Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacy Peterson

Guest Guest

Stacy Peterson

I personally cannot understand why it took them THIS long? This cops entire history is so shady..unfortunately I believe she is dead but maybe now the family can get some closure

BOLINGBROOK | Stacy a 'potential homicide'; 3rd wife murdered?

November 10, 2007
    BY DAN ROZEK AND STEFANO ESPOSITO Staff Reporters
    Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson has cast himself as a misunderstood man whose young, pretty wife simply left him -- possibly for another man.
    On Friday, Peterson officially became a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance, in a case that's now labeled a "potential homicide," authorities said Friday.
    » Click to enlarge image
    Stacy Peterson, 23, of Bolingbrook, Ill., and her husband, Drew Peterson, 53, a police officer with the Bolingbrook Police Department. Stacy was reported missing on Oct. 29.
    (AP/Family of Stacy Peterson)

RELATED STORIES

"Right now, Drew Peterson has gone from a person of interest to clearly being a suspect," State Police Capt. Carl Dobrich said during a news conference that marked a dramatic shift in two cases involving the suburban cop.
    The announcement came hours after a Will County judge ordered the body of Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, exhumed so investigators can re-examine her mysterious 2004 bathtub death, which prosecutors said now appears to be a murder, not an accident.
    Savio was found dead March 1, 2004, in the bathtub of her Bolingbrook home. Her death initially was labeled an accident, but after Stacy Peterson's Oct. 28 disappearance, authorities reviewed Savio's death.
    "There are strong indications it was a homicide," Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow said, contending that Savio's body needs to be exhumed for more detailed forensic testing that could help determine whether the accident was staged.
    Also Friday, the Sun-Times learned from a source close to the Bolingbrook Police Department that an internal investigation of that agency is under way to determine whether there was a "cover-up" or any other kind of mishandling of the Savio case.
    Authorities stopped short Friday of calling Drew Peterson a suspect in Savio's death, which happened months after Peterson had divorced her and married Stacy Peterson, his fourth wife.
    Hearing that Drew Peterson is now considered a suspect in Stacy Peterson's disappearance, her relatives wrestled with conflicting emotions -- both joy and dread.
    "This is the first step in the direction we need to go," said family spokeswoman Pam Bosco. "Those words only mean we most likely won't see Stacy again. That's the saddest part of this."
    But the change in the nature of the case reinforces their knowledge that Stacy wouldn't have vanished voluntarily.
    "We always felt she did not run off as he'd been saying. She loved her family too much," Bosco said.
    The 23-year-old Stacy disappeared two weeks ago. Worried family members -- not Drew Peterson -- reported her missing at 4 a.m. on Oct. 29, launching a search that has found no trace of her.
    The decision to name Peterson, 53, a suspect in his wife's disappearance indicates investigators have evidence that Stacy Peterson is likely dead, sources said.
    Summoned Wednesday before a Will County grand jury, Peterson answered virtually none of the questions put to him, sources said. Two sons from Drew Peterson's third marriage have been questioned but provided little information to investigators, sources said.
    Peterson hasn't provided any information to investigators since a search of his home Nov. 1, Dobrich said. Police searched the home a second time earlier this week.
    Authorities would say little about what led them to view Peterson as a suspect in his wife's disappearance, though cell phone records are believed to be a key part of their case, including records of the purported last call made from Stacy to her husband Oct. 28.
    Peterson also has been vague about where he went and what he did that day, a source said.
    "His timeline doesn't make sense," a law enforcement source said.
    Officials were more forthcoming about Savio's death, saying a review of the evidence indicated she couldn't have accidentally fallen and drowned in her bathtub.
    In a court petition seeking to exhume her body, Glasgow wrote that a gash on the back of her head "did not render her unconscious, which would have been necessary for her to accidentally drown."
    Late Friday, Bolingbrook police suspended Drew Peterson without pay and announced an internal review that could result in him being fired, though he is due to retire next month. Bolingbrook Police Chief Ray McGury said the suspension is not related to Peterson being a labeled a suspect but was based on an unrelated internal investigation.
    Peterson couldn't be reached Friday. His attorneys declined late Friday to comment on the case.

