Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...n&GRid=8246787&

the SOCIAL SECURITY LISTING below
    which matches the interment listing on
    FIND A GRAVE information provided by
    one HENRY GAUGERT.

13. Mary MOOREHEAD - U.S. Social Security Death Index
    Birth: 24 Aug 1911 State Where Number was Issued: Ohio Death: 1 Apr 1990

If you're certain that this is incorrect, please let me know because I don't want to use that source any longer is that's the case.
    I am the Henry Gaugert listed above, I was contacted about the Wisconsin connection and have since changed the data on Mary Moorehead. Sorry about the mistake, but there was a Mary Moorehead from Ohio who died in 1990, it seemed a logical outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I am the Henry Gaugert listed above, I was contacted about the Wisconsin connection and have since changed the data on Mary Moorehead. Sorry about the mistake, but there was a Mary Moorehead from Ohio who died in 1990, it seemed a logical outcome.
    OK SO THIS WOMAN BORN IN 1911 CAN'T BE AGNES' MOTHER AGNES WAS BORN IN 1900. WHERE IS AGNES' MOM BURIED? THIS IS CONFUSING ME.

Yksguy Guest
    Her mother is buried in the same crypt in Dayton as Agnes. Her mother was Mary Moorehead, who died in 1990, age 106.

I Recently Bought Bewitched Season 6 On Dvd I Have The Other 5 Seasons On Dvd. I Loved Her Heated Arguing Scenes With Dick York's "derwood" Darrin I Heard Agnes Liked Working With Dick York Better Than She Did Dick Sargent.

jfftll Guest
    I read that her son ran away never to be found or seen again.

That sounds interesting, need to know more information

another must-see

if you ever have the opportunity, check out the ep of Night Gallery she was in, called "Certain Shadows on the Wall" -- she plays a dying woman. I have witnessed people days away from their deaths -- they don't look like they do in the movies, lying quietly in bed spouting wisdom. She NAILED it.

did anyone see her guest appearance on the Twighlight Zone "The Invaders" where those tiny aliens terrorize her.btw Agnes' best friend Debbie Reynolds' ex Eddie Fisher died today.

TIMB1967 Guest
    I saw that Twilight Zone episode you mentioned, Robert. Loved her in it. I don't think she had one speaking line in the whole episode.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB1967 View Post
    I saw that Twilight Zone episode you mentioned, Robert. Loved her in it. I don't think she had one speaking line in the whole episode.
    she didn't say anything just screamed and moaned and groaned but she killed all those aliens she chopped up their tiny space ship.

In 1956 on the set of THE OPPOSITE SEX
    l-r: JUNE ALLYSON, JOAN COLLINS, DOLORES GRAY,
    ANN SHERIDAN, ANN MILLER, JOAN BLONDELL,
    AGNES, & BARBARA JO ALLEN
    (as of September 2010, only COLLINS is still alive)

on the set of THE TEMPEST 1958

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

davidbrown Guest
    In the 1956 photo, why are the actresses leaning back on boards? Is it because they don't want their gowns to get wrinkled? I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrown View Post
    In the 1956 photo, why are the actresses leaning back on boards? Is it because they don't want their gowns to get wrinkled? I've never seen that before.

That is exactly why. They were common devices to be found on film sets so that the actresses wouldn't wrinkle their costumes.

Here's another image of the gals from THE OPPOSITE SEX

MARILYN on the 1958 set of SOME LIKE IT HOT

HARLOW on one during the shoot for
    DINNER AT EIGHT

RITA HAYWORTH, 1944
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

davidbrown Guest
    Wow, Kelt! Thanks for the information.

wow I never saw the dress "chairs" before. interesting

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    wow I never saw the dress "chairs" before. interesting

You learn something new everyday at FAD.

Kimmell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yksguy View Post
    No one knows what happened to the adopted son, Sean. AM cut him out of her life completely. In Charles Tranberg's recent biography of AM, he quotes Debbie Reynolds as saying that she thinks Sean became a "street person".
    That's so awful. Knowing your mother is a very well liked actress, and having living a life as a street person. I'm suprised he didn't come forward and write a tell-all book about his mother like Joan Crawford's daughter did.

doyleloyal Guest
    I think the most touching thing i ever saw in a movie was her in "pollyanna" it seems silly but i cry every time she picks that doll out for hayley mills. i'm such a baby

slw Guest
    I remember seeing the photo of Marilyn on her chair before.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Hmm the listing didnt mention she was in the radio version of " Dial M for Murder" . Its been so long since Ive seen the movie I cant remember if she stared in it.

In the show, somehow phone lines get crossed and she hears a murder being planned. She calls the cops and tells them and asks the operator for help. Getting shinned on, her husband away on business she has unknowingly overhead her own murder over the phone when the lines got crossed. Great radio show of the 50s and even better movie.
    As a HUGE fan of the radio show "Suspense", I must correct this. It was "Sorry, Wrong Number" that you were talking about. She was not in the movie. Barbara Stanwyck was, and I didn't like the movie nearly as much as the multiple broadcasts starring Agnes.

