Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14212223
Results 1,101 to 1,124 of 1124

Thread: Computer, Software and Cellphone Questions and Advice

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Those options aren't particular to any phone model. They're universal like a GUI or start button.
    There was another update this week, and when I restarted my phone to complete the update, voìla, the issue is resolved! I have my gesture back! I had googled earlier, and found I wasn't the only one with the issue but the update fixed it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Yay!

That's great!

I'm having a bit of a problem with my ancient Windows 7 desktop.

So, I do a lot of research and other stuff that sometimes requires me to leave a window open while I look something up in another one or work on a WORD Doc. For sometime now, when I go back to that window it has gone white below the bookmark bar. Refreshing brings back up. But I am wondering why it does that. Screen resolution?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Micro$oft ended backwards compatibility updates for Windows 7 over a year ago. That's causing several glitches now for people who still use it because html is no longer the main code used in websites, and Flash is going the way of the Dodo bird. HTML and Flash were integral to just about every Window$ program when 7 was in use. They still are and can't be updated. That's why glitches like that have begun to become obvious to users now instead of lurking in the HKEYS.

I should have figured that. It's no biggie. I just refresh and it's back. Thanks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Looking for some tech nerds...
    I had an issue the other day with my internet going off line. I rebooted my router a few times and it reconnected. A couple days later it went offline again, rebooted it and it came back. Couple days later it went offline again and I rebooted it and it wouldn’t come back. I called the internet company, they tested it and said all is fine on their end. I tried connecting the internet directly into the tv (without the router) and it worked fine, but when I plugged the cord back into the router nothing.
    Logic told me that the router was the problem, so I bought a new router this morning. I set it all up, and now it stays connected to the internet for like a minute and goes offline. I reboot it, it stays connected for a minute, goes offline. HELP!

My case is different. Mine went offline and stayed there. So, Sissy called the internet company and they couldn't find anything wrong at their end. They came out though and sure enough the router was dead. The same might be true with yours. I'd call em up and demand they come check it out on your side.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I get the blue screen of death where a problem has occurred and has to restart. Sometimes it does and other times it says no disc drive found even after a reboot. I wonder if my computer is getting older or is it a Windows issue. If I shut down for awhile and turn it back on it all starts up normally. Good thing I have a backup laptop when it happens.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I get the blue screen of death where a problem has occurred and has to restart. Sometimes it does and other times it says no disc drive found even after a reboot. I wonder if my computer is getting older or is it a Windows issue. If I shut down for awhile and turn it back on it all starts up normally. Good thing I have a backup laptop when it happens.
    What version is it? My desktop is W7. No updates since last year. I have some problems, but not enough to ditch it for my laptop.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mansfield, Hubby said it's the mother board, the area where the BIOS is stored is going out. You can try getting it replaced but if it's an older computer might be best to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm having a bit of a problem with my ancient Windows 7 desktop.

You should update it with Windows 10. The update is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Overheating due to dust buildup?

Windows 11

It's a thing. I didn't post a link because the info varies.

• The release date is in October vs September 2--if your computer is compatible with W10.
    • W11 will automatically install vs your having an option--W10 will be updated for 5 more years.
    • It takes 15 or 20 minutes to install.

Thoughts?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Anyone have an idea why a Moto E phone won't stay connected to WiFi and what I could possibly do to make it stay connected? It ONLY does it at home, and my other devices all stay connected just fine. Laptop, Kindle Fire, Roku. I have do not have access to the router, the apartment I'm in now is technically student housing and has free WiFi. We have free WiFi at work, and I have no issue staying online there. It's just at home. As I've typed this, I've had to reconnect to my WiFi several times when the TikToks I'm listening to stopped.

Here's what I've done to fix the issue, to no avail:

Restarted my phone. Eleventeen times.
    "Forgotten" and reconnected to the WiFi networks.
    Reset my phone's network settings.
    Tried to turn off WiFi+, only to find I don't have WiFi+.

All the other solutions I've found to this involve checking the router settings/distance, resetting the router. I have no control over those at all. I will say there's at LEAST 16 different networks woven together here for us to connect to. I wonder if THAT might be an issue?

This is NOT the only thing about this phone that irritates the snot out of me, but it's one of the major ones. Other issues with it are NO storage space AT ALL. Slower than a turtle with a broken leg stomping through peanut butter. Issues recording video on TikTok (out of sync with sounds). Constant freezing and lagging.

My Pixel died unexpectedly about six weeks ago. The Motorola E was a temporary replacement, in the beginning I considered keeping it but after all the drama with it the last few weeks....I can't wait to upgrade.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

It's a thing. I didn't post a link because the info varies.

• The release date is in October vs September 2--if your computer is compatible with W10.
    • W11 will automatically install vs your having an option--W10 will be updated for 5 more years.
    • It takes 15 or 20 minutes to install.

Thoughts?
    I got a message yesterday saying my laptop was compatible but I think I will wait until it's out for a while. W10 has been out for years and they still have to fix their mistakes nearly every month so I can only imagine what could go wrong with 11.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I got a mesage yesterday saying my laptop was compatible but I think I will wait until it's out for a while. W10 has been out for years and they still have to fix their mistakes nearly every month so I can only imagine what could go wrong with 11.
    I'll likely do the same.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think I will wait to see how things go. I am in no hurry.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Waiting as well,least till next summer. Not risking updating my operating system during school semesters.

You're all doing the right thing by waiting to install Windows 11 mainly because it's so new and there are most likely plenty of "bugs" within the OS that need to be worked out by Microsoft. I'm also going to wait a few months to install it (even if an update notice comes on my screen).
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

A friend did the upgrade and is sorry he did. He went right back to 10.

I'm not going to upgrade until Microsoft puts quits to updating 10.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm not going to upgrade until Microsoft puts quits to updating 10.
    Yeah, right, Cindy!

A few weeks ago I zagged instead of zipped and found my butt updating to W11. My new laptop came with it already installed, and It didn't take more than a couple of hours--if that--to update. The START menu is more compact. I didn't lose anything. The biggest bother to me is that you can't put the taskbar at the top of the screen. That's not to much to complain about.

Anybody else?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I still have windows 8.1 that is going to be gone
    in Jan 2023.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Microsoft leaves a loophole for those wanting to run Windows 11 on 'unsupported' hardware:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/micros...ource=facebook