RoRo Guest
    Amazing case!!

Moral of the story here: DON'T MARRY A MAN NAMED PETERSON!

Drew Peterson
    Scott Peterson
    Michael Peterson

Kinda makes you go....hmmmm.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post

Drew Peterson
    Scott Peterson
    Michael Peterson

or a cop who's 3rd wife "mysteriously" died?!!!

this guy is going down!

Yeah- or that too.

Kathyf Guest

Drew Peterson
    Scott Peterson
    Michael Peterson

I was just telling my husband that same thing. I live about 15 minutes from where this is in Bolingbrook. I wanted to go see the area but my husband said not a good idea,
    . I think he killed her too.she was really too young for him, given his history.

Guest Guest
    How fucking romantic..."If I can't have you then no one will!"
    That smarmy fucker killed her and he knows he did and he's either gonna crack or they are going to find her body...he's got her well hidden that's for sure! But looks like the last wife is gonna tell the story of what he did

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    I was just telling my husband that same thing. I live about 15 minutes from where this is in Bolingbrook. I wanted to go see the area but my husband said not a good idea,
    . I think he killed her too.she was really too young for him, given his history.
    You think your husband killed her?

deathybrad Guest
    I heard they're exhuming the body of his 3rd wife to re-open the case. One way or the other he's going away for the rest of his life. I was kinda shocked by the age difference, anyone else?

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I heard they're exhuming the body of his 3rd wife to re-open the case. One way or the other he's going away for the rest of his life. I was kinda shocked by the age difference, anyone else?
    Way too young he met her at 17 and she adopted his late wifes kids those poor kids. They have a baby too . She is 23 I think. I think I will go tomorrow I want to see Mark Furman and Greta from Fox.

deathybrad Guest
    If I were a little closer to you than central Iowa I'd go with you.

Kathyf Guest
    Lol I have to go I just want to see it. I know it sounds bad but just to see everyone i watch on TV

ifpgzflyed Guest
    Oh, this guy makes my skin crawl. Out of curiousity (and because this has the makings of the next LACI......full and unrelenting media coverage) I have been hooked. I drove out to the Bolingbrook IKEA on Monday night and it got the better of me........set the gps to Pheasant Chase Court. My death partner/sister was going 'GOOSE CHASE' until we turned on Pheasant Chase Drive. There was a portable light mounted on a 25-30 ft. pole and media vans everywhere (CBS, ABC, WGN, NBC) and reporters freezing their butts off waiting for the 10pm newscast. Cops were there keeping the peace. We did a turn around the cul de sac and other than reporters looking inside our car with disappointment, no one said anything to us. Since then, this case has just picked up more steam.
    I'm going to try to get out to Queen of Heaven tomorrow. I am guessing #3 (Kathleen Salvio) is going to be exhumed fast. They'll probably do it before the gates open on Monday.
    BTW, I did a little snooping. The Pheasant Chase house appears to be the one where Salvio died. The CLTV online report had a close up of the death cert. Bad karma.
    Last edited by ifpgzflyed; 11-11-2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: minor clean-up

Kathyf Guest
    I'm gald to know this. I just want to see the reporters. LOL

tensecondstolove Guest
    Isn't this the second or even third wife that has gone missing (murdered by their husband) in Illinois in the past year? Geez....

Guest Guest
    the wife just before this girl was found dead in her bathtub...hmmm? and they were going thru a nasty divorce and she had filed protection orders against him...this this wife had made statements that if anything should happen to her he's to blame etc

men like him make me sick...smarmy...tough guy....control freak....wtf? dude you say she left you? so what's with the bandanna why not let the kids talk to investigors?? 30 year age difference...so in other words he's a child molester! I hope they find her body soon and lay her to rest then nail him for both her's and his 3rd wifes deaths!

That coward will kill himself before he goes to prison. To be a cop behind bars is worse than death in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    That coward will kill himself before he goes to prison. To be a cop behind bars is worse than death in his eyes.
    No, he seems too arrogant to do this. He probably thinks he will get away with it.

carrieann Guest
    They have a daughter, who they named Lacie Peterson.

