Thread: Rod Price - Foghat

cachluv Guest

Rod Price - Foghat

Rod Price, guitarist for '70s blues-rock band Foghat, died after suffering a heart attack before falling down a flight of stairs in his New Hampshire home. He was 57 years old. Although Price left Foghat in 1981 after a decade with the band, he continued his music career, recording many blues albums and even giving private guitar lessons.

Best known for their song "Slow Ride" from their "Fool For The City Album" (who doesn't like that song!), in their heyday Foghat sold out concerts across America and earned several gold albums. Price was a member of the band from the very beginning, playing guitar on Foghat's self-titled debut, which was released in the summer of 1972.

Releasing six very successful albums between 1974 and 1978 (including 1975's "Fool For The City"), Foghat continued to bask in the spotlight until the '80s. They eventually disbanded in 1984, a few years after Price's departure, after attention started to wane. In 2000, Price released his very first solo album called "Open", featuring 10 tracks of emotional blues music, and his last called "West Four" in 2003.

Great band! "Third Time Lucky" is one of my favorites....

Kathyf Guest
    I used to like them in Highschool. I didn't know he died.

greekfrk Guest
    I saw Rod play with Foghat in 1997 - I think that article may be incorrect. It was the Summer Daze tour with BOC, Night Ranger, Pat Travers and whoever else.

i wish donna summer had done a version of slowride

I really liked Foghat. " I Have Got To Get To Know You" is still one of my favs.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Danny62 Guest
    "Slow ride" was my favorite from These Folks!

Again, I am losing my touch, didn't know he died!

Forever-27 Guest
    Ill be darned, I thought Lonesome Dave was the only one who we lost from the band.

jaylene Guest
    I was working midnights at a fuel desk in a truckstop
    in 1991 and they came in to get stuff to drink. I actually
    met them. They wanted some fresh coffee and I was shaking
    so bad I couldn't do it. I was so embarrassed. Unless someone
    was putting me on. It looked like them.