Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: D.J. AM Adam Goldstein

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I just spoke at a meeting last night and it is frightening at how easy people get hooked on these damn things. Remember what Elvis said? "My name is on the bottle so, it's okay". Oxy, when broken packs a punch stronger than black tar heroin. In fact, it was easier to detox off of heroin than the OxyContin. If you are taking these things..PLEASE be careful. Opiates suppress the Central Nervous System making it difficult to breathe..that's what caused my overdoses; you don't even realize that you are not breathing and you know what? You don't even care. <shaking it off> One day at a time..

That's why opiates cause overdoses. Your body is in such a relaxed state everything just shuts down. It forgets to breathe. Same reason for the chronic constipation. Your bowels just go to sleep.
    Last edited by John Connor; 09-06-2009 at 09:03 AM.

harlequin_clown Guest
    WOW. Someone had so much time on their hands they sent me a personal email telling me their "thoughts" on DJAM, to sum it up the asshole said "hope he rots in hell, waste of f*cking egg and sperm, rot in hell DJAM!!!!" Poetic. It was from someone I have never heard of, and I have no clue how he got my email address, or why he bothered to send that to me, where he came from etc....

What a loser, and what lack of compassion. There are a LOT of celebs I cannot stand, dead and alive but I wouldn't attack someone who cared/was a fan. Jerk.
    Last edited by harlequin_clown; 09-06-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    Jop, I am so proud of you. Addiction is a scary thing. You are a very strong and brave person. It's amazing that half the people I knew at one time are still alive. It's so strange that some people wake up from their drugged stupors and others don't. I'm very thankful my husband and I are still alive. I guess one day at a time is the only way to do it.

Why do anti-anxiety meds (Xanax, in particular) trigger addictive behavior? I have known several people who have all kinds of shit triggered by Xanax. I've never understood that. I wonder if it's a medical reason or more like you just don't give a shit and say, "Why not?"

I consider myself very good at knowing who celebs are but I do not know who Haley Wood is. Actress? Model? Musician?

I figured out why I'm so upset about DJ AM's death....I've had a crush on him for a long time. Now I can't fantasize about making out with him....or can I? I don't think I've done that with a dead crush. Not sure I've ever had a dead crush.

This just totally sucks. He was a GOOD GUY in a town full of fuck faces. And I didn't see that pic of him throwing the first pitch or whatever at the Mets/Yankees/Whoevers game WITH HIS GLASSES ON. I am a HUGE SUCKER for glasses. I see the cutest pic of him ever and it's AFTER his death. Ugh.
    Any mind altering substance like Xanax, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, ect. Can be addictive. You become addicted to the feeling it produces and after awhile, like my experience, you find that you need more and more to get the same "high". Hence the term, chasing the dragon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    That's why opiates cause overdoses. Your body is in such a relaxed state everything just shuts down. It forgets to breathe. Same reason for the chronic constipation. Your bowels just go to sleep.
    You don't have to tell me. Been there, bought the t-shirt. Thank God those days are over. Well, for today.

atlantis Guest
    Any mind altering substance like Xanax, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, ect. Can be addictive. You become addicted to the feeling it produces and after awhile, like my experience, you find that you need more and more to get the same "high". Hence the term, chasing the dragon.
    But why does taking Xanax trigger old addictions? Several of our friends had been off the hard stuff (crack, oxy, coke) but then taking a few Xanax would send them searching all over the place for the hard stuff I just mentioned. They can't just take a Xan every once in a while. It always leads to other stuff. Having a drink didn't bother them but the benzo's did. Benzo's are no joke either. I know that from experience. Thank God opiates makes me violently ill or who knows what would have happened to me.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Should I slap you around a little bit?

would you please?! i could use a little "tough love".

