Page 259 of 275 FirstFirst ... 160210250257258259260261268 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,950 of 13704

Thread: Sharon Tate

Breaking News: Charles Manson has been denied parole again this time it'll be 15 years before his next parole hearing in 2027 when he is 92. yep they have given him the maximium 15 year denial. and Manson did not attend his hearing.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 04-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.

2. 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    Hello everyone, long time FID fan here, my first time posting.

These murders are interesting and heartbreaking to me at the same time. Sharon was really beautiful and for her to not only lose her life, but be killed when she was so close to having her baby tugs at my heartstrings every time I think about it.

I was reading about this the other night, which was NOT a good idea on my part. It was late and the whole house was eerily quiet...Even worse was when I had to go downstairs to check my blood sugar before going to bed, it was so dark and I was so scared that some psycho was going to pop out of the shadows that I ended up putting almost every light on and ran like hell back upstairs once I was done! :O
    Your comment was interesting, Manson and his creeps did give the world something tangible FEAR !not just Los Angeles after the murders, people have had their brains altered to accept the possibility of some nut creepy crawling your house. Even if it never happens ,Manson mostly through Process church teachings, told everyone, fear keeps you aware ! good point ! but fear also effs up your peace of mind !

Got my copy of Greg King's Sharon Tate book today! Woooohoooo!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

DoberJen Guest
    Uncle Gilly, Charlie and his creepy crawlies are the main reason why I lock my doors, check them twice and put my security system on "instant"! Not to mention my glock is ready to go at all times. I don't live in fear, but I most definitely make sure I'm ready to go when they are.

None of the crew has a snowballs chance in hell at getting out. Atkins couldn't even do it on her death bed. Everything I have that little thought in my brain about even showing Van Houten mercy, I think about Mrs. Labianca and all the other victims. The one thing I can't stand the most is those who say that Charlie never physically killed anyone...BULLSH*T! Just because it hasn't been proven by a court of law that he "physically" killed someone doesn't mean he hasn't. I don't believe for a second that man didn't actually kill someone...many stories have been told, by credible witnesses about girls disappearing with Charlie into the mountains/desert and never returning. These idiots trying to tell me that a man who called for the murder of at least 9 different people never did anything himself? BS.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I sorta wish Charlie would just die in prison, only so I wouldn't have to see Debra on tv everytime there is a parole hearing still milking her sister's death for her own personal fame.... forty... two.... years..... on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I sorta wish Charlie would just die in prison, only so I wouldn't have to see Debra on tv everytime there is a parole hearing still milking her sister's death for her own personal fame.... forty... two.... years..... on.
    I read an article in the AJC about her being at Charlie's latest parole hearing. She said she had been attending parole hearings for 40 years. Say what? I read Restless Souls from cover to cover and it did not mention her attending a parole hearing until after Patty died. That's a lot less than 40 years.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Debra from my knowledge only started going to parole hearings in 1997 hardly 40 years. they haven't been having parole hearings that long. it's only been 40 years since the death penalty has been abolished in CA. Doris began going to the hearings all alone. no husband Paul,no Patti or Debra accompanying her for moral support. no way would I have let my mom go through that all alone. then Patti all alone went to the hearings.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoberJen View Post
    Uncle Gilly, Charlie and his creepy crawlies are the main reason why I lock my doors, check them twice and put my security system on "instant"! Not to mention my glock is ready to go at all times. I don't live in fear, but I most definitely make sure I'm ready to go when they are.

None of the crew has a snowballs chance in hell at getting out. Atkins couldn't even do it on her death bed. Everything I have that little thought in my brain about even showing Van Houten mercy, I think about Mrs. Labianca and all the other victims. The one thing I can't stand the most is those who say that Charlie never physically killed anyone...BULLSH*T! Just because it hasn't been proven by a court of law that he "physically" killed someone doesn't mean he hasn't. I don't believe for a second that man didn't actually kill someone...many stories have been told, by credible witnesses about girls disappearing with Charlie into the mountains/desert and never returning. These idiots trying to tell me that a man who called for the murder of at least 9 different people never did anything himself? BS.
    Crap Dober, ! did you say GLOCK ? remind me to never come late night visiting with out phoning first !!

