Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2633343536 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 1771

Thread: Ken & Barbie Killers, Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    There is no way this woman can go unrecognized unless she has on one hell of a disguise. I still can't believe she is free. And the other nutjob is up in 2018? Please keep him locked up and throw away the key. If there is any example of an offender who will repeat what they have done, it's this dude.
    she has changed over 20 years. She wears a brown wig and sunglasses and goes unrecognized.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    she has changed over 20 years. She wears a brown wig and sunglasses and goes unrecognized.
    I wonder if people in Canada will be looking for her in disguise?

I wonder if people in Canada will be looking for her in disguise?
    she is living in Quebec and she speaks French. Quebec has its own culture and they did not follow the Bernardo/Homolka case as closely as the rest of Canada/USA.

Zilla Guest
    I just finished Deadly Innocence and I got Invisible Darkness (among my other stacks of books I have waiting to be read.) There is no doubt in my mind that Paul was the one that killed both girls. He is the sick fucker that decapitated, barbecued, and ate a family pet, (their iguana bit him) in front of friends, no less. He was the one with the track history of violence, who initiated the electrical cords into his sex life (placing them around his partners throats..Carol and Karla) and he undoubtedly beat the crap out of his wife on a regular basis. Karla, as amoral as she was/is in not helping these captive women and helping to kidnap Kristen French, abetting in the drugging and rape of other girls, did manage to hold down a a job at a pet store and then at a veterinary clinic, where there were no complaints about her behavior or any abuse towards the animals. There really weren't, it seemed, complaints about her before she met Paul. Paul just seemed, from what I read, to be a completely loose cannon, and his ability to slip in and out of different personalities as it suited him is pretty frightening.

I do not believe Karla caused him to kill these girls, I think he was well on the way to becoming a murderer with or without her. I don't believe for a minute that she would kill people on her own, the power thing seemed to be Paul's and Paul's alone and she just went along with it. It did seem from what the book said that the Crown had no choice but to cut a deal with her because they never would have sealed the case without her testimony.

Although I also think that she was afraid of her husband, and had good reason to be, she is one of those people that Dante was referring to when he wrote about hell and people who do nothing in times of moral crisis, but I don't think she is a public threat. Paul is a major public threat and always will be. She is someone who is weakwilled and easily manipulated and did some very horrible things in order to ingratiate herself to her then husband, with no regard to others. She got very, very lucky with the deal she got. I think she is more in danger from the public than the public is from her.

she is living in Quebec and she speaks French. Quebec has its own culture and they did not follow the Bernardo/Homolka case as closely as the rest of Canada/USA.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Mammy Guest
    I think it is harder to prove what role Karla played in the murders of Leslie and Kristen, but I can't get past the things she did to her own little sister, Tammy. I don't see how her own family stands to even look at her.

Wow. I saw this in the paper at work but thought it was just the Sun being sensational. Can't believe she actually wants to live here again.

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post

Speaking of the community: Why is this total waste of cells up for parole in four years? Really Canada? Well if you let him out, for the love of God, keep him there. We've got enough crazies over here.
    There is no way this woman can go unrecognized unless she has on one hell of a disguise. I still can't believe she is free. And the other nutjob is up in 2018? Please keep him locked up and throw away the key. If there is any example of an offender who will repeat what they have done, it's this dude.
    Lol don't worry. He's not getting out.
    Last edited by beep; 10-20-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I wonder if they'll have Karla masks for Halloween in Canada. Zilla and Mammy - I thought that in one of the death hag books, they had transcripts of tapes made when torturing and killing the girls which indicated that she was enjoying it as much as Paul. I can't remember which book it was, maybe a different one than mentioned. I read it, along with a co-worker years ago. It seemed like she was just as involved. Also, Paul never forgave her for not being a virgin, 'for him', and used that against her as a guilt thing. They remind me of 'The Hillside Stranglers' of Los Angeles.

Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka
    Fireside Chat (Transcript)

http://mascaramurder.blogspot.co.uk/...-chat.html?m=1

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I wonder if they'll have Karla masks for Halloween in Canada. Zilla and Mammy - I thought that in one of the death hag books, they had transcripts of tapes made when torturing and killing the girls which indicated that she was enjoying it as much as Paul. I can't remember which book it was, maybe a different one than mentioned. I read it, along with a co-worker years ago. It seemed like she was just as involved. Also, Paul never forgave her for not being a virgin, 'for him', and used that against her as a guilt thing. They remind me of 'The Hillside Stranglers' of Los Angeles.
    I haven't read any of the books, so you're probably right. I just have a hard time getting past what she did to her sister and I remembered that more than the other victims. I don't think she had a problem with anything he did until he started smacking her around.