I hope this didn't come across as bitchy or know-it-all. That was certainly not my intention. I am just a fan of the stars of Hollywood's "Golden Age"....my favorite to appear on "Suspense" was June Havoc. What a magnificent voice!
    http://www.facebook.com/hermyjack
    My personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/hermanforstmann
    My music page on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post
    I remember seeing the photo of Marilyn on her chair before.
    awwwwww, is that you kitty in your avitar? what a doll, looks like my Hearts cat.
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Agnes was in a silly little cult film called "The Bat," which also starred Vincent Price and Darla Hood in one of her few appearances in a film as an adult.

In the book about her father, written by Victoria Price, someone mentioned to Vincent that when Agnes died, someone wrote on her Hollywood Star "Agnes is God."

Vincent replied that she certainly thought she was!

deanfan Guest
    She was a wonderful actress and so much fun in Bewitched.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agnesmoorehead.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	31074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agnes-Moorehead-bewitched-7862823-518-686.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	31075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AgnesMoorehead03.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	31076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agnes Moorehead-1920s.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	31077  

Chevrolet's Bewitching Bonanza

Endora and Samantha did a few cute Chevrolet commercials back during the Chevy sponsorship.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mcconk2 View Post
    I wnder how much longer she would have lived if she said hold the mayo?
    I really wanted that joke to be funny really I did !

Starstruck Guest
    Does anybody else remember that the after she died her lawyer got most of her money???? I am sure I read that in Debbies book.

Pooh-Bear Guest
    One of my all time favorite scenes with Miss Moorehead, is in "Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte". Though she dies for her efforts at the hands of deHavilland, I hung on to every word Agnes said to Olivia and thought...You Rock Lady!

On a spooky note...shortly after Miss Moorehead passed away I heard a story about the making of "The Conqueror" 1956. It was stated that most of the people making and working on that film died of cancer. It was attributed to the fact that the picture was filmed on a test site. See link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049092/trivia

loved her as Endora!

hemleeck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yksguy View Post
    I am 100% certain that is incorrect. I dont know if there is another Mary Moorehead in the same cemetery but the grave next to Agnes (1974) and John (1938) is that of the Mary Moorehead who died in Wisconsin. There is also a sister there who died around 1930.
    Nice birthday post above-I had forgotten it was today.
    I had the privilege of taking care of her at the Sauk County Health Care Center in Reedsburg, WI before she passed away. She was known as Mollie there. She did in fact live to be 107 years old.

I use to think Agnes was british or something because her accent didn't sound American on Bewitched. and I was recently watching interviews with Agnes on YouTube and her appearances on game shows. she sounded like she was from Britain or somewhere but she was apparently born and raised here in the states.

Just caught the episode where Endora meets her son-in-law for the first time. Very touching when Darrin opens the door and Endora's standing there, looking apprehensive and vulnerable. Bewitched at its start definitely had a charm in its scripts that it lost as time went on. Larry firing Darrin every other week wears thin, and why the fuck did Darrin focus almost exclusively on printed ads - this was the 60s for Christ's sake, the TV age ! Too bad they didn't maintain the quality of the scripts as time went on. Agnes played a very sophisticated woman at first, but way too soon she was stooging it up, popping-in long enough just to cast a spell to fuck-up "Durwood's" day yet again.

http://aggiespicturepalace.blogspot.com/

The above website mentions in its 10/12/19 post that her foster son / adopted son died in 1996.
    Last edited by Dave62; 05-12-2020 at 06:22 PM.

I have the first two seasons on DVD, IMO they were the best. It was tough for them to replace Alice Pearce and Marion Lorne, they should have left that alone. When Dick York left they should have called it a day. I just watched Agnes in a couple of films The Opposite Sex playing a flighty Countess and The Revolt Of Mamie Stover as a tough as nails madam. Different as night and day, which made her such a great actress. I still think she was robbed of the Oscar for The Magnificent Ambersons. I love that episode when she meets Darrin, very touching work from both her and Dick.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I read that she was a very religious person. She used to read Bible stories to Erin Murphy. Being brought up in the color t.v. age, I remember Sandra Gould first. It was interesting the first time seeing Alice Pearce as Gladys. She did such a good job in that role. Of course, I always loved Aunt Clara.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Sandra Gould was all wrong for that part.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    I read that she was a very religious person. She used to read Bible stories to Erin Murphy. Being brought up in the color t.v. age, I remember Sandra Gould first. It was interesting the first time seeing Alice Pearce as Gladys. She did such a good job in that role. Of course, I always loved Aunt Clara.
    This sounds so strange if true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Agnes Moorehead born 120 years ago today.

Just watched her in The Revolt Of Mamie Stover, playing a tough as nails madam with platinum blonde hair... incredible !