Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Death hoaxes and premature obits of the famous and infamous

Mammy Guest
    Jersey, I guess anywhere would look like Heaven if you were rolling in the dough like Bonjovi and could afford the high life. I can't imagine what it would be like to not be stressed out over money and living paycheck to paycheck.

DrDeath Guest
    Sambora spent large portions of the last 25 years trying to pickle his liver and JBJ's vice appeared to be groupies despite being married. So he said once. Brave of him to admit that seeing as his wife is a kickboxing pro or something I believe.

I think it's a bit cruel to do these hoaxes when the 'deceased' has young kids. Lucky they would be home with him on this occasion. If he'd been touring then they might have seen that, or their friends shown them. Then they'd freak.

David Ghetta Dead

My 12 year old daughter has just told me that David Ghetta died in a car crash today near Roswell!!!!! Is his an wind up as can't find anything else. Please help me out 12 year old doing my head in

sorry guys bloody prank, David Guetta is alive and kicking, will not be listening to a 12 year old again!!!!

Ted Challinor Guest
    In answer to some very early replies to this thread about pop singer Holly Johnson of Frankie Goes to Hollywood I distinctly remember reading UK newspaper The Independent on the morning after Dec 21 1988 Lockerbie crash which said that 'the pop world was in mourning....' for the singer. The paper had picked up a misleading passenger list - I believe he was booked to fly to the US around that time - and had 'reached' . Or just had believed a rumour.

A musician who did die in the tragedy was bassist from Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel ('Come up and see me, make me smile....'), Paul Jeffreys, who lost his life after boarding the plane with his wife Rachel - they were celebrating their honeymoon : (

CORONERGAL Guest
    Oh good hell! Now they tried to say Chris Daughtry had died! Some people's kids...........

He is alive and well! And probably laughing his ass off over this!

Town Without Pity Guest

Kim Jong-Un Death by Ninja Assassin Rumor

Busy day on death today....I didn't see this posted but a friend just called and told me this and I looked it up....some say confirmed, some say not confirmed. Ninjas?

[SIZE=3]N. Korean leader Kim Jong-Un killed by Ninja assasins[/SIZE]

A team of trained ninja assassins snuck into North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's room overnight and assassinated the new leader while he was on a business trip in Beijing -- if rumors spreading across microblogging service Twitter and its Chinese counterpart Weibo are to be believed

The rumors -- unsubstantiated by any major news service or government agency -- started on the Chinese language Twitter clone earlier today, claiming Jong-Un had been killed in his residence.
    “According to reliable sources, North Korean leader [Kim Jong-Un was killed] in Beijing in February 10 2012, at 2 o'clock and 45 minutes. Unknown persons broke into his residence shot and were subsequently shot and killed by the bodyguard,” one Tweet claimed.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...est=latestnews
    Last edited by Town Without Pity; 02-11-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Sorry, thought I needed a merge.

Maybe it was Irans army of women ninja warriors.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Maybe it was Irans army of women ninja warriors.
    LOL...I just read about the Army of women Ninjas of Iran an watched their video...lol...could have been..lol

Looks like Fox has removed it from their site.

Maybe it was ninjas that killed Whitney Houston.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Never put anything above a Ninja...lol

Rosebud666 Guest
    It was Chuck Norris in "blackface" (uhh, "aisianface", is that a word?). No wait, he was wearing a mask of course, yeah that's the ticket!

Do not mess with Chuck!!!!!! Even his beard would put a can of whoop a@@ to a person!!!!! Eek!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girl incognito View Post
    Do not mess with Chuck!!!!!! Even his beard would put a can of whoop a@@ to a person!!!!! Eek!
    Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about this, but in his spare time he leads a top secret team of US Coast Guard Gray Seals.

They're the best of the best of the best of the best, the ones the President calls upon for those missions that even the young bucks in SEAL Team 6 won't touch!

I think Jesse Ventura is part of that posse too, although he would make a pretty funny looking ninja.

Ninja's haven't existed for a couple of hundred years, so I call bunk.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Oh, they exist . . . you just can't see or hear them.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    is this true, y'all? Ninjas?

I would guess it would have been posted on CNN or something if he was really dead. ALthough with that country who knows.

Not really a hoax or anything just a funny mistake I came across in the online edition of the local paper which makes it sound like the Dixie Chicks were gunned down:
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-thirds-of-the-Dixie-Chicks-3264294.php

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    No Bunk, my grandson is in training to become a American Ninja...lol. He's pretty good at it to...lol..and he should be, it costs me enough to go to Ninja school..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Oh, they exist . . . you just can't see or hear them.
    There ya go Rosebud, you just don't know they are there...lol

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about this, but in his spare time he leads a top secret team of US Coast Guard Gray Seals.

They're the best of the best of the best of the best, the ones the President calls upon for those missions that even the young bucks in SEAL Team 6 won't touch!

I think Jesse Ventura is part of that posse too, although he would make a pretty funny looking ninja.