Wearing a Karla mask would probably get you killed now that the bitch is back in Canada ! I read one of the books when it first came out, very graphic details I had trouble reading it. She was very much involved, hence the Deal with the Devil "deal" she made. Her lawyer handed over the tapes after that deal was made, and they show her full participation ! http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...18-074047.html

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Wearing a Karla mask would probably get you killed now that the bitch is back in Canada ! I read one of the books when it first came out, very graphic details I had trouble reading it. She was very much involved, hence the Deal with the Devil "deal" she made. Her lawyer handed over the tapes after that deal was made, and they show her full participation ! http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...18-074047.html
    Thanks for the link. I need to reread some on this case. My mind is getting foggy on the details. Didn't she help lure Kristen to Paul's car?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I think it is harder to prove what role Karla played in the murders of Leslie and Kristen, but I can't get past the things she did to her own little sister, Tammy. I don't see how her own family stands to even look at her.
    Me either. I can't imagine being her mother. I love all 3 of mine equally and if one killed the other, how in the world would I feel? I can't even answer that. I would still love the "Karla", but damn, how do you have anything else to do with him/her? I don't know, that has to be a tough situation to be in. I think Karla has them convinced it was all Paul and they don't really feel that she had anything to do with Tammy's murder.

Mammy Guest
    Me either. I can't imagine being her mother. I love all 3 of mine equally and if one killed the other, how in the world would I feel? I can't even answer that. I would still love the "Karla", but damn, how do you have anything else to do with him/her? I don't know, that has to be a tough situation to be in. I think Karla has them convinced it was all Paul and they don't really feel that she had anything to do with Tammy's murder.
    They would have to be dumber than a bag of hammers to believe anything she says. She's the one who brought home the halothane, they gave Tammy alcoholic beverages that were spiked, videoed every thing they did to her, watched her own family suffer and grieve when she knew all along what happened to Tammy, and even had the nerve to bitch about them not paying enough attention to Karla's wedding because they were so upset over Tammy dying. She sure didn't care about them, so I can't understand how they can stand to be around her.

They would have to be dumber than a bag of hammers to believe anything she says. She's the one who brought home the halothane, they gave Tammy alcoholic beverages that were spiked, videoed every thing they did to her, watched her own family suffer and grieve when she knew all along what happened to Tammy, and even had the nerve to bitch about them not paying enough attention to Karla's wedding because they were so upset over Tammy dying. She sure didn't care about them, so I can't understand how they can stand to be around her.
    Do you think they are in denial and actually believe Karla or that she has somehow convinced them she really wasn't responsible? Maybe they are just as looney as she is.

ETA: Stealing this: Dumber than a bag of hammers.

Mammy Guest
    Do you think they are in denial and actually believe Karla or that she has somehow convinced them she really wasn't responsible? Maybe they are just as looney as she is.

ETA: Stealing this: Dumber than a bag of hammers.
    I really don't know what to think of them.

I really don't know what to think of them.
    Me either. I agree with you though, I just don't think I could stand to look at her. All I would think about would be my dead daughter.

Mammy Guest
    Me either. I agree with you though, I just don't think I could stand to look at her. All I would think about would be my dead daughter.
    Yes, me too, and all of the misery she caused them.

Yes, me too, and all of the misery she caused them.
    The only thing I can figure is that maybe they looked at Karla and said well if we give up on her we have lost 2 children. I don't know. Like I said above they must be somewhat like her in regards to lacking in the empathy department.

Mammy Guest
    The only thing I can figure is that maybe they looked at Karla and said well if we give up on her we have lost 2 children. I don't know. Like I said above they must be somewhat like her in regards to lacking in the empathy department.
    Yeah, I definitely think there are some screws loose somewhere.