Wow. That's pretty cool. If you can give me a update now and then. Id rather hear it from you than the news. You are close enough that you can hear the talk in the town that the media won't report

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    The age diff is sorta gross...given how young 23 is compared to 53.

My mom always has said "Love lights on horseshit".
    I don't know EXACTLY what she means by that but it came to mind right away.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 11-12-2007 at 10:11 AM.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    the wife just before this girl was found dead in her bathtub...hmmm? and they were going thru a nasty divorce and she had filed protection orders against him...this this wife had made statements that if anything should happen to her he's to blame etc

men like him make me sick...smarmy...tough guy....control freak....wtf? dude you say she left you? so what's with the bandanna why not let the kids talk to investigors?? 30 year age difference...so in other words he's a child molester! I hope they find her body soon and lay her to rest then nail him for both her's and his 3rd wifes deaths!
    I wonder why he got away with getting a 17 year old pregnant and not being chargered as a pedophile? What was wrong with her wanting anything to do with a married man that is old enough to be her father
    I seen on the news last week her cousin, and she said they have come to terms with her being dead and at this point are focusing on finding her body so they can lay her to rest.Sad story. I hope they put Drew a Bath Peterson in jail for the murders of both his wife's.SICKO I go to another blog questionablebehavior.com the lady has wrote up some pretty good stuff about the case you should check it out.

Kathyf Guest
    They are exhuming his 3rd wifes body. I saw them take out the coffin on TV It's right near my house but I was too tired to go.

WendyK Guest
    How creepy is it that they have a daughter named Lacie? I wonder if they did that on purpose considering she is only 2 yr's old......

Drew Peterson
    Scott Peterson
    Michael Peterson

LMAO!!!! good one.

Kathyf Guest
    I did not hear that yes very creepy.

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if "Peterson" is a "cursed" name, myself!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if "Peterson" is a "cursed" name, myself!

I am related to some Peterson's!! Hopefully not the same family!! LOL

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ifpgzflyed View Post
    Oh, this guy makes my skin crawl. Out of curiousity (and because this has the makings of the next LACI......full and unrelenting media coverage) I have been hooked. I drove out to the Bolingbrook IKEA on Monday night and it got the better of me........set the gps to Pheasant Chase Court. My death partner/sister was going 'GOOSE CHASE' until we turned on Pheasant Chase Drive. There was a portable light mounted on a 25-30 ft. pole and media vans everywhere (CBS, ABC, WGN, NBC) and reporters freezing their butts off waiting for the 10pm newscast. Cops were there keeping the peace. We did a turn around the cul de sac and other than reporters looking inside our car with disappointment, no one said anything to us. Since then, this case has just picked up more steam.
    I'm going to try to get out to Queen of Heaven tomorrow. I am guessing #3 (Kathleen Salvio) is going to be exhumed fast. They'll probably do it before the gates open on Monday.
    BTW, I did a little snooping. The Pheasant Chase house appears to be the one where Salvio died. The CLTV online report had a close up of the death cert. Bad karma.
    GOOD WORK. I bow to you, a true death hag.

WendyK Guest
    I just seen a picture of the actual tub Kathleen Savio supposubly drowned in.Absolutley rediculous! I don't see how any adult could drown in that tub.If you wanna see the picture you need to go on this blog site www.questionablebehavior.com I would of linked the picture but the blog sites owner isn't so kind enough to share her stuff

Kathyf Guest
    Doesn't seem possible unless she was hit on the head.

WendyK Guest
    Doesn't seem possible unless she was hit on the head.
    Yeah hit in the head by Drew Peterson. They did find dried blood in her hair.

Kathyf Guest
    Yes I saw Geraldo interviewing the supposed guy who found her. he said no blood on the hair. Her niece and nephew were there and they said we never even saw you before. and The autopsey said hair was soaked with blood. He and his friend probably both did it.

WendyK Guest
    I am listening to WLS right now to see if their are any new developments.

Guest Guest
    a hit on the head while being held down in the bathtub full of water...then the plug is pulled...from all accounts she was there for quite a while and they speculated she was there for so long the water just drained from the tub...what is more interesting to me is all the bruising that was described on her body...and where those bruises were...ankles, wrists, upper arms etc

the entire investigation into her death was questionable, no doubt because this asshole was a cop!

