Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Beverly Hills Supper Club Fire

Going to read about those two fires right now. Thanks, Mammy!

Mammy Guest
    You are very welcome! I enjoy having new people here to talk to and share opinions with.

Mammy, I just finished reading the section on The Station fire. Wayne Dammert, former Beverly Hills Supper Club employee, said that when the news came on and he saw that horrible clip of the victims piled up in the doorway, he immediately thought of the Beverly Hills victims.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

You're welcome, maryd. If you check out all of the different sections and postings, you will be Renowned in no time. Mammy deserves the accolades, because she is one of the real 'stars' here. She has a very memorable quote about two guys who killed multiple victims in restaurants (two different events): "They were both nuttier than squirrel shit."

Taken 25 minutes before the fire was discovered. This is the only known photo of the interior of the Zebra Room the night of the fire. Note: cake appears to be slumped to one side. Rosewood pannelling behind it faces ladies restroom (west). Attachment 42277

Remnant of carpet at site of fire.

Viennese Room

Corpses in front of Chapel.

Rear of Beverly Hills Supper Club.

Charred earth at fire site.

Thanks for the pics Alan. IMHO I think taking anything from the site would be bad mojo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

You're welcome, Miho. ITA, leave the items at the site where they belong.

Mammy Guest
    I think a lot of the artifacts are being put into a small local museum that someone is trying to get set up about the fire. I think that is a good thing. I'm sure there are people with items from the site that have kept them for themselves. The site has been there for thirty five years, so I'm sure that other people who looked around there and found items didn't think there was anything wrong with keeping something that had just been left laying on the ground for decades. The idea for a museum has been rather recent, I think.

I have no problem with the objects or artifacts being in the museum, but I wouldn't carry something home. Allegedly, there are strange 'howling' or screaming sounds at the site of the former club's Cabaret Room, where many people were trapped. These sounds are only heard at night, according to a blurb I read on Haunted Northern Kentucky. Another person posted on the topic page said that he went with a group to leave flowers and say a prayer. While they were praying, he distinctly heard an "old telephone ring" from the area that would've been the front of the building. No one had cell phones turned on at the time
    Last edited by Alanwench; 06-01-2012 at 10:27 PM.

This is from the site I mentioned. The person posting this calls himself Tom Sawyer:

Mar 21, 2012

"I lived in Northern KY until December 2007. My great aunt perished in the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire, and we did obtain permission to visit the site and pay our respects.
    I am very skeptical when it comes to the paranormal world, however while we were there, all of us did experience a dramatic temperature change. The day was very very hot, and while we were walking around the grounds,it suddenly felt like the temperature dropped 20 degrees. That was kinda spook because the temperature in my Yukon said it was 92 that day. But what was more bizzare was that we were all standing in the front area of where the building used to be, saying a prayer for everyone that perished, when suddenly we heard an old telephone ringing from what would have been the entrance to the club. I was the only one that had a cell phone with us, and my phone was on silent. We heard the ring seven times and could see the area that it was coming from, but no one or nothing that we could see was there.
    The strange thing was that we were never scared or afraid. And I agree with the other folks in that we were all overwhelmed with the same feelings of grief and sadness while we were there."
    Last edited by Alanwench; 06-01-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Anther entry:

Christian Anthe
    Malvern, PA
    Reply »
    |

Aug 12, 2011

"Yes, I have had some faint paranormal activity that I've witnessed up on the BHSC site. My cell phone that I KNOW was turned of, was mysteriously turned on. This happened on 2 different occasions for no apparent reason. I have felt the temperature drop suddenly when passing through the area where the Cabaret Room stage was, yet there was no water on the ground nor was it humid that day (no explanation for sudden drop in temperature, perhaps 10-15 degrees). I believe since so many people perished there, a ghost may have been passing through me. I have also heard a screaming sound (although not really human) that came from the Cabaret Room area. There is no reason for this howl/scream to have happened and was not an animal. It was too loud. There is no machinery nearby nor other humans; it happened in the dark at night. Other more subtle "feelings" have come into my mind in areas that I later found out is where bodies had been found, such as the Viennese Room and near the Northeast exit door of the Cabaret Room. I have never had an actual vision of a ghost though. There is a very haunting feeling up there though, as though time just stopped and forever will be a very creepy place."

It's interesting to note that when the fire started in the wall (at least until new evidence supports arson happening in another spot) patrons complained about a thunder-like noise coming from the walls of the Zebra Room.:
    one of the visitors
    Cincinnati, OH

Sep 14, 2010

"I walked on the grounds in May of 2009 and of course with permission. I was with my fiancee and we went to the cross that is on the hillside. As we made our way to the main path to the cabaret room, we heard thunder out of the clear blue. I was partly cloudy that day. I believe the souls got mad at us for disturbing their turf. We also felt like we were being watched or followed. I don't believe in ghosts but that day they said get off our land."
    Last edited by Alanwench; 06-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Another posting from Christian:
    Christian Anthe
    Florence, KY

Aug 14, 2011

"I have every reason to think there are lost souls trapped on the Beverly Hills Supper Club site hill, especially in the Cabaret Room area, near the stage and back dressing room areas especially. I have had my cell phone at night switched on up there twice, heard howls (not animals) and other strange phenomenon. I think one of the ghosts was trying to send a message to me, this one must have trusted me."