Uncle Gilly Guest
    I agree with Dober as to Manson and his ... non involvement ... BULLSHIT ! is correct, guilty as sin ! I suppose because Hitler didn't personally administer zyklon B in the death camps, he wasn't responsible either?... but as far as Debra Tate or whatever her last name is , I don't mind her ,she is keeping Sharon Tates name alive and if she profits somewhat well..... There are a few reprobates on the TateLaBianca site of Colonel Scott, that even call her Orca and post pictures of a whale. uncalled for, and don't tell me this type of vindictivness is not personal! and if so then why? more questions!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Debra from my knowledge only started going to parole hearings in 1997 hardly 40 years. they haven't been having parole hearings that long. it's only been 40 years since the death penalty has been abolished in CA. Doris began going to the hearings all alone. no husband Paul,no Patti or Debra accompanying her for moral support. no way would I have let my mom go through that all alone. then Patti all alone went to the hearings.
    Stephen Kay made pretty much all of the hearings starting with Pat Krenwinkle in 77 who threatened him afterwards that not only did she know his home address in Pacific Palisades but that 'it's never too late for the little man.'
    Doris pulled the lionshare for the family, but Paul did attend one of them and then it was Patti who went to 'em until her death and Debra is the one who now attends.

Watching Doris kick ass and take names at those hearings was something special. Doris rocks.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

Hi everyone, I got an Iphone, which I really love, and I needed a protective case for it. I found this site that makes custom cases and wanted to show the one I ordered to my fabulous fellow forum members. Pretty cool huh? I was standing in line at the grocery store, gabbing on my phone, when this kid in line behind me--he looked to be about 13 or 14--saw the case and said, "Wow, she's pretty. Is that your girlfriend?". So I said "Yep!" Take care everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sharon T Iphone Case.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	41918  

Hippo Guest
    I don't know what to make of Debra. I want to like her, but if she lies, even about small things, it damages her credibility.

I had thought that Doris started going to parole hearings around 1980. I didn't think that Debra started going until the mid-1990s. That's hardly 40 years, not even close.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow rider View Post
    Hi everyone, I got an Iphone, which I really love, and I needed a protective case for it. I found this site that makes custom cases and wanted to show the one I ordered to my fabulous fellow forum members. Pretty cool huh? I was standing in line at the grocery store, gabbing on my phone, when this kid in line behind me--he looked to be about 13 or 14--saw the case and said, "Wow, she's pretty. Is that your girlfriend?". So I said "Yep!" Take care everyone.
    Love the phone case! It's certainly a death hag one.

Paul did attend every day of the trial.

Last edited by johnny; 04-12-2012 at 08:33 PM.

jazzfest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I read an article in the AJC about her being at Charlie's latest parole hearing. She said she had been attending parole hearings for 40 years. Say what? I read Restless Souls from cover to cover and it did not mention her attending a parole hearing until after Patty died. That's a lot less than 40 years.
    Restless Souls was a great one-sided perspective and good at shifting the focus from killers to victims. However, it is not entirely accurate when it comes to family dynamics and it deliberately excluded Debra Tate (including cropping her from her own family pictures) due to personal issues between Statman and Tate.

Debra is the guardian of the Tate Family Legacy and has some serious concerns about information in this book. She outlines these concerns in a statement released on the official Sharon Tate website, as well as the Tate Family Legacy site.

She has been attending parole hearings since 1997. Doris began, then Patti, then Debra picked up torch.

Debra says some off-putting things but I always remember that she lost her sister and nephew in unimaginable circumstances, and lost her parents to an abyss of grief. It's a nightmare I can't even imagine and so I don't judge her occasional embellishments and mental snaps; I just thank my lucky stars that I have not walked a mile in her shoes.

jazzfest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I hope that if I am brutally murdererd with my unborn child, that my family still care enough to fight parole for my killers 42 years later.

I'm sure Debra would rather have her sister and nephew alive, and her family not destroyed by grief, rather than being on TV in a state of misery and emotion at murderers' parole hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post
    Restless Souls was a great one-sided perspective and good at shifting the focus from killers to victims. However, it is not entirely accurate when it comes to family dynamics and it deliberately excluded Debra Tate (including cropping her from her own family pictures) due to personal issues between Statman and Tate.

