Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Paula Deen Just Make Ya'll Sick Ya'll?

John Connor Guest
    I hope everybody here is not as sterile about screwing as they are about eating.

Gonzo- LMAO!!!!!! Too funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

GODDESS6 Guest
    finger licking aside, i love paula~ watch her all the time~ i just bought a set of her pans last night~ can't wait to use them~

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I hope everybody here is not as sterile about screwing as they are about eating.
    That is strange, how someone tasting something with a spoon and putting the spoon back in the pot seems gross, but in bed it's "Katie bar the door?"

Layla331 Guest
    I like her..shes a character..and although she may put on a bit with the ya'lls etc..it works..the woman is a multi millionaire..id say ya'll 100 times a day if it worked for me..look at larry the cable guy...he doesnt talk like he does in his act AT all...but its a character and it works...there was just a big article on the foodnetwork "chefs" and how its mostly for entertainment..i think its fun..just my opinion

Sam Guest
    Maybe that's what I should do.
    Have a cooking show called "The Flaming Faggot" and act like Jack McFarland and punctuate every other word with "GIRL!" and Flambé everything including corn bread.
    I'll bet I could think of a lot of uses for butter Paula Dean ain't talked about on Tee Vee y'all.

kimba Guest
    I loves her, y'all

But she better not lick her fingers and stick 'em in MY food

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I think ya'll are right!
    LMAOOOOOOOO............ya`ll are bad

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Have a cooking show called "The Flaming Faggot" and act like Jack McFarland and punctuate every other word with "GIRL!" and Flambé everything including corn bread.
    I'll bet I could think of a lot of uses for butter Paula Dean ain't talked about on Tee Vee y'all.
    I'd totally watch that!

Meli Guest
    It even bugs me on "Will & Grace" when Will tastes whatever it is he's cooking and sticks the spoon back in the pot, and he's CUTE!

lmfao

TallulahDahling Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemetry Gates View Post
    I'd totally watch that!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    finger licking aside, i love paula~ watch her all the time~ i just bought a set of her pans last night~ can't wait to use them~

Ohhhh Im in the market for some new pans, that are good... os let me know how they work out for ya, pleassssssse

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    Oooh, do let me know how they turn out! I've seen her pans, and I would LOVE to buy them, and if they're good quality, it'll give me more motivation to get rid of my old, craptastic pots and pans and buy new.

Sam Guest
    GIRL! I bought a whole set of those Cajun assed guy's pans, Emereile, Esmirelda? or something like that and they ain't worth shit, GIRL!

Meli Guest
    GIRL! I bought a whole set of those Cajun assed guy's pans, Emereile, Esmirelda? or something like that and they ain't worth shit, GIRL!

*crossing those pans off of my list* Thanks Sam lol

Dixie Girl Guest
    I used the Paula Dean pans--they were on sale--I rather like them. Not to say that any other stainless steel non stick pan won't work just as well.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I don't mind Paula but it does disturb me that she sticks her fingers in stuff. I mean, I do that, but I don't cook on TV. Plus, if you watch me cook, you can see I wash my hands every 30 seconds.

She is very attractive for a lady of her age, and has a great smile, too. She just needs to turn down the Southern Belle thing and get her damn fingers out of the food.

I cant stand her but Id do her sons.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Heh! Have I told you lately, Ich, I love you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Heh! Have I told you lately, Ich, I love you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnx3l...eature=related
    I Love You!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I'll bet they taste just like butter!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    WORD

She sells a line of pans at Wal-Mart and me and my mom saw them and laughed our asses off at the "Hoe cake" pan. I guess I'm not Southern enough to know what a hoe cake is (my mom is a Yankee so she's useless), but we did have fun imagining what they are.

All I could think of was I'm Gonna Git You Sucka and the whole "Hoes gotta eat too".
    Last edited by MagneticElectric; 05-23-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Sam Guest
    I'm not even sure I know what "Hoe Cakes" are. Is it some kind of corn bread?
    Last edited by Sam; 05-24-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Dixie Girl Guest
    Hoe cakes are a thin type of cornbread, fried in a pan. Way back when, it was sometimes cooked on a hoe in the middle of an open fire.Some people also make biscuits in that same fashion (not as good though). It's basically just a round skillet.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    LMAOOOOOOOO............ya`ll are bad
    Ya'll...I'm so bad I'm good darlin!

kandykisses Guest
    OMG!!!
    She's been on the "Today" show all morning every other word out of her mouth is "Ya'll".

I've lived in the South most of my life and I've never heard anyone sound as HICK as she does.

