Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Octomom, Nadia Suleman

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Bitch got a nanny...I saw it on the news today...Why is it everytime this story comes up my head starts to hurt and I get the urge to kick somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    Bitch got a nanny...I saw it on the news today...Why is it everytime this story comes up my head starts to hurt and I get the urge to kick somethin?

labor envy?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Ruffian Guest
    Yeah, she's crazy but I think it was irresponsible of the fertility clinic to service her. It's not a public hospital that MUST give her what she wants. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Irresposible is an understatement. I fucking hope that story about her using a donor isn't true....but fuck me sideways I will bet that it is.

Jeebus I hope that no one uses this family in some sort of reality show ... or unreality show.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    check this out:

The Octuplets Came Via Sperm Donor!!!! And MORE Craziness!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed under: Baby Blabber > Wacky, Tacky & True
    When you need some juice…..go to the nosey neighbors!
    Some savvy reporting unearthed more crazy stuff about the momma who gave birth to octuplets earlier in the week.
    A neighbor revealed that the momma's six kiddies AND the 8 new babies were made with sperm from one donor:
    "She is single. She used a sperm donor, someone she knew, who donated sperm a long time ago. He donated the sperm for the first six kids and she used his frozen sperm for these one. I don't think the sperm donor knows about these eight kids. He was not involved."
    She IS single?! Then the story about the husband being overseas is false... Oh yeah, I was believing the husband story. Now, I'm even more pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Mybe she's one of these hoarders, the kind that hoard animals like cats or dogs...She just hoards babies.
    Hahaaa... Hoarding babies! I guess there's gotta be room for one of those crazies in the world too.

LadyCurry Guest
    I seriously still don't know what to believe....I hope she stays in the shadows...I don't want to see her- ever! I am all for large families- when they are able to take care of them themselves- this story is just getting more and more outrageous!
    I agree- I don't think TLC would even touch this story! Jon and Kate can rest assured of that!

Forever-27 Guest
    Mother of octuplets already had 6 kids.

Her name is Angela Suleman. She's 33 years old and apparently lives with her parents

Is this woman or her family independently wealthy? How are they going to afford to raise 14 children? Is this another irresponsible welfare momma who I'm having to support with my tax dollars? No wonder California is broke. People like her are the reason im getting an IOU this year instead of a tax return check.

InBruges Guest
    Her parents aren't that wealthy. They lost their home because of that woman. They bought a house for her and she wasn't paying the bills so they had to sell their house and move in with her. Imagine at their age having to help to look after 14 kids. What made her want to have more babies like that.

KarmaKat Guest
    Trully believe you should not purposly bring children into this world if you know you can not care for them?
    what is wrong with her? She already had 6 kids. Does she feel so unloved with low self esteem she needed 8 more. 8 really?
    Its the kids I feel most sorry for and the grandparents who no doubt will have to play a major role in these kids lives. Are there any reports on her Mothering skills with the first 6?

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    I just heard that the sperm donor for these 8 babies is also the sperm donor for the other 6. He is a married man in Law Enforcement and that this was indeed IVF.

Her father just said 'God wanted her to have these children'. I am starting to detect some familial Mental Illness ...

Oh and BTW ... she has been in the hospital for the last 2 months. Can you say $$$$$$ ??

Flowergrrl Guest
    So why doesn't the state deem her mentally unstable and take the children and put them up for adoption and give people, who want a child but can't have one, the opportunity to be parents?

Oh yeah, and like I said before... ZIP her the fuck up.

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InBruges View Post
    Her parents aren't that wealthy. They lost their home because of that woman. They bought a house for her and she wasn't paying the bills so they had to sell their house and move in with her. Imagine at their age having to help to look after 14 kids. What made her want to have more babies like that.
    ---Maybe so she could remain Mommy and Daddy's little girl while having her own lifelike dolls to play with too? In a giant playhouse that Mommy and Daddy provide?

If she got married, then she would have to be an adult to her husband. He would probably look out for her, instead of her parents.

I wonder if she'll stay single now?

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Lets see...

A delusional woman with more children than sense...
    An indulgent mommy and daddy who support their child in her delusions and who support her even when it is evident she is in the wrong...

Remind anyone else of another family in the news???

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    PLUS who the hell is gonna pay that multi-million dollar hospital bill?????
    Probably us taxpayers as usual!
    What a damn bitch! The doctors that allowed this to
    happen knowing she had 6 children should have their paychecks docked
    to help pay for her children. This rabbit should have never been allowed
    to use fertility drugs when she already had 6 children.
    I can see why she refuses to show her face.

I love this comment!
    "This mother of octuplets is a perfect example of all that is wrong with the USA. She files bankruptcy, abandons her mortgage, gives birth to 8 babies likely out of wedlock. What a pathetic example of human feces."

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    So why doesn't the state deem her mentally unstable and take the children and put them up for adoption and give people, who want a child but can't have one, the opportunity to be parents?