Debra is the guardian of the Tate Family Legacy and has some serious concerns about information in this book. She outlines these concerns in a statement released on the official Sharon Tate website, as well as the Tate Family Legacy site.

She has been attending parole hearings since 1997. Doris began, then Patti, then Debra picked up torch.

Debra says some off-putting things but I always remember that she lost her sister and nephew in unimaginable circumstances, and lost her parents to an abyss of grief. It's a nightmare I can't even imagine and so I don't judge her occasional embellishments and mental snaps; I just thank my lucky stars that I have not walked a mile in her shoes.
    Yeah, but it hasn't been 40 years since 1997. That was my point.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

jazzfest Guest
    Yeah, but it hasn't been 40 years since 1997. That was my point.
    And it's a good one.

My point was that the author of Restless Souls herself dismissed Debra's involvement in parole hearings, claiming that 'as far as she knows' Debra began attending only in this last decade after Patti's death in 2000, when YouTube footage clearly shows her at a 1997 hearing. And this is one of many reasons why Restless Souls is an interpretation of a family's tragedy from a subjective person, rather than an all-factual account.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post
    And it's a good one.

My point was that the author of Restless Souls herself dismissed Debra's involvement in parole hearings, claiming that 'as far as she knows' Debra began attending only in this last decade after Patti's death in 2000, when YouTube footage clearly shows her at a 1997 hearing. And this is one of many reasons why Restless Souls is an interpretation of a family's tragedy from a subjective person, rather than an all-factual account.

I think that is a good way to put it, an interpretation of a family's tragedy from a subjective person, rather than an all-factual account.
    It would also apply to Debra and her statements is my guess.

I struggle watching the family fight about this from within. You would think that one thing that would unite a family would be a tragedy of this magnitude.

It's why the other victim families need to be speaking out. The Parent family, The Labianca family, the Sebring family, the Folger family, and Frykowski family among others lost valued people to these animals. And lets not pretend these are the only ones. Gary Hinman is one to start and the Manson family members did brag about other murders that will never be solved. So next time you see the pics of these former Manson Members who are loose and in their 60's just consider what they may or may know about the other deaths.

so what happens when / if you skip a parole hearing??? Do you get reprimanded?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47017512#.T4nBkKvOxgs

It'll be interresting to see if Manson makes it to his next hearing. of course 15 years is a long time, a lot of people will die before then . and Debra also said she was done with Manson "2 down and 6 to go" she was no doubt referring to Susan Atkins and Manson as the 2 down. but the 6 must be Watson,Van Houten,Krenwinkel, Bobby Beausolei , Bruce Davis that's only 5 who is the 6th? who knows with Debra?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    It'll be interresting to see if Manson makes it to his next hearing. of course 15 years is a long time, a lot of people will die before then . and Debra also said she was done with Manson "2 down and 6 to go" she was no doubt referring to Susan Atkins and Manson as the 2 down. but the 6 must be Watson,Van Houten,Krenwinkel, Bobby Beausolei , Bruce Davis that's only 5 who is the 6th? who knows with Debra?
    ya never know, some folks live a long long time. hell, former preacher/truck driver Dean Morehouse just croaked at age 90 ( his 16 year old daughter went over to Manson back in the day and eventually 'reverend Dean' himself fell a bit under Charlie's spell--later he found himself entangled with the law.

jazzfest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post

I struggle watching the family fight about this from within. You would think that one thing that would unite a family would be a tragedy of this magnitude.
    Well put. It (family feuding) demonstrates the continued reverberations of that horrific night in 1969.

