Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to open a grave?

Harry in Connecticut Guest

Would you like to open a grave?

I admit I would love to. I know it's legally a Bozo no no, and I wouldn't do it because of hurting the person's family.

However, if I could be there when a grave was opened, I'd be very interested.

I am a Death Hag. Add a college degree and a few thousdand years, and I'd be an archaeologist. Then I could do it.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    I admit I would love to. I know it's legally a Bozo no no, and I wouldn't do it because of hurting the person's family.

However, if I could be there when a grave was opened, I'd be very interested.

I am a Death Hag. Add a college degree and a few thousdand years, and I'd be an archaeologist. Then I could do it.

Oh good question here. I don't think I know I would. If it was a celebrity? Hell yeah! But anyone else, no I'd pass, I see enough people dead in my career.

alexmack Guest
    If it was a celeb? YUP!!

I think it would be intriguing...it would be be the ultimate death hag moment
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Agreed....particularly a celebrity. I really enjoyed the photos of the Big Bopper's exhumation. I wonder if that was a difficult thing for his son to see him?! I wish that there'd been a photo showing how well he was said to have been preserved.

Definitely. Yes. Marilyn Monroe. I want to see.

I would think it would be really difficult for family members that are going through this.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    I would think it would be really difficult for family members that are going through this.
    That wasn't the question. Of course it wouldn't be easy for those involved - but this was a hypothetical question. I know that when they buried Douglas Fairbanks Jr. at Hollywood Forever in the same crypt as Sr., they opened him up and peeked. Who wouldn't? Said he looked great - died in the 1930s.

i'd love to see Marilyn or Errol flynn - and River Phoenix if he hadn't been cremated

I visited the John Paul Jones House in Portsmouth NH. I found out they searched for his body over 100 years after he died. He was in a lead coffin filled with alcohol.

I saw a picture of his body. Well preserved for the time lapse.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Heck yeah, I'd be all for it if it were a celebrity!

I'd want to see Elvis.

Danny62 Guest
    Bela Lugosi or Jimi Hendrix...What a question!!!!!!!!

I often wonder sometimes what celebritys look like "rotting" in the grave!!!

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I'd want to see Elvis.

Me too......or Marilyn.

Danny62 Guest
    OH have you heard they want to open Harry Houdini's grave? They could film it cool!!

THey want to see if he really died from a punch to the stomach?

onehunglow Guest
    Harry Houdini's grave? What if he's not there?

mike Guest
    James Dean and Bruce Lee

Layla331 Guest
    the Big boppers son opening his grave to a relatively well perserved body..and that being the first time you see your dad...can you even imagine...wow

Pretty much like everyone else, if it was a celebrity..yeah I'd definitely want to see.
    You gotta wonder how ANS looks after a while under there; especially with what she was dressed up in.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

onehunglow Guest

Lee Harvey Oswald

[SIZE=3]They did dig him up and the body showed no signs of an autopsy. The mortician who embalmed him was on hand and said the body he worked on had the cranium cut off and the Y of an autopsy. He had to adjust the skin back on his face and remembered he had the big cut. He was pushed out of sight real fast. [/SIZE]

Smile Open a grave?

Okay folks, here is where you get to know me.

I just glanced at the title of this thread, and I thought... Hmmm, good question.

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I'd want to see Elvis.
    Me too!! Let's have a field trip. Let's bring a hoist of some kind and some shovels.

Bobpeck56 Guest
    Ok, not famous but.....the local funeral director related this story to me. Back during WW II a gentleman from Italy died, and was buried in the local cemetery. Fast forward to the mid 1980s. The man's son, from Italy, came over to bring his father's remains back to Italy. He was just a child when his father died, but wanted to bring his dad home. So they exhumed the remains. When they opened the casket, the body was preserved perfectly. The mortician changed the man into a new suit, and they were able to have a visitation for his father, before being buried in his home country. The mortician has photos of it all.

attackatdawn Guest
    Hi all I am new, this website is so interesting! This is a true story, years ago before I was born my parents lived on a farm in Missouri. In the corner of their corn field was a pioneer cemetary a great, great grandson of a woman who was buried there asked my dad if he could dig his grandma up and move her to another cemetary. My dad said ok so they dug the coffin up, the grandson said he was curious about the remains so he opened the coffin. His grandma was pretty much a few bones and dust but on her chest was a red rose that looked like it was the day it was put in the coffin. The grandson & my dad were really amazed and the grandson went to pick it up as soon as he did it evaporated into dust and it freaked him out he slammed the coffin lid shut! My dad said the humidity in the coffin probably kept the rose looking fresh but when it was exposed to air it desinagrated.

