Thread: Buffett Fans?

sutye Guest

Buffett Fans?

Hubby and I are going to our first Buffett concert in Wisconsin on Saturday! He surprised me with tickets for our 20th anniversary. A group of our friends go every year to tail gate and attend the concert. Any hags going?

You will have a blast! I LOVE Jimmy Buffett! I have seen him in concert many times, read a few of his books, and am a member of the local Parrot Head chapter! Just wear bright comfy clothes, don't be afraid to wear a grass skirt or coconut bra, and be prepared for A LOT of drinking! I wish I was going but I hope to see him later this fall. Have a great time! Fins up!
    Last edited by Colicky; 08-24-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

sutye Guest
    Great! I am so looking forward to it. Our friends always come back with great stories to share!

TallulahDahling Guest
    Awwww.....thought you said buffet

RubySlippers Guest
    no, sorry.

I have seen him in Vegas in concert three times and was hoping to do my fourth Vegas/Buffett extravaganza this fall but Jimmy had to cancel his annual Vegas back to back shows in October this year...apparently the recession is forcing him to scale back his touring due to lagging ticket sales.

Going to a Buffett concert is unlike any other entertainment you will ever experience...the party starts the very moment you get in your car or whatever mode of transport you take to the concert and goes on and on for hours! Plan to have as much fun as you have ever had as an adult...you won't soon forget the experience...for a 60+ year old...Jimmy sings and plays like a 30 year old!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I am not a fan but I do like some of his songs. And I had a swell time at Margaritaville at Universal Studios. LOL

GrinReaper Guest
    I think when you've heard one or two of his songs you've heard them all.
    Not enough variety for my taste.

To each their own, I guess. I find that his lyrics make me chuckle even after I have heard them many times...plus it is feel good music which helps transport me thousands of miles from the very remote place I live currently! Jimmy singing about tropical places and some of the fun adventures he has had has the effect of helping me forget, even for a few short moments, the day to day dreariness of life and reminds me to get out there and start living life for all it is worth.

I know he can't possibly be for everyone but make a sojourn to one concert and you can't help but feel a whole lot more supercharged about life.

pattykad Guest
    I'm a Buffet fan...I have much of his music. We did get spoiled though in
    that the first time we saw him, was a last minute decision years ago.
    We paid $12 each and it was outdoors...we sat on benches and were
    about 20 feet from him. I'll never see that type of Buffet concert
    again. But it's always a good time. I did read his one biography
    too.-- I did enjoy his writing style very much .

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I'm a Buffet fan...I have much of his music. We did get spoiled though in
    that the first time we saw him, was a last minute decision years ago.
    We paid $12 each and it was outdoors...we sat on benches and were
    about 20 feet from him. I'll never see that type of Buffet concert
    again. But it's always a good time. I did read his one biography
    too.-- I did enjoy his writing style very much .
    "A Pirate Looks at Fifty".....agreed! A very good autobiography...you can see how he worked his butt off for years and years, truly for the love of his craft. He only really started seeing significant success about 15-20 years ago but his dedicated "Phlock" of Parrothead fans have stuck with him for a great many more years than that!

I would love to see him in concert. The prices are ungodly high, though. From what I've heard and read, Buffett concerts are an experience to say the least.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

pistolpete Guest
    what's the appeal of JB? Not judging, just never seen his concerts

scott69 Guest

Smile

I went to one of his concerts about 10 years ago in Tampa, Fl. had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    what's the appeal of JB? Not judging, just never seen his concerts
    Pure, unadulterated escapism and fun! He sells the life of being on a tropical beach with all the party you would ever want in a location like that...even if it is only for a few hours. Never will you see such a broad range of ages at a concert where the oldest ones are acting the most like giddy kids!

I would love to participate in a live concert with fellow Parrot heads, but I wonder if I've missed my chance. Recently, I saw a pic of Jimmy Buffett in Jamaica. He looked emaciated. Now he's been hospitalized in Boston. Rumors about cancer are circulating and Buffett says "Not yet!" In other words, he is still alive.