Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Paula Deen Just Make Ya'll Sick Ya'll?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    The girl in the travon martin says white ass cracker isn't racist and people rally to support her, Paula said the N word 30 years ago, says she was sorry and everybody is hell bent on destroying her career
    ITA

Forever-27 Guest
    Since Walmart and Target have dumped anything to do with Paula deen, I'm expecting them to also ban movies and cd's that use the same offensive word also

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Since Walmart and Target have dumped anything to do with Paula deen, I'm expecting them to also ban movies and cd's that use the same offensive word also
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1003977_522819487772578_2081901181_n.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	47280

You'll be waiting a long time for that one since those are covered by artistic license. Completely different than hate speech directed at an individual or race.

Forever-27 Guest
    Breaks my heart Deb, looks like I still won't ever step one foot inside a Wal Mart store. I hate their company anyways. However the chains could refuse to sell them, we both know due to the leftist double standard, that won't happen

I'm blaming all this on the Democrats. Hell, we get the blame for everything these days, anyway! *snickers*

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I'm blaming all this on the Democrats. Hell, we get the blame for everything these days, anyway! *snickers*
    ((((Snort)))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    She had diabetes for 3 years (I think) before she said anything in public. That was my first problem with her. She's sick, and continues her show making the most unhealthy food you could throw a cooking pot at. You know, so anyone who followed her show can maybe get sick too. It's all in the sharing. Money Money Money. I think she's as full o' shit as they come and that phony no-tears crying from the interview the other day stamps it in gold for me. Wanted to add....the reason the diabetes/cooking show pisses me off so bad is that there is no way she could eat her own shit and survive. Not for long anyway.
    I was really trying to muster up some sort of sympathy for Paula's situation until I saw that horrible Today show interview. I am never moved by crocodile tears, especially fake ones. What really put the entire interview over the top for me was when she said "I is what I is"...really Paula? That line is from a racist joke called "Black or White God?" Google it. Even in her so-called apologetic state she got one off and a lot of people bought the bullshit hook, line and sinker. Nice Southern lady my ass. She is well aware of what she's done in the past and continues to do.

Taggerez Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I do like Alec Baldwin & yes he has anger issues but since we're on the hypocritical subject, Capital One should drop Alec Baldwin for whatever his anti-gay rant was on twitter

PS Mind you I don't give two shits about who is gay .... but its only fair
    GLAAD gave Baldwin a platform to "explain" himself and then stated that his comments brought attention to the terribleness of such comments, calling him an "ally!" So, going by that logic, Paula Deen should be congratulated for bringing attention to using the word nigger.

What we have is the liberal double standard --hypocrisy-- at work. GLAAD has crushed people for saying things far less objectionable (and far more reasonable) than Baldwin, but are fast to forgive their liberal "ally."

Had Paula Deen called someone a creepy cracker, she'd still be on the Food Network and her products would still be sold in target and Walmart.
    Last edited by Taggerez; 06-30-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    I was really trying to muster up some sort of sympathy for Paula's situation until I saw that horrible Today show interview. I am never moved by crocodile tears, especially fake ones. What really put the entire interview over the top for me was when she said "I is what I is"...really Paula? That line is from a racist joke called "Black or White God?" Google it. Even in her so-called apologetic state she got one off and a lot of people bought the bullshit hook, line and sinker. Nice Southern lady my ass. She is well aware of what she's done in the past and continues to do.
    Popeye was right beside it. I know the way Popeye said it And what's more, I don't know what her intention was. I've said all along that if she was racist, it's on her, it's certainly not up to me to judge her. I don't know her heart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I despise racism. I also bemieve that Paula Deen should be held accountable for her actions and words. At the same time, I'm sick of the hypocrisy from some on the other side, especially this man. Deen gets ripped off of TV while he gets a gig on MSNBC. Hypocritical much, huh?

Name:	1012358_359223157542471_1549693114_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	47284

Forever-27 Guest
    All I pointed out was the double standard. I never watched her show on food. She said it 30 years ago, her background shows she isn't a racist. Not even NBC got it this bad when they doctored the 911 call for their nightly news, blantly trying to start a race. War and make the public think that kid was shot because he was black. I admire paula for being honest, someday if and when I ever get back to Georgia again, I may eat at her resturant. She's being raked over the coals over this and I don't think its fair

lisalouver Guest
    I am in total agreement with you here.

radiojane Guest
    I find it amazing how fast people can tie anything into their political rhetoric, connected or not. You guys must rock a game of six degrees of separation.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    We all judge people everyday in some form or fashion whether it's intentional or not. Paula is no exception. If some people don't seem to want to "get" what is going on with this whole situation then so be it. But please don't pretend that racism has died a natural death because it hasn't and probably never will.

