Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Death hoaxes and premature obits of the famous and infamous

aLiLdirt Guest
    Good to know. I still enjoy Schoolhouse Rock and quite often catch myself humming/singing some of the ditties.
    Hope Sheldon is getting residuals for his work!

I had this happen with a family member.

One of my brothers called me up and said our Uncle Charles has died. He was old so it wasn't like it was unexpected. Now my brother goes on to say that Uncle Charles lived a private life and didn't want to have a service and wanted a quick burial with not even a family member present. Okay, those are his wishes, RIP Uncle Charles. A few months later my parents are having the family gathering at their home for Thanksgiving and as I am standing in the living room, Uncle Charles walks through! The first thing I did was look around to see if anyone else had seen him. I then ran to my brother and told him I had just seen Uncle Charles, which might be a tad strange as he had told me he was dead. My brother then realizes he told me the wrong uncle had died. To make it worse, my wife and I had sent a birthday card to the real dead uncle the month before. No wonder my aunt who had been married to the real dead uncle had been acting strange towards me earlier that day.

jimmy's One Guest

Adam Sandler

Actor Adam Sandler is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today - August 1, 2011.
    The actor & novice snowboarder was vacationing at the Zermatt ski resort in Zermatt, Switzerland with family and friends. Witnesses indicate that Adam Sandler lost control of his snowboard and struck a tree at a high rate of speed.

Adam Sandler was air lifted by ski patrol teams to a local hospital, however, it is believed that the actor died instantly from the impact of the crash. The actor was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and drugs and alcohol do not appear to have played any part in his death.

Wow what a Huge loss

RaRaRamona Guest
    No way

According to this website, it's just a hoax.

Adam Sandler Death Hoax ?? He's Alive and Well
    August 01, 2011 01:05 AM EDT

Adam Sandler is alive and well, despite the second death hoax that has targeted him on the Internet. The first was back in March, and it seems like this newest one is simply a resurfacing of the old one. What does the death hoax claim? It says Sandler died while snowboarding in Switzerland.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's not true at all. Merge!!

Adam Sandler Death Hoax — He's Alive and Well

August 01, 2011 01:05 AM EDT

Adam Sandler is alive and well, despite the second death hoax that has targeted him on the Internet. The first was back in March, and it seems like this newest one is simply a resurfacing of the old one. What does the death hoax claim? It says Sandler died while snowboarding in Switzerland.
    According to a report from MSN, the death reports are nothing but fakes. The Just Go With It star is very much still kicking—right here on earth.
    Global Associated News, however, would like you to believe something very different. They are reporting that Adam Sandler was vacationing with family and friends in Zermatt, Switzerland. And they claim "witnesses" saw him lose control of his snowboard and "hit a tree at a high rate of speed."
    The report goes on to say that Adam Sandler was then airlifted by ski patrol teams, but it is believed he died on impact.
    Sandler will be happy to know he was wearing a helmet at the time of his snowboard crash and immediate death, and that authorities don't believe he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
    http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474979784378

aedgar5000 Guest
    Yep. Read the same site, McCourt. This is flat out bogus.

Here's another Sandler death hoax article from just 2 days ago.

Adam Sandler Fake Death Reports Fueled by Site Claiming Celebrities have Died

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) ?? Adam Sandler is not dead; reports of an Adam Sandler death today July 29, 2011 are completely fabricated. But a quick perusal of one website, ??Global Associated News?, reveals that it has posted, not just a work of fiction about Sandler??s fake death today, but also about other celebrities, consistently in recent weeks.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/29/ad...ies-have-died/
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Yep. Read the same site, McCourt. This is flat out bogus.
    I'm glad its bogus because I really like him!! My heart skipped a beat.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I'm glad its bogus because I really like him!! My heart skipped a beat.
    I know! Jesus, I remember breaking out his old comedy tape cassettes and pissing myself over the "Sloppy Joe" song. Sandler dying would have been a bitter pill to swallow.

lisalouver Guest
    HOLY COW

I almost fainted.

Thank goodness its not true

Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    I know! Jesus, I remember breaking out his old comedy tape cassettes and pissing myself over the "Sloppy Joe" song. Sandler dying would have been a bitter pill to swallow.
    Ah, watching him sing that song with Chris Farley makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Ohh so glad thats not true! I really like him and it would make me so sad for his little girls to lose their daddy at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Ah, watching him sing that song with Chris Farley makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
    Chris Farley as the Lunch Lady...priceless!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Chris Farley as the Lunch Lady...priceless!

I had to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HhV2SoJThM

What fucking moron spreads rumours like this?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Well, I'm glad he's not dead too, I got caught up in another one months ago about somebody nowhere near as lovable as him. But I was glad the other one wasn't dead either.