I would love to know what kind of divorce settlement Kathleen was looking at...it was obvious she was going to get the house (the same house Drew and Stacy were living in, the same one she died in) also what kind of life insurance she had...they were NOT divorced at the time of her death! That in of itself should have made at least the insurance investigator look a little closer considering the nature of their marriage and the protection order that Kathleen had. Also it has been reported that he and Stacy started their relationship with Stacy was 17 years old...Kathleen died 3 year's ago and the divorce still wasn't final and the nephew stated that Stacy was only one reason for the divorce.

I saw an interview the other day with one of Kathleen's Nephews and he stated that there had been an incident where Drew had either picked up or dropped off the kids and he told Kathleen Stacy was in the car...Kathleen went out to the car to confront Stacy to tell her she didn't want her around her children etc and that Stacy had a camcorder and was recording not only Kathleen's rant but Drew tackling Kathleen to the ground with a knee to the back of her head and using the cell phone to call police on Kathleen....wonder if that video still exists?

by no means am I saying that Stacy deserved any of this...but she knew what he was all about...and I have to wonder just how much she knew about Kathleen's death? I personally could never live in the same home where my man's wife died, accident or not. But as was stated in Stacy's emails to friends and conversations with family, Drew was a major control freak and abusive...as a police officer he would know many areas to hide her that wouldn't be the first places of a search...so I doubt she is in any water way near their home. He also was apparently seen the day before she was reported missing with a friend moving a "large object" from his home.

Time will tell and so will this autopsy...as well as Stacy's body if they ever find her...I'm thinking someone better move in and take those kids before the autopsy results come back because I think this asshole is capable of anything...including hurting those kids.

Guest Guest
    Yes I saw Geraldo interviewing the supposed guy who found her. he said no blood on the hair. Her niece and nephew were there and they said we never even saw you before. and The autopsey said hair was soaked with blood. He and his friend probably both did it.
    according to her sister water was found in her lungs...she drowned in an empty bathtub? I guess the guy who testified at the coroners inquest was never present at the scene or even at the autopsy??? but testified to certain "facts" regarding the scene and autopsy...again I totally think her investigation was tainted because of who this asshole was.

I live in Tacoma Washington and a few years ago our CHIEF of police shot his wife in a shopping mall parking lot then turned the gun onto himself with their two small children nearby...he died at the scene she lasted about a week with a bullet in her head...Chrystal had attempted to contact police protection from her cop husband on more than one occasion and had even filed the divorce in King County instead of Pierce as to try to keep in out of the public eye because she knew that if the media got involved it would set him off...well some local looney tune online reporter dug up the info and leaked it to the mainstream media..within 3 days she was shot and he was dead..My mother's first marriage was to a cop...let's just say when she left that marriage it was on a stretcher and beaten near death...he then had my mom committed (back in the 1950's a husband could do that!) divorced her/married the next day and won custody of the 4 kids..."two parents are better than one...especially one in the nuthatch!" I'm by no means saying that all cops are dirty...but there are those that are and they get away with a lot..apparently as it looks in these cases...even murder.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I am listening to WLS right now to see if their are any new developments.
    I shit you not I am listening to the Roe Con show and they are giving away $1,000 to WLS Insiders and they called Stacy Peterson of Chicago's name! Roe was like is this a joke??? I don't even wanna say this! But it turned out it was not THEE Stacy Peterson. Still weird though.

Hey Kathy, you and I must live close. Most of my relatives are buried over in Hillside - the Italians on the North and the Irish on the South!!

This is indeed the second case of a woman in Chicago going missing and she went missng in April. Her name is Lisa Stebic. You can't go far without seeing a HUGE billboard of her on a few of the expressways out here. One of our illustrious newscasters got a little too close to the hubby and was fired for it. but nothing on her. Not for 6 months.

Stacey is the third if you count the woman who was found right after being reported missing while out jogging. Her estranged husband was a person of interest. Someone found her face down in a pond in the woods near her house, I think she had a lacerated throat, from what I remember. Whatever THAT means.

