Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andre The Giant

jeffl Guest

Andre the Giant

Ive been seeing alot of celebs on here an I enjoy the site but the one person I'd love to see is Ander the Giant

Bidmor Guest

Andre was mostly a pro wrestler but did some acting too. he was the original Bigfoot/Sasqutach on The Six Million Dollar Man in the mid 70's. he appeared in lots of movies and TV roles and was in The Princess Bride. other famous wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan, the Rock,Stone Cold Steve Austin,Roddy Piper,John Cena and Triple H etc. all starred in movies too. if they died I think they should be in this section too even if some of them weren't good actors.

I hear he has a daughter. It'd be interesting to see what she looks like.

rjbrasher Guest
    well she would be 33 now, but there is a video where it has some pictures of her on there, here is one pic that is floating around the net at age 10Click image for larger version. 

Name:	andresdaughter.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	43505

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I hear he has a daughter. It'd be interesting to see what she looks like.
    The descriptions I've seen online say she's around 6 feet tall and bears a strong resemblance to her father.

Here's a picture from four years ago. If one could judge by looks, she looks to be a very nice and kind person, sort of like Michael Clarke Duncan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANDRE DAUGHT..jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	43516  

Thanks for the pics of his daughter. Yes, he couldn't deny her, could he? She's a spitting image of him...

Seagorath Guest
    I love Andre the Giant. Remember Wrestlemania 3? He was the greatest. And he was in the Princess Bride.

Andre the Giant's estate is in my county. Its a few miles from me. My boyfriend took him to the crematory. I can't remember all the details and he is at work. I'll ask him when he gets home.

I had a crazy Uncle, kind of like Andre the Giant.
    Who showed up on holiday's just to drink all our booze
    and make a pest of himself.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Seagorath Guest
    Andre the Giant also portrayed the first Bionic Bigfoot and fights the Six Million Dollar Man in the original 70s series...that I watched with spit bubbles and awe in the late 70s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZMn_711s4

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Andre the Giant's estate is in my county. Its a few miles from me. My boyfriend took him to the crematory. I can't remember all the details and he is at work. I'll ask him when he gets home.
    Not by himself I hope lol
    http://freaksatnight.wordpress.com/2...ant-fun-facts/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Oh no, lol. He was embalmed in France (poorly) and shipped here (NC). There was not a crematory in our county at the time so he was taken to the next county. It took several of them to get him up there, take him out, and get him in the retort.

Wow, could he drink his beer or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Andre the Giant also portrayed the first Bionic Bigfoot and fights the Six Million Dollar Man in the original 70s series...that I watched with spit bubbles and awe in the late 70s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZMn_711s4
    Yes, I'm old enough to remember watching that on TV.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

As I have mentioned before, Andre lived in my hometown. His estate is finally being sold. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www.yourdailyjournal.com/news...ome-in-Ellerbe

Also, my boyfriend took Andre to the crematory. I know I've mentioned this earlier, but I will get the updated story of them getting Andre's casket from France, etc. once I have time to sit down and type it out. My boyfriend also has a picture of himself standing beside Andre's casket. I'll post as soon as I have time to scan it in.

With Andre, it wasn't just that he was tall, but that he was MASSIVE, courtesy of the acromegaly.

Check out this pic:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_ml49ox5VWZ1s26dlyo1_1280.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	52554  
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Bidmor Guest
    Re-read some of the articles on Andre. Fascinating. Twice in his career he refused surgery to stem or cure his illness. One article stated it was because Andre hated meds of any kind. One of Andre's early van drivers...might have been a young Jake Roberts...theorized that Andre's increasing drinking was his own pain med.

Andre made many a wrestler famous by letting them appear stronger than they were, and would be a great friend if he thought someone wasn't trying to brown nose him.

Another article claimed that the Hogan winning the WWF belt from Andre was Andre's idea. By that time he was in a great amount of pain and ready to call it quits. Supposedly Andre went to McMahon with the proposal of working a belt match so that Hogan would win. They then approached Hogan with the idea and that was it. At the time, Andre was a heel and Hogan was the new and hot face in WWF.

And, Andre was a dead serious cribbage player. There were matches which began a little late because Andre wanted to finish a game with whoever in the dressing room.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 04-03-2015 at 07:38 PM.

I just had a macabre' thought and I'll drop it here. Do you figure, being so big a person, he had a liver the size of a toddler?

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    I just had a macabre' thought and I'll drop it here. Do you figure, being so big a person, he had a liver the size of a toddler?
    that was addressed in the doc. His organs didn't grow along with his body. his heart was too small a he died from congestive heart failure.