Thread: Federico Fellini

Federico Fellini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Fellini
    Federico Fellini, Cavaliere di Gran Croce OMRI[1] (January 20, 1920 â?? October 31, 1993) was an Italian film director. Known for a distinct style which meshes fantasy and baroque images, he is considered as one of the most influential and widely revered filmmakers of the 20th century.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Long Gone Day Guest
    I..think..life..is..like..a..Fellini..film.
    Love..him.
    The...first..film..I..saw
    way..back..when...was..*Juliet..of..the..Spirits*.

Satyricon is my fave.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Long Gone Day Guest

He...had...a..heck...of..a..time..trying..to..keep..that..young
    fella...faithful...
    I..wonder..what..it..was..really..like..in..the...time..of..Rome
    when..the..novel...Satyricon..was..written.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I don't know if I could pick a single favorite Fellini film...8 1/2, La Dolce Vita, Nights of Cabiria, La Strada, Juliet of the Spirits, Amarcord...there are so many, and they're all great! His cinematic eye has never been equalled.

For any fans who haven't checked out his early work, look into Variety Lights and The White Sheik. They're wonderful films, full of humor and heart. Fellini is by far my favorite filmmaker of all time!

Life is indeed a carnival.
    -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	la-strada-poster.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	12546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B000G8NXYQ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	12547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pierluigi03.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	12548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	otto_loc.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	12550  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masina.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	12551  

John Connor Guest
    He was different. I like that he was a total and complete liar and bullshitter. Not my favourite film maker but definitely one of the most unique of all time. There's a thread I started on Giulietta Masina here.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ight=giulietta

MoonRabbit Guest
    La Dolce Vita is one of my all-time favorites!

So ahead of it's time.

Guest Guest
    'La Dolce Vita' is a cool film. A little longer than the average film, but watching it doesn't bore! I love its style and atmosphere!
    There was also a Fellini film - I forget the title, where his wife and himself do a piss-take of Astaire and Rogers! That was a hoot!

Guest Guest
    Ginger and Fred:

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    'La Dolce Vita' is a cool film. A little longer than the average film, but watching it doesn't bore! I love its style and atmosphere!
    There was also a Fellini film - I forget the title, where his wife and himself do a piss-take of Astaire and Rogers! That was a hoot!
    I'd like to see that one!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    I'd like to see that one!
    Fellini was criticized for it, but it is really very funny,more entertaining than the originals. Hmm I wonder if it is available on youtube?

I love La Strada. Such a sad film...Anthony Quinn sure played a jerk...but, what was endearing about the film was fellini's real life wife, Giulietta Masina, playing the sad, but hopeful girl following Quinn's character in hopes for a better life. It's just one of the most heartbreaking films I've seen.
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

cherryghost Guest
    I love him ............used to work in a Cinema where we had festivals of his films!

I loved Armacord and ..............that scene with the beautiful peacock!

Visually beautiful and romantic but always intriguing and deep!