Oh yeah, and like I said before... ZIP her the fuck up.
    Do that and this bitch will hire an attorney to sue Californians dry!
    Or should I say dryer!

MoonRabbit Guest
    I saw video of the father. A bald middle-aged Middle Easterner.
    He was driving away from the news camera.

The news reports stated that the rabbit was 33 years old.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Probably us taxpayers as usual!
    What a damn bitch! The doctors that allowed this to
    happen knowing she had 6 children should have their paychecks docked
    to help pay for her children. This rabbit should have never been allowed
    to use fertility drugs when she already had 6 children.
    I can see why she refuses to show her face.

I love this comment!
    "This mother of octuplets is a perfect example of all that is wrong with the USA. She files bankruptcy, abandons her mortgage, gives birth to 8 babies likely out of wedlock. What a pathetic example of human feces."

A-fucking-MEN!! Even if she just wanted ONE more baby ... that would have made 7...7 kids WITHOUT an intact family.

I listen to a radio person in the morning...for all you So Cal people, it's Bill Handel on KFI. Not only is he an attorney but he has a fertility and surrogacy practice, so this is a subject in which he knows a lot about. Basically he said that what these Dr.'s have done is, in his opinion, Malpractice worthy. You NEVER implant these many embryo's in such a young patient .... the chances of them all taking are just way too high.

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    The more I hear about this story, the more disgusted I get.

There has to be something shady going on- some sort of freak experiment or something. We looked into invitro and that was going to cost around $10000 plus another $2500 per month for the hormones and such.

It's a vagina, not a goddamned clown car.
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!

I am beyond outraged by this whole story. I can't even comment without insulting one "community" or another, and you have no idea how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut on this one. It's completely irresponsible, and has taken all the "joy" out of the sensational birth of 8 children.

Really bizarre story. Sounds like the grandfather is just another person making bucks in the Iraq War. He'd better return there soon, the gravy train is ending. The money shipped to Iraq is being cut and we'll be out of there w/in the next year, thank goodness.

LadyCurry Guest
    Next we will hear that the grandfather was the sperm donor! I just know it is coming....lol!

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    LMAO ... they did say that he is married

Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

It's a vagina, not a goddamned clown car.
    You know, you think I would have learned by now not to read these boards while drinking anything....and yet...

I just wanted to comment that snorting Vitamin Water hurts like hell.

And yes, I'm just as disturbed and p.o.'d by all of this as the rest of you...but I can not stop giggling like an idiot over that sentence.
    "I don't want the bodies, just the pictures."
    --Castle

MoonRabbit Guest
    "It's a vagina, not a goddamned clown car."

The line above will become a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Curl_up_N_dye View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28864195/?gt1=43001

Pretty much all I can say is

This kind of stuff should be for Golden Retrievers, not humans....
    Is one named Damien?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Is one named Damien?

Dominus!!!!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Dominus!!!!
    That Av is killing meeeeeeeeee.....LMFAOOOOOOOOO

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I feel like a broken record, for having said the same thing in so many different threads about bad parenting choices but here I go again.
    Just because you CAN, doesn't mean that you SHOULD.
    That is the BEST thing I have ever heard! I agree!

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Maybe all the boys are named Damien.....Damien I, Damien II......but what are the girls names?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Maybe all the boys are named Damien.....Damien I, Damien II......but what are the girls names?

Damienita......LMAOOOOOOO

1karenhb Guest
    I was totally disgusted when I read this story in the news. Living in California I know who will be supporting this zoo, ME!!!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I was totally disgusted when I read this story in the news. Living in California I know who will be supporting this zoo, ME!!!

Miami is fun too....boy oh boy is it....

lane4 Guest
    I am just beyond shocked. Watching the news about it right now. I am just speechless.

cherryghost Guest
    This story is getting more complex by the day! How?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Damienita......LMAOOOOOOO
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa. Damienelle. Damiennifer.

I don't even know what to say about this story. God. Even the nutty Duggars have them one at a time, but they can afford them.

I can't wait for more news to come out about this. She might as well go into hiding with her litter. And, for God's sake: no one touch any of them or the mother won't come back!!!
    Last edited by Luanne; 01-31-2009 at 02:05 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lane4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa. Damienelle. Damiennifer.

I don't even know what to say about this story. God. Even the nutty Duggars have them one at a time, but they can afford them.

I can't wait for more news to come out about this. She might as well go into hiding with her litter. And, for God's sake: no one touch any of them or the mother won't come back!!!
    I have to applaud that one!

Roaming Tigress Guest
    People were not meant to have litters.

sheri Guest
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28864195/?gt1=43001

Pretty much all I can say is

This kind of stuff should be for Golden Retrievers, not humans....
    AMEN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    Wow! Thank God that they are breathing on their own. I couldn't imagine having that many babies at once.
    1 is having trouble breathing on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I know itā??s probably obvious, but my first thought when hearing about this story the other day was, wOaH oCtoPuSsY!
    Careful, it might swallow (NOT like that) any male within 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    8 kids !!!!!!!! Ahhh my vag hurts just thinking about it !
    Mine hurts too.

