Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8151617

Thread: Farrah Fawcett

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    I think that Farrah was one of the most beautiful women ever back when her famous poster was popular. I thought she was a really good actress in "The Burning Bed" and "Small Sacrifices." I remember someone asking Diane Downs what her opinion was on Farrah Fawcett playing her in "Small Sacrifices." Diane (old horse face) said that she was much prettier than Farrah. I nearly busted a gut laughing at that. That comment shows her to be more delusional than the whole bushy haired stranger story. I wish I had a special mirror like Diane had!

It is sad that Farrah is gone and that Redmond is still such a mess. If he doesn't get himself straightened out, he may be joining her sooner rather than later!

That is my opinion too - his pic shows how deep into drugs he is again, he looks like a straight up dope head. I'm sure he'll get LOTS more jailtime, but I would not be surprised if when he got out he pulled a old Sid Vicious. Lawwwd knows his Daddy ain't no kind of help...
    My Posse's On Broadway

lynn wilson Guest
    I just find it amazing....lets run a red light with heroin and a gun in the car....

The Lucky One Guest
    This kid needs help! Dr drew should reach out to him!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    This kid needs help! Dr drew should reach out to him!

Yikes!!! That would be cool if it helped, but Dr. Drew ain't havin' the best of luck this years...
    My Posse's On Broadway

The California Attorney General is investigating the FARRAH FAWCETT Foundation for possible fraud, and mismanagement of funds
    The charitable foundation was established after Farrah’s tragic death in June 2009 following her brave battle with cancer].
    RadarOnline.com reported Farrah Fawcett Foundation and the Farrah Fawcett Living Trust were given 60 days to comply with the Attorney General’s Office of Charitable Trust’s investigation.
    Richard B. Francis, the trustee of the estate and chairman of the foundation, said that the investigation is a “witch hunt”, He also claims the foundation “has done nothing wrong” and is apparently cooperating with the investigation.
    The organizations must turn over estate documents as well as the financial records by a non-disclosed September deadline.
    Farah Foundation prez and longtime pal Alana Stewart, the president of the Foundation, said the investigation is “outrageous.”
    The Attorney General’s office has not commented publicly on the probe.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...ndation-probed
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

The California Attorney General is investigating the FARRAH FAWCETT Foundation for possible fraud, and mismanagement of funds
    The charitable foundation was established after Farrah??s tragic death in June 2009 following her brave battle with cancer].
    RadarOnline.com reported Farrah Fawcett Foundation and the Farrah Fawcett Living Trust were given 60 days to comply with the Attorney General??s Office of Charitable Trust??s investigation.
    Richard B. Francis, the trustee of the estate and chairman of the foundation, said that the investigation is a ??witch hunt?, He also claims the foundation ??has done nothing wrong? and is apparently cooperating with the investigation.
    The organizations must turn over estate documents as well as the financial records by a non-disclosed September deadline.
    Farah Foundation prez and longtime pal Alana Stewart, the president of the Foundation, said the investigation is ??outrageous.?
    The Attorney General??s office has not commented publicly on the probe.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...ndation-probed

I just started the book Alana wrote about her friendship with Farrah a few days ago...

A telephone conversation with Farrah was the inspiration for the song "Midnight Train To Georgia":
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...791418962.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Wow, never knew that the song all began with Farrah Fawcett.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

As a teenager I so loved Farrah Fawcett.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Farrah Fawcett portrait at center of legal brawl.

Ryan O'Neal claims he owns one-half of a pair of Farrah Fawcett portraits done by Andy Warhol, but the University of Texas said it belongs to the bequest from the star at the time of her death.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RIP Farrah

Last edited by cindyt; 06-25-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bidmor Guest
    Not to detract from anniversary of MJ's death, but when I heard of the anniversary I immediately recalled that he and Farrah died literally only a few hours and a few miles apart.

I think it's MJ distracting from Farrah's death. ((((Cindy runs))))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    She was so beautiful! I had a Farrah Fawcett doll when I was a kid. I wish I still had it.

That is not the swimsuit she wore..............Clearly that is a different suit....The 1 she wore had black outlines............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The one person I felt bad for in the whole Farrah saga was her father. He had to bury both of his daughters and his wife. The poor man was essentially alone (no close family). I don't know if Farrah's sister had any children, if she did maybe he wasn't totally alone. We certainly know Farrah's useless son was no comfort to her father.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

ladytinamarie Guest
    I remember watching Farrah on Charlie's Angels when I was very young. Actually, it wasn't only Charlie's Angels, she seemed to everywhere back then. She was married to Lee Majors at the time. A few years later, I couldn't stand her and didn't care to hear her name mentioned. I was maybe what is now called a tween then. I'm a blond and couldn't stand the dumb blonde stereotype which, I believed was the role she played on Charlie's Angels. The my family and I watched The Burning Bed and man, did my opinion change. As did, it seemed, everyone else's opinion of her.

Another great movie of hers was Small Sacrifices, she did a fantastic job of portraying Diane Downs. I mean she was spot on in her role. I was a fan of hers from the time we watched The Burning Bed and I always will be. She seemed to be a very sweet lady. RIP Ms Fawcett.

I don't think many people realize just how popular she was in the late 70's. In 1978 a group of mostly males at my high school wanted to start a Farrah Fawcett club. They could not find a teacher to be the club sponsor so it never got started but I have never heard of anyone at any high school since then who wanted to start a high school club for a celebrity.