I think all that "Ya'll" shit is an act. What do "Ya'll" think?
    I like her. I also like her recipes. The cook I skeeve is Rachael Ray. Watching her cook and the shit makes -I want to throw up. She has the grossest recipes.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    My guilty pleasure is Sandra Lee. She is cray cray!

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetry Gates View Post
    My guilty pleasure is Sandra Lee. She is cray cray!
    I like her, but her "tablescapes" are too funny!

Becia Guest
    After I have fallen out of my chair reading this thread, I will chime in with a "Ya'll, I hate her!" My parents absolutely LOVE her, and i can't stand a single thing she's made that I've seen. My father tried to pressure me into making something he saw on her show once, and lets just say that went over like a lead balloon. So did the Emeril things...I'm sorry, I have no need for essence, or wearing a towel on my shoulder, or yelling "BAM!" while cooking.

Now give me some Guy Fieri... That cat can COOK. I've made several of his dishes, never been disappointed. So he says "That's Money" and "Off the hook" a lot...I can ignore that based on the fact he is hot, knows good music and cars, he's hott, came through my hometown on his DDD show, he's f'ing HOTTT, and his stuff is just rad.

Did I mention I find him hot?

trose Guest
    Becia,

Is Guy Fieri hot? I heard he was...

Seriously, I love Guy's cooking too - he's funny and his recipes taste good. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I like her. I also like her recipes. The cook I skeeve is Rachael Ray. Watching her cook and the shit makes -I want to throw up. She has the grossest recipes.
    Rachael Rays voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. That alone keeps me away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fake or not, I like Paula Deen. She reminds me of my granny. The butter thing is a little too much to take though.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Becia Guest
    Yep, he's HOTTTTTTT! Yes, I like me some Fieri. His drink recipes are delish.

And I can't stand Rachael Ray either...I remember watching one of her specials (I think it was Thanksgiving), and every other sentance was "We're apple people!" Apples was the theme of the food... now I can't think of apples (nor buy them in the store) without wanting to scream "We're apple people!"

And of course, where i'm at now is the apple capital of Ohio...*rolls eyes*

laynesgrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Nope am a Southern gal too and I kind of like her and I have a very big potty mouth and maybe she is puttn on the drawl a little thick and maybe not lol Depends how deep in Ok she was raised?
    What's the big deal about sayin' y'all???? If we ever have a death hag get together, y'all are in for it!!!!

rickenbacker Guest
    Hmmm. Flambe. Doesn't that mean "set on fire"? Here's the extent of my cooking skills. Open can. Dump in bowl. Set microwave on 1:30. DING!

But...flame burned cornbread...I'm intrigued. I think I'd like it!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynesgrl View Post
    What's the big deal about sayin' y'all???? If we ever have a death hag get together, y'all are in for it!!!!
    I know. I say ya'll quite a bit.

Sam Guest
    Most people from the South say y'all, but I don't say it every other word like she does!

Example;
    Y'all most people y'all from the South y'all say y'all, but y'all I don't say it y'all every other word y'all like she does y'all!

laynesgrl Guest
    I guess I'm just gonna have to break down and watch her show to see what all the fuss is about then!!

Quote Originally Posted by laynesgrl View Post
    I guess I'm just gonna have to break down and watch her show to see what all the fuss is about then!!
    Be prepared for your cholesterol to rise.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

laynesgrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Be prepared for your cholesterol to rise.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that!!!! I love butter!!!

John Connor Guest
    I wonder what the Canadian equivalent of y'all would be. Youse guys?

Seagorath Guest
    I'm from Georgia...so I love Paula. Don't understand the fuss...the food is good...The End.

Dixie Girl Guest
    Ok, never having sat through a show of hers until today, I tried watching it. She does lay on the good ol girl act a bit much, but what the hell..it appears to sell. BTW, I tried making the decadent brownies and they were fabulous. Not even that much butter!

She doesnt make me sick, she makes me HUNGRY!!!

Sam Guest
    I started a low fat diet Tuesday, so I'm not even allowed to watch her anymore, the fat content from her recipes will leak through the TV screen....y'all.
    I can just see the butter and the lard oozing out and coming in through my pores!

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'm from Georgia...so I love Paula. Don't understand the fuss...the food is good...The End.

Of course she doesn't bother you. You two have the same accent. LOL

Guest Guest
    I haven't watched her in so long, but now cause of this thread I've been catching a few episodes here and there!!

The other night she did a grilling episode and made homemade pizza on the grill (NO BUTTER IN THE RECIPE) which I am going to try!

The way she talks kind of reminds me of
    Scarlett O'Hara in the movie: Gone with the Wind.

Guest Guest
    Butter O'Hara