Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19262728293037 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 3442

Thread: Michael Jackson 2

Hippo Guest
    If Lisa has the picture of the right grave, it's beautiful and very fitting for Michael.

Desertrose Guest
    It really is very beautiful there. I am confused about being allowed in there, is it open or closed to the public?

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I have chronic insomnia so I know that's it's frustrating. I didn't sleep hardly at all Thursday night but thankfully I got 8 hours last night. I have taken sleep aids since I was 13 years old. I can't sleep without them but Ambien CR does the trick for me. I know that when I have back pain real bad with my arthritis and I take a pain pill (opiate) it makes me drowsy but it gives me broken sleep so I try not to take them very often so yes if Michael had a opiate addiction that is probably why he couldn't sleep. How awiful.

I saw that he also had Versed in his system. When My father was dying at the end they gave him Versed to put him in a "drug induced coma" and it worked. I can't imagine using Versed and NOT falling asleep. They gave me Versed when I had my gallbladder out as anesthesia. and when I had my Carpal Tunnel Surgery. I don't remember a thing!

How bad off he was and no one said anything.

I like ambien, too--I don't have the cr, but the other. Does it make you do things you don't remember? Once I even drove my car, and my doctor was pretty concerned about it, as I was to say the least! Generally I don't drive at night, so it isn't like something I am likely to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    he didnt need meth. he was loaded (in more ways than one.) He could afford pure ephedrine. Yes, if it was meth, it would show, if it was cold medicine it would show. them just saying he had just ephedrine in his system tells me that he was taking the pure drug. Meth cooks use the cold medicines to extract the pure ephedrine from the pills to make meth. It seems MJ was taking pure ephedrine. Why would some who claimed to be devoured by sleep deprivation be taking a upper like ephedrine? Maybe because the insomnia story was bullshit. Maybe he was a simple drug addict.

Of course he was a drug addict read his autopsy report. but there are just too many people that think he could do no wrong. He was tortured misunderstood ect ect they will make every excuse in the book for this man. The fact is an Icon is dead due to his stupidity there will be no more great music no more nothing and thats the ultimate shit on to his fans as far as I am concerned and I am not even a fan but I did like some of his music though. But you cant mess with Jesus Christ reincarnated on earth there will be hell to pay if you do

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzadouglas View Post
    There is a bit in this piece that gives a rough idea how much it might cost for MJs mausoleum spot
    http://lisaburks.typepad.com/gravehu...l-jackson.html
    So I wonder what other famous Entertainers he is resting right next to in this particular section of the mausoleum......Is he in a private room by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth32 View Post
    Of course he was a drug addict read his autopsy report. but there are just too many people that think he could do no wrong. He was tortured misunderstood ect ect they will make every excuse in the book for this man. The fact is an Icon is dead due to his stupidity there will be no more great music no more nothing and thats the ultimate shit on to his fans as far as I am concerned and I am not even a fan but I did like some of his music though. But you cant mess with Jesus Christ reincarnated on earth there will be hell to pay if you do

Jesus Christ reincarnated on Earth? I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the connection but....if it's what I'm thinking....I definitely do not agree with that statement...Michael was only human who had his faults (like we all do) - and the same can be said for Elvis.

Elvis wasn't God, either, as much as his fans want to believe. He never put himself above Jesus Christ (and I don't say all of this to offend the non-believers here but - to see certain celebrities such as Michael get compared to Jesus is just not right - it's idolatry).

*steps off soapbox*
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Hippo Guest
    To Nicki:

No, he's not in a room by himself, he's at the end of a hall. This is assuming that Lisa found the correct picture.

Bake Guest
    I can't find Lisa's picture!! But I did read the Diane Dimond story..eeerie. Scott, you were awesome on CNN...loved the chuckle over the crypt keeper remark!!
    I tried to stay up to watch the funeral. But I had to get up for work the next day, and being in the east, it got really late and they hadn't started. I was glad I didn't stay up.
    Forgive me, but c'mon people. They left poor Dame Elizabeth sitting in 90 degree heat for over 2 hours waiting for the service just to start?? That to me was ncalled for.
    I do feel for Mrs. Jackson, she was so torn up that night, so put her son finally to rest.

Hippo Guest
    I thought that was terrible, leaving Liz Taylor out in that heat for two hours.

I live in Southern California, and I am right near the beach, and the heat was STILL unbearable that evening. Glendale would have been 10 to 20 degrees hotter. Not to mention poor air quality from the fires.

