Page 219 of 275 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221228268 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,950 of 13702

Thread: Sharon Tate

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    He wasn't too badly aged when I was with him in France just about exactly a decade ago. Very, very nice guy (not forgetting the contentious nature of their relationship), and FULL of maliciously wicked opinions on everything

Greg, a few questions: When you interviewed him in Frnace did he really say what his reaction was to her death? Has anyone else ever mentioned Sharon having such a temper as she had with Phillipe?

What do you think about the story by the actor Christopher Jones saying he had an affair with Sharon when she was first pregnant and in Italy (I am guessing to film 13 Chairs)...??? Do you believe this? I sort of do, perhaps she was trying to get back at Roman...But one thing disturbs me about the story, Jones has claimed that Sharon was searching like crazy around her hotel room for drugs...He said something like "Everyone says she didn't do drugs, but she was really looking for them"...I know she had experimented, but with how seriously she took her pregnancy...I question if she was doing any drugs or sleeping with an almost perfect stranger, at that particular point in time???? I remember Roman once saying she wouldn't even touch a glass of wine while she was pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    Greg, a few questions: When you interviewed him in Frnace did he really say what his reaction was to her death? Has anyone else ever mentioned Sharon having such a temper as she had with Phillipe?

What do you think about the story by the actor Christopher Jones saying he had an affair with Sharon when she was first pregnant and in Italy (I am guessing to film 13 Chairs)...??? Do you believe this? I sort of do, perhaps she was trying to get back at Roman...But one thing disturbs me about the story, Jones has claimed that Sharon was searching like crazy around her hotel room for drugs...He said something like "Everyone says she didn't do drugs, but she was really looking for them"...I know she had experimented, but with how seriously she took her pregnancy...I question if she was doing any drugs or sleeping with an almost perfect stranger, at that particular point in time???? I remember Roman once saying she wouldn't even touch a glass of wine while she was pregnant.
    I interviewed Philippe a few times by phone, and then when I was in France, after the book was published, spent some time with him. And it was then, knowing that the book was done and whatever he said wouldn't end up in print, that he really opened up-and I heard a lot more than went into the book.

He clearly took it hard, Sharon's death-but the whole relationship with her was fraught for him with very bad memories. I don't know if anyone else ever commented on Sharon having a temper-I doubt it-and I think that (accepting Philippe's word on this) what happened between them-the intervention of other people in their relationship, circumstances, developments, and pressures brought to bear by others, is what led to frustration and a really agonized end that erupted in whatever altercations took place.

He still has a lot of photos from their time together and I think recalls it fondly but with some pain for reasons I can't enumerate unfortunately. I took him a copy of the newly published book but warned it included the photo of Sharon dead, and was with him when he looked at it, and it threw him quite a bit-you could see he was struggling a bit to go on.

As to the alleged affair: I think I posted earlier in this thread that I originally had included in the book information that Sharon was alleged to have had an affair in Italy, but I ended up cutting it because I could find no corroboration. This was before Jones made his claim. Had I known, I would have left it in, as I do have a couple of sources that spoke of it-one published, one a friend of Sharon and Roman's, but at the time I had no evidence and elected not to print it. I don't know how much of Jones's account to believe-it's possible, perhaps probable-though who knows how much is hard truth and how much may be recalled/mis-remembered through the haze of memory?

I wouldn't blame Sharon if she did have an affair and I wouldn't think any less of her for doing drugs but I do think less of Christopher Jones for coming out with his story when she could neither confirm or deny it. To me that's kind of tacky. I don't like men who kiss and tell I guess.
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

THANK YOU KELT!

I think people don't quite grasp that this isn't like some other murder that goes away over time-not with all of the websites, the books, the photos, documentaries, news specials, the movies-the parole hearings-no, this is constantly churned up over and over and over again-please tell me what other murders have so entered pop culture that they and those who enacted them are emblazoned on t-shirts, on South Park or Family Guy, jokes made about them left and right, songs by them recorded and songs about them issued? Even if Debra wanted to ignore it all, how could she unless she lived in a bunker?