As for Stacey, my mom's theory.... she thinks Stacey had a part in the staging of the third wife's murder/accidental death. Perhaps Mr. Drew was starting to get a bit abusive, she threatens to go to the cops with info and poof... next thing you know, she's "run off with another man." This guy is guilty, guilty, GUILTY! Want to know the weirdest part???? His attorney is my friend's UNCLE!!! Actually, I don't hang out with this woman anymore, but still... stories about that family, too.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Hey Kathy, you and I must live close. Most of my relatives are buried over in Hillside - the Italians on the North and the Irish on the South!!

This is indeed the second case of a woman in Chicago going missing and she went missng in April. Her name is Lisa Stebic. You can't go far without seeing a HUGE billboard of her on a few of the expressways out here. One of our illustrious newscasters got a little too close to the hubby and was fired for it. but nothing on her. Not for 6 months.

Stacey is the third if you count the woman who was found right after being reported missing while out jogging. Her estranged husband was a person of interest. Someone found her face down in a pond in the woods near her house, I think she had a lacerated throat, from what I remember. Whatever THAT means.

As for Stacey, my mom's theory.... she thinks Stacey had a part in the staging of the third wife's murder/accidental death. Perhaps Mr. Drew was starting to get a bit abusive, she threatens to go to the cops with info and poof... next thing you know, she's "run off with another man." This guy is guilty, guilty, GUILTY! Want to know the weirdest part???? His attorney is my friend's UNCLE!!! Actually, I don't hang out with this woman anymore, but still... stories about that family, too.
    I am believing in this same theory...see my above post...how much did Stacy know about Kathleen's death? hmmm?

KristinEileen Guest
    What I want to know is, where are wives one and two? I agree, I wonder how much she knew about Kathleen's death. I guess it was enough for him to get nervous and say you know what...I'm eliminating you too... Sicko..

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post

Hey, cook I live about 10 minutes from that cemetary. Good theory on your Mom's part. Makes sense why she maiired that ass. Maybe he promised her money good life etc. How about the stebic husband with amy Jacobson

Kathyf Guest
    good theory's guys!

Jaxxx Guest
    You know the guy thought well, I got by with it the first time and nobody did anything, so I can kill them if I want to. Hope he rots in prison, which should be hell for him, I went to college with a guy that had his wife killed, I wouldn't believe he could ever do something like that, and yet you never ready know someone.

44. 11-14-2007, 02:38 AM
    Reason
    same

Kathyf Guest
    I heard they talked to the 2nd wife or her daughter. She said she was scared of him too. One of his friends has been all over the news here saying he thinks it's fishy now but he's very scared.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Wow. That's pretty cool. If you can give me a update now and then. Id rather hear it from you than the news. You are close enough that you can hear the talk in the town that the media won't report
    I will report when I hear anything new. I may take a ride to see tomorrow.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Drew Peterson did an interview on the Today show this morning. I'm not one to rush to accuse, but this guy rubbed me the wrong way. It was almost like listening to OJ talk.

He says she ran off with another man..

What really raised flags with me is that he described both women as having emotional problems. The dead wife he said was from an abusive family and develped emotional problems after the birth of her children. The missing wife he described as having emotional problems after the death of her sister.
    Also he said the emails that have been floating around that she sent a few days before she disappeared, saying he was controlling, manipulative and abusive were not written by her, but by other people who want to pin this disappearance on him.

This is what I've been thinking about since she disappeared, everyone that knows her says she is a good mother, if she ran off with another man and with all this media coverage. Why hasn't she called her family to tell them she's ok and to check on her kids? Also, would a loving mother leave her children with a man she feels is abusive?

I hope this case has closure for this family. I believe she is dead. I hope that her body will be found and the truth comes out.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose35 View Post
    Drew Peterson did an interview on the Today show this morning. I'm not one to rush to accuse, but this guy rubbed me the wrong way. It was almost like listening to OJ talk.

He says she ran off with another man..

What really raised flags with me is that he described both women as having emotional problems. The dead wife he said was from an abusive family and develped emotional problems after the birth of her children. The missing wife he described as having emotional problems after the death of her sister.
    Also he said the emails that have been floating around that she sent a few days before she disappeared, saying he was controlling, manipulative and abusive were not written by her, but by other people who want to pin this disappearance on him.