Giada Guest
    I'm familiar with the valley. My home town is Santa Clarita. It would have been miserable in the late afternoon. The valley is rarely free of smog. Odd this was not held indoors, eg, like funeral number one.

Desertrose Guest
    I thought it was rude of the family to keep their guests and employees of Forest Lawn waiting that long in the heat. The Jacksons are so self absorbed sometimes. And it seems they could have done this entombment much sooner than 70 days. More than anything, I am sad the children had to go through twice - seeing their dad's casket in June and then again in September. It was just ridiculous.

Giada Guest
    The Audigier purchase of Sycamore Valley Ranch as having been sold is touted as a viral rumor.

Tom Barrack, Sycamore LLC stating, no plans for marketing or sale of the property until next year.

desertangel Guest
    There's at least a couple different stories of a recent spangled glove auction sale in the multi-thousands, too. Sigh... do you suppose this time next year we'll still be hearing about this garbage-ola? I guess probably so, if the Jackson family has anything to do with it. Gawd, it's Hendrix all over again. Do they have an official logo yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    I thought it was rude of the family to keep their guests and employees of Forest Lawn waiting that long in the heat. The Jacksons are so self absorbed sometimes. And it seems they could have done this entombment much sooner than 70 days. More than anything, I am sad the children had to go through twice - seeing their dad's casket in June and then again in September. It was just ridiculous.
    I felt the same way, why the delay, although I did notice that many of the chairs were empty at the scheduled starting time so perhaps they were waiting for all of the invited guests to arrive. And I was worried, that after waiting 70 days, what if the kids wanted to "see" their father one more time...I am sure he looked fine but I don't think that would have been a good idea. How do you say, well, we shouldn't look anymore because....would be hard to understand for Blanket for sure.

Cadence71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    Maybe he owed her money. Maybe she didn't want the kids. She's no spring chicken either.
    LOL True dat!

jarrett622 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post
    It will definitely be in that price category, on the website of Forest Lawn there are no indications of the cost of a crypt in the Great Mausoleum. But they have for example this "landmark property" for sale :

"Offered at $825,000, plus endowment care, it's a tribute for perpetuity. "

That strikes me as just nuts. Anyone else? Man I could buy several houses for that amount in my part of the country. And this is just a measly few sq ft in reality.

bluebird14 Guest
    anyone know how much his glove sold for?

$48,400

Wonder which family members are planning on using the extra tombs when their time comes, hope its not Joe!

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I felt the same way, why the delay, although I did notice that many of the chairs were empty at the scheduled starting time so perhaps they were waiting for all of the invited guests to arrive. And I was worried, that after waiting 70 days, what if the kids wanted to "see" their father one more time...I am sure he looked fine but I don't think that would have been a good idea. How do you say, well, we shouldn't look anymore because....would be hard to understand for Blanket for sure.
    Lets not forget all the plastic surgery...one has to wonder if his face still looked good..

ChargerBill Guest

Did Mexico beat it? Fans go for 'Thriller' record

MEXICO CITY (AP) â?? They say they beat it.

Thousands of Mexicans claimed they broke the record for most people dancing to "Thriller" simultaneously in one place on Saturday, which would have been Michael Jackson's 51st birthday.

"We did it!" organizer Javier Hildago shouted to thousands of people wearing black fedoras, white gloves, aviator shades and ghoulish face paint, breathless after trying to recreate the groundbreaking 1983 video.

Did they? The Guinness Book of World Records will decide in a week.

The current record was set in May by a group of 242 College of William & Mary students who performed the routine in Williamsburg, Virginia, according to Guinness.

Hildago claimed 12,937 people danced Saturday in front of Mexico City's Monument of the Revolution, led by a Michael Jackson impersonator wearing a red-and-gold sequined jacket.

But Guinness must certify whether all those people really performed the entire, intricate routine. The impersonator, who goes by the name Hector Jackson, and most of those in front of a huge crowd of onlookers certainly looked pretty good.

"More people responded than we even imagined!" Hector Jackson said. "Mexico gave the best tribute in the world to Michael Jackson."

Some of those who took part were born more than two decades after "Thriller" was released.

Guillermo Rodriguez, 2, wore a wig of dreadlocks, a black fedora and a white glove as he practiced the moves minutes before the event, holding up a cellphone that blared a recording of the song into his ear.

His father, Guillermo Rodriguez Sr., is not a huge fan himself. But he said his son has become mesmerized by the Jackson videos that Mexican television have often played since the pop icon died June 25.

