Thread: Any Christopher Lee fans?

Guest Guest

Smile Any Christopher Lee fans?

In view of this wonderful actors recent Knighthood, I thought I'd start a thread as I couldn't find one already!
    From 'Dracula' to James Bond, Sleepy Hollow to Star Wars, this 87 year old legend has always given great performances!
    I love him as Dracula. Any other Hags a fan of Christopher? Favourite roles etc?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2009 at 07:49 AM.

NickyBeth Guest
    I think he was great in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. I can't imagine anyone else being Willy Wonka's dad!

3. 06-28-2009, 07:52 AM

trinlee Guest
    I love Mr Lee, The Hammer house are my favorite and I thought he was great in LOTR too.

5. 06-28-2009, 08:03 AM

Northern Lights Guest
    I love him! Favourite role, Dracula. And I love when he sings!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9AwNFFiiw

Northern Lights Guest

Northern Lights Guest
    And because I'm from Finland, I have to tell this interesting thing about him:

"He volunteered to fight for the Finnish forces during the Winter War against the Soviet Union in 1939; however, as Lee admits in his autobiography, he and his fellow British volunteers were in Finland only a fortnight and kept well away from the Russian forces the whole time."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee

He's awesome. What an amazing, rich voice he has! I've loved him since his Dracula movies, and I really admire that he still acts, when most actors are long retired. He was an amazing Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies, and I love that, like me, he was a geeky fan of the books and read them all once a year!

Northern Lights Guest
    Christopher Lee sings with "Little Witch"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wuRbceJM2I&NR=1

11. 06-28-2009, 09:55 AM

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    He's awesome. What an amazing, rich voice he has! I've loved him since his Dracula movies, and I really admire that he still acts, when most actors are long retired. He was an amazing Saruman in the Lord of the Rings movies, and I love that, like me, he was a geeky fan of the books and read them all once a year!

Yeah his voice is so distinctive. I don't need to hear it to hear it...he's great, he's seen a lot of low rent sets.

leevancleef Guest
    Count me in as a huge fan.
    I loved him in every single film ive seen with him on it.
    One of a kind.

taph Guest
    Christopher Lee is one of a kind. I remember growing up on Hammer films but, of everything else he's done, the thing that actually stands out to me is the fact that he can recite the poem about the ONE RING in the language of Mordor and make you tremble in fear at the sound.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I love all of Lee's Hammer films...but it was his work with Mario Bava in "The Whip and the Body" that really stands out for me. He was both menacing and sexy in that role--great movie. Great actor.

Heck yeah! I love him. IMO, he was best in "House of the Long Shadows" with fellow horror legends Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Shelia Keith and the hugely famous Desi Arnaz, Jr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085693/
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

crescentia Guest
    I LOVE Christopher Lee!!!! I am a total Hammer movie freak. I own the Hammer Dracula doll which looks just like him! He is full of win!! My favorite movie of his has to be The Devil Rides Out.

Seagorath Guest
    "Your swords please...we don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."

19. 06-29-2009, 02:58 PM

crescentia Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Excellent movie! I watch it every time it re-shows. Love your avi btw!
    Thanks!!!!!

Martini Guest
    He's filming a movie right now in New Mexico, called Invasion of Privacy with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hillary Swank. Here's a picture from the set, Jeffrey Dean Morgan presents a cake to Sir Christopher Lee in congratulations of his knighthood.

crescentia Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    He's filming a movie right now in New Mexico, called Invasion of Privacy with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hillary Swank. Here's a picture from the set, Jeffrey Dean Morgan presents a cake to Sir Christopher Lee in congratulations of his knighthood.

It's a Hammer film!!!!

TallulahDahling Guest
    Oh he was the best--scared the beejeezus outta me when I was a kid!! Oh those were the fun days!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post

Cool. Thanks Martini!

malaki Guest
    One of the best vampires ever!!!!!....

Northern Lights Guest
    Christopher Lee to release 'symphonic metal' album

The man who played Dracula and Saruman is to tell the story of Charlemagne, the first Holy Roman Emperor, through the universal language of metal
    Sean Michaels
    guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 5 January 2010 10.33 GMT

The man who played Dracula, Saruman and the Man with the Golden Gun is now to portray Charlemagne â?? through the medium of song. Actor Christopher Lee is to release an album of "symphonic metal", telling the story of his own direct ancestor, the first Holy Roman Emperor.

"To my surprise and indeed great pleasure, I have suddenly found that there is another string to my bow," Sir Christopher said in a video message. Due on 15 March, Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross features the 87-year-old singing and acting alongside a full orchestra, choir, and a large cast of undisclosed guest vocalists. "There's a lot of characters in this particular album," Lee explained. "A lot. There's Charlemagne himself of course, which I sing, and then there's young Charlemagne, Charlemagne's father, Charlemagne's brother, ... [even] the Pope."

There's also, er, some heavy-duty headbanging, courtesy of Italian composer Marco Sabiu. As half of 1980s production duo the Rapino Brothers, Sabiu helped create hits by Kylie Minogue and Take That. More recently, Sabiu worked with both Françoise Hardy and Luciano Pavarotti. According to the project's website, the lyrics were written by Marie-Claire Calvet, "a graduate from Bristol University". Calvet's MySpace states that she is a fan of such metal luminaries as Judy Garland, Jacques Brel and Oasis.