This is what I've been thinking about since she disappeared, everyone that knows her says she is a good mother, if she ran off with another man and with all this media coverage. Why hasn't she called her family to tell them she's ok and to check on her kids? Also, would a loving mother leave her children with a man she feels is abusive?

I hope this case has closure for this family. I believe she is dead. I hope that her body will be found and the truth comes out.

not to mention her own mother left the family when she was 15 years old...and that affected her deeply and she had a very strong desire to have a stable family...a loving mother, especially with her history would not leave her children behind. The truth will come out but I think the searchers are totally looking at the wrong places...as a cop he would know the LAST places the searchers would look..he didn't put her anywhere obvious. I do question what Stacy may have known about Kathleen's death...she and Drew were together for 3 year's before Kathleen was found and they were still legally married...what kind of insurance to he gain from Kathleen's death? How much did Stacy know? I have to lean toward other's theories that she threatened to tell and he got rid of her too...if she ran off with another man...where are the phone records/computer records of her correspondence with the other man? You would think that if this were true Drew would be producing something to back that up...so far he has produced nothing but speculation and suspicion on himself.

Guest Guest
    check out his comment about her time of the month!

In an exclusive interview today with NBC's Matt Lauer, Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson said he believes his missing wife, Stacy, isn't dead, but has run off with another man.
    "If you were me, or if you were the average citizen on the street who's read about this case or seen it on TV, would you think you're guilty?" Lauer asked.
    » Click to enlarge image
    Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson appeared in an exclusive interview this morning with NBC's Matt Lauer on the "Today" show. Peterson told Lauer he had nothing to do with either of the incidents surrounding his current and former wife.
    (NBC)

Authorities watch as crews use a hoist to exhume Kathleen Savio's casket from a plot at the Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery Tuesday in Hillside.

