Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Harold Perelson Murder/Suicide

Has anyone planned a trip yet??

Hi everyone! Haven't been on here in a long time and just finished reading this entire thread, very fascinating.....

I live in South Florida and thinking of a trip to L.A. this summer to visit a friend. I was in LA last summer on a FAD tour before my Hawaii trip and we drove by the La Bianca home in Los Feliz and had no idea about this home then, it's basically in the same neighborhood...

All of my friends think I am crazy to be into this it's so nice to read that other people are into this and it's not just me!

Who is still up for this creepy crawling and peeking into the house, because I would love to go Not fun to do it alone

MistressDrusilla Guest
    I went and saw the house about 2 months ago when I was in LA. The thing in front of the second story window is not a fallen ceiling, but a staircase. It's also kinda creepy as hell..and more than a little sad. If that house ever does sell, it is going to need a lot of work. Also, there is now wood covering the front door and a downstairs window. I wonder if someone tried to break in or squat.

I will admit, I was a chicken shit and didn't' take pictures. However, I plan on going back and just talking to the neighbors and asking outright if it's ok. Though...I also plan on saying that I'm writing a paper on the murder and need pictures for my presentation. Hopefully that will work.

If not, I'll just go all guerrilla/ninja style and get there just as the sun is rising and take pics. There is going to be no chance that the neighbors will be up then to stop me.

So yeah...give it some time and I will get new pics. If it kills me, dammit!

Rhonda Guest

Thumbs up You crack me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressDrusilla View Post
    I went and saw the house about 2 months ago when I was in LA. The thing in front of the second story window is not a fallen ceiling, but a staircase. It's also kinda creepy as hell..and more than a little sad. If that house ever does sell, it is going to need a lot of work. Also, there is now wood covering the front door and a downstairs window. I wonder if someone tried to break in or squat.

I will admit, I was a chicken shit and didn't' take pictures. However, I plan on going back and just talking to the neighbors and asking outright if it's ok. Though...I also plan on saying that I'm writing a paper on the murder and need pictures for my presentation. Hopefully that will work.

If not, I'll just go all guerrilla/ninja style and get there just as the sun is rising and take pics. There is going to be no chance that the neighbors will be up then to stop me.

So yeah...give it some time and I will get new pics. If it kills me, dammit!
    We need MORE DEATH NINJAS!!!!

darlingdawn Guest

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I read thru these posts a few days ago and became a little obsessed. With all the questions about the family I did a little research.

All information is from public goverment records. Ca birth, marriage, divorce and death indexes. NY & OH birth and death records. Federal Census 1920 & 1930. And city directories.

Dr Harold P. born 2/1/1909 in NY to Henry ( Polish) and Molly ( Russian ) emmigrants.
    From US Army enlistment docs:
    enlisted 4/27/1942, Fort Jay Governors Island, NY
    Branch: warrant officer. Grade: Private. Education: 4 yrs college. civil occupation: Purchasing agent. Height: 65" weight: 149 lbs
    SINGLE/NO DEPENDANTS ( when I read this I thought I had the wrong man, as Judith was born in 1941, but the address matches exactly ).

Lillian SILVER Perelson was born in 1914 in Ohio to Benjamin (Austria) and Minnie (NY). In 1920 the family was living in Summit Co., Chyahoga Falls, OH.
    She had 2 brothers, Henry and Arnold, and one sister, Anna. Her father was a store manager.

Judith Rachel Perelson was born July 31, 1941 in LA, CA ( from CA birth records, mothers maiden name SILVER )
    Sept. 9, 1962 she married Richard W. Udko in LA, CA.
    They divorced in May 1970 in LA. ( I found many listing for him up to 2002, nothing for her).

Joel David Perelson was born April 7, 1946 in LA, CA. From 1993 to 97 he lived at N. Poinsettia PL. in LA. He now lives in NY.