21. 10-20-2014, 05:42 PM

Well from reading the transcript in full, She was as guilty as he was and when she said she wished they had four children so Paul could fuck them, that sickened me. I pray to God that her children are safe. I hope she feels so much pain and remorse for what she did to her sister and to the other girls, now that she is a mother.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Holy crap, that 'fireside chat' transcript is disturbing! Strange that I was just thinking of these two freaks the other day. And even stranger is the connection to the other current freak's trial, Luka Magnotta, that's going on now! He was also from Scarborough, ON (I'm sure he's very knowledgeable about their case; heck, they were probably his inspiration), and used Karla's sister's new name (you know, the sister she *didn't* kill) as the return address on the packages of body parts he mailed.
    Last edited by Katrinawitch; 10-22-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Your welcome Mammy, and yes she did help lure her. I have always believed she was the one who called the shots, her being abused and in fear for her life was just an act.

Doughbake1 Guest
    Having just read up on this case, there is no way that Karla Homolka was anything less than an active and willing participant. And insofar as the murders were concerned, she was definitely the one calling the shots. She ought to be behind bars herself still for that.

Firstly, whilst the death of her sister was clearly unintentional and to some extent Karla's participation in the sexual assault upon her was less than 100% enthusiastic - Paul Bernardo repeatedly having to order her protesting self to do such things - she did willingly plan the rape of her own drugged sister for him. She also dated and married him knowing him to be the Scarborough rapist, and saw nothing wrong with these extra-curricular activities of his. Indeed, she regarded them as kind of cool.

The two women who were deliberately murdered, she fully and actively participated in the sexual assualts upon, quite obviously enjoying it, and talking about it on camera in such a matter of fact way like it was no big deal, despite the at times obvious distress of the victims who were after all only 15 and 14. She even focussed the camcorder in on their distress, and was at times smiling flirtatiously into the camera as either she or Paul Bernardo raped their victims. She was even caught in a camera shot via a reflection watching and smiling as Bernardo urinated on his 14 year old victim. And she herself forced that same victim to engage in utterly disgusting sex acts upon herself having first seen Bernardo force their victim to do it to him. In the background, the flex that would ultimately be used to strangle her was visible in camera shot.

In the case of this second victim, there was no blindfold involved. Clearly it was never intended that she be allowed to live to identify het attackers. And twice Karla was left alone with her victim for prolonged periods whilst Paul fetched food and had ample opportunity to release her if she herself were in any way under duress during his presence. She chose not to do so. And even by her own admission she was present and watched as Paul strangled these victims. And yet even this never led to her behaving in any other way than that of a besotted lover who saw nothing wrong in anything that was happening, laughing and joking and carrying on in life as if the murders never happened and were indeed no more of an "issue" for her than some minor domestic thing. And it is most notable how quickly she closed down emotionally even after the death of her own sister, talking about her being "gone" and laughing and joking with Paul as if it were nothing.

In fact, Karla comes across as a sociopath herself, and they can be very convincing to those who do not keep their wits about them, and initially she had enough people fooled to shift almost all the blame onto Paul when the truth was obviously on the verge of coming out.

But it should also be noted that Karla had an obsession with sex - particularly perverted sex - and death, and delighted in reading about sex killer criminals. She'd enjoy reading books about sexually motivated murders, delighting in reading the worst passages out to some of her closest associates who were secretly rather "weirded out" by this. Amongst some of them her interest in sex and death and serial sexual murder was regarded as "obsessive".

It is also notable that although already an active rapist even before he met Karla, Paul had never killed any of his victims. It is possible that if he had remained active and uncaught he would have gone on to to so, as some such offenders do, but before he met her, a desire to kill does not seem to have been one of his motivations. And - though as a sociopath himself his word is perhaps less than trustworthy - he has always maintained that Karla was the one who committed the murders.

Certainly though - and the evidence seems clear to me on this - she was the driving force behind them. At the very least, Paul murdered them at her instigation, with her full approval, whilst she enjoyed watching, no doubt getting off on the fact that her own man was now one of the very types of sex killers she enjoyed reading about so much. But in all probability, she did more than simply smile as she watched them being strangled. I rather suspect that she is likely to have physically participated in their murders. Indeed, I think it quite likely that she herself may indeed have been the one who strangled them. With her obsession with death and sexual murder in combination with her sociopathic lack of empathy, compassion, and moral boundaries, doing something like this is likely to have been the ultimate thrill for her.

It is also notable that of the two of them, Paul seemed to be the one most obsessed with videotaping their favourite activities. The fact that thus far it seems the actual murders themselves were never videotaped also suggests to me that these deeds were more her "thing" than his.