"Michael Jack!" the toddler screeched, pointing a chubby, un-gloved finger at a Jackson T-shirt held up by a nearby hawker.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...thriller_N.htm

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRYs8kyHww

Shazzadouglas Guest
    I found an interesting article on Michael`s funeral, the Jackson family and Forest Lawn in general
    http://www.cemeteryguide.com/latestnews.html
    Last edited by Shazzadouglas; 09-07-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Missed a bit out

Does anyone now if the guards at Forest lawn carry weapons? I think they may need them. I get the feeling they are going to have their hands full. Who knows, someone might try to steal his nose or something. Speaking of fake noses, I wonder who had a plastic nose first? MJ or Humpty Hump?

Desertrose Guest
    Thanks Shazz. Wow, that was an interesting article. Forest Lawn looks amazing and inviting, (to walk around). The history there is fascinating. Too bad they keep it locked up and make visitors feel like criminals.

Desertrose Guest
    Was Michael buried with his nose?

There are conflicting reports about Michael's nose. Some (Geraldo, Rolling Stone) say that he had a prosthetic nose. Others (Karen Faye, makeup artist, Dr. Klein) deny that story.

He appeared to have a nose in the ambulance picture.

Hopefully, the autopsy, when released, will address the condition of his nose and put an end to the speculation about this issue.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post

Video:
    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,1091242.story

FALLBROOK-- The owner of a North County gym believes that the King of Pop made a final appearance on the day he was laid to rest.

Thursday, Erica Williams draped a rug on a railing so she could sweep under it.

On the underside of the rug is a stain that she says looks strikingly like Michael Jackson after all of his plastic surgery. Williams, who is a personal trainer, said her clients noticed the resemblance first.

"My clients were out here doing some exercises, and they're like 'Oh my God! Look at that rug!' I'm like, 'What rug? What are you talking about?'," Williams said.

"They're like, 'It looks like Michael Jackson!'"

Fox 5 showed a photo of the rug stain to several people. One said it looked like a naked woman.

Another said it looked like a surfer. But when a photo of Michael Jackson was shown to them, both people said they definitely saw the resemblance.

That's good enough for Williams. Now, when she looks at the stain, she sees dollar signs.

"I think we're going to eBay," she said.

She'll be setting the starting bid at $1,000.
    ...looks more like Bubbles to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    ...looks more like Bubbles to me!
    ((Snort))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Katie Guest
    It's not. As far as I know, bubbles didn't do drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    It's not. As far as I know, bubbles didn't do drugs.
    He's still alive, anyway, last I heard. These dead celebs, Mary and Jesus seen in the clouds, cliffs, toast always make me snicker.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    He's still alive, anyway, last I heard. These dead celebs, Mary and Jesus seen in the clouds, cliffs, toast always make me snicker.
    The image in the carpet makes me think of Cliff Clavin seeing the faces of presidents on the potatoes in his garden or pantry.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    The image in the carpet makes me think of Cliff Clavin seeing the faces of presidents on the potatoes in his garden or pantry.
    Mr. Potato Head Presidents. Oy Vey.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I saw on TV before the memorial that Diana Ross was a "no show" because the Jackson family was mad at her because Michael named a non family member as the person he wanted to raise his children in his will. There's no telling what those blood sucking, money hungry, publicity seeking, washed up, has been, Jacksons have said to her behind the scenes.

Ahhhh - Screw that!! She shoulda showed up for THAT very reason! All those Jealous broke ass haters are being assholes even after his death!! With the exception of Janet, that is pretty much why he didn't want anything to do with any of the leeches!

It makes me feel better hearing that about Diana now though. I was thinking she was hiding because she did not want anything to do with the kids. MJ loved her and she loved him, I can't believe that his selfish ass family kept her away.... Well,,, sorry guess I can....
    My Posse's On Broadway

thinkering Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Does anyone now if the guards at Forest lawn carry weapons? I think they may need them. I get the feeling they are going to have their hands full. Who knows, someone might try to steal his nose or something. Speaking of fake noses, I wonder who had a plastic nose first? MJ or Humpty Hump?
    I read someplace that the gold casket he's in will be covered in cement.
    It just baffles me that anyone would want a piece of corpse. Yuckers.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    I read someplace that the gold casket he's in will be covered in cement.
    It just baffles me that anyone would want a piece of corpse. Yuckers.
    Thing is it's MJ, so as long as you go for the face, it'll NEVER decompose, or bio degrade!!!!