Deborah Lynne Perelson born Feb. 16, 1948 in LA, CA. She is married to Donald Gable.
    Judiths name is now Handler.
    All 3 children are still living.
    I have made the assumption that they were taken in by their fathers sister Esther Perelson Kramer who lived in NY, but Judith returned to LA and married Richard Udko, maybe her brother was with her, and the youngest, Deborah, stayed with her aunt. ( I could find no marriage, directories listing her in any state)
    I finally goggled her this morning, and happened on this!!
    Their cousin, Esthers son, obit.

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Arthur Robert Kramer [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE]November 04, 1950 - September 16, 2009
    Kramer, Arthur Robert, age 58, of Sebastian, FL, formerly of Boynton Beach, FL., was taken from family and friends suddenly on September 16, 2009 at Sebastian River Medical Center, Sebastian, FL. He was born and raised in Queens, NY and moved to North Carolina in 1978, where he worked as a machinist for his Fatherâ??s business. He moved to Boynton Beach, FL in 1983. He was an avid golfer, bowler, and fisherman. His love of golf was the reason he changed careers midlife, working in golf maintenance as a greens keeper. He was preceded in death by father, Jacob Kramer. Cherishing his memory is wife Sheila, daughter Katie, son Christian, and mother Esther (Perelson), cousins Judith Hendler, Joel Perelson, Debbie and Donald Gabel, and Furbie, his cat.
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Funeral Information[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE][/SIZE]There will be a gathering of family and friends for a celebration of Arthurâ??s life on October 24, 2009 from 3-6PM at the home of Paul & Jill Welling in Lighthouse Point, FL
    [SIZE=2]http://www.yatesfuneralhome.com/obit...p/obitID/76410[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Poor guy, wonder how many Seinfield jokes he had thrown at him [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Shelly[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Ok, I saw on here that Judith's married name was Udko but they were divorced in 1970. This obit has her as Judith Hendler. I googled Judith Hendler and came up with Judith Hendler Jewelry, also found her on Facebook. In looking at her picture, she seems to be just the right age and she still lives in CA. Do you think this is her? Here is the link to her facebook and to her website.

www.facebook.com/pages/Judith-Hendler.../108837089135372

Rhonda Guest
    OK, so has anyone had the guts (or bad taste...) to facebook Judith and ask her if she was related to dead Dr. Perelson?

RogerV Guest
    A quick look on the web tells us that Judith Hendler was or is a well known name in jewelry. It's a little hard for me to accept the fact that some of her creations from the 1980's are now being sold as "vintage," however.

I also can't help but wonder if she has ever visited the house during all these years... are any of her personal possessions still in it? Does she ever visit her parents' graves?

EDIT: Judith Hendler's website: http://www.judithhendler.com/
    Last edited by RogerV; 07-15-2010 at 11:22 AM.

RogerV Guest

That necklace sells for $1200. Not bad for lucite! (If you're the one selling it, that is.)

Sam Guest
    Roger, you and I want to go there to see the phones, and what's in the garage.

RogerV Guest
    So who is going to come up with enough gall to ask Judith Hendler if she uses a ball peen hammer in her jewelry business?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    So who is going to come up with enough gall to ask Judith Hendler if she uses a ball peen hammer in her jewelry business?
    I'm guessing not--- she obviously favors plastic. Lightweight and safe!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    Now I have "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" stuck in my head. No pun intended.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

oh man, i so want to see more of this house! so wished i lived nearby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
    BUMP

Thanks for the BUMP!! I would have never known about this thread without you!!

OMGGGGG!! Has anyone wrote Mr. Enriquez? If not I will ~ all he can say is no dammit... =) By chance IF he does say YES, who in the area would like to meet up with this fella and do the deed? I live in Texas, so it's a little far for me to travel, but I don't mind tracking him down and asking questions...

What about that chicks FB page ~ anybody ask her yet? If not, I will. I don't know if I am brave or just stoopid...
    My Posse's On Broadway

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Thanks for the BUMP!! I would have never known about this thread without you!!

