Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Death hoaxes and premature obits of the famous and infamous

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Hated mamas family. It was too hokey and cheesey.
    You aren't alone. Back in 1995 when Washington DC's WTTG FOX 5 had replaced evening reruns of Married..with Children in favor of Mama's Family people not only protested but there were a few who had actually made their trip to DC from hundreds of miles just to protest Mama's Family on 5. Guess it somewhat worked since it seemed like in no time Mama was replaced not by reruns of the Bundys but rather with Fresh Prince. WTTG never did say exactly why the sudden change but yeah...it were the protests.

lisalouver Guest
    Shes dead!

No shes not!

LOL

Should this be moved to hoaxes then?

I never liked that show, although I loved when they did it on the Carol Burnett show!

Mammy Guest
    I'm glad to know she isn't dead. What do people get out of starting rumors about shit like this? I don't get it. I wonder how it would feel to be reading articles about yourself being dead? I loved Mama's Family and so does my youngest daughter.

4. 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM

5. 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM

Until Beverly Archer holds a press conference/releases a press statement to confirm that she is alive AND files a lawsuit against those who had said she was dead...unfortunately there were be lots of Mama fans who will continue to believe that Archer is dead. There are still those who believe Morgan Freeman is dead even though that was a hoax too.

The owner of Sitcoms Online is going to try to get her to do a video interview in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure she will. She seems friendly enough. It's so horrible that someone spread a hoax that she died. When she's obviously alive.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Wendy A. Guest
    What is going on with all the celebrity death hoax's lately? How is spreading a rumor like that even funny?

Quote Originally Posted by toddmanning View Post
    The owner of Sitcoms Online is going to try to get her to do a video interview in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure she will. She seems friendly enough. It's so horrible that someone spread a hoax that she died. When she's obviously alive.
    Which reminds me... Wonder if the other cast members such as Vicki Lawrence for example if they know about this hoax as well ??

Ken Berry may be interesting to know if he knew about the hoax since well its been a few years, don't remember where I had heard it but I seem to recall hearing somewhere that Ken doesn't have internet access. Now I know that may be very hard to believe for some but Ken is up there in years and perhaps he is "old school" as in having no interest in the internet. My aunt ( who is about the same age as Berry ) is exactly the same way. Internet? NO THANK YOU !!!
    Last edited by choff; 10-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Saw her on a few American sitcoms
    always thought she was cute.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I remember getting on-line one morning to find out that Connie Francis had died. I came here, and there wasn't anything about her. It was in Wikipedia and everything, so I copied it and posted it here. Except it turns out she wasn't dead. Don't know where the rumor came from, and it didn't take long for it to be retracted from the internet, but I have to say I felt pretty foolish.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

philbert_wormly Guest
    Here is the Sitcoms online interview with the poor dear and she also sent out a video message.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2012/1...archer-of.html

Why is she still in this thread?

She is still alive, Abe Vigoda laughs at all this.
    (knows how it is)

1karenhb Guest
    Why do people start these stupid and cruel hoaxes?

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Why do people start these stupid and cruel hoaxes?
    Simple...some people have WAY too much time on their hands and since they know ( and sadly its unfortunately true ) that there are so many folks out there who believe everything they read on the internet then they know they can start a false rumor and make it look true such as posting the rumor themselves on Wikipedia, Sitcomsonline or whatever.

With that being said I wonder why whoever had started this stupid rumor had picked HER ?? Afterall Mama's Family the Iola/Bubba episodes have yet to be released on DVD ( I checked Amazon ) and the show itself, I could be wrong but I don't think there is any channel local or national that is currently airing Mama, at least according to Sitcoms online anyway.

pwem Guest

Jeff Goldblum Dead????

WTF is this all about?

http://jeff.goldblum.mediafetcher.co...ew_zealand.php

I hesitate to put it up in the dead celebrity category until it has been confirmed. OMG!

It's a hoax.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

pwem Guest
    Thank gawd this is a hoax. Damn!

I was looking him up on Google to see what movies he was in and this popped up. It sure looked on the level. I had never heard anything about this hoaz before.

I am proof of what happens when you don't Snopes first. Sorry

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    It's a hoax.
    Thank goodness. He's from a town not far from where I live. Lots of people say the family is very nice.

"Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

pwem Guest
    So now I am reading further and this particular hoax has been around for years with different victims.

I am usually pretty careful about believing things like this but I sure fell for this hook, line, and snowshoe.

I will now turn around and bend over. Please form a line to the right

Purr, it's always good to hear about a "nice" family for a change.

I heard a Nicolas Cage rumor yesterday as well. Was it "National Act Like a Celebrity Is Dead" day and I missed it, because I've got a list?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

pwem Guest
    Mandarin! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    So now I am reading further and this particular hoax has been around for years with different victims.

I am usually pretty careful about believing things like this but I sure fell for this hook, line, and snowshoe.

I will now turn around and bend over. Please form a line to the right

Purr, it's always good to hear about a "nice" family for a change.
    I remember his name mentioned in those strange days after MJ and Farah passed at the same time. So much media hype and digging for details, etc., it seemed to spawn countless rumors.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Rosebud666 Guest
    The way I heard it was it was Tom Cruise and he died in a freak mishap while dwarf bowling in New Zealand.
    Hey, how would you expect Tom Cruise to die except in a freak mishap?

Just a hoax remember a few years ago some
    people talked about the death of Canadian Singer
    Gordon Lightfoot.

