Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cursed Films and TV Shows?

attackatdawn Guest

Cursed Films and TV Shows?

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...23/story.jhtml

Have you heard of any other movies where accidents or strange things have happened?

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    COOL ARTICLE!! "midnight in the garden of good and evil", that was supposed to be a haunted set or something. i also heard that there was something spooky caught on tape during the filming of "glory".

magblax Guest
    I think so. I heard that a bunch of weird stuff happened on the set during the remake of Starsky & Hutch.

SlippyInvader Guest

Was Superman cursed?

Christopher Reeve's 1995 accident and death in 2004 revived rumors of the "Superman curse." George Reeves, television's Superman, died under mysterious circumstances on June 16, 1959. Rumors of his demise often claim that he jumped out a window believing he could fly. An Associated Press news report written that day tells a different story that still has a ring of unreality. Reeves' fiancee, Lenore Lemmon, told police that two guests awakened the couple in the middle of the night. After arguing with one of the visitors, Reeves apologized and headed back to bed. According to the story: when Reeves left the room, Lemmon "jokingly remarked, "Well, he'll probably shoot himself.' A drawer was heard to open and she said she remarked, "Well, he's getting a gun.' Then a shot was heard. Reeves had killed himself with a bullet in the temple." Many people believe that Reeves was murdered, possibly because of his romantic involvement with Toni Mannix, the wife of MGM executive Eddie Mannix, who was believed to have Mafia ties. Other misfortunes include:

â?¢ Mental illness of Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane with Reeve.
    â?¢ Multiple sclerosis, which killed Richard Pryor, who appeared in "Superman III."

While both George Reeves and Christopher Reeve died untimely deaths, other actors who have played Superman lived long lives. In 2005, Kidder, who ought to know, told the Guardian newspaper, "With any group of people in life, sad things happen, and crazy things, and happy things.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Christopher Reeve's 1995 accident and death in 2004 revived rumors of the "Superman curse." George Reeves, television's Superman, died under mysterious circumstances on June 16, 1959. Rumors of his demise often claim that he jumped out a window believing he could fly. An Associated Press news report written that day tells a different story that still has a ring of unreality. Reeves' fiancee, Lenore Lemmon, told police that two guests awakened the couple in the middle of the night. After arguing with one of the visitors, Reeves apologized and headed back to bed. According to the story: when Reeves left the room, Lemmon "jokingly remarked, "Well, he'll probably shoot himself.' A drawer was heard to open and she said she remarked, "Well, he's getting a gun.' Then a shot was heard. Reeves had killed himself with a bullet in the temple." Many people believe that Reeves was murdered, possibly because of his romantic involvement with Toni Mannix, the wife of MGM executive Eddie Mannix, who was believed to have Mafia ties. Other misfortunes include:

â?¢ Mental illness of Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane with Reeve.
    â?¢ Multiple sclerosis, which killed Richard Pryor, who appeared in "Superman III."

While both George Reeves and Christopher Reeve died untimely deaths, other actors who have played Superman lived long lives. In 2005, Kidder, who ought to know, told the Guardian newspaper, "With any group of people in life, sad things happen, and crazy things, and happy things.

JGrier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I think so. I heard that a bunch of weird stuff happened on the set during the remake of Starsky & Hutch.
    Nah, that was just the last shreads of Ben Stiller's credability trying to escape.

07outlawgt Guest
    I don't believe there is a curse....I believe George Reeves was murdered...also look at Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty and Marlon Brando they were sucessfull after the movie. Ok Brando was always kinda weird too me but you could say that his personal life was kinda messed up with his kids.

No

JGrier Guest
    WOW, did I kill this thread or what? Maybe Scott should do a story about it or something

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post
    WOW, did I kill this thread or what? Maybe Scott should do a story about it or something

dont feel bad, they refer to me as the " thread serial killer"!

knothere Guest
    The Grand Theatre in London Ontario Canada is haunted by its long ago former owner Ambros Small. He sold it for a cool 1.75 mill n poof couple hours later he dissapeared.
    Theres one wall in the theatre they didn't take down during renovations. I belive his remains are in it. Good luk in gettin that wall down now. But his ghost has been seen by everyone everywhere in the Grand.

Daphne Guest
    Well, I have heard of the 'poltergeist' curse...Heather O'Rourke, Dominique Dunne.. anyone else heard of this theory??