And her primary defence - something about being cowed down in so much fear of him that she felt compelled to participate - is surely obvious bullshit. By all accounts, the video tapes show her actively participating in the sexual assaults on distressed victims with her own pleasure in doing so blatantly obvious. And when Barnardo did finally start beating up on her in a serious way she was quick enough to leave him. That is not someone cowed down with fear. But even when she left him, she just carried on having fun, wholly untroubled, it seems, by what she was supposedly "forced" to participate in.

It was only when the police collared Paul for the Scarborough rapes, and Karla immediately assumed they were going to find the videotapes and other incriminating evidence, that Karla realised she had to come forward and get her own "story" in first to save her ass.

And she appears to have largely gotten away with it, which is most galling.

And it seems that since her release from a very short sentence, she has, insofar as anyone can tell, lived a largely uncontrovertial existence, no longer seeking to act out her depraved sex and murder fantasies. But on one level that makes her original crimes even worse. She is clearly not driven by any overwhelming compulsion to do such things, however much she may have enjoyed doing them. It is not something she couldn't stop herself from doing. She is perfectly capable of choosing not to behave in this way. So the fact that she did what she did was purely something she chose to do for fun, rather than felt driven to. She chose to kill, participate in the killing of, or instigate the killing of, two young teenage schoolgirls purely for her own pleasure.

In fact, it seems that with the first of the two victims - whom Paul brought back on his own to rape - murder was never on the agenda at first and serious attempts were maintained throughout the videotaping to prevent the victim from being able to see her attackers. But for some reason, at some point Karla grew annoyed - a little jealous of the attention being lavished upon the victim it seemed - and left Paul alone for much of the day to do as he willed whilst she went out to work and to hang out with friends. At no point did she behave in any way distressed whilst out, even though she was fully aware that Paul had kidnapped and was raping a 15 year old girl at her home. She had no problem with that at all, beyond a kind of petty resentment that she was getting less attention as a result.

I strongly suspect that her ultimate murder was an "offering" to Karla, both to satisfy her own perverted desire to murder a sex slave, and to sate any feelings of jealousy. Wthin days she was getting blissfully married in what she regarded as her dream wedding to her dream guy. No moral qualms at all there.

The second murder victim I suspect was an intentional kill from the very start. Karla herself was an active participant in her kidnap, and a full and willing participant in the sexual assaults that followed, with even the flex that would ultimately be used to kill her being left deliberately on display. This was the victim whom Karla was twice left alone with for prolonged periods, but whom she had no intention of releasing. I suspect that she looked forward to killing her from the start, the ultimate thrill after she and Paul had had their fun with her in every other concievable way.

This evil woman - I am convinced - chose to indulge in crimes of the utmost depravity just for the fun of it, with no moral qualms whatsoever.

The leniency she was shown is a travesty of justice. Worse, she now has her own children. And clearly, a sociopath so lacking in any discernible moral compass with such a sexually depraved mindset is surely always going to be potentially dangerous.

Murphee Guest
    There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

I just watched a movie called 'Karla'. It had Misha Collins as Paul, (he plays Castiel on Supernatural). It was an attempt to show that she had no choice in participating in the murders due to her terrible abuse. She was abused by him, sure, but she totally ignored the suffering happening in front of her eyes. The second victim was caught with her help. Lots of people are abused but wouldn't allow a girl to be raped repeatedly by her husband. A while back I read a book about them, which included transcripts of the video tapes. Pretty horrific stuff. Also, she insisted on her big elaborate wedding not long after the sister was killed. Her family though she should tone it down, but she went all out. She was so guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I just watched a movie called 'Karla'. It had Misha Collins as Paul, (he plays Castiel on Supernatural). It was an attempt to show that she had no choice in participating in the murders due to her terrible abuse. She was abused by him, sure, but she totally ignored the suffering happening in front of her eyes. The second victim was caught with her help. Lots of people are abused but wouldn't allow a girl to be raped repeatedly by her husband. A while back I read a book about them, which included transcripts of the video tapes. Pretty horrific stuff. Also, she insisted on her big elaborate wedding not long after the sister was killed. Her family though she should tone it down, but she went all out. She was so guilty.
    I totally agree 100%. Anyone who rapes and murders is...well there are no words strong enough but to help someone do it to your own flesh and blood makes it so much worse. Normally I'm not one for killing people and believe they should live and suffer. What he did was bad but for me, her actions were so much worse. The girl was her little sister and rather than protect her from the devil, this bitch not only served her to him on a platter, she decided to have a bite herself. There is a special place in Hell for her and the sooner she goes the better for everyone.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Amen shellc. If I could legally kill one person in my life with no punishment I do believe Karla would be my choice. The thought of her living her life happily in the tropics with a family is just sickening. I saw a new show about her and Paul just the other day. They went even further than any show I've seen about them before on her involvement in the crimes. She took obvious JOY in torturing these girls. Those tapes should not have been destroyed. I don't want to see them for the gore but to see just how involved she was. I think that had a lot to do with why they were destroyed. More about the cops letting this animal off the hook rather than the objectionable material.

luckyinlove Guest
    What book did you read, Hidium?

