Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mary Jo Kopechne

scott69 Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    He actually did tell two people at the party - one being an attorney. So he did say something. He wasn't the only one negligent in calling authorities.
    So that makes it ok?! He didn't go to the police until AFTER her body was found.....
    And why didn't he call for help? Oh I forgot he told 2 of his "buddies" so he didn't have to act responsible huh?
    Last edited by scott69; 08-26-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    After the car went into the water, the SOB went back to where the party had been held and passed 4 goddamn houses en route. He could have sounded the alrm immediately but did not. All four of those houses had telephones and were occupied !

When he got to the house that had been rented for the party TED took aside his cousin and another and told them what had occurred. All of the women still present had no idea that there had been an accident and were not told about MARY JO. He tried to get his cousin GARGAN to take the blame and say that he'd been driving.

Three of the men including TURD, I mean TED and GARGAN allegedly tried to dive down to the car but were unsuccessful. GARGAN claimed that TED said that he'd notify the authorities.

Since it was too late to take the ferry over, TED swam across the channel to get back to his hotel.

Once back in the hotel, and back up in his warm bed he purposely called the desk at 2:30 in the morning to complain about a loud party going on in a room down the hall so that he could have an alibi for his whereabouts at that hour of the night & claim that he'd been there when the accident had occurred. The SOB spent most of the night trying to figure out how to get himself out of his mess.

It wasn't until after 10 the following morning that he acknowledged the asccident !

Shock and injury- bullshit; that sack of shit' first concern was to cover his own fat drunken ass !

(ST.) PATTY'S P-I-G
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

GrinReaper Guest
    If anyone is interested or needed to know how to pronounce, like I did, here ya go: Kopechne, Mary Jo (kō-PEK-nē)

I would not wish death and hell on anyone, not even my worst foe. It's enough for me that you pay for everything you do.

RIP Mary Jo
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Elizabeth Guest
    RIP Mary Jo.....

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post

This is time stamped at 11:20pm on the night of the acident.... does this mean he did report the accident the night of the accident?

RubySlippers Guest
    no...it is when he said the accident took place, probably.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    no...it is when he said the accident took place, probably.

ahhhhhh gotcha... cause I think now adays they put both dates and time on there, so I was curious and confused (my normal state of mind)

I wondered if her parents were dead. I guess they are:

Last edited by cash; 08-26-2009 at 04:28 PM.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scott69 View Post
    So that makes it ok?! He didn't go to the police until AFTER her body was found.....
    And why didn't he call for help? Oh I forgot he told 2 of his "buddies" so he didn't have to act responsible huh?
    I did not say that I condone what he did. I made a simple statement of fact based on what you had stated earlier being false.

Anyone know where I can find a copy of Black Water? Did a search and only came up with the audio cassette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a copy of Black Water? Did a search and only came up with the audio cassette.
    Make sure it is the right Black Water book vs Blackwater which was a best seller about the security firm.
    Regards,
    Mary

Lisamarie Guest
    did they ever find any death pic of her?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Good ol' Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Water-Co...1416446&sr=1-1

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41JB0PFPF0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	15698  

GODDESS6 Guest
    RIP maryjo, you were the first person i thought of when hearing of ole drunken teddy's demise~

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post

Thanks love. For some reason when I went there all I could pull up with the audio version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Love It -
    I second that question!
    My Posse's On Broadway

c l p Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Six View Post
    I used to see bumper stickers that stated: Ted Kennedys Oldsmobile has killed more people than my registered firearm. I have always thought that Ted was and is a dick....poor Mary Jo

kennedys also kill more people than smoaking

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Found a tiny pic of her bodybag:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mary-Jo-Kopechne-body-300x183.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	47499
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ichabodius; 07-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

It's no wonder Joan became an alcoholic, I can just imagine the drunken fights the two of them had over that.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It's no wonder Joan became an alcoholic, I can just imagine the drunken fights the two of them had over that.
    I agree. But she was probably one of many. He is scum of the earth. He let that poor woman drown. UGH.

Bunratty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    Whats REALLY interesting is that a autopsy was not done on her. It was revealed that MJ was awake in the car at the bottom of the lake until it ran out of air and Kennedy did NOTHING to save her!! Then what happened to Teddy? He got his license revoked for 6 months and went on TV and talked about the Kennedy curse. His wife was so stressed out she had a miscarriage.
    I recall reading somewhere that the Kopechnes were approached by a cardinal who told them that God would not want to have an autopsy done

Wonder who would have that much clout with the Church?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunratty View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that the Kopechnes were approached by a cardinal who told them that God would not want to have an autopsy done

Wonder who would have that much clout with the Church?

Let me take a guess: The Kennedy's! I am fascinated by the entire family. But Ted is by far my least favorite simply because of Ms. Kopechne.

Given that the Kopechnes had no other children, who might have needed protection from Kennedy threats, one wonders why they accepted whatever hush money or whatever incentives came their way. Who would really fear anything after losing their only child, even death itself? Nieces and nephews, perhaps... But I still think they were threatened with spreading dirt about MaryJo from her exciting years in that brownstone / brothel and ruining her reputation postmortem, and that WOULD have been unbearable to them... Even years later when the Internets spread and people were spilling all manner of secrets thereby, and doubtless, some tabloid would have jumped for joy (and paid huge $$$) to get an exclusive interview/ expose from them.

murdered 45 years ago today.

Wow, so many threads popping up with anniversaries. This case still blows my mind. The perks of being a Kennedy.

RIP Mary Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    After the car went into the water, the SOB went back to where the party had been held and passed 4 goddamn houses en route. He could have sounded the alrm immediately but did not. All four of those houses had telephones and were occupied !

When he got to the house that had been rented for the party TED took aside his cousin and another and told them what had occurred. All of the women still present had no idea that there had been an accident and were not told about MARY JO. He tried to get his cousin GARGAN to take the blame and say that he'd been driving.

Three of the men including TURD, I mean TED and GARGAN allegedly tried to dive down to the car but were unsuccessful. GARGAN claimed that TED said that he'd notify the authorities.

Since it was too late to take the ferry over, TED swam across the channel to get back to his hotel.

Once back in the hotel, and back up in his warm bed he purposely called the desk at 2:30 in the morning to complain about a loud party going on in a room down the hall so that he could have an alibi for his whereabouts at that hour of the night & claim that he'd been there when the accident had occurred. The SOB spent most of the night trying to figure out how to get himself out of his mess.

It wasn't until after 10 the following morning that he acknowledged the asccident !

Shock and injury- bullshit; that sack of shit' first concern was to cover his own fat drunken ass !

(ST.) PATTY'S P-I-G
    At first I thought it was a photo of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Gone 50 years. Justice was never served.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-na...ersary-50-year

Last edited by cash; 07-25-2019 at 01:16 PM.

I will never understand why he did not try to save her. And from what I have read he could have.