Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amber Dubois

monroe27 Guest

Amber Dubois

Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched and found nothing. This is about the 14 year old girl who disapeared on her way to school. What are your thoughts about what happened to her?

LemonPopsicle Guest
    I don't know, this is a weird one! She was last seen really close to the school carrying Valentine's gifts and there were other almost abductions in the same area? I hope to God they find this girl alive and well, and she's returned to her family.

Crabby Appleton Guest

Body of Amber Dubois found

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/2889

March 7, 2010 (Escondido) â?? The county medical examinerâ??s office has used dental records to positively identify remains found Saturday as those of Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old teenage girl who went missing while walking to Escondido High School on February 13, 2009. Her disappearance resulted in a massive search over more than a year and made headlines nationally.

In a press conference held at 3:30 today at the Escondido Police Department, Escondido Police Chief Jim Maher announced that the remains were found Saturday in a very rugged and remote area of the Pala Indian Reservation in northern Poway. Authorities were acting on a tip, he said. The family was notified by Sheriff's and police officials.

Officials declined to answer any questions on the case. It is not clear whether John Gardner III is suspecting of killing Dubois. The convicted sex offender was arrested and charged this week with the murder of 17-year-old Chelsea King, the Poway High School honor graduated who disappeared while jogging in Rancho Bernardo.

I am in favor of chemical castration for convicted sex offenders.

sablegsd Guest
    I am in favor of death for convicted sex offenders.
    Chemical castration does not work, they will just switch to objects.

crazedfemale Guest
    I'm hoping under intense questioning he revealed the location of her body. I wonder how many other missing children they can solve with the apprehension of this pig.
    Last edited by crazedfemale; 03-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.

I have a strong feeling about Gardner being tied into Amber's dissapearance. Not a coicidence that suddenly her remains surfaced after his arrest.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

steffie Guest
    Yea me too. I vote they fry him =)

They won't, in my opinion. Why? If he confessed the location of Amber's remains, maybe, just maybe he'll be spared the needle.

steffie Guest
    I know isn't that sad

Princess Kim Guest
    I don't think that John Gardner confessed. Supposedly, the police here searched the Pala area because of some unconfirmed lead. A lot of people here think that there was some kind of tip...maybe after John Gardner was arrested, someone thought back and remembered him being in that area last year? I'm sad for her parents, but at least they finally get to bring Amber home. Ugh. This is the second missing girl I've cried for in less than two weeks.

Princess Kim Guest
    This was posted on the Bring Amber Home web site. I can't even imagine going through what her family did for more than a year. Can you imagine? Even something like eating wasn't enjoyable any more.

"
    Eleven Long Months
    Date Posted: January 13, 2010
    Today marks eleven long months since Amber disappeared on her way to Escondido High School. It's hard to count so many days and nights of not knowing where she is or how she is. At night when sleep does not come, we wonder if she has a place to sleep or is locked up in someone's basement, or worse. When we have a meal in front of us, we wonder if she is hungry and find the food has no interest. Where can she be? We pray for that one person to recognize her and make the call that will bring her home.
    We feel the kindness of those who help in the search for Amber and all the other missing children and question why there can be so much kindness and still so much evil in our land. We try to hard to keep some form of "normal" in our lives, but there is no "normal" anymore. Amber's Mom spent hours before Amber was born putting stars on the ceiling of the room Amber was to have. As it turned out, she moved nearby just a couple of weeks before Amber's birth. I decided to move into that house to be closer to my first grandchild and lobbied for the name Amber as well. So, from babyhood, Amber and I would lie in that room and look at those stars so lovingly put up by her Mom and sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star unendingly. Those stars remain. In 15 years I have not been able to paint over them. Every night I look at them before I pray. Can Amber see the stars or is she with them? I wear a silver bracelet with Amber's name and the words "Hope, Faith, Believe, Love." One day I hope to place it on Amber's wrist as a constant reminder to never give up.
    Today is a silent day for our prayers. Please join with us in prayer and light a candle for Amber on the website www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com or www.HelpBringAmberHome.com.
    January 13, 2010
    Amber's Grandmom"

Also, the letters and reflections made me cry, too:
    http://www.bringhomeamber.com/reflections.html

SinKittyVixen Guest
    I am glad that they have closure. And they dont have to wonder. But, Im a truly saddened that she was murdered. My heart sank, as I have been watching updates on Nancy grace about her for a year.. Poor Amber, I only pray that she didnt have too much pain.
    Castrate him with no pain meds. Let him heal, then fry him.