Of course not true.

His death rumor came around again when Heath Ledger died. Jeff was on SNL right after that eulogizing himself. It was pretty funny.

There's actually a website (a pretty sick website, to be honest) out there that has "made-up" obituaries for famous people.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Wendy A. Guest
    Why do people in the media do this? I don't get all these fake death reports of celebrities. Goldblum has been the target on more than one occasion poor guy!

I remember a few years back some local DJ's did a fake report about Don Mattingly dying and he was apparently out of town at the time (He's from here and still lives here) and his 2 young son's heard it on the radio and were inconsolable. I think the DJ's may have lost their jobs if I'm not mistaken. (It's been a while) I don't see where any of this is funny at all. A lot of these famous people travel a lot with their jobs and the media doesn't take into consideration the fact that family may see these reports and think that they are real.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 01-19-2013 at 06:22 AM.

I think the Paul McCartney death hoax started the modern vogue for death hoaxes. Abe Vigoda first died in 1976 and the fucker is still alive!!!!!
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

There's a documentary on Netflix about the Paul McCartney death hoax. It's beyond ridiculous. It was the british government that wanted to bring in the fake Paul because they feared mass suicides all over England of female fans. Really? Like the government has nothing better to do or even cares about the Beatles female fans. I wish I could remember the name of the documentary but you should look for it if you have Netflix and watch it. It's a hoot.

Billy Weathersby Guest

Jeff connors

WesternClippings on b-westerns.com is reporting that 61 year old Jeff Connors passed away February 19..He is the son of TV's Rifleman, Chuck Connors.

I can find nothing that states Jeff Conners is dead. A link to the article would have been helpful, but I found that site and saw nothing about his death. This does not mean he isn't dead, but I have moved it here and will move it back if he is indeed departed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wendy A. Guest
    Who is he anyway? I checked IMDB & the Wikipedia and there wasn't anything on his death (and not much on his career)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Who is he anyway? I checked IMDB & the Wikipedia and there wasn't anything on his death (and not much on his career)
    He's one of Chuck Conners' sons. Looks like his dad, too. Let me grab a pic. BRB...

I don't know how old he is in this photo. Anyway, here's his IMDb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175501/
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-21-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I saw that Kevin Connors, Chuck's youngest son, died in 2005, but couldn't find anything on Jeff Connors.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    He's one of Chuck Conners' sons. Looks like his dad, too. Let me grab a pic. BRB...

I don't know how old he is in this photo. Anyway, here's his IMDb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175501/
    He looks familiar!

Our Chuck Connors is sad to announce the death of Chuck's son, Jeff.

Jeffrey Alan Connors, born on July 30, 1952, was the 2nd son of Chuck and Betty Connors. Jeff was a talented singer and also dabbled in acting. He appeared on The Rifleman twice as a child and in one movie as an adult.

http://www.ourchuckconnors.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XVN8BLG.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	50000

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I can find nothing that states Jeff Conners is dead. A link to the article would have been helpful, but I found that site and saw nothing about his death. This does not mean he isn't dead, but I have moved it here and will move it back if he is indeed departed.
    You did right in moving the thread until you KNEW for sure..Boyd Magers of westernclippings.com is involved with the Memphis Film Festival and knows Jeff and his family real well...Boyd's death announcement for Jeff was the only place I saw of the death..However, someone now has a "In Memory Of Jeff Connors" on youtube with clips of Jeff at the film festival...(Now called "A Gathering Of Guns")....stay warm.

41. 03-10-2014, 08:53 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

My mom was switching through the news channels sometime over the weekend (or maybe this morning) looking for information on the missing airplane and one of the channels was reporting that Sean Connery had died! She said you could have knocked her over with a feather. She was flipping around more and never saw anything else about it. I wonder what that was about?

Here is a link about the hoax:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/sean-...deathhoax.html

I hope he doesn't end up dead soon as some of the other recent deaths who'd had a death hoax shortly before their real death.

Another one hit just today. This time about Austin Russell "Chumlee."

http://socialnewsdaily.com/14873/chu...it-on-twitter/

Really people??

Just saw a death hoax for the Rock claiming he died today in a stunt on a set. Who is it that makes this stuff up?

People with nothing better to do.

Betty White - 92

Reports are she was found dead in her bathtub at a villa she was staying at after an apartment fire.

Sorry this is apparently a hoax. I should have googled first. We just read all about it and i couldn't find the link for it and then saw it was a hoax. Thank GOD!!

anneh Guest

Delete your post!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Reports are she was found dead in her bathtub at a villa she was staying at after an apartment fire.

Sorry this is apparently a hoax. I should have googled first. We just read all about it and i couldn't find the link for it and then saw it was a hoax. Thank GOD!!
    Since it's a hoax, PLEASE delete your post! Sheesh...

Sorry, excuse me. I can't delete or change the title of a first post so i have already posted in the mod forum.

Mammy Guest
    I'm so glad this was a hoax. I know Betty is old, but I'm not ready for her to go!

Anneh, since you aren't a moderator, you have no business telling other members what they should or shouldn't do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Sorry, excuse me. I can't delete or change the title of a first post so i have already posted in the mod forum.

I love Beverly Archer, a great comedic actress. Here's a pic from 2013.. she looks good !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beverly Archer.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	50982

There is a death hoax about Flo from those annoying as shit Progressive insurance commercials that she died in a 1 car accident when she went off the road and hit a tree in her Lexus.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420