Bring_Out_Yer_Dead Guest
    LOL...Priceless comment!

Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post
    Nah, that was just the last shreads of Ben Stiller's credability trying to escape.

RoRo Guest
    I tend to agree with Margot Kidder any group of people can have this happen..look at the Kennedys, I mean really if they were cursed wouldn't it get Old Teddy? WAIT maybe Teddy IS the curse lol

VegasVic Guest
    Yes... Superman (and the rest of us) was cursed with Superman III and IV.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest

Television and film sets that are cursed or haunted?

This story got my attention because just last weekend I was having a conversation with a friend of mine that works on the Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood. He was telling me that they are not just legends about the famous old studios being haunted, that it really is. He said that he hears about all kinds of ghost stories and odd occurrences working there. I told him that I'm sure the fact that they share a wall directly with the most famous cemetery in Hollywood had a little something to do with it.

Well, they film the Dr.Phil show at Paramount....

"Dr.Phil" Set Cursed?

A string of bad luck -- including two deaths -- has the staff at the "Dr. Phil" show wondering if their set is cursed.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ in the last few months two employees of the show have passed away and two others suffered medical emergencies. We're told one staffer recently died of cancer, while a young intern who had strep throat was dead by the end of the week. Our sources also tell us the wife of an editor recently suffered a family tragedy, while a producer suffered a concussion and a broken arm while on the Paramount Studios set of the daytime talk show.

Our sources say Phil and other execs have been trying to retool the show for the new upcoming season and that has some staffers feeling the bad luck may be a sign they should leave well enough alone. We're told Phil held a staff meeting this past Friday where he addressed the recent sad turn of events and attempted to boost the crew's morale.

A rep for the "Dr. Phil" show was not immediately reached.
    Last edited by D3LIVIÃ?N; 09-02-2008 at 04:18 PM.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    This made me think, what other television or film sets have had supposed curses or known ghostly activity? The only one I can think of right away would be the Poltergeist movies.

Last December a tour bus bringing members of the studio audience to the Dr. Phil show crashed into a church just off the freeway entrance there by the studios...hmmmmm???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Very interesting!

Sam Guest
    Oprah did it!!!!!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    This story got my attention because just last weekend I was having a conversation with a friend of mine that works on the Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood. He was telling me that they are not just legends about the famous old studios being haunted, that it really is. He said that he hears about all kinds of ghost stories and odd occurrences working there. I told him that I'm sure the fact that they share a wall directly with the most famous cemetery in Hollywood had a little something to do with it.

Well, they film the Dr.Phil show at Paramount....

"Dr.Phil" Set Cursed?

A string of bad luck -- including two deaths -- has the staff at the "Dr. Phil" show wondering if their set is cursed.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ in the last few months two employees of the show have passed away and two others suffered medical emergencies. We're told one staffer recently died of cancer, while a young intern who had strep throat was dead by the end of the week. Our sources also tell us the wife of an editor recently suffered a family tragedy, while a producer suffered a concussion and a broken arm while on the Paramount Studios set of the daytime talk show.

Our sources say Phil and other execs have been trying to retool the show for the new upcoming season and that has some staffers feeling the bad luck may be a sign they should leave well enough alone. We're told Phil held a staff meeting this past Friday where he addressed the recent sad turn of events and attempted to boost the crew's morale.

A rep for the "Dr. Phil" show was not immediately reached.
    OHHHHHH, please get your friend to share his stories!!!!! I want to hear them so badly. I love those stories. What dead movies stars are haunting the place and how? Oh please get him to spill his guts

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I've heard the Exorcist set was cursed. Ellen Burstyn had some crazy stuff happen to her. I can't remember now, will have to look it up

Supposedly The Crow was cursed. There's a saying in Hollywood that every movie is an entity unto itself--a living character--and that some movies do not want to be made, and The Crow did not want to be made, baby. Interesting, but I don't buy it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

hoxharding Guest
    There is a really good book titled 'Hollywood Hex' by Mikita Brottman that is all about 'cursed' sets and films.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    oooo, thanks hox, I didn't know about that book, will try and find it.

hoxharding Guest
    =)
    Your welcome!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I've heard the Exorcist set was cursed. Ellen Burstyn had some crazy stuff happen to her. I can't remember now, will have to look it up
    If I remember, she had an arm broken when that giant chest moved across the floor to crush her in her daughter's bedroom. I think though (and according to Burstyn too), that was more William Friedkin's assholishness than anything supernatural...he wanted realism, at the expense of everything, including the safety of his actors.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Oh, thanks for that Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    If I remember, she had an arm broken when that giant chest moved across the floor to crush her in her daughter's bedroom. I think though (and according to Burstyn too), that was more William Friedkin's assholishness than anything supernatural...he wanted realism, at the expense of everything, including the safety of his actors.
    I read her biography and she mentioned something also with wrenching her back out during the movie?

