Thread: David McComb of the triffids

cherryghost Guest

David McComb of the triffids

Australian band the Triffids lead singer!
    If you were into great music by local bands you were seeing and loving the triffids. I would gladly forward music by this band to friends o/s and defy anyone to doubt its authenticity or genius! David died sadly in complicated circumstances that only recently came to light!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 11-09-2007 at 05:58 AM.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Australian band the Triffids lead singer!
    If you were into great music by local bands you were seeing and loving the triffids. I would gladly forward music by this band to friends o/s and defy anyone to doubt its authenticity or genius! David died sadly in complicated circumstances that only recently came to light!
    his songwriting was amazing.. the songs are so beautiful. Wide Open road gives me chills each time I hear it.

cherryghost Guest
    Yes the songs are beautiful and he was a great wordsmith! I saw the Triffids a lot in the early 80's in Sydney before they went to the UK and they were always beautiful to see and hear!

SiriusBlack Guest
    The Triffids were an amazing band and live they just kicked butt! It was a sad day for Australian music when David died he was a great singer and songwriter. Bury me deep in love is a classic and for albums Calenture is a must have.