Charlie's Angels was supposed to be a star vehicle for Kate Jackson, but almost from the start it was Farrah who got all the press. I can remember all the movie and TV magazines had her on the cover.. she was everywhere. I used her shampoo and conditioner ..wished I had saved a bottle ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dffdc973dc1143a804a162d5d81e2dd7.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	51028

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Charlie's Angels was supposed to be a star vehicle for Kate Jackson, but almost from the start it was Farrah who got all the press. I can remember all the movie and TV magazines had her on the cover.. she was everywhere. I used her shampoo and conditioner ..wished I had saved a bottle ! Click image for larger version. 

I don't remember ever seeing shampoo like that. It's odd that she had a line of shampoo with her name on it and also endorsed Wella Balsam shampoo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	188531_original.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	51029
    Last edited by Mammy; 07-05-2014 at 06:58 PM.

I don't think it lasted that long, but I did use it. The last time I bought it was in the 80's, it must have already been off the market, and I got it at a discount drug store.. it was on the bottom shelf and the label had faded, I do wish I had kept it just for nostalgia sake !

Didn't all us girls want hair like Farah's? I know I did. She had the greatest hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And some guys.. I was one of them ! Everyone I knew, guys and girls had that hair style at that time. Then the 80's came and you couldn't spike it high enough.. I invested a lot of money in gel and spray ! LolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	48810993895a66bda0519360723f017a.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	51036
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 07-07-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Does anybody know if her kid is still in the pokey?
    My Posse's On Broadway

I don't think so Shejay. I think he was released in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I don't think so Shejay. I think he was released in 2012.
    Thanks Lovey! I guess not hearing about him in the news is a good thing considering.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Mammy Guest
    Ryan O'Neal was a decent looking guy when he was younger and Farrah was gorgeous. Where in the hell did Opie come from?

Name:	redmond-oneal.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	51050

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Ryan O'Neal was a decent looking guy when he was younger and Farrah was gorgeous. Where in the hell did Opie come from?

Just goes to show that 2 pretty people can have ugly kids. Hell, look at Demi & Bruce's kids. Yikes!

Wow! I had no idea she and Ryan produced such an ugly child. Yikes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Just goes to show that 2 pretty people can have ugly kids. Hell, look at Demi & Bruce's kids. Yikes!
    You definitely have a point there! Ryan's older children are decent looking, but Redmond is goofy looking. I guess Ryan and Farrah weren't a good combination. Demi and Bruce have three of the most homely girls I've ever seen.

Something went horribly wrong ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I am thinking Will and Jada Smith haven't done well either. A daughter that looks like Will isn't a good thing.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Didn't all us girls want hair like Farah's? I know I did. She had the greatest hair.
    It was the nipples that sold the poster though.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

you are so right....Farrah was EVERYWHERE in the late 70's. I can still remember the joke..

Why did Lee Majors fire the plumber ??
    The plumber was caught screwing the wrong FAWCETT !!

Schoolyards, cocktail parties, at work, radio disc jockies..,,it seemed everyone was telling that joke. Then there was the Farrah "look" where women who had her hair style were suddenly cool. Back in 1977 I can remember a small TV station in Virginia had hired a part-time female weather forecaster who had the Farrah Fawcett hairdo. Viewers in my hometown were adjusting their antennas to watch this woman even though as I can recall she was a terrible weathergal and the station signal was very bad..but she looked like Farrah and for many that was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post

I just spit chips out all over my laptop. Opie was cuter, lol!

JAWS1975 Guest
    I impregnated several pillows during my childhood while thinking of Farrah and her winter coat hanging nips.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS1975 View Post
    I impregnated several pillows during my childhood while thinking of Farrah and her winter coat hanging nips.
    So, when your "kids" clash, is it called a pillow fight?
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Gone 10 years today.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    It was the nipples that sold the poster though.
    As a teenager in the 1970s, I can agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    As a teenager in the 1970s, I can agree.
    Every time I see that poster it still has that wow factor.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I can still remember my wife ripping it down from the wall in an private office that I worked in.
    It did have that wow factor - "Wow, she's pissed", I thought.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Were you able to tape it back together after she left ? Lol
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Were you able to tape it back together after she left ? Lol
    Bought a new one.
    Hung it in the men's room for a while; but guys seemed to start spending too much time in there...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Just watched that Doc who does autopsy readings to try and establish what really killed her .He ended up saying that they caught the cancer really early on , but she wouldn't have the resection and didn't want to wear a bag , so it just spread everywhere .Also , they could have used stronger chemo drugs but she didn't want to lose her hair .In the end she shaved her hair but it was too late then . Her friend said that Ryan didn't help - saying you were the girl in the red swimsuit - you can't wear a bag ! how fucking unkind can you be ?He should have said , look you'll likely live if you have it , please reconsider we need you .

She should have avoided him at all costs. She was outgoing, in control of herself but when she hooked up with him it all seemed to go south.

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Just watched that Doc who does autopsy readings to try and establish what really killed her .He ended up saying that they caught the cancer really early on , but she wouldn't have the resection and didn't want to wear a bag , so it just spread everywhere .Also , they could have used stronger chemo drugs but she didn't want to lose her hair .In the end she shaved her hair but it was too late then . Her friend said that Ryan didn't help - saying you were the girl in the red swimsuit - you can't wear a bag ! how fucking unkind can you be ?He should have said , look you'll likely live if you have it , please reconsider we need you .
    didn't she also do a lot of 'experimental' therapy in europe too? i remember she had a little documentary that was made and released either right before she passed, or shortly after, and she was travelling a lot for these treatments.