This is why any belief that what happened is an isolated event from forty years ago and has no continued, current effect, is wrong-and on so many levels. These murders destroyed an already fragile Tate family, as well as the LaBiancas, the Parents, and I am sure had similar impacts on the families of Jay, Voyteck, and Abigail. Not to recognize the continued evolutionary nature of the impact of the crimes and those who committed them denies an immense part of American history.
    Bravo! Well put and beautifully stated.

The other poster mentioned something about people moving on from concentration camps, etc. Well, what about certain Holocaust survivors who have continued to tell the world what they went through, yet only those who have no heart tell them to "move on" right? There are certain huge world events that are of such magnitude on the human Richter scale that those involved simply cannot "move on" in the everyday sense of the word. I'm sure Debra Tate has dealt with it internally and spiritually in her own way, but she is carrying forth a banner for justice, for crime victims. I don't think anyone thinks she's using it for her own enjoyment or macabre pleasure. I'm sure she wakes up every day in a state of pain of one sort or another. I pray she and all members of the Tate and LaBianca families find peace. Yes, she will move on, but not in anyone's time frame except her own.

I have a question for Mr. Greg King, Sharon Tate and the Manson murders, GREAT BOOK!!!! This question has been on my mind ALL DAY (I'm obsessed with the murders all over again.) On Chapter 30, it describes how Manson went to the Cielo property after the murders and carried Sharon and Jay's bodies to the front porch, to hang them upside down, like "pigs in a slaughter-house" but then after some argument between Manson and who-knows-who, the bodies were taken back into the house and placed in the same position they had died....

I remember Mr. King you stated on earlier posts, you no longer believe this theory, what made you change your mind? I got curious because I am reading your book again and I'm reading chapter 30 and you present a lot of evidence that supports the fact that this actually happened. There were pools of blood that belonged to Jay and Sharon in the front porch and there were also blood stains that belonged to Jay and Sharon over the trunks that were delivered to Sharon on the day of the murder.
    Witnesses declared that they heard an "argument" at early morning hours. And the amounts of blood in the front porch were not just drops there was a pool of blood.... Thank you for your answer!

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by sedemika View Post
    I have a question for Mr. Greg King, Sharon Tate and the Manson murders, GREAT BOOK!!!! This question has been on my mind ALL DAY (I'm obsessed with the murders all over again.) On Chapter 30, it describes how Manson went to the Cielo property after the murders and carried Sharon and Jay's bodies to the front porch, to hang them upside down, like "pigs in a slaughter-house" but then after some argument between Manson and who-knows-who, the bodies were taken back into the house and placed in the same position they had died....

I remember Mr. King you stated on earlier posts, you no longer believe this theory, what made you change your mind? I got curious because I am reading your book again and I'm reading chapter 30 and you present a lot of evidence that supports the fact that this actually happened. There were pools of blood that belonged to Jay and Sharon in the front porch and there were also blood stains that belonged to Jay and Sharon over the trunks that were delivered to Sharon on the day of the murder.
    Witnesses declared that they heard an "argument" at early morning hours. And the amounts of blood in the front porch were not just drops there was a pool of blood.... Thank you for your answer!
    I'm just Greg!

Let me say when I wrote the book I believed it highly probably that Manson had gone to the house after the killers returned to Spahn. Now I have doubts. It isn't that I think it did not happen-I am just uncertain. There are still too many unanswered questions to dismiss it entirely-but I can't say I have a definite belief one way or the other.

I'm just amazed that the police didn't insist on saving the carpet from the house!
    Even when Maurice Gagnon was found murdered in his new Cadillac Seville in 1959, the police kept the car, AND the carpet from it!

Legendary 1959 Cadillac Death Car.