I read a story on CNN or Fox this weekend talking about the difference in the way Chelsea and Amber's cases were handled. DUH! No one even cared when Amber went missing, but when a pretty blonde rich girl goes missing the entire country is looking for her. A detective was even talking about how agencies will say "What makes this missing kid special. Why should we cover/help with this."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

"What I hear all the time is, 'It's just a missing kid. Tell me why this one is different,"' Allen said. "The ones that get the attention are the ones that are clear and unequivocal" foul play.

Article

2 Missing Teen Cases, 2 Different Police Responses

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (AP) ―

The disappearances of 14-year-old Amber Dubois and 17-year-old Chelsea King illustrate a sad fact: not all missing children cases are treated the same.

Chelsea disappeared Feb. 25, last seen in a park with running clothes. The case sparked a search that involved a small army of 1,500 law enforcement officials from dozens of agencies and thousands of volunteers.

It ended five days later when a body was found in a shallow lakeside grave.

Amber was walking to school when she vanished a year ago just 10 miles north of the site where Chelsea was last seen. Leads went nowhere. The news media showed little interest.

After prosecutors charged a convicted sex offender in Chelsea's death, a search for Amber has intensified. On Saturday, police drained a pond for a second day at Kit Carson Park in Escondido to search for evidence of Amber, but found no clues, Lt. Craig Carter said.

Perhaps the biggest determinant in getting the attention of law enforcement and reporters is whether there are signs of foul play that may put other children at risk.

The skill of a victim's family at working with the media and mobilizing supporters also helps decide which cases capture public interest.

There are 115 non-family child abductions a year in the United States -- an average of more than two a week, according to the latest Department of Justice figures from 1999. But only a handful get anywhere near the attention that followed the disappearance of Chelsea King.

FBI dive teams scoured Lake Hodges for Chelsea, the Marines dispatched a C-130 plane and an unmanned aerial vehicle circled above. Law enforcement officers came from as far as Santa Barbara, more than 200 miles away.

San Diego County Sheriff William Gore was at the scene the same night Chelsea's father found her 1994 BMW parked at Rancho Bernardo Community Park and stayed throughout much of the round-the-clock search.

Signs of foul play quickly emerged. In addition to the locked car, a California Department of Justice spokeswoman said authorities found Chelsea's semen-stained clothing, leading them to arrest convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III outside a restaurant in Escondido.

Gardner, 30, spent five years in prison for molesting a 13-year-old neighbor in 2000. He has pleaded not guilty to Chelsea's murder and the attempted rape of another woman in December.

Susan Plese, a spokeswoman for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, said no one was available Friday to discuss the scale of the response to the King case compared to other disappearances.

Experts said evidence of foul play was probably key.

"Any evidence that confirms foul play will definitely bump up the visibility," said David Finkelhor, director of the University of New Hampshire's Crimes Against Children Research Center. "If there's a homicidal maniac in the community and there's a threat to you and your kid, that always increases the fever about a case."

Maurice Dubois said a spate of early reports that his daughter had been seen hampered his efforts to draw attention to the case. None of those sightings panned out and instead fueled speculation that Amber was a runaway rather than a crime victim.

Amber was last seen walking on Feb. 13, 2009 with a man about 200 yards from Escondido High School by a woman who used to drive her to middle school, her father said.

Another neighbor reported seeing her about 300 yards from school. Yet Amber never appeared on school surveillance cameras.

Amber, a member of Future Farmers of America, left home with a $200 check to buy a lamb. It was never cashed.

