He has passed!
    RIP Mr. Dunne!
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/25/...bit/index.html
    Regards,
    Mary

Aylen Guest
    Aww... God speed.

Giada Guest
    Working til' near the end, insisting on covering OJ.

Safe Journey ... Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    He has passed!
    RIP Mr. Dunne!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Great tribute, Mary. Thanks.

RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Ms. K Guest
    God bless you, Mr. Dunne. We will miss you, but rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    He has passed!
    RIP Mr. Dunne!
    Regards,
    Mary
    RIP

May Dominique welcome you in Heaven with lovely angel arms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

And just as Farrah was over shadowed by Michael Jackson, Dominick will be over shadowed by Ted Kennedy. Crap.

Ms. Black Guest

Dominick Dunne

It's official. He has died.
    Last edited by Ms. Black; 08-26-2009 at 03:12 PM.

9. 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Oh, man, 2009 has really sucked!

Man, just heard this. RIP Dominick

Bake Guest
    ohhhh nooooo....

To bad that, like Farah, his death will get lost in the bigger story of Ted Kennedy. His life was so interesting.

Damn, who else is going to die? Rest in peace Mr.Dunne, you will be missed.

ChargerBill Guest
    RIP Mr. Dunne

Elizabeth Guest
    Dominick Dunne was a class act, and very knowledgeable about old Hollywood.....I will miss reading his stories.....

Northern Lights Guest
    RIP Dominick

RubySlippers Guest
    already a thread...

RubySlippers Guest
    already a thread...

Damn, he was one of my favorite authors too. I've read "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles", "An Inconvenient Woman", "People Like Us", and "A Season in Purgatory", not to mention the countless articles for Vanity Fair, and boy, did he teach me that maybe it WAS better to not be rich. He has given me more hope then he can ever realize - mainly because he didn't start his successful writing career until he was 50 years old - proving that a spiritual friend of mine said MAY be true afterall, and that is "Don't worry about time". Damn, I'm going to miss him. RIP Dominick

cherryghost Guest
    I really liked him too! I think it was his sense of justice, right and wrong while always admiting his own mistakes! He stayed relevent into old age which is an achievement in itself.
    He went after OJ and Phil in the belief that no one was above the law even a Hollywood Celebrity !
    Vanity Fair has big columns to fill!
    Rip Dominick!

cherryghost Guest
    A merge is gonnna come.

Meli Guest
    This is #2 today........ Im praying #3 doesn't come quickly, and it is not Patrick

RIP Mr Dunne!

I can't believe this! I misread the post, and thought it was about his daughter! I am really sad to see him go.

I think he had a good sense of humor about himself, though. After all, he had Andrew Cunanan kill him in a book he wrote.

I just looked it up. It was in "Another City, Not My Own."

hotmama Guest
    i just heard. wow this summer has been very eventful where death is concerned.. i loved dominick. i loved his show. thats messed up how that man killed his child. when i saw his name on tv one day i said he has to be the father of the girl from poltergeist. so i investigated and found he was. she was named after him and griffin was named after the mother.(her maiden name) i thought that was cute.. well he will be missed. R.I.P dominick...

Ms. Black Guest
    True, but I posted my thread first.

burgtwngrl Guest
    RIP Dominick I hope he's buried with his daughter

lane4 Guest
    You know how you just instantly like someone without knowing anything about them? I really liked this guy - I would of loved to of had dinner with him and just talk for hours.

Just the other day I dusted off my copy of "Another City.."

I'll miss him

octobersky Guest
    He was such a classy guy. He will be missed immensely by many people including all of us true crime lovers. He had a way of keeping his head up through all of the nastiness that he wrote about and saw.

I hope that his daughter and brother are greeting him as we speak and that it is a wonderful reunion.

Jaxxx Guest
    RIP Sweetie, I loveeeeeeed you!!!! I'll mourn you today, someone of class!

