Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agnes Moorehead

RoRo Guest

Agnes Moorehead

One of my favorite actresses...
    She was born on December 6, 1900 in Clinton, Massachusetts the daughter of a Presbyterian minister. Among her film credits are: "Citizen Kane" (1941) as Mrs. Kane, her film debut; "Jane Eyre" (1944) with Orson Welles, as Mrs. Reed; "Johnny Belinda" (1948) as Aggie McDonald; "Magnificent Obsession" (1954) with Rock Hudson, as Nancy Ashford; "The Left Hand of God" (1955) as Beryl Sigman; "Untamed" (1955) as Aggie; "All That Heaven Allows" (1955) again with Rock Hudson, as Sara Warren; "The Conqueror" (1956) with John Wayne, as Hunlun, a film which some believe may have caused hers and her fellow castmembers' deaths; Pollyanna" (1960) with Hayley Mills, as Mrs. Snow; "Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte" (1964) as Velma Cruther; "The Singing Nun" (1966) with Debbie Reynolds, as Sister Cluny; "What's the Matter with Helen?" (1971) as Sister Alma; "Dear Dead Delilah" (1972) as Delilah Charles and "Charlotte's Web" (1973) as voice of The Goose, her last film performance. She is best known to millions for her regular role as the witch Endora on "Bewitched" (1964-72). She appeared as a guest on many TV series including: "Wagon Train"; "Playhouse 90"; "The Rebel"; "Rawhide"; "The Rifleman"; "Twilight Zone" in an excellent 1958 episode entitled "The Invaders"; "Burke's Law"; "The Wild, Wild West"; "The Virginian"; "Night Gallery"; "Love, American Style" and "Marcus Welby, M.D." She won an Emmy Award for a guest appearance on "The Wild, Wild West" in 1967. She appeared in many made for TV films including: "Alice Through the Looking Glass" (1966); "What's the Matter with Helen?" (1971); "Night of Terror" (1972) and "Frankenstein: the True Story" (1972). She died of cancer on April 30, 1974 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota at age 73.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kathyf Guest
    She was great as Endora. I did like her in Magnificent Obsession too.

poppie Guest
    She and her then husband, Robert Gist, adopted a son named Sean. I have never read what happened this this boy. Does anyone have any information?

KristinEileen Guest
    I loved her as Endora as well, when I was younger I was only allowed to watch certain things with my Nana and Bewitched was one of them, at that point they were in syndication...

Cemetry Gates Guest
    She's in Dark Passage, one of my fave films ever.

Yksguy Guest
    Suprisingly, Agnes Moorehead's mother outlived her by many years, dying in 1990 at the age of 107!

cachluv Guest
    I love that movie she's in w/ Bette Davis. Davis is standing in front of a sink, washing dishes and singing. Moorehead walks in behind her and says "Stop that singing, it sounds like you're calling the hogs". Davis takes a puff of her ciggie then says "And here you ahhhhhh".

Classic.

Yksguy Guest
    She was great in Magnificent Obsession, yes, but you have to wonder at her character's motivation. I mean, she devotes her ENTIRE life to looking after Jane Wyman and even goes on the run with her when Jane decides she needs to hide from Rock Hudson so he's not saddled with looking after a blind woman. Why?

Yksguy Guest
    No one knows what happened to the adopted son, Sean. AM cut him out of her life completely. In Charles Tranberg's recent biography of AM, he quotes Debbie Reynolds as saying that she thinks Sean became a "street person".

poppie Guest
    Yksguy - this seems almost like a pattern. Frank Fay and Barbara Stanwyck, plus others, adopted child/children and then seemed to make them disposal items.

Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    She and her then husband, Robert Gist, adopted a son named Sean. I have never read what happened this this boy. Does anyone have any information?
    I thought she was Gay???

scootershort Guest
    She was awesome in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte with Bette Davis and Olivia DeHavilland (who's role was to originally be played by Joan Crawford) - Anges played a real crazy.

cachluv Guest
    Aries65, I heard she was family too. Imagine the stigma that still exists nowadays and all the numerous and plenty fake marriages in H'wood today that have been arranged as cover. Now multiply that by a hundred, that must have been what it would have been like to be gay in the 1940's.

Not to say she was or wasn't. But being a closet gay married to a straight person sounds Hollywood to me alright.