OMGGGGG!! Has anyone wrote Mr. Enriquez? If not I will ~ all he can say is no dammit... =) By chance IF he does say YES, who in the area would like to meet up with this fella and do the deed? I live in Texas, so it's a little far for me to travel, but I don't mind tracking him down and asking questions...

What about that chicks FB page ~ anybody ask her yet? If not, I will. I don't know if I am brave or just stoopid...
    I don't think any of us would try to stop you, but we will advise you to proceed with caution. This case has the warning flags of people who don't want to be found, or at least don't want to talk. But who knows... maybe enough time has passed that somebody IS now willing to "spill."

Katrinawitch Guest
    Hey, I was just thinking about this thread the other day, and wondering whether or not anyone went to see the house lately.

kingoutlaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    OK, so has anyone had the guts (or bad taste...) to facebook Judith and ask her if she was related to dead Dr. Perelson?
    i'll do it

I hardly ever post but I found this from reverse address

Gold Care Insurance Service

2475 Glendower Pl

Los Angeles, CA 90027-1122
    (323) 661-2750
    Emily Enriquez

2475 Glendower Pl

(323) 664-3318

Rudolph T Enriquez

2475 Glendower Pl

(323) 664-3318

I hope I can post it. I found it online so I figured I could. Who wants to call? Why are there numbers for a vacant house? Do I have the wrong address?

Rhonda Guest

Okay, but....

Quote Originally Posted by kingoutlaw View Post
    i'll do it
    Remember Judy is the daughter that barely made it out of the house with her life after being badly beaten by dear ol' dad. She may NOT be very excited to hear from you.... Althought I TOTALLY WANT YOU TO DO IT!!!!

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kbsgirl4552 View Post
    I hardly ever post but I found this from reverse address

Gold Care Insurance Service

2475 Glendower Pl

(323) 661-2750
    Emily Enriquez

2475 Glendower Pl

(323) 664-3318

Rudolph T Enriquez

2475 Glendower Pl

(323) 664-3318

I hope I can post it. I found it online so I figured I could. Who wants to call? Why are there numbers for a vacant house? Do I have the wrong address?
    The house is alarmed, and you need a phone line for an alarm system. Why there are more numbers I can't say unless there are redundant lines in case the first one for some reason fails.

I wonder if the mail sent to that house is forwarded? Surely it has to be right?
    My Posse's On Broadway

(323) 661-2750 ~ I called and a recording comes on that the line does not receive incoming calls.

(323) 664-3318 ~ I called this number and did not get an answer. No Voicemail, just rings forever.
    My Posse's On Broadway

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    (323) 661-2750 ~ I called and a recording comes on that the line does not receive incoming calls.

This is probably the alarm line.

(323) 664-3318 ~ I called this number and did not get an answer. No Voicemail, just rings forever.
    That's how things were in the good old days... if nobody was home, it just rang and rang and rang.
    Last edited by RogerV; 11-08-2010 at 11:59 AM.

I think I may have to make this place my next holiday destination

dirtycopper Guest
    Okay, I'm so loving this.

I can't believe no one's gotten in yet! I can't WAIT to see pics!! Thanks so much for those have been brave enough to get the pics we do have.

I imagine those gifts have been opened and are gone by now, right?!?! Didn't the owner say in one of those articles that hookers got in there or transients or something. Surely they opened the gifts. Dying to see pics of th inside!!

aLiLdirt Guest
    Be gentle, I'm new.
    I've lurked for quite awhile and finally decided it was time to officially register my presence on the FAD Forum due to this particular thread.
    I am completely fascinated with the Perelson case and the mysteries that lurk inside the ominous, vacated house!

Welcome alildirt and dirtycopper! This thread is one of the fun ones here! enjoy
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

dirtycopper Guest
    The best so far! Such mystery. Muah ha ha ha. I love it! Thanks Baroque!