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    My Mother died in 1973 when I was 11 years old. I'd like to see her remains.

knothere Guest
    I was gona say Marilyn but Scott's got her lol so Ill go with the King and Belushi n Morrison n Hendrix for now lol

Snoopy Guest
    I kinda would too if it were a celeb..definately Marilyn.

DeadRinger Guest
    At least if we exhumed the King, it would lay to rest (no pun intended) the rumours that he's alive and well and working at a Burger Barn in Milwaukee.

OBX Guest
    Just take pictures and I'll look at him safe and sound from here. I'm just a big chicken.

I would like to see JFK exhumed. Just look at the skull, see where the exit wound is, put him back. Then tell us was he shot from the front or what.

But nooooo, it hasn't been 10,000 years yet. Harry you are a savage!!

Albertadude Guest
    I know on our Farm in Western Canada, their are quite a few Indian burial mounds...well actually they are just a bunch of stones in a pile...I always wanted to dig one up...Never have and I really wouldn't do it but it would be interesting!

Yeah, gotta admit, I'd love to peek into Jean Harlow's crypt and see if she's really holding a note in her hand or the gardenia supposedly in her hand. Also, to see if there's any remains of the negligee they buried her in. I guess it all depends on the embalming techniques used. I was reading at this one site and it said that the worst coffin is an airtight one because it actually traps moisture inside and things rot. (UGH). So, the tighter the coffin, the worse things might be in there. You'd think it would be just the opposite but apparently not...... Also, being buried above ground or below, etc.
    It all depends on various factors, how well a person might be preserved. It would be sad and yet exciting at the same time to sneak a peek at a celeb........aren't we awful? LOLLLLL

I would not like to dig anyone up.The things that happen to a body in a coffin as the years go by is not always pretty.The perfectly preserved body after alot of years is more the exception than the rule.Its just my fear of the SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!

vintagesole Guest
    Wow, this is a good question. I think I would. I just dont know who's.

Kathyf Guest
    Yes i would love to do it. If it was legal or I knew I wouldn't get caught I would do it in a minute.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The perfectly preserved body after alot of years is more the exception than the rule.Its just my fear of the SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does anyone else remember those dead explorers they found in the arctic in the mid-1980s? I remember seeing this pic of one of the bodies.

It had the skin pulled back from the teeth so that the face looked like it was pulling a sort of a smile/grimace. I remember a couple of the other kids joked about how the guy should do toothpaste commercials.

I remember the pics because the one I saw indicated the body was really well-preserved. I guess if your obsessed with "staying in one piece" then the Arctic is where you'd want to be buried. @_@

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathGroupie View Post
    At least if we exhumed the King, it would lay to rest (no pun intended) the rumours that he's alive and well and working at a Burger Barn in Milwaukee.
    Let me tell you that this bit from Elvis' FAD entry did it for me:

Another friend of Findadeath.com (who asked to remain anonymous, but did say he was a former employee of Memphis disc jockey Sam Phillips) knew a man that worked in the funeral home. I quote, "I asked the guy if he thought Elvis was really dead. He told me, "Absolutely. I shoved the cotton balls up his ass when he was embalmed. (NO LIE.)"

Speaking for myself, the only thing I could think of after reading that was: THE END.

I mean, I know people do some pretty strange things when they're whoring for fame, but I just can't see someone "boasting" about being the one who shoved cotton balls up the Royal Ass and expecting that to serve as some sort of stepping-stone for fame. ¬_¬

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    Me too!! Let's have a field trip. Let's bring a hoist of some kind and some shovels.
    I thought you could always spot FAD-ers by the enormous backhoes they drive around instead of cars.