If you read Boze Hadleigh's Hollywood Lesbians, she is interviewed and acknowledges the fact that she liked a bit of she.

Yksguy Guest
    In I Love The Illusion: The Life and Career of Agnes Moorehead, author Charles Tranberg states that he found nothing to indicate that AM was a lesbian. He interviewed lots of people who knew her. One, a gay man named Quint Benedetti, who worked for her, is certain that she was not. Benedetti thinks that Paul Lynde, whom he describes as vicious when drunk, and whom he knew from childhood, started the rumours, including the oft-quoted " she was one of the all-time Hollywood dykes". He says Lynde also started the rumour that Agnes and Debbie Reynolds were lovers. Debbie Reynolds told Tranberg that if Agnes had been gay, she (Debbie) would have no reason to deny it now, but that she definitely wasn't.

What Agnes said to Boze Hadleigh was :" Love doesnt have a sex..a woman may love a person who is this or that, male or female...you apparently have your own informants. I dont know what you've heard, and I dont want to hear. Some of it may even be true."
    So we can read into that whatever we want, but Tranberg is adamant that there is no evidence, apart from that intriguing statement, to suggest any lesbian relationships in AM's life.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Didn't Joan Fontaine adopt a baby who ran away at like 16 and was never heard from again?

cachluv Guest
    "no evidence, apart from that intriguing statement, to suggest any lesbian relationships in AM's life."

---Firstly, dahhhling, I hope you aren't feeling defensive. We are all speculating here.

Now...there is a big difference between a "relationship" and in liking a "bit of she".

It's all speculation. I believe, from my own bi-dar, that she minimally exuded the vibe. And if she did like women, I hope she at least got to find out for herself either way.

Yksguy Guest
    Oh no, I'm not defensive on this matter at all. Just wanted to present her biographer's take on the question. If Aggie was that way inclined, I too hope she did something about it.

RoRo Guest
    Everything I've ever read on old Hollywood's sexuality had her as bi...I think she was but that's just me

PvN73 Guest
    I thought she was fantastic in Bewitched! Her hair, the makeup, her outfits! I went to a fancy dress party dressed as her - it was great fun!

[SIZE=3]Happy 107th Birthday[/SIZE] To AGNES MOOREHEAD

in 1931

in 1942

in 1965
    As most of us remember her as 'Endora' on tv's
    [SIZE=3]Bewitched[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post

[SIZE=4]S[/SIZE]hown above in 1964 with his mother, the son, who was named SEAN was actually adopted in the late 1940s while AGNES was married to her first husband JOHN LEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Yksguy View Post
    Suprisingly, Agnes Moorehead's mother outlived her by many years, dying in 1990 at the age of 107!

Not so, the woman who died in 1990 and is interred next to AGNES' father was his 2nd wife, MARY and she died at the grand old age of 78. She was 10 years AGNES' junior.

Yksguy Guest
    No, that is not correct. Where did you hear that? Agnes father died in the 30s...her mother outlived her by 16 years. Entry from social security death index pasted below:

Social Security Death Index
    about Mary Moorehead Name:Mary MooreheadSSN:388-40-7105 Last Residence:53959 Reedsburg, Sauk, Wisconsin, United States of AmericaBorn:25 Aug 1883Died:8 Jun 1990State (Year) SSN issued:

Yksguy Guest
    Just to follow up a little bit-there is no doubt that Agnes' mother outlived her, and that there was no second wife of the father. Mary Moorehead is a beneficiary of Agnes' will...Debbie Reynolds in her autobiography discusses how she met Mrs Moorehead after Agnes' death...and in the Agnes Moorehead biography I Love The Illusion--there is tons of material on Mary Moorehead...Agnes often went to stay with her mother in Wisconsin...Mary Moorehead gave an interview after Agnes's death in which she related that Agnes' last word had been "mama". One of the sources interviewed for the biography told of being invited to Mary Moorehead's home in the 80s, Mrs Moorehead's mind had clouded by then, and all the other places at the dinner table were taken up by photos of Hollywood stars...

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...n&GRid=8246787&

the SOCIAL SECURITY LISTING below
    which matches the interment listing on
    FIND A GRAVE information provided by
    one HENRY GAUGERT.