I think Paula Deen probably has an attitude towards black people that is very similar to my mom. My mom grew up in inner city Milwaukee and has a pretty general negative impression of black people because of it. She uses the N word frequently to this day. She recognizes that they are not all alike, and when she ran her business, she always treated everyone equally and with respect. It never changed her underlying feelings however- and she is too stubborn to ever change. I'm not saying it makes it right, but I think I understand that even though Paula Deen employs black people, and speaks with them every day, she probably has never gotten over the latent prejudices she was born with, and they will spill out from time to time. Of course, I learned at my mother's knee, and I sometimes end up feeling the same way. I don't use the "N" word however- I did when I was younger and didn't know any better. I've grown out of it though and recognize the difference between my mother and myself.

I don't think I have every watched Paula Deen- I usually don't watch cooking shows- I always thought she was cute as a button though. I don't think she should be getting the crucifixion she is getting at all.

I can't believe I am actually in agreement with Jesse Jackson on something. Maybe hell has frozen over?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Bayou Queen Guest
    We all judge people everyday in some form or fashion whether it's intentional or not. Paula is no exception. If some people don't seem to want to "get" what is going on with this whole situation then so be it. But please don't pretend that racism has died a natural death because it hasn't and probably never will.
    I agree my love, it is alive and well and some people still see skin color instead of someones heart. It's a word, that is used too often. No one would have blinked an eye had she called him a MotherF***er, thus insinuating him having sex with his Mother.

PurrPurr Guest
    I don't care if someone is black, white, yellow, red, gay, straight, swings both ways, fat, skinny, able bodied, disabled, male or female. At the end of the day, we all bleed the same color.

While I don't condone any kind of intolerance, I do think this whole thing was blown out of proportion, considering degrees of hypocrisy in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I don't care if someone is black, white, yellow, red, gay, straight, swings both ways, fat, skinny, able bodied, disabled, male or female. At the end of the day, we all bleed the same color.

While I don't condone any kind of intolerance, I do think this whole thing was blown out of proportion, considering degrees of hypocrisy in other areas.
    Intolerant of intolerance, shame on you! (Sorry but I had too )

endsleigh03 Guest
    This. It's the pretending that bothers me the most and it is all over the place.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I'm a bad bad girl...*hangs head in shame*

Stu Pidasso Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I find it amazing how fast people can tie anything into their political rhetoric, connected or not. You guys must rock a game of six degrees of separation.
    I'm always surprised by people who can't (or refuse to) detect the obvious political connections even when they loom up like the Rock of Gibraltar.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...aula_deen.html

Forgive me if this has been posted already!

I find it funny that Paula Deen does not even call the man a ngger to his face yet Martin's illiterate friend calls white people "creepy ass cracker" to his, their face, and no one bats an eye
    Last edited by Tiffany; 06-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    YES.

I don't think it's so much "get it" as an opposing opinion, and we all are entitled.

I realize--if what we are hearing is true--she has absolutely no excuse this day and age.

I also know that racism is still alive,

She apologized. Many don't think she meant it. No one knows that. She may just be sorry she got caught. IDK. You don't know. No one knows but her and God.

At any rate, she is paying a price whether guilty or innocent, or a combo of both, while Mel Gibson goes on making movies and Don Inmus goes on doing his bit, and Anne Perry writes her books and her house publishes them, and et al whatevah.. It's not right. But most things aren't right and that is the trouble of the world.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-30-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Alycat32 Guest
    It's amazing, that a few of the ppl I've seen get all up in arms about this and not let it go, regularly use the word "retarded" and "gay" when describing someone stupid, and fag when describing someone gay. I'm not offended super easily, but I find it strange they are ok using other hurtful, controversial words but if a word offends them the world must revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat32 View Post
    It's amazing, that a few of the ppl I've seen get all up in arms about this and not let it go, regularly use the word "retarded" and "gay" when describing someone stupid, and fag when describing someone gay. I'm not offended super easily, but I find it strange they are ok using other hurtful, controversial words but if a word offends them the world must revolt.
    Like I've said numerous times in this thread, HYPOCRITES. They just have nothing better to do than complain about something that means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Apparently racism is a single edged sword for many people.
    That is exactly correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Where did the story come from that Paula said the "n" word over 20 years ago? I'm asking because I just read Lisa Jackson's complaint, and she states the words were uttered during her employment between 2005 to 2010. Not exactly 20 years ago according to my math.