"The circumstances were completely different," Dubois said. "The evidence that they found on Chelsea led them to believe that they needed to find her immediately. There was never, ever any evidence found on Amber."

Children from wealthy families tend to generate more attention, said Finkelhor, partly because the parents seem to be more adept at working with the media and building networks.

Chelsea's parents, Brent and Kelly King, patiently and skillfully worked with the media through their anguish, aided by a volunteer public relations professional.

In interviews, they gave Chelsea's life story: the oldest child of long-married parents, straight-A student, French horn player in the youth symphony, avid long-distance runner, tireless volunteer for school and community activities.

Chelsea's friends at Poway High School turned out in droves. "Right before I broke the news (of the body discovery), they were telling stories about her -- funny things she said, silly things she did," said Paula Bunn, a counselor at the Chelsea King Volunteer Center. "You could tell she was very loved by her friends."

Ernest Allen, executive director of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, said he was immediately drawn to Amber's case because she did not appear troubled and was so excited to go to school that day to buy her lamb. Still, reporters and TV producers kept asking about speculation that she was a runaway.

"What I hear all the time is, 'It's just a missing kid. Tell me why this one is different,"' Allen said. "The ones that get the attention are the ones that are clear and unequivocal" foul play.

Ironically, it was Chelsea's disappearance that sparked intense interest in finding Amber.

Her parents, who are separated, are now besieged by reporters and Escondido police say they are seeking potential links between Amber and Gardner.

"I believe it's going to proceed at a much more accelerated pace now," Dubois said. (© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Ms. K Guest
    I think the Escondido police just flat didn't care about Amber Dubois. I really do. I was completely unimpressed with their "response" after she disappeared.

They knew she was last seen talking to an unknown male the day she disappeared. They knew that she had a $200 check that was never cashed. There was no indication that she was a runaway, and yet, they classified her as such, and that was it.

Realistically, they looked at Amber, saw the child of parents who were separated, heard "trouble at home", and decided they didn't have to look any farther. And when Chelsea went missing, parents who had been married forever, honor student, tireless volunteer, and really, her parents effectively shilled for her in the media.

I knew when Amber went missing she wasn't a runaway. I KNEW. When I saw the posters around Lake Elsinore, I just knew she was not a runaway. There's a difference between her and other kids who have run away from home, and it's almost visible.

But, the cops, who are supposed to be trained to spot the difference? Did. Not. Care.

So, now there are two girls dead. Amber's remains have finally been found. Her parents now know what happened to her, and don't have to imagine the worst. It's horrible that they know the worst has happened to her, but in a way, I'm sure it's a relief. And now, there's a definite suspect in one case, and he's a probable suspect in Amber's disappearance and murder.

It's too bad that this asshole wasn't in jail for attempted kidnapping and assault before these girls disappeared. And, had the police been doing their job and actually looking for him (since he is a registered sex offender), well, these girls might not have disappeared.

endsleigh03 Guest
    RIP Amber.

I don't think they cared either.
    I watched a news story about who gets attention when this kind of thing happens and who doesn't.
    African American and Hispanic kids fare the worst according to the show.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 03-08-2010 at 10:35 AM.

tarsier Guest
    I wouldn't say there was no indication Amber was a runaway. It would have been nice had they given it the benefit of the doubt and looked more carefully but it was probably already too late. Amber didn't appear to put up the fight Chelsea did.

innervoice Guest
    Being a parent of two teen girls, my heart and prayers go out to the DuBois family. How in the world could one ever get past his/her grief?

Even though it hasn't been absolutely determined that Gardner is responsible for Amber's death, to think that California tax payers will have to foot the bill for that disgusting piece of trash to house and feed him three meals per day in the state pokey for the next few decades makes me ill. And IF he receives the death penalty, he'll still sit on Death Row for twenty years of appeals.

I'll think I'll go hug my daughters and never let them leave the house.

Giada Guest
    I think there was an important point made in, "Mobilizing the Media." Within days there were 70,000 involved in FB and Twitter.