13. Mary MOOREHEAD - U.S. Social Security Death Index
    Birth: 24 Aug 1911 State Where Number was Issued: Ohio Death: 1 Apr 1990

If you're certain that this is incorrect, please let me know because I don't want to use that source any longer is that's the case.

YKSGUY- I checked your SOCIAL SECURITY listing and it is quite accurate for the dates. I'm wondering now if this GAUGERT guy who entered al of the information for MARY MOOREHEAD on F-A-G just went by the first SS # that he found for (a) MARY MOOREHEAD who died in 1990 and since the one he used was from OHIO he conjectured that 1+1= 6.
    I'll admit when I'm wrong, and it sounds like it here. I will state though that I went by the information provided from another source, a piss-poor one apparently. Mea Culpa.............

Yksguy Guest
    I am 100% certain that is incorrect. I dont know if there is another Mary Moorehead in the same cemetery but the grave next to Agnes (1974) and John (1938) is that of the Mary Moorehead who died in Wisconsin. There is also a sister there who died around 1930.
    Nice birthday post above-I had forgotten it was today.

Yksguy Guest
    Poppie-further to your query about Sean, this is from an interview on the harpiesBizarre Bewitched website with Tranberg, the author of the biography Ive been quoting:
    start out trying to resolve these mysteries or were you really just interested in presenting the facts as they came to you?
    CT: Sean is such a mystery because he seems to have vanished from the face of the earth. People like Debbie Reynolds and Paul Gregory would ask me what I found out about Sean, so even Agnes's own friends didn't really know what became of him. Luckily, I found Larry Russell, who knew Sean and Agnes and had a brother who was close to Sean. Due to him we got him as far as Switzerland living with Paulette Goddard after leaving Agnes.
    But to answer your question, while I may have wanted to solve the mystery of Sean, I was always prepared just to present the facts as best as I could. There are still lots of mysteries out there regarding Agnes that I couldn't completely solve, but I was able to shed some light on. I think my book is a good first step, but I'm not so egotistical to think that it is definitive. Some day I hope that someone will come along and answer some of the remaining questions. Maybe I could even update my book as I discover more information--I've already heard from people since the book came out who knew Agnes--but I didn't have any idea until now.

YKSGUY- Did the book say what led to the estrangement between mother & son ? That's something that I've been curious. I know about the cause of some of the others, but not this (one).

I do know that DEBBIE REYNOLDS held MOOREHEAD in high regard and that the two were very close from the mid 60s onward. EDDIE FISHER was going to alledge a lesbian relationship between the two women in his autobiography and REYNOLDS let it be known that she'd sue the pants off of him. He later claimed that out of respect for their children he decided not to include that tidbit in his memoirs; I think that it was likely more a case of since he 'couldn't actually prove it', the publishing company's attorneys strongly advised against any such allegation.

from the October 1966 issue of [SIZE=4]P[/SIZE]HOTOPLAY:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=5]"My Son Owes His Life to Debbie."[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

In a town noted for female feuds, the friendship between Agnes Moorehead and Debbie Reynolds is heartwarming.
    The visitor to the MGM commissary stopped short; in dismay, she half turned to leave. For there, right in the middle of the large dining room, sat two nuns, alternately laughing loudly, then giggling like two teenagers. Most out of character. One of them even had her knees crossed.
    Then the visitor paused, sighed in relief, returned to the commissary â?? and marched straight across to the table where Debbie Reynolds and Agnes Moorehead were lunching. Hesitantly, she asked for their autographs. Smiling, they pushed back the wimples that covered their hair and sighed.
    Those two â??nunsâ? â?? whose girlish giggling had somewhat unsettled the visitor â?? were, indeed, Agnes Moorehead and Debbie Reynolds. They were then filming The Singing Nun, and had had no time to change out of their nunsâ?? habits.

