Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Death hoaxes and premature obits of the famous and infamous

"Margaret Thatcher latest victim of internet death hoax; Twittersation"

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Margaret...#ixzz23ZI7QgBH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Utter bullshit!

From the above link:
    Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, the first female Prime Minister in England’s history, passed away in a London hospital early New Year’s Day morning, succumbing to congestive heart failure. She was 85 years old at the time of her death.
    Wiki says she was born in 1925. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Do the math. She would have been 87 this year, instead of 85. Regardless, it says she died on New Years Day (apparently in 2010).

Folks, I don't know what kind of site was reporting this in that link, but there are fake news sites out there where you can make up shit like this and it will flesh it into a realistic article. I've caught em and I've created one to prove it, on another forum where I was an admin. So, please do some research before you create a death thread. If it isn't on a mainstream news site or even TMZ wait until it shows up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy, my post was in response to a death thread you had created on Margaret Thatcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    Cindy, my post was in response to a death thread you had created on Margaret Thatcher.
    I didn't create the thread. PurrPurr did. When I investigated and realized it was a hoax I merged it with this. Somehow or other something zagged when it should have zigged. Sorry for the mixup.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Billy Weathersby Guest
    I remember the National Enquirer did a story on the death of Yul Brynner when Mr. Brynner was in the hospital and not dead...However, Mr. Brynner did do an anti-smoking ad to be shown only after his death...very touching...classy guy.

I can't believe nobody posted recently the snowboarding death of Brad Pitt a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he got lost in that house full of adopted kids. I hope he gets well soon.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Mulvaness Guest
    Ok, This guy may not be dead. The stories are conflicting online and imdb & wiki has since taken a death date down. The Guy who played Chainsaw in "summer school" is saying that he is alive. So, is he or isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulvaness View Post
    The Guy who played Chainsaw in "summer school" is saying that he is alive. So, is he or isn't he?
    This link may provide the definitive answer:

http://mattandtimfunny.blogspot.com/...ary-riley.html

Mulvaness Guest
    I guess this thread can go into the hoax thread. lol Although, not sure if it is as much of a hoax as a butt load of misinformation.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3398631705/

Trailer for Stand By Me. Aw memories. Now I want to watch it.
    ME TOO! The scene where people are vomiting almost made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulvaness View Post
    I guess this thread can go into the hoax thread. lol Although, not sure if it is as much of a hoax as a butt load of misinformation.
    Moved!
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Morgan Freeman

It's all over Facebook. I hope it's not true.

ooh, should have looked elsewhere, he's just joined the hoax club. Damn. My best friend scared the shit out of me, then a few other friends and...
    I guess even cnn had tweeted it.

anyway, sorry.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Stu Pidasso Guest
    No it's not tru. It's an old hoax on social media.

Yeah, I just reported myself. I'm surprised even cnn got taken up in it this time around. I found another one with his date of death listed as the 9th, maybe it's coming.

15. 09-07-2012, 11:51 PM

I saw the Morgan Freeman one on Facebook, as well. I actually gasped, because I was hoping it wasn't true. Apparently, it's someone on Facebook, who has a page, and is trying to get everyone to "like" it, to send their condolences. I went there, and it was mostly people commenting on how cruel and buttholish (I know, that's not a word) the creator of the page is.

Morgan Freeman

Well..that was a lie!
    Last edited by darrock299; 04-08-2014 at 04:13 PM.

harlequin_clown Guest
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Oh my gosh! No! He was an amazing actor, and I loved him in just about everything! What a shock! R.I.P.

This might be another hoax...time will tell!

harlequin_clown Guest

21. 09-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Heart and Soul Guest

Thumbs up Jonsi (or Sigur Ros)

Is he dead?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

TheMysterian Guest
    Morgan Freeman is alive, no matter what Facebook says

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88A00P20120911

I guess we will find out soon enough
    Last edited by TheMysterian; 09-15-2012 at 02:43 PM.

This has got to be the second or third time I've moved Morgan Freeman to the Hoax thread. Do not, I repeat, do not post a dead celeb thread until it hits a mainstream news spot or you get the beeper or Scott has it posted on one of his sites.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

mandee1005 Guest
    Anytime I see that a celebrity has passed, first place I look is here to see if its true. Am I the only one that does this?

I do the same thing. Actually, I copy the link and race over to post it, but it's almost always already posted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rosebud666 Guest
    Robert Graves, who was one of the British Great War Poets (along with Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, et. al.) and also famous for his memoir "Goodbye to All" That and as the author of "I Claudius", belongs here.

He caught a shell fragment in the lung during the Battle of the Somme in 1914 and was officially reported as having died of wounds back home.