Forever-27 Guest
    Wishful thinking .....

He's so not funny, makes me wonder how he manages to find work

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Wishful thinking .....

It's subjective. However, he also co-produces a lot of moves, so he at least puts back in.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DrDeath Guest
    When I left school someone put it about that I'd killed myself in the summer break. Imagine people's surprise when I turned up safe and well and ALIVE in college a few weeks later. Ghost jokes lasted until Xmas.....must be even odder for celebs, knowing how many people know them!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Wishful thinking .....

I don't find him funny either. More annoying, like Jim Carrey

rucyco2 Guest
    I used to have a book on different things to do to get even with someone who screwed you

One of the things in the books was to have your target declared dead. If I remember correctly, the scenario was that two guys opened a business. It went under and guy A left all of the debts to guy B. Since they were in business together, guy B had all of guy A's personal info. When guy A went on vacation, guy B spang into action.

They dressed a guy up in a doctor-looking suit and sent him to the county with a forged death certificate. Once filed, they then called social security, had his utilities and credit cards shut off, etc.

It took guy A years to undo that one. Of course you could never pull something like that off these days but I can think of a couple of people that I would love to try it on

DrDeath Guest
    Tis true, when I worked for a utility company the database had a habit of killing people off without them actually being dead. Once an account went to probate, it couldn't be reversed (obviously). First people knew about it was when they got a condolance letter and mail addressed to The Estate of The Late.....

Luckily most thought it was hilarious

death hag dee Guest

Is Adam sandler dead?

One of my FB friends just saw something that said he was any confirmation? this is weird maybe his career, but him???

death hag dee Guest
    ok supposedly from a skiing accident anyone got a death beeper?

aedgar5000 Guest
    Think he's died two or three times in the past week.

He's not dead.

deanfan Guest
    Appears to be fake.

death hag dee Guest
    ok thanks guys figured it was just wanted 2 make sure

"Adam Sandler is once again the victim of a sick, BOGUS death hoax.

According to yet another gross prank from Global Associated News, “Actor Adam Sandler is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident earlier today” in Zermatt, Switzerland.

But Sandler is NOT dead.
    He’s ALIVE and WELL."

http://www.gossipcop.com/adam-sandle...and-july-2011/

guess he's ok. yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forever-27 Guest
    Its piping hot everywhere ... he dies skiing ?

Time to unfriend your fb friend

death hag dee Guest
    widespread now........

death hag dee Guest
    kewl thanks!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    ugh

gemini33 Guest
    I really don't understand why people start these rumors. What do they get out of it? Guess it's the same type of person that invents virus.

RaRaRamona Guest
    But all you have to do it google. It takes two seconds. Less time than it does to post a new thread about it.

gemini33 Guest
    ugh, now it's Lady GaGa. I want to scream at my Facebook friends that this stuff isn't true, it's just a virus!! Stop clicking these f'ing links!!

Mulvaness Guest

ScarletStarlet Guest
    Nope, it's a hoax. Apparently it's all over Twitter.

According to this site, that rumors of his death are a hoax (thank God) http://www.gossipcop.com/jon-bon-jov...th-rumor-hoax/
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mulvaness Guest
    Thank goodness!!!

Mammy Guest
    Apparently it is a hoax, a very cruel one. I'm half dead from the near heart failure I had when I read that. So glad it isn't true!

ScarletStarlet Guest
    Thanks for the link NewEnglander. I can now convince my daft big sister that she isn't one up in our wee game of 'who can tell the other one about the newly dead first?'

Wanted Dead or Alive?

Okay, yeah I know, sucks...

ScarletStarlet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Wanted Dead or Alive?

Okay, yeah I know, sucks...
    Someone just posted on my Facebook :

"Just released from his own website..."hey,man I'm alive I'm takin each day and night at a time,I'm feeling like a monday but someday I`ll be saturday night."

Ahaha

ScarletStarlet Guest
    "Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey"

http://www.facebook.com/BonJovi?sk=wall

Well played, Jon!

Mammy Guest
    Unlike a lot of the 80's musicians, Jon has aged extremely well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Unlike a lot of the 80's musicians, Jon has aged extremely well!
    Yes he has! He looks better now than he did back then. I never really liked his big hair back in the day. He looks much better with shorter hair. So does Sambora.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Mammy Guest
    I think he is better looking now, too. Richie Sambora was so yummy back in the day. It wore off badly!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletStarlet View Post
    "Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey"

http://www.facebook.com/BonJovi?sk=wall

Well played, Jon!
    I completely disagree with that statement, not only would heaven not look like Jersey it wouldn't smell as bad either.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420