Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bea Arthur

Of course I'm gonna roll in here with the boob angle. Bea was proud of her rack and posed for this tempra portrait in the 1970's. Not bad at all for a woman in her 50's.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-27-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Image removed.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Of course I'm gonna roll in here with the boob angle. Bea was proud of her rack and posed for this tempra portrait in the 1970's. Not bad at all for a woman in her 50's.
    Oh, my retinas are burned... Get the antiseptic... Argh!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    An overnight star at 50. She did so much Broadway, and off Broadway I hope they dim the lights for her, like they did Natasha. She made the Golden Girls for me, and had a hell of a run. I always thought she was 6 foot tall, at least, and was shocked to learn she was only 5"9", my own height. Perhaps her charisma shot her higher than her earthly form. This is a hard one for me, but it`s the cycle of life and nothing last forever. Goodnight sweet Bea, and I hope your transition was an easy one.
    Absolutely! My better half is SAG, AFTRA, Equity and she already got the email about the meorial plans.
    Also it is great that she got her lifetime acheivement award from the American Theater Wing (they do the Tonys) when she was healthy enough to still enjoy it.
    She will be missed!
    Regards,
    Mary

SusanCarole Guest
    rest in peace Pussycat!

This depresses me a great deal; she was an extraordinary soul.

Love you dearly Bea, RIP. xoxoxo
    Last edited by norah; 04-27-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Bee1001 Guest
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...31823#30431823

Betty White and Rue McClanahan talking about Bea on the Today Show.
    Such sweet ladies!

Elizabeth Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Cool!! That is very awesome for someone of that age--she looks good!!!

RIP Bea....you were an original!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Remember when they sang "Mr. Sandman" to the baby and she sang bass? LOL
    Loved that episode! Who could forget the classic,
    "I am a wolf. Boom, boom, boom" and the way all the 'girls' sang the Rheingold beer commercial.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

burgtwngrl Guest
    I watched her on Maude and Golden Girls with my mom... She will be missed. she was a true Brawd in every sense of the word. Always loved the Gutsy women.

Thumbs up

RIP Bea. You will be missed, but will live forever in syndication.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    My sentiments exactly. She was a tremedous talent and I'd hoped to see her one-woman show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Death is to the dead what life is to the living" Bette Midler

Mrs. Doolittle Doll

One of my all time fave's is her response to Sophia about her beloved childhood doll, Mrs. Doolittle. Cracks me up every time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Death is to the dead what life is to the living" Bette Midler

Montage Link

Thanks for the Whoa! montage link. Also, "What'll I Do" is amazing to see. Her rendition is brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    ---She made me cry when she sang that song 'What'll I Do?".

Next time I hear it, that'll probably happen again.

Here's a short montage clip of the scenes she said "Whoa!!" in on GG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYc4i...&feature=email

trose Guest
    She was an incredible talent and a great lady. I'll sure miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by SLN526 View Post
    One of my all time fave's is her response to Sophia about her beloved childhood doll, Mrs. Doolittle. Cracks me up every time!
    "My favorite doll!"

breezy501 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    they way she was sucking down Absolut when I met her, I'm surprised it wasn't cirrhosis. RIP BEA. She'll get the Findadeath treatment soon enough. Her quote about Betty White will anger many.
    Oh, Scott, you are so bad! When did you meet her? She couldn't have been sucking much if you met her lately. I thought she was awesome, but I never liked the Maude series....probably b/c I was a kid and didn't get the humor. Loved her on the Pam Anderson Roast!

Love your stuff Scott, the good, the bad, the ugly, the gross....

"my favorite"!! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by alanwench View Post
    "my favorite doll!"

Bee1001 Guest
    19 hour marathon this Sunday of the Golden Girls on Hallmark! I've got my Sunday planned!

"Gloria broke her! Mrs. Doolittle's eyes never closed after that. My favorite!"
    *Stan's cousin* "Let it go, Dorothy."

FiestyGal Guest
    Damn it.... damn... damn...

I loved her so much, she was a great actress and I'll miss her terribly. And I thought the line about Estelle being there to greet her was a perfect, moving, thing to say. RIP, dear lady!

LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    "Gloria broke her! Mrs. Doolittle's eyes never closed after that. My favorite!"
    *Stan's cousin* "Let it go, Dorothy."

Does anyone know where she is buried or if she was cremated since she
    did not want a funeral?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post
    19 hour marathon this Sunday of the Golden Girls on Hallmark! I've got my Sunday planned!
    Great!! Thanks for the heads up

Valerie Guest
    I just returned from vacation. Everyone on our cruise ship was talking about the news. RIP Maude...you are loved even at sea.

c l p Guest
    bea was truly a golden girl RIP bea......

harlequin_clown Guest
    What's really weird is I saw her on the View not too long ago and thinking "Wow, I can't believe she's still alive!" and then I find out she passed away last week and my thoughts were "Damn...I can't believe she's gone"

Hope this hasn't already been posted. It's an interview with Rue McClanahan discussing Bea's death and Bea's dislike for Betty. From the sound of it, Betty didn't understand why Bea hated her either.