Debbie Reynolds and Agnes Moorehead from Photoplay 1966
    And those who know say â?? and even Miss Moorehead admits â?? that when Debbie and Agnes get together, they are quite apt to giggle like young girls.
    Despite the difference in their ages, Debbie and Agnes have been extremely close friends for the past six or seven years. They really got to know each other when they were making the epic How the West was Won, in which Agnes played the role of Debbieâ??s mother. They discovered they had many things in common, enjoyed each otherâ??s company and became fast friends.
    When asked about their friendship Agnes says, â??Oh, we had met years before at somebodyâ??s party. But How the West was Won really brought us together, when we were thrown together on the set over a period of weeks. You know, it â??s quite rare to form a lasting friendship from making a picture together. But Debbie and I have formed a friendship that has lasted.â? That Debbie regards Miss Moorehead with great â?? and special â?? fondness was certainly apparent during last fallâ??s highly publicized Thalian benefit. Itâ?? s common knowledge how Debbie pulled the rare feat of securing Richard Burton for the charity show â?? and that he and Elizabeth Taylor both attended. What many do not know, however, is that the redoubtable Debbie seated Agnes Moorehead â?? at the table of honor with the Burtons â?? at Richard â??s right hand. Every woman in the room was green with envy.
    Green, incidentally, is Debbieâ??s favorite color. Her â??lovely green dressing roomâ? is, in reality, a mobile home that Debbie owns and uses as her dressing room when making a film. She loaned it to Agnes the first season that Bewitched went on the air, much to Agnes appreciative gratitude. And green it is, inside and out.
    This season, however, Miss Moorehead has her own portable dressing room â?? and itâ??s lavender. She recently had it completely redone, beautifully so, but she laughs, rather ironically when she tells you â??Yes, and I had to pay for it myself too, can you imagine?â?
    That laugh of Agnes is almost a trademark, and marks her acute sense of life â??s ridiculous side. And itâ??s certainly one of the reasons she and Debbie hit it off so well.
    â??Debbie has an incredible sense of humorâ? Agnes confided to us, â??and itâ??s a good thing she has. You know, itâ??s really the only thing that keeps us actors going. If an actor either loses his sense of humor â?? or just doesnâ??t have one to start with â?? he can eat himself up inside. Both Debbie and I manage to see the funny side of things â?? and so survive.â?
    â??Like there was this wonderful little scene in The Singing Nun â?? later cut out â?? where weâ??ve gone to get some tires from a man to make shoe soles for poor people. Debbie is rolling her tire, Iâ??m carrying mine. She asks me why I donâ??t roll it, so I do. We start kicking the tires down the street and, of course, one rolls right into a café. Well, we started ad libbing as the camera followed us down the street. We must have looked awfully intent because later, half a dozen people on the set came over and asked us curiously what on earth we had been talking about. Frankly, neither of us could remember. We were just talking, thatâ??s all. And weâ??re actresses.â?
    â??Debbie is also a wonderful impersonator, as you may know. She spots a personâ??s weakness and immediately picks up on it. Thatâ??s the secret of mimicking, and she has a marvelous ear for it. Oh, yes, she does me, too. And she is simply hilarious at it. I tend to look rather austere, so here comes Debbie, very grand, very grand, like a dowager. I love it.â?
    â??You know, her husband, Harry Karl, is also marvelously funny, but few people know it; heâ??s such a quiet, reserved man. His trick is to let everyone go on, and after theyâ??re all through he comes up with a line that just absolutely tops everybody.â?
    â??Those two are such a happy couple. They enjoy each other so, itâ??s a job just to be around them. Heaven knows, theyâ??ve both had their share of marital problems. Itâ??s so gratifying to see two such fine persons find each other.â?
    Debbie and Agnes have even more in common now, since Debbie is caring for Harryâ??s three children by his marriage to Marie MacDonald. The older two are teenagers, as is Agnes's son Sean, who is 17.

Agnes Moorehead with Her Son, Sean
    Sean recently had determined to enlist before finishing high school, requesting that he be sent to Vietnam. He feels very strongly about the matter. His mother understands his deep convictions but naturally feels he would be much better qualified to serve after he graduates. However, like all mothers, sheâ??s having a problem convincing her son of the wisdom of this.

continued article from [SIZE=3]P[/SIZE]HOTOPLAY :

Debbie has been of great help to Agnes with the problem. As a friend, she can talk straighter to Sean than can Agnes â?? and not be accused of being â??a motherâ? about it. She even took the young man along on one of her visits to Los Angeles huge Veteranâ??s Hospital, where so many wounded Vietnam soldiers are sent. She hoped that when he talked to those men, he would see for himself.
    As of this writing, Debbieâ??s scheme seems to be working. Sean is still in high school. And, in large measure, Agnes has Debbie to thank for it.
    â??Both Debbie and I believe in discipline where children are concerned,â? Agnes says. â??Iâ??m not sure, but I suspect Debbie is even more strict than I am. And we also believe, very strongly, that children need religion. Iâ??m Protestant, and have only one child. So that was fairly simple.â?
    â??But it is far from simple in the Karl household. Debbieâ??s children by Eddie Fisher attend a Protestant Sunday school. Harry is Jewish. But Marie brought up their three children as Catholics. Naturally the Catholic church is where they still go, and always will go, as far as Debbie is concerned. In that house, everyone respects everyone elseâ??s religion, believe you me. It must be pandemonium getting everyone off to his own place of worship. But she handles it with as much ease as if she had been doing it all her life. Sheâ??s an amazing woman.â?
    â??You know, when I talk about discipline, I donâ??t mean to imply harshness â?? certainly not where Debbie is concerned. Far from it. She spends a great deal of time with her children. And, except for some charity work and visits to hospitals and orphanages, she goes out very little. But one thing â?? she wants to know where those children are every minute â?? and what they are doing. She supervises them completely. No servant does that for Debbie. Never has.â?
    â??One thing Debbie and I never discuss is politics. I really do not think actors should get mixed up in politics. Debbie would agree w/me - she has more than enough to do. It's not that I am nonpartisan; I'd be for the man, you see. It's just - well, after all, who knows anything about politics really?â?
    Although Debbie does not go out much socially, she adores having friends in on an informal basis. Many times, Agnes relates, even with all the help in the house, Debbie does her own cooking. She likes to cook, and nothing is more fun to her than preparing a midnight supper for friends.
    Debbie is, and always has been, a lover of sports. Not so Agnes. Yet the two found a common ground there too. They are both fond of horses, and on occasion have shared early morning rides.
    Agnes adds, â??Oh, and once in a while we go shopping together. We shop for bargains madly â?? things for the house. Itâ??s fun â?? and Debbie and I love discovering a new wholesale or discount house. It doesnâ??t bother us that we get stopped and asked for autographs. Quite the contrary â?? thank heavens people do it. If they didnâ??t, it would be terrible. It happens all the time, but you just get where you donâ??t think about it anymore.â?
    â??You know, though, for all itâ??s so taken for granted, there is such a thing as carrying this autograph thing too far. I saw this happen to Elizabeth Taylor at the Thalian affair. Every time sheâ??d lift a fork to her mouth, someone would turn up to ask her to sign a piece of paper. She was entirely gracious at all times, never refused once. But I will absolutely swear she never got to eat at all. Now reallyâ?¦.â?
    Debbie had an even more outrageous experience along those lines. While on a personal appearance tour recently, she, like everyone else in the world, had to go to the powder room. And while she was locked in an individual cubicle, suddenly a hand, clutching an autograph book and pen, appeared under the door, and a voice said, â??I hate to bother you like this, Miss Reynolds, butâ?¦.â?
    As Agnes Moorehead would say, â??Well, reallyâ?¦.â?
    â??With her home life the way it is, and with smaller children, Debbie, as I said, gets out much less than I do,â? admitted the regal star of Bewitched, â??But Debbie doesnâ??t have to do that now; she is completely secure, both financially and in her home life. But I feel most actors must â?? certainly I do. One has to be seen. Out of sight, out of mind in Hollywood. I do a lot of outside activities that she doesnâ??t. Like my one-woman show, you know. I could do that for 30 weeks out of the year, but canâ??t manage it because of the television schedule. So I work my engagements in when there is free time.â?
    â??It was just fortunate that I was able to make The Singing Nun. I know Debbie wanted me in the cast, and luckily Bewitched was on a hiatus at the time. Otherwise it would have been impossible.â?
    â??It is marvelous to have a friend as sensible as Debbie, with whom you can compare notes on such things as the rearing of children. She is quite concerned about hers. She feels they are given far, far too much. They do get a lot of things â?? but not so much that Debbie really needs to concern herself about it. Yet she does. And I admire her for it.â?
    â??As for show business, Debbie isnâ??t particularly trying to steer her children away from it. But she certainly isnâ??t steering them toward it, either. I think her daughter Carrie just might go into show business. The child is very adept at entertaining. Sheâ??s 9, and already shows a great deal of talent, and I think she likes show business.â?
    â??I prefer, on the other hand, to keep Sean out of it. It has so many sorrows and disappointments. And I think it is even harder for a man, who has to be the breadwinner for the family; it exerts tremendous pressures. And, of course, if you marry someone in the business, itâ??s even worse â?? you NEVER know what to expect. No two careers blossom at the same rate. Itâ??s terrible for a man to see his wife famous if he is a performer, too, and not so well-known. Itâ??s much easier the other way around.â?
    â??On the other hand, itâ??s quite different if oneâ??s spouse isnâ??t in the business. Take Harry Karl for instance. He accepts Debbieâ??s success completely, because he is so eminently successful in his own field. And he loves show business, thinks itâ??s great fun. Debbie is most fortunate in this respect. And she couldnâ??t be happier.â?
    It is difficult for many persons to comprehend how pert, vivacious Debbie, and the somewhat severe, reserved Agnes Moorehead became sisterly associates. When asked to what she attributed their special relationship, Miss Moorehead found it almost equally difficult to describe.
    Said she, â??Itâ??s just some sort of chemistry, I suppose. Who can explain why you like one person and not another, why you enjoy being with one person and not another? It makes small sense when you try to explain it rationally.â?
    â??Perhaps itâ??s because both of us have very high standards and principles. Did you know that Debbie spent five months, every day, learning to play the guitar for â??The Singing Nunâ?, for instance? Many actresses would have used a double, or just faked it. Not Debbie. Sheâ??s a real professional, and I respect her tremendously.â?
    She thought for a moment, then said, â??Or perhaps itâ??s because we both have this zany sense of humor. That may surprise a lot of people, Iâ??m sure, because I always seem to appear so austere and seem to play those type roles mostly. We both, Debbie and I, have a deep faith in God, too.â?
    â??Letâ??s just say there is a great rapport between us,â? she finally said. â??You feel this sort of thing â?? it canâ??t be explained in mere words. Why, so far, weâ??ve never had any differences at all. Why should we? Debbie has a marvelous way of saying, when someone starts to disagree, â??Why, youâ??re rightâ? â?? and that ends that.â?
    â??Debbie and I, you see, are each otherâ??s confidante.â? When asked what that meant, Miss Moorehead drew herself up in her customary proud pose and said, politely but firmly, â??I cannot elaborate further. That is why I am a confidante.â?
    Debbie is very fortunate in her friends, too.