And if anyone reads the complaint, and if it's accurate, Paula's brother Bubba comes out looking a lot worse (most of the complaints are against Bubba).
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Where did the story come from that Paula said the "n" word over 20 years ago? I'm asking because I just read Lisa Jackson's complaint, and she states the words were uttered during her employment between 2005 to 2010. Not exactly 20 years ago according to my math.

And if anyone reads the complaint, and if it's accurate, Paula's brother Bubba comes out looking a lot worse (most of the complaints are against Bubba).
    I haven't read it but I have seen on multiple websites and facebook postings that the actual complaint about Paula is over 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    I haven't read it but I have seen on multiple websites and facebook postings that the actual complaint about Paula is over 20 years old.
    She admitted using it when a black man held a gun to her head during a bank robbery. I'll try to find a link. BTW I've heard it was 20 years, 27 years, and 30 years. http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...en-deposition/
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-01-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

She didn't even say it to his damn face!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He had a gun pulled on her..

it's so fucked up, we don't even hear what the fuck ole bubba did in the media. it's all about paula. fucking media

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yeah. We don't tolerate any kind of intolerance here.

And, we don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly either, to paraphrase South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    She admitted using it when a black man held a gun to her head during a bank robbery. I'll try to find a link. BTW I've heard it was 20 years, 27 years, and 30 years. http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...en-deposition/
    Surely she didn't do it while the gun was held to her head?

I don't think I'd be slinging insults at a moment like that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thanks for the link Cindy. I was confusing Paula's deposition and Lisa Jackson's complaint.
    Cindy

Mammy Guest
    This week's edition of People, Us Magazine, and In Touch all have articles if anyone is interested in reading them.

My husband and I were standing in the checkout line at Target yesterday afternoon and I had bought copies of all three above mentioned magazines. I wanted to read more about Paula Deen and People magazine also had an article about Skylar Neese's murder that I wanted to read. As the cashier was scanning our items, she saw the magazines and told us, "Target will be discontinuing Paula Deen items and we will be having a really good sale and what is in stock." I realize this girl was no doubt coached to tell customers this, but it really irritated me for some reason. I can't stand Martha Stewart's snooty ass, but she served prison time and wasn't put through everything Paula Deen has been and still has her product line. If people choose not to buy Paula Deen's merchandise, that is their decision, but I'm a big girl and would like to make my own decision instead of stores deciding for me. This whole thing has gotten entirely out of hand. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    This week's edition of People, Us Magazine, and In Touch all have articles if anyone is interested in reading them.

My husband and I were standing in the checkout line at Target yesterday afternoon and I had bought copies of all three above mentioned magazines. I wanted to read more about Paula Deen and People magazine also had an article about Skylar Neese's murder that I wanted to read. As the cashier was scanning our items, she saw the magazines and told us, "Target will be discontinuing Paula Deen items and we will be having a really good sale and what is in stock." I realize this girl was no doubt coached to tell customers this, but it really irritated me for some reason. I can't stand Martha Stewart's snooty ass, but she served prison time and wasn't put through everything Paula Deen has been and still has her product line. If people choose not to buy Paula Deen's merchandise, that is their decision, but I'm a big girl and would like to make my own decision instead of stores deciding for me. This whole thing has gotten entirely out of hand. IMO
    Martha Stewart's recipes always confused the shit out of me. And ITA, she went to prison for crying out loud. I would think Deen's merchandise would be pricy and not discounted simply because fans may be trying to snatch it all up.

