Thread: Erotic-Comedy Maker Salvatore Samperi

Erotic-Comedy Maker Salvatore Samperi

ROME - Italian director Salvatore Samperi, best known for erotic comedies that challenged the morals of Italy's middle class, has died at age 64.
    His brother said Samperi died Wednesday, declining to give the cause of the death.
    The director died in his house on Lake Bracciano, about 50 kilometres north of Rome.
    Samperi's movies offered a social critique of the Italian bourgeoisie, often through the lens of sex.
    Critics say his best works explored the forbidden passions and relationships within middle-class families as a way to show what he saw as their decadence and hypocrisy.
    In what is considered by many critics his best movie, `Grazie, Zia' (`Thank You, Aunt'), Samperi tells the story of a rich young man who engages in a sexually charged relationship with his aunt.
    (The Associated Press)
    07:42ET 05-03-09

Guest Guest
    Never heard of him, but he sounds like an interesting character. I shall have to check out his films.

Milano Guest
    Wonder why they decline to give the cause of death?!?! Was it dirty? (I hope).

Sometimes when they decline to give the cause of death - and I should emphasize the "sometimes" - it's because it was from AIDS. Some people still attach a stigma to that very treatable disease.