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    already a thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    already a thread...
    already a post. baw haw--sorry Rubes bubby! couldn't resist!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Nicki Guest
    What a Summer. Oh my gosh, how I am going to miss this man. He has been a favorite of mine forever! RIP Nick Dunne

Wow, it has be an interesting day, hasn't it?
    I really enjoyed the TV show he did for CourtTV (now TrueTV). And I loved reading his article in Vanity Fair.

RIP, and I hope that the reunion with your daughter is all that you have dreamed about...

Ok, on to other business....who is gonna be number 3??
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    You know how you just instantly like someone without knowing anything about them? I really liked this guy - I would of loved to of had dinner with him and just talk for hours.

I'll miss him

I have been a fan of his for many years. During the OJ trial he stayed at the Chateau Marmont and I so wanted to go there and try to meet him. Never had the nerve. Now I never will. My loss

Bee1001 Guest
    If there's a heaven, I bet he's hugging Dominique so tight right now

RIP.

Maruz83 Guest
    Oh man I loved him ! I have a bunch of his show's on my DVR

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I have been a fan of his for many years. During the OJ trial he stayed at the Chateau Marmont and I so wanted to go there and try to meet him. Never had the nerve. Now I never will. My loss
    I totally forgot that several years ago the ex and I drove from Huntington Beach to Book Soup in Hollywood (about an hour away) for a book signing Mr. Dunne was going to do for a Vanity Fair book. I was finally going to meet him! We get there and found out the book signing had been cancelled. I was crushed!

Here is an interesting article Dominick Dunne wrote about his family travails, one of my sources for the Quintana Roo thread. Coincidentally, he did die on the anniversary of this niece's death.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...03/dunne200403

Attached: a picture of Dominick and Ellen Griffin Dunne in happier days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EllenDominick.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	15686  

Another weird day. First Michael Jackson and Farrah, now Sen. Kennedy and Mr. Dunne.

RIP Mr. Dunne
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

trishsixxm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    Wow, it has be an interesting day, hasn't it?
    I really enjoyed the TV show he did for CourtTV (now TrueTV). And I loved reading his article in Vanity Fair.

RIP, and I hope that the reunion with your daughter is all that you have dreamed about...

Ok, on to other business....who is gonna be number 3??
    I loved that show too!!! But as sad as his passing is to us it's very comforting to know he's going home to his daughter.

SusanCarole Guest
    I heard about this as soon as it happened, but forgive me, I don't know how to start a thread. Can someone clue me in?

SusanCarole Guest
    It is so sad that Dominick and Ellen got divorced. A family just falls apart when a member is killed. I hope that Dominick and Dominique are in heaven hugging making up for all of the lost hugs and kisses of the past 27 years. God Bless and keep the Dunne family here on earth as they mourn the passing of one of theirs.

I also thought this was a thread for his daughter! How very tragic. I always enjoyed reading his articles as well.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post

I'll miss him

You both sound like the kind of Kindred Spirit I am.....I wish we had all known each other and joined in this adventure together. Nick Dunn would have totally enjoyed our company!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanCarole View Post
    It is so sad that Dominick and Ellen got divorced. A family just falls apart when a member is killed. I hope that Dominick and Dominique are in heaven hugging making up for all of the lost hugs and kisses of the past 27 years. God Bless and keep the Dunne family here on earth as they mourn the passing of one of theirs.
    So True.....loosing a child either brings the Parents closer together OR totally blows the relationship to smitherines. Thats what happen to some very good friends of mine when they lost their little boy to encephalitis. SO Sad.
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-26-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    One of my all time favorites. He was just a wonderful guy.

I will miss him.

RIP, Nick.

Sam Guest
    I would have loved to have known him. The stories that man could tell....

SusanCarole Guest
    I have only read one of his books "Another City". I loved it so much that I read it outloud to my husband. What a great book.

Impatience Guest
    2009 has been a big year in terms of celebrity/personality deaths. wow.

Impatience Guest

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    I know and I keep dreading who is next

Hippo Guest
    The image that sticks out in my mind from the O. J. Simpson trial was the expression on Dominick Dunne's face when the "not guilty" verdict was read.