"Based on the media coverage, I'm as guilty as they come," Drew Peterson said.
    "And yet you still maintain there is no guilt," Lauer added. "You have no connection to any of these situations?"
    "I think my silence has painted me guilty in the media," Drew Peterson said.
    He asked reporters to, "leave my family alone."
    Drew Peterson said Stacy would ask for a divorce on a regular basis "based on her menstrual cycle" after her sister died.
    Lauer asked Drew Peterson about an e-mail Stacy wrote to a friend a week before her disappearance, in which she said, "I am finding that the relationship I am in is controlling, manipulative and somewhat abusive ... if you could keep me in your prayers I could use some wisdom, protection and strength."
    "I don't think that's her words," Drew Peterson said. "That doesn't sound like a thing that she would say. That vocabulary is certainly out of line for her. So I think this was fabricated as a lot of things have been throughout this case. This is a madeup e-mail"
    Drew Peterson described his relationship with Stacy as romantic in the beginning, but that after her sister passed away, she took a "downside" with her emotions, causing her to see a psychiatrist and go on medication.
    Drew Peterson denied that his relationship with Stacy was ever violent, but acknowledged several instances when the two would have verbal "in your face" confrontations.
    "She hated being cornered," Drew Peterson said. "One time she hit me in the head with a frozen steak."
    Peterson acknowledged that there were mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of his ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, but said he didn't know what, if anything, the exhumation of her body would accomplish.
    ''It's a shame her rest in peace has to be disturbed for something like this,'' he said.
    Drew Peterson described his relationship with both women as troubled, saying both came from troubled homes and struggled with depression.
    But he denied involvement in either case.
    Drew Peterson told Lauer he was one of the first people to discover the body of Savio in her bathub. He said at the time he was the watch commander of their town when it happened and that he met with Savio's best friend because he hadn't seen Savio for several days.
    Drew Peterson said the two called a locksmith to go into the house, but that he remained outside when the locksmith arrived. Lauer asked Drew Peterson why he didn't enter the house, to which he said that Savio was always accusing him of things and that she didn't want him in the house because she thought he would steal something.
    "When I heard screaming, I went inside and she was dead in the bathtub," Drew Peterson said. "I felt a pulse -- I don't know if she was dead or alive. So I felt her pulse, and being a policeman, I didn't want to touch anything."
    "You've said on occassion that Stacy came to you and said she was seeing someone else -- that there was another man," Lauer asked. "Is it fair to say that you believe that Stacy right now is with that other man?"
    "She never told me she was seeing another man ... well, maybe she did," Drew Peterson told Lauer. "But I believe she's with someone else right now."
    Drew Peterson told Lauer he believes police have always suspected him for Stacy's disappearance.
    "They've always considered me a suspect. The husband always did it. It's just a title to progress their case," Drew Peterson said.
    "Do you have anything you can present to me that might prove your innocence?" Lauer asked Drew Peterson.
    "No," he responded.
    Peterson pleaded with America's laywers to take on his case and to help him prove his innocence.
    When asked what he has told the couple's children about Stacy's disappearance, Peterson said, "Mom's gone on a vacation."
    Lauer asked Drew Peterson if he??s ever participated in the search for Stacy, which he indirectly responded with no.
    ??I??m such a media sensation right now,? Drew Peterson said. ??If I go out and search, the search will be hampered. Why would I look for somebody I don??t believe is missing. She??s just gone. She??s where she wants to be.?
    Savio's relatives hope an autopsy conducted Tuesday after her body was exhumed from a suburban cemetery will confirm their suspicions that her mysterious 2004 death was a murder, not an accident.
    "I'm hoping we get all the answers we need," her niece, Melissa Doman, said hours after Savio's casket was removed from its grave at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Hillside.
    They're still upset, though, that it took more than three years -- and the disappearance of another woman, 23-year-old Stacy -- to prompt Will County authorities to review Savio's death.
    The 40-year-old Savio had recently divorced Drew Peterson when she was found dead in a bathtub in her home on March 1, 2004. Her death at the time was ruled an accidental drowning.
    But when Stacy Peterson -- Drew Peterson's fourth wife -- vanished from their Bolingbrook home on Oct. 28, authorities decided to take another look at Savio's death.
    "That's what bothers me, personally," said Doman, 28. "No one really looked at it before."
    Last week, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow announced authorities would exhume Savio's remains, saying there were "strong indications" that her death was deliberately "staged" to look like an accident. Glasgow wasn't in office when Savio died.
    Her grave was opened early Tuesday with Glasgow, Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil and Illinois State Police investigators on hand. In less than an hour, her casket was lifted out and taken to the Will County coroner's office, where a forensic pathologist conducted an autopsy later in the day.
    Authorities won't have results for several days -- but said no information would be released publicly because of the pending investigations of her death and Stacy Peterson's disappearance.
    'Very difficult time for them'
    The 53-year-old Drew Peterson last week was formally named a suspect in Stacy's disappearance, though authorities haven't commented on whether he is a suspect in his third wife's death.
    Peterson has denied playing any role in Stacy's disappearance. Reached Tuesday at his Bolingbrook home, Peterson declined to comment on the exhumation or Savio's death.
    Later Tuesday, an Illinois State Police investigator delivered documents to Drew Peterson's home, though the officer wouldn't comment on what was delivered.
    Peterson testified last week before a Will County grand jury. A spokesman for State's Attorney Glasgow said Peterson wasn't served with another subpoena, though he wouldn't comment further on the paperwork.
    Savio's family members are anxious to learn whether the autopsy will show the mother of two was slain -- and if the examination might turn up evidence that could be used to prosecute her killer. In the months before she died, she had told authorities that she was afraid her former husband might harm her, Doman said.
    "My aunt was trying to reach out, and no one listened," Doman said.
    Before Savio's body was exhumed, a Roman Catholic priest offered prayers at the grave site. Savio's family had requested a priest be present during the exhumation, said the Rev. Chris Groh, a Joliet Police Department chaplain who was at the cemetery.
    "It's a very difficult time for them," Groh said of Savio's relatives. "Hopefully, they'll have some answers to the questions that have been in their minds for a while. Maybe that will help them move forward."

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    LMAO!!!! good one.
    Coming from you, I take that as quite a compliment.

Kathyf Guest
    A man came forward today and said that stacy hit his car a while back and begged him not to call police or go thru insurance,. She said her husband would kill her. He said the encounter
    will haunt him forever.