View Poll Results: Willing to go for a get together?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm in!

27 28.42%
  • Nah, don't count on me

12 12.63%
  • I want to, but need to know date,place and time

56 58.95%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAD Get together?

No sorry. Client returns won't be in until April 15th. Hubby's often filing extensions for stragglers right up until the deadline. Corporate clients are a mind-numbing amount of work for him. Think Google and Yahoo. Those are a couple of his clients.

If you mean most people who are getting refunds should have them by filing them electronically themselves by then, I'd say yeah that's a good bet.

If you guys end up going before April 17th, it's not a big deal. Whatever works best for the West Coast group is whatever works. If not this year, I'll make it another time. But I'll keep my eye on this thread in case something changes.

someone would need to organize this thing. I'm well up for it, but I can't set it up. Someone wants to figure on a date, we can do it.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    someone would need to organize this thing. I'm well up for it, but I can't set it up. Someone wants to figure on a date, we can do it.
    But what is the best time for you? Are some months busier than others? What is the best time in LA to go?

Off tourist season is best, but it doesn't really matter. Find out when is better for most, and we'll deal.

There is hope!

Thanks Scott

qulevergrrl,

Do you feel up to organizing this or is that not quite what you meant? It's a big undertaking (-no pun intended. Ok, maybe a little one.) so if not, maybe folks can mention they'd like to work on figuring this out in groups for their regions or something like that.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    I'm in Florida ... so I am assuming that no matter where it's held, it's gonna be a long drive for me ...
    And a long flight and drive for me i live in the UK LOL

Bigfoot Guest
    Off tourist season is best, but it doesn't really matter. Find out when is better for most, and we'll deal.
    And when is that off-season?

How about San Francisco, CA. There seems to be a few Death Hags in or near the Bay Area. I suppose that if people were going to come to California though they would prefer LA. I guess that would be the Mecca for this site. Maybe those of us in Northern California could do something up here.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Daphne Guest
    I suggest the following:

A firm date
    At least 10 of us going..

I will be there! What is a good date? I also need to travel, but will start saving and planning for it if we can get those two points covered, omfg, what a blast it would be!!

Jaxxx Guest
    count me in....

Daphne Guest
    k! peeps,

Daphne Guest
    OY saved again before I could finish, k... peeps, dates? place to meet etc?

Daphne Guest
    And, once we think of a date .. or range, we can confirm with scott he is cool with it ya?

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    But what is the best time for you? Are some months busier than others? What is the best time in LA to go?
    Jan-Feb-March are very slow months for me, are we talking about an evening? Are we talking a weekend of activities?

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    I would love to, but a vast amount of water and about 3000 miles kinda hinders my chances.

Exactly

janie Guest
    How about we all rent a party bus in Los Angeles and Scott will take us on a private tour!! Wouldn't that be so cool?

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    There is hope!

Thanks Scott

qulevergrrl,

Do you feel up to organizing this or is that not quite what you meant? It's a big undertaking (-no pun intended. Ok, maybe a little one.) so if not, maybe folks can mention they'd like to work on figuring this out in groups for their regions or something like that.

What do you guys think?

I could do it with someone. I did a really big one for another board before, but my husband has cancer. The cool thing is my job is cake right now. So if we do make it in late Febish or so I could really kick it in and help, yeah.

qulevergrrl Guest
    O.k., well I've had my coffee, and I'm now way into this. The only thing is that there ARE going to be people upset and left out because of when, where, and how it is done. Just remember, this does not have to be the only one or the definitive gathering. It is just one. There will be three polls. The first will be a date, the second will be the "type" i.e. 1.) buy a ticket and everything is done 2.) I'll do some work so that I don't have to shell out dough, the third poll will be should there be pre-arranged rooms for out of towners, or should they be responsible for their own everything. The reason for the last poll is that I can get huge discounts on blocks depending on how many people can committ.

There will be only ONE person with veto ability. Scott. He will be able to veto the date and anything else he feels will comprimise (sp) the integrity of his business or the spirit of FAD. Other than that, we will go with majority rule.

Anyone else want to help? I'm not a dictator, just a pretty good organizer. But I am a VERY bad speller.

rjbrasher Guest
    I'm up to anything, if its for this spring i wont be able to attend due to the baby, but if there happen to be a summer or fall one i can do it, or just come up in 2009.

dovescry1999 Guest
    I'm Telling you guys...
    We can make a great weekend of it !
    Take a few trips on Scott's tour, and then head to Las Vegas, and dig up some gangsters buried in the desert !
    Or, Dress up like O.J. And go to the Palace Station hotel (That was my place, people !) and take some fake guns...

Oh, sorry, I was dreaming when I wrote this...

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I'm Telling you guys...
    We can make a great weekend of it !
    Take a few trips on Scott's tour, and then head to Las Vegas, and dig up some gangsters buried in the desert !
    Or, Dress up like O.J. And go to the Palace Station hotel (That was my place, people !) and take some fake guns...