LOLOL Jesse Ventura as a Ninja....I choked on my coffee...lol...he would make a very funny looking Ninja, I agree...lol

Quote Originally Posted by CORONERGAL View Post
    Oh good hell! Now they tried to say Chris Daughtry had died! Some people's kids...........

He is alive and well! And probably laughing his ass off over this!
    These death hoaxes are kind of turning into a situation like our brave service members asking celebs to go to a ball with them, every one is asking!
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Ok, I think merge this to death hoax thread, but I wanted to add this from what I read this morning -

I think it has something to do with the flamboyant, self-caricaturizing craziness of Kim’s father Kim Jong-il (see “Team America: World Police,” by the makers of South Park), but the denizens of the Interwebs took glee in joking about the possible death of the new young dictator.
    Twitter user @Rocco_Castoro posted this morning: “This just in: Kim Jong-un’s cause of death was being force-fed hotdogs and having a basketball bounced off his head repeatedly for 20 hours.” (LOL..force fed hot dogs..lol)

Connie Francis

I just learned Connie Francis has passed away. I don't know a whole lot about her, just that she was a singer famous for the song "Where the boys are". I know that later in life she was brutally raped while staying in a hotel, and went through a long period of depression. Anyone else have any info?

Well, it appears that now the obituary has been pulled, don't know if it's true or not... Guess that's what I get for trying to be the first to report it...

deathhaghun Guest
    Nope nothing has come up. There was a piece about her recently that she was a manic depressive. Apparantely she "died" on the 28th of June on this site.

http://en.necropedia.org/obituary/Connie_Francis

That Billy the Kid was not shot by Pat Garrett but
    lived to be an old man.

Who knows the truth.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Jacksmum Guest

Oh no! I was shocked to see this hear. Glad he's not dead, I hope he can pull through.

Bgeace Guest
    Oh wow, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Oh no!! Good for Omarosa! (eek, never thought I would ever think something like that) REALLY hope he pulls through, he always seemed like a very sweet guy. Love his interviews with Craig Ferguson.

OMG, I thought he was dead! I've always liked him, hope he'll be all right.

Please, check out the mainstream news sites, like People, etc., or Scott's Facebook wall, before you announce a death.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Town Without Pity Guest
    I'm glad it looks like he's going to be ok. I love him....and he's very funny, and thanks Omarosa but what the hell is he doing dating her....ewwww. I loved his new show and found out it was cancelled. Bless him and here's to a speedy recovery.

Mammy Guest
    I hope he is able to recover from this. I just loved him in "The Green Mile."

Love him too. Hope he continues to do well.

I am SHOCKED that nobody had mention the so-called 1984 "death" at the age of 13 of actor Alfonso Riberio who had a role on the 80's sitcom Silver Spoons. Alfonso at the time of his show had done a Pepsi ad with Michael Jackson and the "rumor" was that while doing the Pepsi ad Alfonso had broken his neck and died as a result of a breakdance gone bad. OMG OMG..the popular radio shows of the day such as one's local "Morning Zoo" announced this. I was living in Virginia Beach at the time and not only did our local top 40 station Z104 had mentioned this but even our local TV stations did too actually WVEC's "13 News" had used this rumor as their top story !!!! Didn't take very long to confirm this was a stupid rumor but even then the taboilds and even Parade for a long time in the Sunday paper ( say 1987 ) were STILL getting questions from fans of Silver Spoons asking about the "death" of the little boy from Silver Spoons who had appeared in the Pepsi ad with Michael Jackson.

I don't think ANYONE to this day knew exactly how this rumor had started back in the summer of 1984.
    Last edited by choff; 07-13-2012 at 07:55 PM.

ryanolivia Guest
    It seems Eddie Murphy "died" in a snowboarding accident last week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/eddie-murphy-dead

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    It seems Eddie Murphy "died" in a snowboarding accident last week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/eddie-murphy-dead
    Again?

Mulvaness Guest
    A friend asked me to find out if it was a hoax or the real deal about John witherspoon dying. I haven't found anything other than reports on twitter so, I'm assuming it's fake.

PurrPurr Guest

Former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

Sky News just broke that former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has passed away at 86 after long illness.

They'll post details as they come in.

luvmypeanut Guest
    busy week in after life!

PurrPurr Guest
    Found an article link...need to correct myself; she was 85

http://socyberty.com/government/form...er-dead-at-85/

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Sky News just broke that former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has passed away at 86 after long illness.

They'll post details as they come in.
    That's odd. I'm afraid you've run afoul of a hoax.

I am watching Sky News live now and they haven't mentioned a thing.

Timeo Vitae Guest
    ​...The end of an era.

Bidmor Guest
    There's nothing about Mrs. Thatcher on the Sky News site, CNN, Fox, Drudge, and a Google search yielded nothing about her death.

Born Oct. 13, 1925.

Agree that no major news outlet is reporting her as deceased.

Timeo Vitae Guest
    ​Hmmmmmm.

BBC world news has nothing about it.

But to be honest, I would not be sad
    to hear about her death.

This person hurt the hard working people
    of the UK when she was PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I was all ready for "Ding Dong the witch is dead"