"It's pretty unexpected," Lee admitted. Although he has previously worked on metal projects â?? narrating several records by Italian band Rhapsody of Fire, and collaborating briefly with Manowar â?? he has never released an album before. This particular project resonated not just with the actor's dark, storm-whipped soul â?? but with his family tree. "I am through the Carandini family [his mother's] actually descended from Charlemagne," he revealed.

"It's fascinating for me that at this stage in my life, people are beginning to look upon me as a metal singer," Lee said. "When this comes out as a complete album, it's going to be sensational."

Listen to samples from Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...ic-metal-album

Heavenly Tiger Guest

Heavenly Tiger Guest

Fancynancy Guest
    Love this guy! I think he is by far the scariest Dracula ever!!!

30. 01-13-2010, 12:12 AM

He hosted Saturday Night Live on March 25, 1978.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahDahling View Post
    Oh he was the best--scared the beejeezus outta me when I was a kid!! Oh those were the fun days!
    Yup, yup! He had the same effect on me! Remember "Dracula vs Billy the kid"? Horribly bad but somehow good in a wierd way.......

Bidmor Guest
    I recall as a kid reading my latest copy of Monster magazine...I think that was name of it. Anyway there was an ad for the upcoming release of another Hammer Chris Lee Dracula film. The pic was of Lee running with fangs bared and cape flying behind him and the tag line was something like "when we last saw Dracula, he was in his coffin with a stake through his heart...but you can't keep a good man down". Classic.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I recall as a kid reading my latest copy of Monster magazine...I think that was name of it. Anyway there was an ad for the upcoming release of another Hammer Chris Lee Dracula film. The pic was of Lee running with fangs bared and cape flying behind him and the tag line was something like "when we last saw Dracula, he was in his coffin with a stake through his heart...but you can't keep a good man down". Classic.
    Bidmor given your avenger Avatar it brings to mind one of my favorite episodes where Christopher Lee was a scientist who would go beserk when certain frequencies are broadcast.
    It was a great episode.
    Regards,
    Mary

I found that Lee's Dracula was far scarier and sexier than Bela's. I remember seeing "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave" in or around 1969 or 1970 at a drive-in theater. It scared me so much, I spent most of the time on the floor of my mom's car (I was around 9-10 years old). I remember I hit the floor when an actor was getting ready to ring a church bell and blood was dripping on his hands. That was it for me! And that was the beginning of the movie. I would occasionally get off the floor to get a peek of Christopher. And back down I would go when I would see blood. I drove my mom nuts!

As a Death Hag, that is a very embarrassing episode in my life.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 09-12-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Cindy

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Bidmor given your avenger Avatar it brings to mind one of my favorite episodes where Christopher Lee was a scientist who would go beserk when certain frequencies are broadcast.
    It was a great episode.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Yep, Mary, the ep was titled "Never, Never Say Die" where Lee played the diabolical mastermind of the week, Dr. Frank N. Stone (does that name ring a bell?), who was creating robotic duplicates of government and military VIP's.
    Here's a synopsis of the ep:
    http://theavengers.tv/forever/peel2-10.htm
    Last edited by Bidmor; 03-12-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: removal of dead link

Let's not forget "Goliath Awaits". I watched this on You Tube not long ago.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Reecy Guest
    I love him playing DRACULA............ When he has the red blood falling from his mouth and the way they did those older type movies in color. The woman..... The actors who played his friends. I'm a fan.

Katrinawitch Guest
    LOVE Christopher Lee! What a film legacy! I especially love his later stuff. He's one of my favorite parts of the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy. If you get a chance, listen to the actors' commentary on the DVDs. His commentary is fascinating!

Hez Guest
    If you havn't seen Dracula AD 1972 you need to! It's superb.

He's a great actor, turned up in one of Jayne Mansfields British films too x

Bunratty Guest
    CL appeared in the Bond movie Man With The Golden Gun and was a cousin of the James Bond author Ian Fleming

According to Roger Moore, when filming in Thailand one day Chris entered a cave and suddenly rushed out pursued by bats

He looked at Moore and said "You're going to use this against me, aren't you?"

Wendy A. Guest
    My husband is a HUGE Christopher Lee fan.

I <3 him. His bio "Tall, Dark and Gruesome" is a great read. I am FB friends with someone who *may* be him, but if not, is certainly in his inner circle. He always posts his New Years message and lots of neat things. One of the greatest voices ever.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Nelliebean Guest
    I remember how mad he was over all of his cut scenes in the Lord of the Rings series.

Bunratty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    I remember how mad he was over all of his cut scenes in the Lord of the Rings series.
    Apparently a lot of his scenes were cut from The Wicker Man (1973) and he was most unhappy because he regarded it as possibly his greatest role

I love Christopher Lee, he and the great Vincent Price are my favorite horror actors
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    I love Christopher Lee, he and the great Vincent Price are my favorite horror actors
    Don't forget about Peter Cushing he belongs next to them.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.