Seagorath Guest
    Poltergeist was obviously cursed...and I think the Twilight Zone Movie was cursed also. Television shows?...Different Strokes was cursed.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Ok, I just got off a site about cursed sets. I'm sorry I don't know how to link it here but it was http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...20061023/story

Here are a couple that I remember - Omen remake
    Director John Moore attributed 2 days of ruined footage to supernatural occurences, telling reporters that a malfuncting remote control kept registering "Error 666", a message that repairmen insisted did not exist.

Amityville remake
    A dead fisherman's body washed up on the shore set.
    George Lutz dropped dead 4 weeks before the movie's premiere.
    Real life deaths surrounded the shoot, to the fact that Ryan Reynolds kept waking up in the middle of the night at the same time as the character did (3:15am).

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Ok, I just got off a site about cursed sets. I'm sorry I don't know how to link it here but it was www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1543832/20061023/story

Here are a couple that I remember - Omen remake
    Director John Moore attributed 2 days of ruined footage to supernatural occurences, telling reporters that a malfuncting remote control kept registering "Error 666", a message that repairmen insisted did not exist.
    OMGawd!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Here's a great article about move set curses.
    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...23/story.jhtml
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm pretty sure that Universal Studios is cursed. They have had several devastating fire's in their back lot over the years.

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/backlot/fires.shtml
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I would love to hear stories from people who work at these studios - Universal, Paramount, Fox etc.
    I bet they have quite a few ghost stories and weird strange happenings to reveal.
    Anyone here work at a movie studio??

ShatteredMirror Guest
    No ghost activity (I think) but two cursed films spring to mind:

The Dark Knight - Ledger dead, Morgan Freeman in a bad car crash and Christian Bale on 'assault' charges (though later and properly dropped).

Rebel Without A Cause - spookily, all three leads met premature, unexpected and horrible ends. James Dean died in a car crash, Natalie Wood drowned and Sal Mineo was murdered........

On that show, Ghost Hunters they checked out an old studio in LA that was haunted. It was where they did the Muppets shows? It used to be used for Charlie Chaplin.

They caught a ghost on camera there...

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    On that show, Ghost Hunters they checked out an old studio in LA that was haunted. It was where they did the Muppets shows? It used to be used for Charlie Chaplin.

I have always wanted to go in there but never had the chance to. I wonder if that Ghost Hunters episodeis on youtube? the Jay/Sharon Tate one was.

Last edited by D3LIVIÃ?N; 09-04-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Interesting fact. That studio was at one time home to A & M Records, Herb Alpert's company. That's where they taped "We Are The World".
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beatlebaby4 Guest

It's the Jim Hensen Studios. I'm sure it's on Youtube
    I have it here at home as I buy the series. It's on Season 3 and it's on the disk as the Manson Murders

ajlposh Guest
    I think its crap

ratkin638 Guest
    You left our part of the Curse: Brandon Routh's career died after "Superman Returns."

MorbidMolly Guest
    Yeah...he was cursed with Lois Lane instead of a hottie

Fluffy-54 Guest
    Dean Cain is still doing okay, isn't he?

GrinReaper Guest
    Shit happens

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    Yes... Superman (and the rest of us) was cursed with Superman III and IV.
    How did I miss this.......LMAOOOOOOOO

I have never ever ever ever ever watched Superman

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I have never ever ever ever ever watched Superman

Hours of your life that were spent on better things, I can assure you

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Hours of your life that were spent on better things, I can assure you
    Well good, then I don't feel so bad

***Off to watch Hanna Montana

burgtwngrl Guest
    After all I've heard I kind of think the character and all who played him over the years is cursed. I'm glad my son likes spider-man!