Forever linked to the 1959 murder of Maurice Gagnon, the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Seville that stored the dead body of the infamous entrepreneur. With the odometer reading only 2,240 miles, it is believed to be the lowest mileage 1959 Cadillac in the world.
    "In 1959, the Cadillac was the best of the best, the face of American luxury, with its involvement in the notorious Gagnon murder, this Eldorado Seville is one of the most infamous cars in recent history.
    Instantly recognizable by its towering tailfins, the Eldorado Seville has additional features that make it the automotive icon of the 1950s. With numerous power options, including windows, vents, antenna and trunk release, the white and silver-blue classic was the most advanced production car ever built. The 345hp Eldorado was also equipped with three carburetors, 4-speed hydramatic transmission, self-leveling and driver-adjustable air suspension and cruise control.
    "The Eldorado Seville was often the platform for Cadillac's most exclusive, head-turning design styles and luxury amenities, in 1959. "There are new cars on the road today without the options available on this classic. When this car was built, Americans were looking towards bright futures filled with wealth, happiness and extravagant automobiles."
    With jet travel and whispers of highways stretching from coast to coast, the 1950s were indeed a time of exuberance and innovation in America. Taking full advantage of his thriving plastic molding company and growing fortune, Gagnon surrounded himself with luxury, highlighted by his Eldorado Seville.
    Tragically, the sleek Cadillac gained additional exposure when it was found on the back streets of Nashua, N.H., on February 9, 1959, containing Gagnon's lifeless body. It became an integral part of the sensational murder trial that led to a death row sentence for Gagnon's murderers. The car was held as state's evidence during the impending 15-year legal struggle, which ultimately lead to the parole of the convicted murderers.
    In 1981, Cadillac enthusiast John Pfanstiehl discovered the little-used classic in a dusty warehouse, still sporting the original tires. Following extensive research, Pfanstiehl uncovered the murderous history of the Eldorado Seville, ending speculation that its tie to the Gagnon murder was an urban legend.

Last edited by Sam; 07-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

I'm just Greg!

Let me say when I wrote the book I believed it highly probably that Manson had gone to the house after the killers returned to Spahn. Now I have doubts. It isn't that I think it did not happen-I am just uncertain. There are still too many unanswered questions to dismiss it entirely-but I can't say I have a definite belief one way or the other.

Thank you for your answer! To me you are Mr. King.

IMHO this whole investigation was poorly done. A lot of evidence was lost, the police moved things from one place to another and this just made the case so blurred up you kind of have to "imagine" the facts....

Howcome nobody took the time to investigate why was there so much blood at the entrance of the house... And the whole motive, is just non sense, to begin a race war between blacks and whites, there is much more than that, I don't know what, but I'm sure that was not the real reason for the murders....

This is one of the reasons why this case fascinates me so much, so many facts ignored, others made up, and everything just poorly done,
    Letting the Kasabian girl go free, why? She was guilty as hell, having driven to both crime scenes knowing what was going to happen and never once contacting authorities.

I've always thought the murders were about "Bobby" Beausoleil (sp) myself. I agree with you Sedemika about Linda Kasabian, she's guilty as hell, I guess Vincent Bugliosi was desperate for her testimony. The really scary part is that they were considering giving Susan Atkins immunity... that would have been even more CrAzY!!!!!!!!!
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

Kasabian's been on a couple of the recent documentaries. The phrase "rid hard and put up wet" comes to mind. She's about 60, but less Helen Mirren 60 or even Judi Dench 60 than Jan Michael Vincent or Celebrity Rehab 60.

Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    Bravo! Well put and beautifully stated.