Welcome dirtycopper & alildirt!! IF You want the dirt this is THE place to be - our own little loving and ever so slightly dsyfuntional family! Muah!!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

KingArthurUp Guest
    LOve to do an investigation here!

Welcome alildirt and dirtycopper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Welcome... what a great thread to start.

I keep hoping that I'll come back to this thread and find photos or something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Me too elnora... Im hoping someone got in there and got pics... If i ever make it down there, I will try my damndest to get in there.

Was in the area last year.....and I took a picture of the wrong house....missed it by a block

burgtwngrl Guest
    was in the area a month ago, but going back in the spring will try to get a pic. I see we found the Daughter I will research her and her jewelry creations. Love this thread and Glad to be back.

burgtwngrl Guest
    DId she change her name after the incident? Does anyone know ?

RogerV Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    DId she change her name after the incident? Does anyone know ?
    If you back up just a little, you will see that both of her married names have been posted. Her second husband was/is a furniture designer. I would think that she must have a somewhat flamboyant personality to design and wear such "bold" jewlery.

MunstersBabe Guest
    Wasn't there a picture of Judye in that newspaper clipping in a cap and gown or something? Couldn't someone with Photoshop take that picture and the picture of Judith Hendler and do some kind of comparison? There are some similarities that I have seen and I don't have Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by darlingdawn View Post
    Ok, I saw on here that Judith's married name was Udko but they were divorced in 1970. This obit has her as Judith Hendler. I googled Judith Hendler and came up with Judith Hendler Jewelry, also found her on Facebook. In looking at her picture, she seems to be just the right age and she still lives in CA. Do you think this is her? Here is the link to her facebook and to her website.

www.facebook.com/pages/Judith-Hendler.../108837089135372

GAdeathhag Guest
    Sigh- still hoping someone gets a break and scores a tour complete with pictures

GravesEnd Guest
    LOL..funny. I live close by but I guess I'm just not all that interested. I don't think it is worth risking arrest for trespassing, and I have a thing for respecting other people's property.

DCT61 Guest
    In the spring of 2009, neighbors of 2475 Glendower Place proposed an addition to their home. As part of the process, a design review had to be submitted to THE GREATER GRIFFITH PARK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL. Some of the photos prepared for the survey were taken from the front yard of 2475 Glendower Place. Closeups of the entry to the house can be glimpsed to the right in some of the photos.
    http://www.ggpnc.org/pz%20files/2574...wer-090322.pdf

Gosh,what an adorable house, I hope the addition doesn't change it too much in reality.

The yard and front of the Perelson house looks neat in these shots, anyway.

MissVondaKaye Guest
    This is so freaking cool, yet disturbing at the same time!! Why buy a house and do nothing with it and then pass it down to someone who does the same damn thing? This house has to be worth a good amount for the lot alone. I definitely think the original buyer must have had a directive from someone related to the Perelson family. I wonder if this is an attempt to prevent someone from giving tours or selling pictures. Absolutely fascinating! Any Hag who has the balls to get pictures will be delivering a Holy Grail!!

Ghostyhead Guest
    Someone has to say it. That jewelry is hideous.

I love this thread! I would kill to get a peek in the house!
    And yes, that jewelry is some serious fug.

Has anybody yet found any new info on this subject....I been looking around...googling and yahooing all over the net...and still nothing new.....can't wait for any new updates on this mysterious mansion or the people involved

I've been trying to google over the past few days, and I've not found anything new. It's almost like they didn't exist in a way. Rather creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I've been trying to google over the past few days, and I've not found anything new. It's almost like they didn't exist in a way. Rather creepy.
    I really been interested on this story for a long time....even went to Newspaper Archives and all I could find was the day the crime was committed. Could not even find an obit on the Perelson's. It was one heck of a mysterious story.

Yowza, this story really has caught my feline curiousity...

http://atlasobscura.com/place/los-feliz-murder-mansion
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...