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/what-...rthur-903.html
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Nicki Guest
    Betty always seem like she would have been a very easy person to get along with. Actually my friends mother knows Betty from all the Pet Programs they have done together through the years. She paints her as a very friendly easy going lady who very much values her friends. Betty sends her a Christmas Card every year without fail.
    Loved Bea....fantastic actress. Sounds like she very much floated her own boat and if she decided she didn't like a fellow actor for whatever reason, she made no bones about it.

STORMIE Guest
    Thanks for the article. Bea Arthur was an enormous talent. She totally rocked as Dorothy!

the saddest Golden Girls was the last episode after she married Leslie Nielsen where she kept running back in the house and the 4 women kept crying and hugging when Dorothy left they realized she wasn't going to run back in Sophia,Blanche and Rose hugged and cried.

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

John Connor Guest
    I have to watch this show sometimee. It sounds good. Is it online?

Can somebody give me a link to the Pam Anderson Roast that Bea was so funny in? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    You outdid yourself on this on Scott, truly.

I laughed out loud at the theme song with Rosie!

She was only 5' 91/2"? - she looked over 6 feet! I'm 5' 11" myself.

I had no idea she smoked and how very sad that one of the last things she said was she didn't want people to see her that way.

RIP Bea and thanks for the great work as always Scott.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    Can somebody give me a link to the Pam Anderson Roast that Bea was so funny in? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
    It's on Scott's FAD page about her, the link is a few posts up. Hilarious.

NSFW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    It's on Scott's FAD page about her, the link is a few posts up. Hilarious.

NSFW!!!
    Everytime I click on that my computer freezes up and I have to turn it off. New computer too. Any other way I can see it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    Everytime I click on that my computer freezes up and I have to turn it off. New computer too. Any other way I can see it?
    I'm having the same problem, priceless. Otherwise, excellent, fabulous work on Bea's page, Scott! Would you happen to know the words to the song about the pirate that she did in her one woman show? It's supposed to be a hoot.

SenorMuerto Guest

Nice job Scott and Mark! Bea was a classic!

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Great great great, man. Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Thanks, Scott. That is priceless! "Pitcher and catcher"...who knew?

Old Soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    She appeared in the 'Star Wars' tv special which was just odd. The whole show was just freaky. I recently saw part of it again and WOW -freaky!
    The ads between the show were equally weird. There was a chat going on(it was on-line) People kept wondering if the people of the network were doing acid while making variety shows.

Also- the film 'Metalheads'-the characters take a place hostage and one of their requests was 'nude pictures of Bea Arthur'
    Good quote, but i think the title is Airheads, its one of my watch-to-feel-good movies.

bluebird14 Guest
    She was my favorite Golden Girl, next to Estelle Getty.

I'm sad now

43. 05-23-2009, 11:31 PM

Didn't see this skit posted about her (I am sure if it has someone will be quick to jump all over me ) anyway, it is a sex and the city skit from tv land awards. Bea plays carrie, sally struthers is samantha, charlotte rae (facts of life) is well charlotte , and katherine helmond (whos the boss) plays miranda. They are older and well see for yourself, cause it is funny Classic Bea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKnO...eature=related

My favorite part is the metamucil in the cosmopolitan,, lol.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Excellent as usual Scott!! Nicely done

ShockDoc Guest
    Frankly, she seemed like a complete bitch to me- from her dislike of Betty White (I know one of Betty's good friends and he says Betty is one of the nicest, most down to earth people on the planet, which held true when I met her), to her treatment of her fans (as stated in the McClanahan interview, assuming it was true) to her onscreen personality, which I found about as charming as a dentist's drill. She's lucky she HAD fans, the ol' cow.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockDoc View Post
    Frankly, she seemed like a complete bitch to me- from her dislike of Betty White (I know one of Betty's good friends and he says Betty is one of the nicest, most down to earth people on the planet, which held true when I met her), to her treatment of her fans (as stated in the McClanahan interview, assuming it was true) to her onscreen personality, which I found about as charming as a dentist's drill. She's lucky she HAD fans, the ol' cow.

"Not really a morning person are ya pussycat?.."

ShockDoc Guest
    Lol. You have a point...sorry, I just reread and cant stop laughing. Okay, I admit I had a crappy day. Didnt mean all of it...

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi

Bea Arthur

Former "Golden Girl" and "Maude" star Beatrice Arthur passed away on April 25 at the age of 86. I thought there was a thread on this but did not find it. If so please merge.

http://www.people.com/people/article...274866,00.html
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 06-23-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Cataroo Guest
    Again???

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Again???
    Yes. But I could not find a thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress