Thread: Virtual tour of Pere Lachaise Cemetery

crazedfemale Guest

Virtual tour of Pere Lachaise Cemetery

I looked to see if this link had been posted before and I couldn't locate it in the search mode. This is a virtual tour of the famous cemetery in Paris. Very interesting!

http://www.pere-lachaise.com/perelachaise.htm

Very cool!!! Thanks for the link!!!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Jazbabee Guest
    Way cool link !!!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Very neat! Thanks crazedfemale.

Great link!!

Northern Lights Guest
    Cool link, thanks!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Awesome link

nice link CF.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

glamgirltx Guest
    Excellent link! I'm a HUGE Doors fan and have been wanting to visit there for years!!

When I was going through my wild drinking days, I used to get totally wasted every July 3rd, play Doors songs and call the Pere Lachaise at 3am my time asking in this horrible french accent if Jim Morrison was still living there. This was around the time they talking about evicting him after his lease ran out (wtf @ having a "lease") or something like that and I checked every year for 6 years lol. I'm sure I wasn't the only asshole prank calling the cemetary that day.

That still makes me giggle a bit thinking about those days lol

sunshine74137 Guest
    I clicked on the dot for Georges Seurat, Is that really the pointalism Seurat?

cherryghost Guest
    Yes it is! Modigliani and his Jeanette are there also!

I have great photos of my visit a few years back I will post some! Off to work now!

Quote Originally Posted by glamgirltx View Post
    Excellent link! I'm a HUGE Doors fan and have been wanting to visit there for years!!

When I was going through my wild drinking days, I used to get totally wasted every July 3rd, play Doors songs and call the Pere Lachaise at 3am my time asking in this horrible french accent if Jim Morrison was still living there. This was around the time they talking about evicting him after his lease ran out (wtf @ having a "lease") or something like that and I checked every year for 6 years lol. I'm sure I wasn't the only asshole prank calling the cemetary that day.

That still makes me giggle a bit thinking about those days lol
    I am surprised you got through to the operator!!!!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

glamgirltx Guest
    I had an AT&T int'l. calling card. For an extra $10-$15, they would look the number up and call it for you. Soon as your party answered, they would hang up and I immediately started talking shit lol.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh, wee wee sir. Is uhhhhh Jeem Morrryson still uhhh living there?" LMAO I knew that French dude was cussing me out.

Last time I called was in 99 and had become really hard to get thru. Oh well...

Guest Guest
    Fantastic stuff - I virtually visited the grave of Edith Piaf
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2009 at 08:38 AM.

That is SO neat. It's so different from American cemetaries-they're almost on top of each other and it looks like a little city, not a park. Jim Morrison's grave is the only part of the cemetery I'd seen before. Thanks!

Very cool, thanks!