Well, I'm also obsessed with this now too as well as the Station fire and the Lady of the Angels. I also pulled up the thread on the Upstairs Lounge attack in New Orleans. I'm hoping to work my way to the Great Adventure Amusement Park.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for posting those, Alanwench. It gave me goosebumps to read the entries. Maybe that is why nothing has ever been built on the property. I'm sure any place built there would be haunted.

Nelliebean Guest
    Any pictures taken inside the club?

Nelliebean, I found the pic of the wedding cake set up in the Zebra Room on the night of the fire. Strange thing is that I've never found pics taken in the club of patrons enjoying a night out.

Cabaret Room

Attachment 42314 The area closest to the stage was called "The Pit." Guests were required to wear formal dress in this area. This gives a small glimpse of the closely set tables and chairs and it isn't difficult to visualize patrons leaping from table to table during the fire. After the fire, a firefighter found six bodies still sitting upright at a table.

24. 07-08-2012, 01:25 PM

25. 07-08-2012, 01:26 PM

26. 07-08-2012, 01:31 PM

My grandmother was set to go there that night to see JD's act.

She backed out at the last minute. Thank God.

I wasn't around back then. 10 years before my time. But, I've heard her and the rest of my family tell the story about 100 times. It seems.

Last year I almost went to Southgate (the town where the club was located) to see Quasi. But, I backed out because I kept thinking. Oh crap. What if it ends up like the BHSC while I'm there.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Mammy Guest
    I would love to go to the site and look around. I know there really isn't anything to see, but it would be interesting just knowing what had happened there and this huge building that was there and is now gone. I'm amazed that 35 years later nothing has ever been built on the site. I'm glad it hasn't, but still surprised. Land developers aren't usually known for respecting sentimental value. I think one reason it has sat undisturbed for so long is because it is up on a hill and even creating an access road to it would be very expensive, not to mention everything else the site would need. It's weird to think that the people who worked there at the time are now senior citizens and the younger patrons there that night are middle aged. I was nine years old when it happened and it seems like a long time ago, but not THAT long.

I'd go up there. But, if I heard anything weird I'd run down the hill screaming like a little girl.

I agree, toddmanning, I'd like to explore, but if I heard any howling/screaming or telephones ringing, I'd be running down that driveway!

I still wonder if the mob had anything to do with it.

Mammy Guest
    Do you think it was arson? I think it was. The rest of that burned building sure came down fast.

For years, I bought into the faulty aluminum wiring idea, but the more I read, I'm thinking arson, too. Toddmanning, I'm beginning to think it was mob related after all, but there will never be concrete proof.

Can't remember if this has been posted. After the fire taken by the fire department. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA4Og...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Excellent find! I'm not sure if I posted this or not, I'm having a bad case of CRS.

I'd like to see some of the news coverage that night. With Nick Clooney. I thought I found it on YT before. But, cannot anymore.

Does anyone have a link to it? Or any other live coverage of that night?

Quote Originally Posted by toddmanning View Post
    I'd like to see some of the news coverage that night. With Nick Clooney. I thought I found it on YT before. But, cannot anymore.

Does anyone have a link to it? Or any other live coverage of that night?
    Maybe here http://www.enquirer.com/beverlyhills/index2.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks.

I also found a live report of it on Channel 12's website. The anchor was using a phone in a newsroom. I have never seen that before.

Anything else today Alan.

I'm reading "Inside The Beverly Hills Supper Club" now.

Already on chapter 4.

Mammy Guest
    Bumping for TJ.

Hola. I'm back to this thread....for a long time in a while.

A friend of mine on a soap board was just telling me that she was good friends with one of the younger victims. And, I'm breaking down in tears.

Horrible. No child should have died because of the mess that the fucking owners were in.

Reading about the fire more right now. I want to check out another book on it soon.

I still say...mob hit. Cause, my mom's hubby at the time worked for the mob boobs here in KY. And, he was suspicious when it happened he said. And, made alot of nasty comments.

Mammy Guest
    Good to see ya! There are an awful lot of suspicious things surrounding the fire. It makes me think that rich, powerful people are keeping a proper investigation from being done. It's hard to believe it's been so long ago. May 28 is also mine and my husband's wedding anniversary, just many years later. I always remember the fire on that day. I would love to go look around at the site someday. It's amazing that nothing was ever built there.

My boyfriend is into haunted places. So, I'm thinking about asking him if we should go up there this memorial day weekend.

Also. I've been looking into the 'it's arson' stuff more and more. And, my heart and brain both are telling me...YES!

The Shilling's got a note in their mailbox the night of the fire (in the early morning hours right after it burned.) Saying..."We burned you before, We'll burn you again. You Keep Building. We'll keep burning!"