Hippo Guest
    To Robert63:

I am wondering if she is referring to Linda Kasabian? Even though Linda was never convicted, Debra has said that she thinks Kasabian should have gotten a life sentence also.

one of the few times i laughed reading the Statmen Tate Book was the recounting of Pat Krenwinkle's first parole hearing in which she tried to assume the Linda Kasabian role by claiming when asked by the parole board where she was when all the killing went on, 'I was on lookout' to which Stephen Kay loudly guffawed before proceeding to blow her lies out of the water.
    Last edited by johnny; 06-24-2012 at 08:45 PM.

http://www.kait8.com/story/17455741/...odd-friendship

Hopefully this link works. This talks about Debra Tate and Barbara Hoyt becoming friends. Kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post

Hopefully this link works. This talks about Debra Tate and Barbara Hoyt becoming friends. Kind of interesting.

great story.

as Uncle Gilley says, better to accept a hamburger from a member of the Tate family than the Manson family.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    AAh you know me so well John, and if I had hair Floyd could give me short back and sides! anyone familiar with this sitehttp://sharonandromanlove.tumblr.com ? A plethora of photos Of so beautiful Sharon , so many I haven't seen and I've seen a lot. Some here of younger Deborah who it is not fair to compare to Sharon, but Debra is really pretty when young ! I think there is also a picture from about '65, '66 of the 3 sisters playing around with Barbie dolls of which the person running the blog states, Debra was cut out of in the Statman book. which by the way, this person says is a terrible book to be avoided at all costs ! just thought I'd share.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Hold on rainbow I thought she was my girlfriend? way to handle the youing upstart! we don't allow anyone under 21 at the Lagoon ya know ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Gilly View Post
    AAh you know me so well John, and if I had hair Floyd could give me short back and sides! anyone familiar with this sitehttp://sharonandromanlove.tumblr.com ? A plethora of photos Of so beautiful Sharon , so many I haven't seen and I've seen a lot. Some here of younger Deborah who it is not fair to compare to Sharon, but Debra is really pretty when young ! I think there is also a picture from about '65, '66 of the 3 sisters playing around with Barbie dolls of which the person running the blog states, Debra was cut out of in the Statman book. which by the way, this person says is a terrible book to be avoided at all costs ! just thought I'd share.

thanks for the link, Uncle Gilly. Wow, lots of pics. speaking of good lookers, doris was quite the dish back in the day.

JenAdams Guest
    The theory that Tate or guests of the Tate house had anything to do w/the Manson Family, I have to say is untrue. The reason for Manson choosing 10050 Cielo Dr., was he thought Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son & record producer..Beach Boy-connect.), lived there. He was out for revenge bc Melcher brushed him, off. I don't dispute he was insane, but these were botched, revenge killings. "Oh, Terry's not there? Ok, well we have to kill the "celebrities" to start the race war!"...I think he was insanely calculated and on dope, bad combo. (My opinion, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by JenAdams View Post
    The theory that Tate or guests of the Tate house had anything to do w/the Manson Family, I have to say is untrue. The reason for Manson choosing 10050 Cielo Dr., was he thought Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son & record producer..Beach Boy-connect.), lived there. He was out for revenge bc Melcher brushed him, off. I don't dispute he was insane, but these were botched, revenge killings. "Oh, Terry's not there? Ok, well we have to kill the "celebrities" to start the race war!"...I think he was insanely calculated and on dope, bad combo. (My opinion, of course).
    interesting, jenadams. lots of theories are out there.
    i would just point out that that is contradicted by the helter skelter book (per statements by vincent bugliosi and statements from altobeli and hatami) and others that cite the fact manson came to 10050 cielo drive months before and was told by both sharon's friend, photographer hatami and rudy altobeli --who had met manson at a gathering at dennis wilson's before and knew who he was- that melcher didn't live at cielo drive anymore. manson asked altobeli where melcher moved to and altobeli pretended he didn't know. altobeli then asked manson not to bother the new tennants and asked him to leave.

here is a link to the photos Hatami took that day. ironically, we may never know if sharon was looking out the window that moment and spotted charlie (http://www.charliemanson.com/tatehouse/front-bed-1.jpg), but she did see charlie at one point when Hatami was talking with Manson. she specifically asked Altobelli later did you see that creepy man and he told her yes
    http://www.charliemanson.com/tatehouse/index3.htm
    Last edited by johnny; 04-17-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Yeah I believe Manson knew Melcher had vacated, but it didn't matter it would instill fear in Melcher if something so heinous happened shortly after he left those digs. And it worked ! there are so many theories, anti theories and counter theories, some are dogmatic when they subscribe to certain ones .I think the race war was a convenient tag for the prosecution as well, so I feel there is much beneath the surface( too bad the captain of the Titanic didn't think along those lines). I guess if no one has a definite answer, then we are all correct !!!
    Last edited by Uncle Gilly; 04-17-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!
    Gilly must be spending too much time beneath the waves where the sun doesn't get, I didn't see any pictures with this story, where are they ?

Gilly must be spending too much time beneath the waves where the sun doesn't get, I didn't see any pictures with this story, where are they ?

Gilly I posted that link and I don't think there are any pictures with it. Maybe Cindy is referring to a different link.

I just finished Helter Skelter, I guess it's just me, but that book in no way scared me, I was like oh..nice to read about the trial and such, but I just took my copy to the used book store, It, for me was a one time read.

Ooops. I must quoted the wrong post. Anyway, here is the link that someone posted upthread. http://sharonandromanlove.tumblr.com/

Gilly I posted that link and I don't think there are any pictures with it. Maybe Cindy is referring to a different link.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Yeah I was curious to see Barbara Hoyt ,who was not bad looking in her youth, never mind the glasses! Guys DO make passes at chicks who wear glasses, especially if the guy is a fish man, that hasn't been with a woman since 1952, or whenever it was they made that movie with me in it !

Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    I just finished Helter Skelter, I guess it's just me, but that book in no way scared me, I was like oh..nice to read about the trial and such, but I just took my copy to the used book store, It, for me was a one time read.

I was 7 at the time and lived in So Cal maybe 15 miles from Spahn Ranch. the 'creepey crawley' activities scared the crap out of me.
    Still does when things go bump in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    I was 7 at the time and lived in So Cal maybe 15 miles from Spahn Ranch. the 'creepey crawley' activities scared the crap out of me.
    Still does when things go bump in the night.
    I was 13 and lived way the hell off on the East Coast and it still scared me to death. And still does.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hippo Guest
    I was sixteen and lived halfway between Cielo Drive and Spahn Ranch. Luckily, I didn't pay attention to the details of the trial until I was older. If I had known that Manson was driving around randomly, looking for people to kill, I would have been very jumpy.

At first, I thought he only went after wealthy people. But after I read the story about how he took Linda, Susan and Clem to Venice and wanted them to kill that guy in the apartment building, I figured that anybody could become a victim.

Shannon Guest
    I don't know if this is for real or not, just thought I'd shar with you guys. If I had the money and knew it was real i would snap it up in a second

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Actress-and-...item58936e6613

Hippo Guest
    To Shannon:

Obviously I cannot vouch for this seller; however, they do have a very high positive feedback rating.

I would feel better about it if there was a photo of her wearing the gown. Obviously that doesn't prove it was the same gown, but it would help.

Uncle Gilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't know if this is for real or not, just thought I'd shar with you guys. If I had the money and knew it was real i would snap it up in a second

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Actress-and-...item58936e6613
    Good detective work Shannon ( what a lovely name) ! I look for Sharon Tate stuff on EBay on occasion, this completely passed me by .yes authenticity is always a problem. Anyone remember the Bikini last year supposedly Sharons' that had a note from Polanski ? did you notice the seller of the nightie also sells bloody body parts? hmmm!

on youtube the complete helter skelter charles manson movie (new one)
    pretty interesting start, it begins with gary hinman happy to see charlie manson arrive. but not for long...
    best line of the movie is when charlie is laying out the escape to devils canyon and one of his henchmen expresses some doubt and calls charlie 'chuck.' charlie goes, 'do i look like a 'chuck' to you?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuywLcbCFNY
    Last edited by johnny; 04-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Wonder why Sharon would give the guy a nightie, she seemed kind of too shy to hand out personal items like that.

Elizabeth Guest
    I just got done with Restless Souls.....good book with many interesting new facts.....made Sharon and her family very real, and their dedication to making her killers accountable for their actions is so admirable!!!

restless souls may have flaws but one thing that did come through was it brought to life the human side of the Tate family.

most spot on quote from Paul Watkins, 'Death is Charlie's trip.'

here is the obit for judge older, the one who presided over the Tate Labianca trial. he had a very interesting background.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/us/21older.html
    Last edited by johnny; 04-18-2012 at 02:20 PM.