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Are there any pics of him out and about yet?
    Can't wait to see em

8. 09-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Flowergrrl Guest
    Why do anti-anxiety meds (Xanax, in particular) trigger addictive behavior? I have known several people who have all kinds of shit triggered by Xanax. I've never understood that. I wonder if it's a medical reason or more like you just don't give a shit and say, "Why not?"
    Exactly. I was addicted to muscle relaxers. It's in the same family of how it affects your body.

When you have anxiety your body is already functioning at a high level which is what leads to anxiety. Drugs that slow you down to a more normal level, when out of your system, make your body feel like it has that super amount of energy even twice or more than it did before you took the medication.

You then have to keep taking the medication or that super high (energy) feeling is there X times worse. It turns into a cycle. The medication either doesn't last as long or it works less so you have to take more of it.

The same as with the medications Jop listed. They all slow you down. Even a normal person can develop anxiety from taking drugs like those.

It sucks. I blame it for the Social Anxiety I developed soon after I quit taking it. But, I was determined to quit it.

bluebird14 Guest
    ok but I have to ask (just to make sure it isnt just me): does anyone else think that he got readdicted to drugs right after that plane crash? I kind of saw something like this happening, poor guy was just devestated after that crash.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    ok but I have to ask (just to make sure it isnt just me): does anyone else think that he got readdicted to drugs right after that plane crash? I kind of saw something like this happening, poor guy was just devestated after that crash.
    From what I've been reading, I think he had a relapse around the time of his death. He seemed very serious about his sobriety and it seemed like he was taking great care not to get addicted to anything again, so my guess is that something happened shortly before his death that just made him say "fuck it".

I personally think he committed suicide, but that's just me.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

bluebird14 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post

You know the saying, If the Shoe Fits?

I think it fits.

desertangel Guest
    Check out this documentary on meth... they did find a pipe where he died, didn't they?

Start about 26:30 and watch until about 32:
    it discusses meth and brain chemistry

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-w...angerous-drug/
    Last edited by desertangel; 09-07-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added the link to the referenced documentary - just trying to be helpful! LOL!!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    From what I've been reading, I think he had a relapse around the time of his death. He seemed very serious about his sobriety and it seemed like he was taking great care not to get addicted to anything again, so my guess is that something happened shortly before his death that just made him say "fuck it".

Actually he was supposed to go into Rehab after his gig Friday.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regiona...WytBKpU1z6Im6H

But why does taking Xanax trigger old addictions? Several of our friends had been off the hard stuff (crack, oxy, coke) but then taking a few Xanax would send them searching all over the place for the hard stuff I just mentioned. They can't just take a Xan every once in a while. It always leads to other stuff. Having a drink didn't bother them but the benzo's did. Benzo's are no joke either. I know that from experience. Thank God opiates makes me violently ill or who knows what would have happened to me.
    See, you have to keep in mind that those of us in recovery have to remain vigilant at all times, our disease wants us back and it's doing push ups right around the corner and just waiting...waiting to find an open window or door to slide back in. Xanax and things of that nature awaken that "high" feeling. It's like a bear that's sleeping and then smells food.."Oh, I remember that". Let's chase it and see if I can fill up again. Like I said, I can't even take cold medicine because the speedy feeling "turns me on". If you have an addictive personality, "you" have NO business playing around with mind altering substances. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    I'm sure that the survivor's guilt was horrible. I'd start shooting up again if I went through something like that...well, maybe not, but it's a major life changing event.

harlequin_clown Guest
    First thing I thought when I read an article on him after the crash... "Damn, he is going to go right back to it" Sucks to be right sometimes

cherryghost Guest
    I dont think most people realise they have an addictive personality untill they are addicted!