Oh, sorry, I was dreaming when I wrote this...
    Love Prince, I'm assuming your a fan just from "when doves cry"

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm in!
    I'm East Coast, but would prefer El A so I can do the tour.

magblax Guest
    End of Feb. - middle of March 2008? Sounds like a date!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I'm right outside NYC but I will be in Fla in January (Daytona)...what say, Cataroo, dj?
    I can do it then. We can have a drink at the Last Resort where Aileen Wuernos was captured. It's a little seedy. Actually, it's a lot seedy, but there's safety in numbers, right? They had coffee and donuts and said a prayer the morning she bit the dust, so they sound like nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    OK, who all is in the Northeast??
    Maine here
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Rj, could you attend if it was in Feb? Even if you couldn't help with the planning? Would it be too much physically for you? Seriously? I don't know how far along or how difficult of a pregnancy you are having. I was thinking of a Feb date for Calis. Just a regional one to start with. Or for anyone who wants to come out. I mean, I can get a block of rooms anytime. Scott said Feb is one of the good months for him. I was just thinking along the lines of one day chock full of tour stuff and another day/eve of like a dinner thingy.

susalu Guest
    i have just enough frequent flyer miles for a trip to LA i think! all months are equally good for me, except for September... that's my crunch time at work...

i have access to timeshares in Anaheim, Costa Mesa, and Oceanside. Which location would be closest to where we might end up? don't know if that will be an option for me or not!

PvN73 Guest
    I dont mind if it is late Feb, but would prefer March.

Bigfoot Guest
    If it's going to be in March, I don't think I can make it. I'll be in PR around that time.

SistaSara Guest
    Hey now....seems I'm jumping on a little late...but hell to the yeah I wanna go. As y'all probably know I'm in Los Angeles....so let me know. We could all meet up at Marylin's grave and go from there.
    Last edited by SistaSara; 11-27-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    Maine here
    Regarding Northeast U.S. Death Hags: Chiming in late, but I'm in the immediate Boston area.
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 11-27-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: unclear abbreviation

Yes, Floridian hags...I'd love to meet up with you when I'm there in January. If anyone is in the NYC area..let's get together. I can show you the Amityville house!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Bigfoot Guest
    Ohioans and sorroundings, report!

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    Regarding Northeast U.S. Death Hags: Chiming in late, but I'm in the immediate Boston area.
    I think us Northeast Hags are going to be all alone lol
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    O.k., well I've had my coffee, and I'm now way into this. The only thing is that there ARE going to be people upset and left out because of when, where, and how it is done. Just remember, this does not have to be the only one or the definitive gathering. It is just one. There will be three polls. The first will be a date, the second will be the "type" i.e. 1.) buy a ticket and everything is done 2.) I'll do some work so that I don't have to shell out dough, the third poll will be should there be pre-arranged rooms for out of towners, or should they be responsible for their own everything. The reason for the last poll is that I can get huge discounts on blocks depending on how many people can committ.

There will be only ONE person with veto ability. Scott. He will be able to veto the date and anything else he feels will comprimise (sp) the integrity of his business or the spirit of FAD. Other than that, we will go with majority rule.

Anyone else want to help? I'm not a dictator, just a pretty good organizer. But I am a VERY bad speller.
    I want to go! I can put the pedal to the metal and be there in about 6 hours! Quicker than flying these days!
    So quelevergrrl I can spell, let me know if I can help!

I'll be away for the last part of March, from the 15th, for at least a week.

PvN73 Guest
    I'll be away for the last part of March, from the 15th, for at least a week.
    where are you going? tell us so we can stalk you! haa

susalu Guest
    lol pauline.... you are going to have to have one of us northamericans stalk him by proxy, probably, unless he is going to australia!!!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    lol pauline.... you are going to have to have one of us northamericans stalk him by proxy, probably, unless he is going to australia!!!
    I am sure my super spy DH network will be put to great use then!!!!

SistaSara Guest
    Why do you think I moved to the L.A. area?

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    Why do you think I moved to the L.A. area?
    I dont blame you, I have to start working on getting a green card and move there too!

Can you pls send me some pics of what he is doing Now... and now... and now

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Ohioans and sorroundings, report!
    Newark/Heath here. I'm up for some Deathhaggin'

RigorMortis Guest
    Ok, I finally just worked through this WHOLE thread and still no defininative dates, etc. I'm willing to go back to l.a. I used to live in LaMirada like 2 decades ago for a VERY short time. I want to go there sober so I can remember all the hot spots that a death hag finds important.

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    Newark/Heath here. I'm up for some Deathhaggin'
    Akron here!

I'll send my representative.

RigorMortis Guest

Talking

cute

Helby Guest
    Let me know when and where and I am game. Was planning a trip to LA after chrismas anyway....Ill bring the cheesecurds!

Littleroben Guest
    Sorry, what are cheesecurds?

Helby Guest
    the greatest little morsels of cheesy goodness....either fresh made or battered and deep fried....yum yum....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

ill seriously bring some....they are awesome....

Forever-27 Guest
    If its anywhere by me, id go for sure.