I don't remember which book it was, it was a long time ago... My friend at work and I took turns reading it. It had transcripts of the tapes they made. It was bad, he had a sort of script that he made the victims follow, things they had to say while he was raping them. If they didn't say these things in the right order or he would be really pissed. Poor girls.

Guess who thinks they deserve day parole,pffft.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...onto-area.html
    "I am ready to meet my Maker.Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter."

Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Guess who thinks they deserve day parole,pffft.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...onto-area.html
    I don't know why the media gives it the time of day. It's like when Charlie Manson goes for parole.

Anything to sell papers I guess. It's been all over talk radio, too.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I don't know why the media gives it the time of day. It's like when Charlie Manson goes for parole.

Anything to sell papers I guess. It's been all over talk radio, too.
    True, I agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

While we're on the subject, the abduction spots and dumping spots are really close to where I live. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes away.

I've been thinking about going around and filming some video. Also the gravesites are very close aswell.

Would it be worth my time? I wonder if people here would be interested.
    Last edited by beep; 07-07-2015 at 11:44 PM.

While we're on the subject, the abduction spots and dumping spots are really close to where I live. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes away.

I've been thinking about going around and filming some video. Also the gravesites are very close aswell.

Absolutely .......I would be
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

which spots do you mean? because I live in st. catharines and where Kristen was abducted from is 1.5 hours away from Toronto and where she's buried is even further
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go for it!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is where Leslie made her last phone call, and an aerial view of the street she lived on and the store. If only her friend had let her stay the night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	52844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	313.2 KB 
ID:	52845  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Thank you!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Go for it I would love to see pictures.

Once and for all the cry babies need to get over it
    Karla is where she belongs and Paul is where he
    belongs.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I have to respectfully disagree that Karla belongs living in free society with children of her own after what she did to those other girls and her own sister. Bullshit on her domestic abuse excuse. The tapes prove she is just as much of a monster as Paul, if not more since she is a traitor to her gender and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree that Karla belongs living in free society with children of her own after what she did to those other girls and her own sister. Bullshit on her domestic abuse excuse. The tapes prove she is just as much of a monster as Paul, if not more since she is a traitor to her gender and her family.
    She belongs in solitary confinement.....period
    March 1934-July 2016

They had to make a deal with her, that became infamous here in Canada as "The Deal With The Devil". They knew full well what she had done and what she was capable of. The tapes proved she was totally involved, and not because of him. She enjoyed what she was doing. I really believe she was the one with the "balls" and she called the shots. I sometimes think I will turn on the news and the top story will be someone gunned her down.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Here here!I'm certain that it is among these pages, but I read that the judge decided the jury didn't need to hear that Karla laughed while Paul defecated and urinated on the tied up victims prior to their murder. Someone who is CONFUSED about her own role can't muster up a genuine laugh.

Nope.... That crazy bitch needs to be under the prison. Everything she did starting with her OWN sister makes her guilty as HELL!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Homolka has resurfaced in a little town outside of Montreal - some residents are not happy

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/karla-homo...204219573.html

luckyinlove Guest
    Homolka has resurfaced in a little town outside of Montreal - some residents are not happy

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/karla-homo...204219573.html
    Glad she's getting crap from people. She is a monster.

Not to be petty but I'd love to see a current picture of Karla. That one is 10 years old and she looks rode hard and put away wet. By my calculations she's around 35 in that picture. I wonder how she's looking these days.

I don't blame those families, I'd be upset as well, especially if I had a kid going to school with her. Now I don't really think she's going to reoffend but that's beside the point. She should never have been let out for what she did in the first place. I know nothing can be done now but it still pisses me off so much every time I am reminded of her.

One of the commenters does make a good point, how was she allowed to leave Canada and move to the Caribbean with her record? Does she have a criminal record now, or was it somehow expunged with her deal?

Homolka calls police when reporters show up at her house

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ka...o-speak-to-her