Hippo Guest
    This is to Shejay:

I am thinking this is also the reason that Debbie Rowe didn't attend. I heard Joe make a remark one day, I think it was right after Michael died, and he was at a red carpet event promoting something, and he said something like, "Debbie doesn't have anything to do with anything." I'm paraphrasing, but it was close to that.

I think that Debbie does care about those kids, but the Jacksons have treated her like crap, and the only thing she can do is stay away and pretend it doesn't bother her.

thinkering Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Thing is it's MJ, so as long as you go for the face, it'll NEVER decompose, or bio degrade!!!!
    Heh, I get the joke but didn't it more look like his face was already decomposing?

If that is a prosthetic nose that Michael wore, he picked a really nasty, rotten looking one!

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    Heh, I get the joke but didn't it more look like his face was already decomposing?

*shivers*

Look at those eyes! Higher than a freakin kite.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    This is to Shejay:

I am thinking this is also the reason that Debbie Rowe didn't attend. I heard Joe make a remark one day, I think it was right after Michael died, and he was at a red carpet event promoting something, and he said something like, "Debbie doesn't have anything to do with anything." I'm paraphrasing, but it was close to that.

I think that Debbie does care about those kids, but the Jacksons have treated her like crap, and the only thing she can do is stay away and pretend it doesn't bother her.

I don't think a woman who pops out kids for a known drug addict and walks away knowing what kind of freakish life they are going to have gives a crap about said kids. In my opinion, the only reason she went to court to get visitation or whatever was as a leverage for more money. Did she ever go visit the kids, Noooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    *shivers*

Look at those eyes! Higher than a freakin kite.
    His eyes looked as if they were made of enormous pupils. Damn! To have all that talent and throw it away with multiple addictions. That was one scary pic.

Giada Guest
    This is to Shejay:

The Jackson's treat everyone like crap, even each other ... This is the poster family for dysfunction.

I'm pleased these kids have a mom who is paying, "50% of their therapy, and has visitation rights." They at least have a chance to see something outside of this closeted, cloistered family.

These kids would be on tour with Jermaine and would not have a guardian ad litem if it wasn't for a judge who, "placed the children first."

If it looks like a family of ducks ....

bluebird14 Guest
    I was hoping that the kids would be put in that fancy private school, so that the kids could have a life besides being just "MJs kids". Nope, those kids are going to be homeschooled and kept in isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    I was hoping that the kids would be put in that fancy private school, so that the kids could have a life besides being just "MJs kids". Nope, those kids are going to be homeschooled and kept in isolation.
    Those babies have had to deal with tremendous changes in their lives the last couple of months. I think that providing as much continuity as possible is important right now. If that means continuing to provide the same tutors and homeschooling atmosphere as before, I don't see it as a bad thing. I think it would have been far worse to have thrust them into another unfamiliar environment so quickly. Those kids need some time to heal in a loving, caring, insulated environment.

This is to Shejay:

Thanks for Debbie Rowe info, but I was talking about Diana Ross - why hasn't "she" shown her face in all this, that is weird to me.

As far as Debbie Rowe, I don't know how to go with this woman. I think she was invited to "something" by the family, but I don't remember what it was. To be honest MJ's kids know her just about as much as they knew MJ's family. With the exception of maybe Janet, they didn't hang out and have Sunday dinners with eachother, they never had a normal life, their lives were surrounded by MJ and nothing else. Anything and everyone around them now is new and will never be the same.

One thing I do know is that those kids should be kept as FAR AWAY from JoChola as possible!!! Katherine could not protect her own children growing up - she let Joe control her and everything about her, what is gonna make it different now, especially has an 70/80 year old woman!

I do respect the fact that that Debbie Rowe stood up against them being around JoChola, but I really don't think anyone is going to enforce that.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Debbie Rowe was on the guest list for the Forest Lawn funeral...but did not attend.

Will the This Is It movie be released on DVD, or only in theaters? Does anybody know?

I don't know. They've said that it will only be in theaters for a limited 2-week run. I think a DVD release would make the most sense. I can't imagine them NOT releasing it.

Nicki Guest
    Did anyone watch 20/20 last night with LaToya. I love to hear your comments. My gut says that woman is full of more bolognie then Oscar Meyer!

Perdi Guest
    Now what's the best way to say this???

LaToya has an interesting perception of events....yeah...that's about as diplomatic as I can be. An interesting perception.