(You know, just in case someone "happens" to need a grave opened or something.)

jkshel Guest
    Back in 1988 i was a snior in high school and me and my Dad took a trip to New orleans. well everone knows the graves are above ground there in mausoleums. Well they were having a rash of graverobbing going on at the time, and while we were touring the gravesites (very creepy!!) we saw at least 4 or 5 of these sites that were vandalized, and broken into. uou could see into the coffins where they had taken a rake and raked throught the bones and such to get whatever jewelry the people had on. i saw a gold hairclip in one of them--i guess thaey had missed that one. Very eerie!

Lisamarie Guest
    Marilyn of course!!!!!! I have thought of that befor like to see the green puccie dress the yellow roses.....wonder whats left?? Marilyn!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    I thought you could always spot FAD-ers by the enormous backhoes they drive around instead of cars.

(You know, just in case someone "happens" to need a grave opened or something.)

LMFAOOOO.... UGH that ws good. This forum kills me.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Let me tell you that this bit from Elvis' FAD entry did it for me:

Another friend of Findadeath.com (who asked to remain anonymous, but did say he was a former employee of Memphis disc jockey Sam Phillips) knew a man that worked in the funeral home. I quote, "I asked the guy if he thought Elvis was really dead. He told me, "Absolutely. I shoved the cotton balls up his ass when he was embalmed. (NO LIE.)"

Speaking for myself, the only thing I could think of after reading that was: THE END.

I mean, I know people do some pretty strange things when they're whoring for fame, but I just can't see someone "boasting" about being the one who shoved cotton balls up the Royal Ass and expecting that to serve as some sort of stepping-stone for fame. ¬_¬
    Yeah but how many people can say they shoved cotton balls up Elvis's asshole!!!

Is there pics of him doing this though?

come on buddy...lets back up that talk with some proof. LOL

Gardner32 Guest
    Oh yes, I'd be right there!

magblax Guest
    No. Bad Joo Joo

45. 10-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Guest Guest
    I would have to say Elvis but here's the deal

I think what they would find is an OLD Elvis..not the 44 year old reported to have died...I think that he really died just before Lisa Marie inherited the money! LOL I KNOW...you all think I'm nuts...but dead men don't sweat and that corpse was sweating and it's been reported that his casket was refridgerated!!! LOL

my second pick of course would be Marilyn! But being she is in a mausoleum I don't think she would have held up too well if she leaked? ewwww

Yes, celebs only tho. and would like to see what Elvis looks like..lol

RoRo Guest
    I would ...there are alot of celebs I'd like to check out ...especially Marilyn and Elvis.
    I remember hearing about the body of (I think) Medgar Evers being exhumed and he was perfectly preserved and his kids who were too young to remember him got to see him.
    Also Dr Bass from the body farm once examined a body found in a vandalized grave and thought it was relatively new...turned out he was off by about a hundred years..it was a civil war vet that had been buried in an iron coffin and was that well preserved. Dr Bass jokes about this now and tells the story in the book Death's Acre.

ssgpete Guest
    I would like to see a grave opened. I don't have a famous person that I would like to see.

leppchic Guest
    Unlike everyone else.....Yes I would but not a celebrity. It will probably sound really weird. But I was six when my dad died. And as a child it was explained to me that "my dad had to go away, and he won't be back." And as a child I imagined my dad living in some far away country or just going away to avoid the divorce between he and my mom shortly before he died. I know you all probably think I am crazy. But at 27 I still wonder why it wasn't explained to me better....and what really happened. I have his death certificate. There was no autopsy. I would just like to know he is really dead. I am sure he is but I would like to know what the real cause of death was. There are several rumors, family secrets if you will. I just wonder what really happened.
    As far as celebrities go, Jayne Mansfield and MM for sure.....Maybe even ANS....

Kathyf Guest
    Marilyn monroe she is my favorite.