There were 6,000 volunteers, and within 24 hrs there were flyers throughout North County San Diego.

Relying on the Sheriff's Department, solely, seems foolish, due to limited resources.

innervoice Guest
    I was listening to a local radio station tonight and it's being "unofficially" reported that a tribal police officer on the Pala reservation spilled the beans about Gardner striking a deal with authorities (to avoid the death penalty) and was temporarily let out of jail to lead law enforcement to where Amber's remains were found. He also said that the body was found on Saturday afternoon, but the news wasn't released to the media until a positive ID using dental records was completed.

I don't know if this has been confirmed, but it would make sense as to how she was located.

RIP, Amber.

STORMIE Guest
    RIP Amber

This is the stuff a parent's nightmare is made of.

Some heads are going to roll, and rightfully so.

cachluv Guest
    I think we all know that this is going to not only keep on happening, but this type of incidence is going to escalate in the near future. We are just now seeing the results of the past 10 years of leniency on child molesters/perverts.

'Not a violent crime' = a slap on the wrist. Wisconsin has begun to release some of these people WEEKLY back to the streets due to overcrowding of their prison system. Think about this.....

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/...cc4c03286.html

"Killers and sex offenders aren't eligible, but most offenders will be able to shave days off their sentences with good behavior. Convicts including drug dealers and bank robbers can seek early release from the Department of Corrections, a judge or a newly created parole commission."

---Ssoooo, yes they ARE eligible. Man oh man, I HATE doublespeak.

"Inmates with "extraordinary health conditions," defined as advanced age, infirmity, disability or a need for medical treatment not available behind bars, also can petition the commission for early parole."

---Personally, I got problems with this too. When the sentence was given, condition of their health was (most likely) not a provision nor of any consideration upon pondering 'punishment vs. justice'.
    Last edited by cachluv; 03-09-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
    I was listening to a local radio station tonight and it's being "unofficially" reported that a tribal police officer on the Pala reservation spilled the beans about Gardner striking a deal with authorities (to avoid the death penalty) and was temporarily let out of jail to lead law enforcement to where Amber's remains were found. He also said that the body was found on Saturday afternoon, but the news wasn't released to the media until a positive ID using dental records was completed.

I don't know if this has been confirmed, but it would make sense as to how she was located.

RIP, Amber.
    Which local radio station?

And it wouldn't surprise me if that was, indeed, the case. God damn that piece of shit.

cachluv Guest
    Not at all to favor this piece of shit, but (if this is true) at least he's talking. So many of them don't. I always like to think they have at least some percentage of a fraction of an iota left of being a human being. Doesn't always turn out like that, but this time, at least that motherfucker is talking. I hope it's true that he did.

innervoice Guest
    I'm fairly certain it was KFI 640 AM, about 6:45ish Monday night. I was running errands and heard the supposed "leak" in the Amber news. I wasn't able to listen after that, so if anyone else caught the rest of the conversation between the hosts, please share.

cachluv Guest
    http://www.10news.com/video/22718463/index.html

Yesterday afternoon on the John and Ken radio program (Los Angeles), they interviewed the man who is a witness. He and his wife were attending a girls game of some sort last September and got bad vibes from this man who watching the girls--I think it was Jesmond Dene Park in Escondido-just right near Amber's school. His car was parked away from other cars. They got a partial plate number and the man went to the local police to report it. He said that the police weren't interested and dismissed it. When they saw the picture of JAG, the man and his wife both recognized him as the man they saw. This guy was not happy with the way the Escondido police handled their report......thought they should have done more to investigate it. They described it as a light coloured pontiac sedan WITH partial plates given to Escondido PD.