Yksguy Guest
    From I Love The Illusion:The Life and Career of Agnes Moorehead, by Charles Tranberg.

When Sean came home from Europe where he had been attending school, he had grown his hair long, Agnes would not let him stay in her house until he had cut it. He did cut his hair, but it was the beginning of what Debbie Reynolds called an ongoing "duel of wills" between Sean and Agnes. Reynolds attempted to speak to Agnes about her inflexibility, but Moorehead insisted "My way is the right way."
    After he graduated from high school, Sean left home. Agnes wrote to a friend, " Sean is nowhere to be found.The police have a warrant for his address as he was evidently cited for a traffic violation and didnt show up.As far as I know, he hadnt a license to drive. It's quite a heartbreak-he is absolutely out of his mind- but I've done all that I can. I'm only grateful I didnt adopt him.(??) My lawyers say I'm not liable for anything he might do..."

According to Debbie Reynolds the final break came when Agnes found a dismantled gun in Sean's room...this frightened her...she confronted him with it, and he denied it...she took him up to his room, opened the drawer where she had found it, and with that, told him to leave...asked what she thought had become of Sean, Debbie Reynolds was silent for a moment and then softly said, "I dont know for sure, but I think he became one of the children of the streets."

Quint Benedetti says that Agnes would occasionally, while they were driving cross-country for yet another one woman show, let her guard down. She would mention Sean, wondering what had become of him, and questioning, though not really wanting an answer, what she had done wrong.

opheliahardin Guest
    If you want to see some acting, try and catch her one-woman show on the old _The Twilight Zone_. I think it was called _The Invaders_ or something.

Does anyone have any info on Agnes Moorhead

How did she die were is her final resting place
    I loved her as an actress on Bewitched did she have any children

thanks
    Wayne

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Try this. Says her and her first husband adopted an orphan, who ran away. Doesn't say what happened to him later on though.