Mammy Guest
    I've never liked Martha Stewart and wouldn't buy anything with her name on it just because I don't like her. I know that's ignorant, but it's just the way I feel. I'm not going to put money into the pockets of someone I don't like. That being said, there are plenty of people who do like her obviously and choose to buy her merchandise and that's fine, it's their choice. Her merchandise shouldn't be pulled because some people don't like her and Paula Deen's merchandise shouldn't be discontinued because she pissed off some people. If they don't like her, they don't have to buy her stuff, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't still be available for other people who do still want to buy it. People buy products from companies every day of their lives and have no idea what their money may be supporting, but you can bet there are some things that people wouldn't like if they knew about it.

I've never liked Martha Stewart and wouldn't buy anything with her name on it just because I don't like her. I know that's ignorant, but it's just the way I feel. I'm not going to put money into the pockets of someone I don't like. That being said, there are plenty of people who do like her obviously and choose to buy her merchandise and that's fine, it's their choice. Her merchandise shouldn't be pulled because some people don't like her and Paula Deen's merchandise shouldn't be discontinued because she pissed off some people. If they don't like her, they don't have to buy her stuff, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't still be available for other people who do still want to buy it. People buy products from companies every day of their lives and have no idea what their money may be supporting, but you can bet there are some things that people wouldn't like if they knew about it.
    Exactly. If you don't like her, don't buy it. But from a supply and demand standpoint, I would think her items would be in higher demand from her fans simply because it may never be produced again. Yet Target is putting it on clearance, and lowering the price. If I were Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I would wait to see if the stuff clears out on its own before reducing the price. There are people out there who will still buy her products because they like her.

I went to the QVC forum and there are several PD threads there. Some QVC buyers are saying they will never buy from QVC again if they cut Paula Deen.

Mammy Guest
    Yes, the cashier said they were going to be putting it on sale, but I took that to mean they haven't done it yet. We were checking out and I didn't go look. It's strange to me that I never cared about Paula Deen one way or the other. I've never watched her show or bought any of her products or really paid any attention to her at all until all of this started. All of the hoopla is likely causing other people to pay attention to her that also never gave her a passing thought before. I've seen lots of Facebook things about her that I've never seen before and I didn't go looking for them either.

Yes, the cashier said they were going to be putting it on sale, but I took that to mean they haven't done it yet. We were checking out and I didn't go look. It's strange to me that I never cared about Paula Deen one way or the other. I've never watched her show or bought any of her products or really paid any attention to her at all until all of this started. All of the hoopla is likely causing other people to pay attention to her that also never gave her a passing thought before. I've seen lots of Facebook things about her that I've never seen before and I didn't go looking for them either.
    I hear ya. I just caught her now and then when I'd go down to fetch my supper. Sissy loves cooking shows. I've never been one to watch. I like drama stories, not watching some chick whipping up something I'm never going to eat.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    There's no shortage of drama with her now. Lol Nah, I know exactly what you mean. I don't care about cooking shows either because I hate to cook. The woman said some things she shouldn't have just like everyone else on the planet has at one time or the other. I think trying to totally destroy her life over it is ridiculous.

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Exactly. If you don't like her, don't buy it. But from a supply and demand standpoint, I would think her items would be in higher demand from her fans simply because it may never be produced again. Yet Target is putting it on clearance, and lowering the price. If I were Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I would wait to see if the stuff clears out on its own before reducing the price. There are people out there who will still buy her products because they like her.

I went to the QVC forum and there are several PD threads there. Some QVC buyers are saying they will never buy from QVC again if they cut Paula Deen.
    On the other hand, if people were smart, they'd run to Target and buy out all her books on clearance, and sell them for a ton on eBay.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Put a gun to my head and I'll call you the worse possible name I can think of. After the gun is gone that is.

Quote Originally Posted by dcg76 View Post
    On the other hand, if people were smart, they'd run to Target and buy out all her books on clearance, and sell them for a ton on eBay.
    Very true. Good point.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Put a gun to my head and I'll call you the worse possible name I can think of. After the gun is gone that is.
    That's the truth if I've ever heard it! A loaded gun pointed at your head would definitely make your manners go away.

I saw the Mel Brooks thread and it got me thinking. How many times was the word nigger used in "Blazing Saddles?" I realize it is an old movie and things were different then, but Paula Deen talking about the robber putting a gun to her head was an old event, too. What's the difference? I've never heard anyone call Mel Brooks racist or expect people to boycott his movies.

Jacksmum Guest

Name:	Paula Dean.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	47323

Mammy Guest
    Like ^^^