Giada Guest
    Charges against John Gardner do not include Amber Dubois at this time.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/es...73e775ad1.html

WendyK Guest
    Ya know what ticks me off? They are always so quick to say that your child is a "run a way"!! So, what if they are? The sooner you start looking the better chances they have.My heart goes out to the family and friends of Amber

Giada Guest

trishsixxm Guest
    Don't they have Amber Alerts there. If so why wouldn't they have issued one for Amber. Regardless if they are a runaway or not I always thought that in the case of a missing or kidnapped minors they would issue and Ambler Alert. But maybe it's just in the case of a kidnapping. Regardless Amber's family was not treated well and I'm so sorry it's taken this long to find their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    Don't they have Amber Alerts there. If so why wouldn't they have issued one for Amber. Regardless if they are a runaway or not I always thought that in the case of a missing or kidnapped minors they would issue and Ambler Alert. But maybe it's just in the case of a kidnapping. Regardless Amber's family was not treated well and I'm so sorry it's taken this long to find their daughter.

Unfortunately Amber alerts are only issued for kidnapped children. If the police think that the kid has run away that won't even bother trying to get it released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

trishsixxm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Unfortunately Amber alerts are only issued for kidnapped children. If the police think that the kid has run away that won't even bother trying to get it released.
    Thank you Miho for answering me. I wasn't sure about the Amber Alert. It's ashamed that they only use it in the event of a kidnapped child. Missing children are just as important.

This animal plead guilty today to Amber and Chelsea Kings murder.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...San_Diego.html

What a bastard.
    I hope he rots.
    At least there is some closure.....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Giada Guest
    Without pleading out, he would have faced the death penalty. Beneficial to the parents who don't have to face the pain of a trial on a daily basis and the California Courts are not burdened by the extra expense.

I'm thankful the families have been spared the ordeal of a trial. However, my thoughts: Why do we have to support this &^#$ for the rest of his miserable life? Why can't we just stick his ass in front of a firing squad? Seems humane enough to me.

I suppose they'll say there isn't enough money for this, but I would consider any child under the age of eighteen who goes AWOL in danger, whether the disappearance is voluntary or involuntary.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I suppose they'll say there isn't enough money for this, but I would consider any child under the age of eighteen who goes AWOL in danger, whether the disappearance is voluntary or involuntary.
    Absolutely!

innervoice Guest
    Confessing is probably the only decent choice this bag o' trash ever made. Not only does it spare him a death sentence, it saves the victims' families from having to look at him during endless trials and appeals.

May he live to be 90 years old and exist on a diet of baloney sandwiches and endure daily rape by Bubba and the Gang.

trishsixxm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post

Me too. At least if they are a runaway find out what the problem is if it's bad enough then get those kids out of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    Me too. At least if they are a runaway find out what the problem is if it's bad enough then get those kids out of the situation.
    what's sad is, just like it took a little girl dying for the Amber Alerts to get going, it'll probably take a runaway child getting hurt/abducted/etc. (and enough publicity surrounding it) for them to take those cases more seriously and put an alert system in place for the runaway kids.

lola Guest
    Unreal how Amber's case was mishandled.

The story of how she left home so excited for school that day to buy a lamb really got to me (and I am not one to get all mushy). Poor little thing.

I hope her killer rots in hell for this.

steffie Guest
    Me too

trishsixxm Guest
    Amber Dubois's mother confronts her daughters killer.

I'm really impressed my Amber's mothers actions while confronting her daughters killer. I don't know that I would of been so forgiving.

http://www.people.com/people/article...385984,00.html

If it brings her closure, God Bless her. I don't think I could do it without trying to kill him with my bare hands.

cupcake187 Guest

amber

the man who killed amber is the same guy who killed chelsea king. Watching the parents confront the monster who did this made me a wee bit weepy.. One of his other victims who managed to get away hit him in the nose with her elbow, she was able to speak at his sentencing. she asked him how his nose was and he went evil looking. Managed to find the link.
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca.../93847669.html

innervoice Guest
    Imagine how pissed he'll be when he's bent over by Bubba in a maximum security prison.

He's scary and vile and deserves EVERYTHING equally vile coming to him.

Oh no, he'll be in a special area where the most hated of all prisoners are separated from the general prison population. Nice, huh?