Thread: Mrs. Baird

Rev.josh Guest

Mrs. Baird

www.mrsbairds.com/gfx/mrsbPic.jpg

Mrs. Ninnie Baird was a remarkable woman...

In the early 1900's she started baking and selling bread now over 100 yrs later her bread is one of the most popular in the World...not bad for a little Texas woman.

BUt now for the juicy stuff....The Passing of Mrs. Baird.

On June 3, 1961, at the age of 92, Ninnie L. Baird died. The news of her death made headlines throughout Texas.

The Texas State Senate passed a resolution in her memory and declared Ninnie Baird "a living example for mothers, wives, business executives, Christians and good people the world over."

At her funeral, the presiding minister call Ninnie "an ideal woman in the eyes of God."

At a time when women didn't start and run businesses, Ninnie Baird had. Today, Mrs Baird's Bread is a living legacy to a very strong woman who built a business the old fashioned way - on quality, honesty, and customer care.

xenaswolf Guest
    When I lived in Abilene, I lived right across the street from one of her bakeries. OMG the smell of that bread baking was enough to make you drool!

RoRo Guest
    I have never heard of this woman...guess I'm in the wrong part of the country...interesting story

hlh004 Guest
    One of their sons (Bairds) married a lady named Louise. When Lousie's husband died she inherieted his money and then remarried to a man named Johnny. Johnny and my grandpa are brothers and started a business together. Louise is such a sweet lady and is still in touch with the Bairds.

Kathyf Guest
    Great story I never knew.