Also, as I've said before. My mom's first husband was in the mob. I've talked to my mom a million times on the subject. She told me that the day it happened he was acting extremely weird and after the news broke that he was making lewd comments and saying things like "It must have went off wrong" etc.

Then. I read today that it was supposed to burn overnight. They had placed a timer in the chandelier and put liquid graphite on the walls to cause the fire to spread quicker. They also screwed with the wiring in the Zebra Room. It was people that David Brock had seen in the building that morning wearing pinstriped suits doing that.

Total mob hit. And, I wish they'd look more into it. The KY government/cops are just pussies and they need to STFU and do something to catch the pieces of trash who killed 167 human beings.

I'm still so thankful my grandma gave away her tickets. I just hope the person she didn't give them to didn't die. I have never asked. I don't wanna hurt if that's the case. Cause she's 88. And, pretty fragile. Don't want a gammy meltdown.

EDIT: Mammy. Maybe if we could...start talking and getting to know each other more. We could go if my boyfriend don't want to. I'll help pay for some of the gas since you'd have to come to Winchester to come get me.

Also. I have a very sensitive pick up when it comes to the paranormal. So, if you wanna see someone have a meltdown. LOL.
    [SIZE=3]

Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 03-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toddmanning View Post
    My boyfriend is into haunted places. So, I'm thinking about asking him if we should go up there this memorial day weekend. Also. I've been looking into the 'it's arson' stuff more and more. And, my heart and brain both are telling me...YES! The Shilling's got a note in their mailbox the night of the fire (in the early morning hours right after it burned.) Saying..."We burned you before, We'll burn you again. You Keep Building. We'll keep burning!" Also, as I've said before. My mom's first husband was in the mob. I've talked to my mom a million times on the subject. She told me that the day it happened he was acting extremely weird and after the news broke that he was making lewd comments and saying things like "It must have went off wrong" etc. Then. I read today that it was supposed to burn overnight. They had placed a timer in the chandelier and put liquid graphite on the walls to cause the fire to spread quicker. They also screwed with the wiring in the Zebra Room. It was people that David Brock had seen in the building that morning wearing pinstriped suits doing that. Total mob hit. And, I wish they'd look more into it. The KY government/cops are just pussies and they need to STFU and do something to catch the pieces of trash who killed 167 human beings. I'm still so thankful my grandma gave away her tickets. I just hope the person she didn't give them to didn't die. I have never asked. I don't wanna hurt if that's the case. Cause she's 88. And, pretty fragile. Don't want a gammy meltdown. EDIT: Mammy. Maybe if we could...start talking and getting to know each other more. We could go if my boyfriend don't want to. I'll help pay for some of the gas since you'd have to come to Winchester to come get me. Also. I have a very sensitive pick up when it comes to the paranormal. So, if you wanna see someone have a meltdown. LOL. [SIZE=3]
    Hi first time post here, Where did you read about the timer? I guess their was over 150 new photos showing strange wiring bare wires in plugs I can't seem to find the new photos But seen 1 or 2 in the you tube video,wires in plugs maybe just whats left after the plug and wire covering burnt away? The story of the mob makes perfect sense for that time. I'll bet 100-1 it was supposed to happen after the club closed Mobsters never tried to kill innocents if it could be helped.Especially if they wanted to steal the patrons. What about insurance fraud?

seberly Guest
    There's a book that came out last year written by David Brock who was a busboy at the time. I believe it's him that is trying to put together a museum, but I don't believe much exists. He does a good job going over mob history of the era, and gives a pretty good account. I wish the details were fresher in my mind. They did have a hard time gaining access to public records which is documented here http://kentuckyopengovernmentblog.bl...ated-open.html I t

There were people in the club that day wiping down the walls, and also people working where they shouldn't have been. Like the person above wrote, I think the fire started before it was suppose to. the title of the book isThe Beverly Hills Supper Club The Untold Story Behind Kentucky's Worst Tragedy

and the kindle edition (which can be read on your computer) can be purchased for $10.00 here
    http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Supper...e+untold+story

Looks more and more like arson to me.

wynder Guest
    Hi all. I'm new here, but not new to the BHSC fire case. I assisted with the new investigation and results that were written about in Bob Webster's very concise book: The Beverly Hills Supper Club The Untold Story Behind Kentucky's Worst Tragedy.
    Someone asked about a picture of an electrical outlet with bare wires stuck in it. Here it is. It is a basement outlet we believe was used for some sort of ignition device.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04124.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	46734
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03239[2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	46726  
    Last edited by wynder; 05-15-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Awesome find, Wynder!

Holy cow. If nothing else how unsafe is that set up??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

37 Years Ago

Interior of Cabaret Room

Attachment 46985 Imagine trying to get out of this room, packed full of about 1000 frightened people. Chairs were also set up in the aisles. After the fire was extinguished, firefighters found charred corpses still sitting at a table, as if they were patiently waiting for the show to begin.