Friend on antidepressants has become a big drinker! He wasnt before and now drinks everyday ...he thinks its the antidepressants!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    "Originally Posted by JefeStone
    I hate the fact that people consider DJ's musicians. To me a DJ is just a drugged out jukebox with a pulse."
    +++++++++++++++
    Agreed.
    I think of Djs as artists!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    "The effects of Crack are similar to those of Cocaine, although since Crack is smoked, additional risks exist. General effects include constricted blood vessels and increased temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure, restlessness, irritability, anxiety, and with long term use, violence and paranoia are noted. Additional risks of smoking crack include respiratory problems such as shortness of breath, chest pains, lung trauma and bleeding. As with cocaine, crack is highly addictive. Evidence shows that when cocaine and crack are smoked (as opposed to other methods), there is increased risk of compulsive cocaine-seeking behavior."
    Ah Eric Claptons song Cocaine, a song that celebrates the qualities of cocaine!
    Plenty of songs about heroin, Lou Reed and Nick Cave spring to mind.
    Crack just isnt as seductive and it really fucks up your looks not to mention your fingernails!

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    I think of Djs as artists!
    Any drunk with 10 bucks and a jukebox in a bar can play music

atlantis Guest
    See, you have to keep in mind that those of us in recovery have to remain vigilant at all times, our disease wants us back and it's doing push ups right around the corner and just waiting...waiting to find an open window or door to slide back in. Xanax and things of that nature awaken that "high" feeling. It's like a bear that's sleeping and then smells food.."Oh, I remember that". Let's chase it and see if I can fill up again. Like I said, I can't even take cold medicine because the speedy feeling "turns me on". If you have an addictive personality, "you" have NO business playing around with mind altering substances. Make sense?
    Yes, it makes total sense. I like how you put it....that the disease is always around the corner doing push-ups...waiting to slide back in. BOY HOWDY is that right. Little fuckers...damn these addictions. Always looking for an in. And being loaded on Xanax is a perfect in.

That sux that you can't take cough meds but I understand. I have a friend like that. And when I say I have a friend, I swear it's not me. I have nothing to hide from any of you. This friend could be clean for months but if he scored a Xan...goodnight Irene. Now I understand why. Thanks!

Glad I could help.

KarmaKat Guest
    All I could think when I heard about AM's passing was "when your time is up its up. You cant cheat death." It was a miracle he survived that plane crash but was he suppose too? Is everyone watching Travis Barker closly now?

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    All I could think when I heard about AM's passing was "when your time is up its up. You cant cheat death." It was a miracle he survived that plane crash but was he suppose too? Is everyone watching Travis Barker closly now?

Not If I can help it!

KarmaKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Not If I can help it!
    Lol

bluebird14 Guest
    Not to change the subject, but didnt Patrick Swayze also cheat death quite a few times too?

I also believe that when its your time to go, its your time.

KarmaKat Guest
    Thats how I look at things and in my opinion he was never suppose to walk away from that plane

lisagr Guest
    TMZ is reporting the medical examiner has ruled his death accidental.

The M.E. said they found cocaine (crack or powder), OxyContin, Xanax, Vicodin, Ativan, Benadryl, Klonopin and Levamisole (a drug used to cute cocaine).

I'm sorry - but anyone taking a combo of all those drugs at once know's exactly what they are doing. They can call it accidental all they want, but I ain't buying it. He wasn't "drug stoopid" - he been around the block a few times - he knew what all of that at once would do. I feel sad for his family.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I'm sorry - but anyone taking a combo of all those drugs at once know's exactly what they are doing. They can call it accidental all they want, but I ain't buying it. He wasn't "drug stoopid" - he been around the block a few times - he knew what all of that at once would do. I feel sad for his family.
    That's exactly what I thought! Weren't there reports that he like, eight Oxycontin pills in his stomach and one still in his mouth? I don't know jack about Oxycontin but isn't ONE enough?
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by lisagr View Post
    TMZ is reporting the medical examiner has ruled his death accidental.

The M.E. said they found cocaine (crack or powder), OxyContin, Xanax, Vicodin, Ativan, Benadryl, Klonopin and Levamisole (a drug used to cute cocaine).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Bee1001 Guest
    With all those drugs in his system, it doesn't seem accidental. Especially if he was clean for so long, you'd think he knew what all those drugs would do to him all at once.