In "Goodbye to All That", he recounts that it was rather interesting to find out what people had had to say about him while he was "dead". It was rather inconvenient that when returned home to convalesce, the bank wouldn't cash his paychecks and it took him quite a while to prove to them that he was once again among the living.

The Grim Reaper finally caught up with him in 1985 - but he had Ava Gardner first (and a lot of other women, too).

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This has got to be the second or third time I've moved Morgan Freeman to the Hoax thread. Do not, I repeat, do not post a dead celeb thread until it hits a mainstream news spot or you get the beeper or Scott has it posted on one of his sites.

What is really sad ( and bizarre ) is how so many folks still believe Morgan Freeman is dead even though of course he isn't. Just this morning I was pumping gas only to over hear a woman at the next pump with tears coming from her eyes talking to a friend on her cell about Morgan being dead "...so sad..so sad". Usually I don't butt in and I told her that his death was a HOAX and he is very much alive.

Alas..she didn't believe me and kept on crying and saying "..NO NO NO morgan IS dead...it's on the internet !!". Some people have a LOT to learn.

Beverly Archer [ Iola on Mama's Family]did not die!!

Those of you who may have watched the 80's comedy sitcom Mama's Family will remember Mama's neighbor and sidekick Iola. Beverly Archer who played Iola did not pass away. it was a cruel hoax. I'm updating this post. they still have it on her IMdB that she was cremated and her ashes poured into the ocean in Santa Monica. but she is still alive and well thank God. I'm sorry I started this post .
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 10-17-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I loved her on Mama's Family!
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Bgeace Guest
    I loved her! May she rest in peace.

Here's Gerald McRaney with Beverly Archer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archer.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	43898  

She was adorable.. Odd though that i'm not finding anything solid on this. No obituary or press release or anything.

Oh wow. I LOVED her!!! Gonna go google her now and see what other info I can find on her. RIP, dear lady.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Miss Archer definitely helped make Mama's Family a success...My favorite role of hers was when she played the college librarian on Married With Children who had the "hots" for Bud..She was spying on him with a video and caught him masturbating and then the school tried to kick him out...Her nephew said she died October 1 and was immediately cremated and half her ashes were scattered over Santa Monica Ocean and the other half over her parents cemetery lot..RIP

RIP Mrs. Archer! .... So sad.

RIP!!

Wow, she was only in her late 30s/early 40s when she was on Mama's Family.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

R.i.p.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beverly-archer-hair-1320059599-564.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	43911
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

She was the only thing that actually kept me watching Major Dad when I was a kid. I freaking loved "Gunney" as GR's character called her.

She was great on Mama's Family too.

And, not to mention that hilarious episode she had on Full House. Where she was the teacher when DJ took her SAT's. And, she wouldn't get off of DJ's back. It was hilarious.

Wendy A. Guest
    RIP! That's sad. I really liked her on Mama's Family!

philbert_wormly Guest
    Apparently she retired from acting and became a ceramic artist.

I e mailed her official web site for her art because I have truly had difficulty in learning if her passing is a hoax or not.

http://beverlyarcher.net/
    Last edited by philbert_wormly; 10-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.

According to Wikipedia, Imdb, and several other sites, she died on October 1st of this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't find a single story on her death. Is she really dead?
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I loved that show. Can't believe she was that old!

Whoops! Young, I meant that I can't believe she was that young.

She's not dead.

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]It appears that it was a cruel hoax. We heard directly from her today that she has never lived in Santa Monica and that she certainly didn't die there. We hope to be able to do an interview with her or post a further update or a video message.

Zoneboy had posted a link to an obit to a page at inmemoriam.thoughts.com on the Mama's Family board on Wednesday. That obit was also re-posted on IMDB. Wikipedia had listed her date of death, but there were no sources. I see now that IMDB listed a date of death. There's also a page at Find a Grave. The problem with those sites is that anybody can create a page for them.

We deeply regret reporting on it. It's a lesson learned. We will not report on any deaths unless it's been confirmed by a major news source or we've verified it ourselves.

I found this in Google that matches with her contact information. She owns an antiques store or at least did at one time in South Pasadena, CA.
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz298031oQu

Sitcoms online cleared that one up.

Oh my!!! Well, I am glad she is still with us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

philbert_wormly Guest
    I mentioned upthread that I emailed her through her official site.

Either she or a Zombie who has taken her immortal soul for its very own e mailed me back.

I tried to contact Scott about that in regard to my posting the e mail here, but it is all cool now since toddmanning took care of things.

Forever-27 Guest
    Hated mamas family. It was too hokey and cheesey.

Actually she looks like Ernestine the operator. ( For thoes of us young enough to remember Laugh-In )

I was saddened to learn of her passing, only to be rejuvenated to learn she is, in fact still with us!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Well, it's a miracle!! Glad to hear the she is very much alive.
    Cindy