Look up one of Boze Hadleigh books
    called- Hollywood Lesbians.
    You may find some things there.

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    I had no idea she died at the Mayo Clinic.

I loved her in Bewitched.

Thanks for the info!

Duke Six Guest
    I havent read anywhere here about a post Bewitched movie she was in called The Ballad of Andy Crocker. I think it was an ABC movie of the week at the time circa 71-72? I think she played Mrs Crocker mother of a Nam vet who was trying to get home once he got stateside. I havent seen this pic in over 30 plus years. I rember the character stealing a Triumph motorcycle from some hippies and several decent chase scenes as well as the dramatic angle when he returns home. I love these forums and lurk on these forums. Thanks to all who prvide much late night reading, Mike.....update Im mistaken abot the date, It was 1969 Damn, Im gettin old as well as senile. Lee Majors was Andy and Joey heatherton was in it too. I may be wrong so please be kind when correcting me......Agnes Rules....Also in the cast were Marvin Gaye, Bobby Hatfield, yes that Bobby,Jimmy Dean and Pat Hingle Also Agnes prtrayed Joey Heathertons Mother. Id like to see that flick again sometime.
    Last edited by Duke Six; 02-03-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: info

mcconk2 Guest
    I wnder how much longer she would have lived if she said hold the mayo?

she, Paul Lynde and Debbie Reynolds were in the orginal Charlotte's Web or they gave the voices Agnes was the voice of the stuttering old Goose,Debbie was the voice of Charlotte the spider and Paul was the voice of Templeton the Rat. Agnes co-starred in THE BAT with Vincent Price. and i have "HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE" where she played Bette Davis' housekeeper Velma.

RoRo Guest
    Love everyones contributions to this thread...Agnes is one of my favorites!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Kelt--you are our resident SCHOLAR!!!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Six View Post
    I havent read anywhere here about a post Bewitched movie she was in called The Ballad of Andy Crocker. I think it was an ABC movie of the week at the time circa 71-72? I think she played Mrs Crocker mother of a Nam vet who was trying to get home once he got stateside. I havent seen this pic in over 30 plus years. I rember the character stealing a Triumph motorcycle from some hippies and several decent chase scenes as well as the dramatic angle when he returns home. I love these forums and lurk on these forums. Thanks to all who prvide much late night reading, Mike.....update Im mistaken abot the date, It was 1969 Damn, Im gettin old as well as senile. Lee Majors was Andy and Joey heatherton was in it too. I may be wrong so please be kind when correcting me......Agnes Rules....Also in the cast were Marvin Gaye, Bobby Hatfield, yes that Bobby,Jimmy Dean and Pat Hingle Also Agnes prtrayed Joey Heathertons Mother. Id like to see that flick again sometime.

Good post! Love those old "Movies of the Week"! This one sounds like a camp classic.
    (Actually, if you search, you will find and maybe enjoy a thread on "TV Movies of the 70s")

Bobby Hatfield???!!??

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Agnes was a brilliant actress. It's the power of tv that she is remembered by most as Endora. I love the story of how Lucille Ball didn't know Agnes was in HOW THE WEST WAS WON because she didn't recognize her. That is a true testament to Agnes' talent, from another legendary talent.

Forever-27 Guest
    Hmm the listing didnt mention she was in the radio version of " Dial M for Murder" . Its been so long since Ive seen the movie I cant remember if she stared in it.

In the show, somehow phone lines get crossed and she hears a murder being planned. She calls the cops and tells them and asks the operator for help. Getting shinned on, her husband away on business she has unknowingly overhead her own murder over the phone when the lines got crossed. Great radio show of the 50s and even better movie.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 02-25-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Duke Six Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Good post! Love those old "Movies of the Week"! This one sounds like a camp classic.
    (Actually, if you search, you will find and maybe enjoy a thread on "TV Movies of the 70s")

Bobby Hatfield???!!??
    That Bobby would be the deceased half of the Righteous Brothers. Yours, Duke.....
    Last edited by Duke Six; 02-26-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Duke Six Guest
    Its a fact, KELT ROCKS........

imogene schlogenwockle Guest
    Agnes was a fabulous actress. I hear she was a resident of Lesbos as well.