By the way, doesn't this seem reminiscent of River Phoenix to anyone else? Didn't he have a ton of drugs in his system when he died too?
    Last edited by Bee1001; 09-29-2009 at 01:01 PM.

bluebird14 Guest
    i find the ruiling of accidental death complete bullshit. He had been an addict for years and he knew that he could OD. How is any of that accidental?

atlantis Guest
    What the fuck? Accidental my ass. Didn't he barricade his bedroom door? No one, especially a former addict who had been clean for about a decade, takes that many different kinds of shit thinking, "yeah, I'm gonna get fucked up and party tonight". What would make the medical examiner rule it accidental when it was obviously otherwise?

Yep - I think I remember hearing something about him telling his doorman or whatever not to let anyone up - he didn't want to be disturbed. I say suicide, he knew what in the hell he was doing, he wasn't a freakin rookie. That along with the isolation kinda pins the tail on the donkey... Spade.
    My Posse's On Broadway

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

KarmaKat Guest
    That is a whole lotta drugs for one persons system.
    I dont buy the accidental theory either.

BAGOBONES Guest
    I think of a dj as an artist. They like music more than just coming on to a forum and saying "oh I like so and so".
    They take the music and put their own spin on it and usually are human encyclopedias when it comes to music.
    I think they are interesting people.
    Not too many people have survived deadly plane crashes. No telling what thoughts went through his mind after that.

I think it is cool he shared his talent and love for music with the world. He helped a lot more people than he hurt them I imagine.

cherryghost Guest
    Yes he was an artist and had that elusive thing called charisma that is lacking in so many entertainers these days! He was an entertainer also wasnt he!

KarmaKat Guest
    He was playing a pretty deadly game with his reality tv show though. I dont think many addicts could hold a crack pipe without relapsing. No matter how long thay had been clean.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGOBONES View Post
    I think of a dj as an artist. They like music more than just coming on to a forum and saying "oh I like so and so".
    They take the music and put their own spin on it and usually are human encyclopedias when it comes to music.
    I think they are interesting people.
    Not too many people have survived deadly plane crashes. No telling what thoughts went through his mind after that.

I think it is cool he shared his talent and love for music with the world. He helped a lot more people than he hurt them I imagine.
    I have to respectfully disagree, if I go out and buy a bunch of paintings and place them in a certain order on a wall, does that make me a artist as well? Its using someone else's art. Someone else's hard work. Anyone can learn to play records at a dance. Not everyone can write the music on those records.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree, if I go out and buy a bunch of paintings and place them in a certain order on a wall, does that make me a artist as well? Its using someone else's art. Someone else's hard work. Anyone can learn to play records at a dance. Not everyone can write the music on those records.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrchxm_BBU
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

You might as well include every housewife that scrapbooks at home as a pop artist then.

and anyone who has ever made a mix tape

You might as well include every housewife that scrapbooks at home as a pop artist then.
    Every statement ever made by any modern human in any language using a sound that can be reproduced by a human vocal cord infringes on the copyright of the first protohumanoids to make a sound by that argument. James Joyces writing is reduced to and has no more intrinsical value than a groan emited from the lungs of a sexually depraved orangutang prostitute.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Ha! Shes so sexy! Dig the crewcut!
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ony+prostitute
    Last edited by ichabodius; 10-05-2009 at 01:35 AM.

heck out 56 minutes in.
    Too cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    heck out 56 minutes in.
    Too cool!
    Total De La Soul 3 Feet High And Rising at 57 minutes!

bluebird14 Guest
    I'm very mad. i just saw his show, GONE TOO FAR, and its a shame! Does anyone know how long he was on the wagon before his death? Because thats just horrible that he is telling people to get sober when he is using.

This show could have helped sooo many people, and in the end he only got to try to help 8.

Maybe Travis Barker could take over? I dont know if he has ever used, but AM was his best friend, and I would think he would want to continue his legacy.