Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dearly Departed Tours - What Did You Think?

The NBS house is one of the few things I stumbled upon when I first moved to L.A. and my friend and I randomly drove around. We also managed to find OJs street but his mansion was gone by then I believe.

I am kicking myself in the ass every day that I didn't find about this Scott and his tour before I moved back from l.a. This would have been a MUST DO! I want to get back out there and visit friends, and this tour will definitely be on my schedule. In fact it's probably the most important thing on my schedule and will be the first thing booked!

How about the Hollywood house where L.A. radio personality Harvey Miller murdered his wife, Mary Gladys Miller, on May 7, 1971?

SweetLittleQueen Guest
    I took the tour back in 2008, loved it! Scott was great! Hi Scott!

Blonde Guest
    I did this tour back in 2011 and loved the shit out of it! It was the best tour out of all the ones I went on during my 2 short weeks in California. I was on my own and had no wheels so I went on a lot, you can really tell the difference between tour guides who don't know their stuff and are out for your dollar and the ones who genuinely love Hollywood history. This was the latter, so much fun and from a knowledgeable source!!

ktkatinmn Guest
    I had to say...that is how I found FAD too...although I did know I was a death hag...I just didn't know there was a name for it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

I didn't even know that I was a Death Hag until I did a search for "Jayne Mansfield" on a rainy Sunday afternoon; and found FAD.

luckyinlove Guest
    Going on the tour tomorrow. Can't wait!

luckyinlove Guest

We had a blast!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. That's a lovely facade with it's intricate molding.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

If I survive long enough to take my dream trip to California I will definitely take Scott's tour. It would be the number one thing I'd like to do.

luckyinlove Guest
    It's totally worth the trip!

11. 11-15-2017, 03:06 AM

Spammer
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-03-2018 at 05:48 AM.

I took the Helter Skelter tour and the Dearly Departed tour back in 2016 and loved them both. I think the highlight for me was meeting Scott and chatting with him, as you can tell I'm a huge fan. The Helter Skelter tour was very interesting and I loved seeing the actual locations that the events actually happened at or in, it felt like following in the footsteps of Manson. The Dearly Departed tour was awesome, so cool to see the actual locations of events, something I will probably only get to do once it my lifetime. The best part of this was seeing where some of the famous people are laid to rest such as Marilyn Monroe. I would highly recommend both of these tours, loved them.

14. 12-20-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    It's totally worth the trip!
    As a bonus, the new location is across the street from Hollywood Forever. An additional bonus with the Tragical History Tour is that the 'restroom stop' is now Westwood Village Memorial Park.

16. 01-07-2020, 06:15 AM

17. 06-19-2020, 05:40 PM