The other poster mentioned something about people moving on from concentration camps, etc. Well, what about certain Holocaust survivors who have continued to tell the world what they went through, yet only those who have no heart tell them to "move on" right? There are certain huge world events that are of such magnitude on the human Richter scale that those involved simply cannot "move on" in the everyday sense of the word. I'm sure Debra Tate has dealt with it internally and spiritually in her own way, but she is carrying forth a banner for justice, for crime victims. I don't think anyone thinks she's using it for her own enjoyment or macabre pleasure. I'm sure she wakes up every day in a state of pain of one sort or another. I pray she and all members of the Tate and LaBianca families find peace. Yes, she will move on, but not in anyone's time frame except her own.
    I think I wrote that quote you meant and I realized when reading it back how I completely mangled what I wanted to say, so I deleted it because the way it read is most definitely not what I intended to say and it sounded offensive, which was not my intention at all. Sorry, if it came out wrong. I basically meant exactly what you stated above, that people need to talk about it and it affects not just you as the survivor but also second and even third generation survivors and the people around you. People should not shut up about their experience, and, to the extent that they are able to talk about it, these stories need to be told. But they should not abuse it either, the way Tex Watson et al are doing, "we did time for our crimes, now you can forgive us since we forgave ourselves and became Christians to boot". Those people need to get over themselves and get over the whole thing, not the Holocaust survivors, or (the) Debra Tate(s of this world), who need to make their voices heard as often and as loud as they can. Because the Tex Watsons of this world really do take away from the real survivors' pain and suffering, never mind what they're doing to Christianity and I don't even consider myself a Christian. And if Roman wants to blame the Holocaust for essentially being a pedophile, he should get over himself as well. Talk about your experience by all means but do not use that to justify your own crimes that have nothing to do with the Holocaust in the first place.

On another note (and this partly explains how I mess up my thought process all the time by jumping around too much), I think the Tate La Bianca murders could shed a very interesting light on the unsolved murders (Marina Habe, the other murders that were never really officially "linkable" to Manson). Maybe that's why some people go into the tiniest detail here, hoping to find that one clue. Being primarily obsessed with the Marina Habe case myself, I can totally understand.

Could part of the faulty investigative progress have something to do with the fact that the cops were old school and considered the victims to have been living in sin? It wasn't the godfearing middle-aged wife left alone while her husband was serving the country in Vietnam that was murdered, it was "glamorous folk", free spirits. I can imagine how that would seem to an old school cop. Not saying I agree with this at all.

And if any of the above came out all wrong again, please know that this was not intended.

Sedemika, I actually own this doll

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS HAQ View Post
    Sedemika, I actually own this doll

WOW!!!! I wish I could get one! Where did you get it??? Lucky you!!!!

Smiling....

col. Paul Tate (far left)

VOD photo

Debra Tate:

As much as I think Sharon was a gorgeous woman -- sometimes her eye makeup makes me cringe. I know, it was the look of the times but still...LOL!

Thanks for all of the new pics!

She looks like she's checking her BB LOL!
    Last edited by sedemika; 07-30-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Those are astounding pictures, Sedemika...

Obviously this doll was real. Does anyone know the details of when it was issued and by what company?

What happened to Roman's lip? Did he get it caught in a pre teens Va Jay Jay?
    Like sticking your tongue to a frozen light pole?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    What happened to Roman's lip? Did he get it caught in a pre teens Va Jay Jay?
    Like sticking your tongue to a frozen light pole?
    I wonder if that was from the time when he & SHARON had left a restaurant and some Spanish men were flirting with SHARON and one of them pinched her rear & ROMAN got in a fight with 'em (?)

I don't think it is because her hair is darker as she was wearing it in '68 & I think that the event I mentioned above occurred in 1966.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Obviously this doll was real. Does anyone know the details of when it was issued and by what company?
    It's Nika Designs.com. Nicole made two Sharon Tate dolls. I got lucky when one purchaser failed to make the installment payments on the Sharon Tate wedding day doll. I was SO HAPPY because I had lost all of my doll collections in the Hurricane Ike disaster. You should visit her web sight and check out all of her dolls. She also makes jewelry for dolls. Also check out her ElizabethTaylor as Cleopatra. I'd LOVE to have that one. She doesn't mass produce dolls, you have to commission them and each one has to be original. If you folks have anymore questions, PM me so we can keep this thread on the right track. HUGS, Susan