Thread: Driver Ed Slasher Videos

Danny62 Guest

Driver Ed Slasher Videos

I took Drivers ed in the 1970's when they still played those 1950's graphic drivers ed video's.

Type in "Signal 30' on youtube and enjoy!! Gotta love the acting!!!

HKWolf Guest
    I love those videos. My BF has a few he bought online. Signal 30...Mechanized Death. Great stuff.

Ms. K Guest
    Blood on the Highway!

God, I remember watching that one in Driver's Ed. After eating breakfast (driver's ed was first period for me), no less.

Ew.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Blood on the Highway!
    There was a driver safety video/film that had some kids drop a rock from an overpass onto a car. And the movie had a shot of some old guy screaming his head off after the rock shatters his windshield and ruins his makeup.

Was that Blood on the Highway ?

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    There was a driver safety video/film that had some kids drop a rock from an overpass onto a car. And the movie had a shot of some old guy screaming his head off after the rock shatters his windshield and ruins his makeup.

Was that Blood on the Highway ?
    No, I don't think so....but it's been, oh God I'm about to totally date myself here, 14 years since I took driver's ed?

I don't think that was Blood on the Highway. BotH was done in the late 50s, early 60s, not staged, definitely real gore. Oh boy was it real gore.

Ew. Pardon me while I indulge in a full body shudder over that memory.

I got hosed. I never got to see any of those- and I took drivers ed in the late 80's

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Two words: Red Asphalt. They're still making them, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Asphalt

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    Two words: Red Asphalt. They're still making them, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Asphalt
    Red Asphalt. That kind of sums it up doesn't it!

Great title!!!

cherryghost Guest
    They are amazing films.

They remind me of the stranger Danger ones we used to see in school to scare us into being aware of abductors and murderers. They were frightening and graphic also!

Danny62 Guest
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9zdHsZ4jI

I remember watching this on in drivers Ed in 1978.

Jazbabee Guest
    I remember watching some dreadful one in 1978 called "Flesh, Metal And Glass".....can't find it online, but that one had me scared

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I used to look forward to these movies in driver's ed. I loved watching my best friend turn green as she watched them. Thanks for the links

Forever-27 Guest
    We had to get our folks to sign a permission slip to watch the drivers ed films. I had to get my dads signature in order to watch Red Asphalt. We saw like 2 different ones. Great graphic films. Supposedly nothing was ever staged in thoes either. Today at least here the school district has dropped drivers ed, so if your kid wants a license they got to go to a driving school for it.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I remember watching some dreadful one in 1978 called "Flesh, Metal And Glass".....can't find it online, but that one had me scared
    I think the title sums it up for me!