Quote Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
    Nah, that's them there Duggars!!!
    They need to go away, just like Yawn & Hate minus 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    What is this mentality of litter pregnancies? The risk of death or birth injury is so high, why take that chance?
    There is no mentality, she's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorey View Post
    I can understand having a baby, twins, maybe even triplets, but 8. I'm glad the babies are doing fine, I'd be jumping out the highest hospital window. I could bearly take care of one baby!! They are like little monsters, eat, drink, and crap. Oh I forgot puking, they're always puking.
    It will look like she has condors living with her.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I'm tickled to death- my hometown, the People's Republic of Bellflower is in the news!
    LOL, last night on the radio they said Bellwether, Ca- a bellwether is a castrated sheep- and that wouldn't apply here!

I hope the family gets some TV or book deals because Pampers for that bunch will cost a lot.
    It should apply - she needs to be fixed long ass time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopassing View Post
    It's going to take a village to raise this tribe. I remember how Kate's stomach looked preggers with eight. They probably tummy tucked this mommy while sewing her up.
    Forget the village, it's going to take the whole damn state of CA to raise these kids, and guess what - she already had a multiple birth - she has a 2 year old set of twins. Now this.

LOL .... I wonder when the reality hits? When your belly is the size of Jupiter? When you have the first diaper change? Seriously, the scariest moment of my life is when I brought my first child home from the hospital....CHILD...singular. I cannot imagine that feeling X 8.

Of course she'll have oodles of help .... courtesy of the taxpayers of CA, no doubt. She had better not be an illegal, or I will have to cut a bitch!!
    Can I help?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Welcome to America. Just think of the welfare she will get. What a country.
    Not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    This is absolutely, totally F&^$*?D up!!!

It makes no sense, she lives with her mom, dad is unknown...probably just some sperm donor...
    Doesn't CA have a cap on how many kids they pay for? Most states do...
    Of course, she will get everything free. People have offered cribs, bedding, food, baby gifts all to the new mom...
    While there are struggling mom's out there who have so little.....

UGH this pisses me off....
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post
    All I heard this morning was that her husband is a contractor scheduled to leave for Iraq. News reports are so skewed right now, I don't know what to believe!
    She lives with her parents, Dad is an Iraqi and is planning on going back to Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    So she is married, but her husband is in Iraq working as a contractor. The last name of the mother doesn't sound hispanic, has that been confirmed yet?
    No, she is divorced. Her dad is the Iraqi contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I feel like a broken record, for having said the same thing in so many different threads about bad parenting choices but here I go again.
    Just because you CAN, doesn't mean that you SHOULD.
    I've said the same damn thing Dennis. Just because you CAN. doesn't mean that you SHOULD. Irritates me to no end that I got called out ofr having only 2 kids, yet those calling me out for it are ones whom have more kids than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    check this out:

The Octuplets Came Via Sperm Donor!!!! And MORE Craziness!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed under: Baby Blabber > Wacky, Tacky & True
    When you need some juiceā?¦..go to the nosey neighbors!
    Some savvy reporting unearthed more crazy stuff about the momma who gave birth to octuplets earlier in the week.
    A neighbor revealed that the momma's six kiddies AND the 8 new babies were made with sperm from one donor:
    "She is single. She used a sperm donor, someone she knew, who donated sperm a long time ago. He donated the sperm for the first six kids and she used his frozen sperm for these one. I don't think the sperm donor knows about these eight kids. He was not involved."
    This woman is insane!!!!!!!
    The blabber, who asked to remain anonymous, went on to say:
    "From what I heard she likes kids, she wants a jillion kids. She even lied to the doctors who impregnated herā?¦. We should find out who the doctor is and where the money came from because this is irresponsible. The girl seemed a little off - and I don't want to be paying for her kids.""
    And, there seems to be some confusion about the woman's age and her status.
    The latest now is that she is indeed single (aged 33) and it is her father that is going to Iraq, to support the huge family.
    According to the neighbor, the parents are very supportive of their daughter and even lost their own home in an effort to support her. "The parents lost their house supporting their daughter," the neighbor went on. "They actually bought this house for her, but then they lost their house supporting her and her kids and they had to move in with her. And now her father has to go back to Iraq to earn more money to support her. Her father either works as a truck driver or an interpreter [in Iraq]."
    As to whether the mother herself works, the neighbor says: "She's a professional student and I want to know where the money's coming from to do this. Maybe she's using her student loans to do it."
    This is some crazy, crazy stuff, if it's indeed true.
    Is this why the family has stayed out of the spotlight?
    I just heard that the girl's mom is not supportive of this. Grandmother is quoted as stating that she wanted her daughter to have the selective reduction, daughter said no. Grandmother of the kids is also quoted as saying that she told her daughter that instead of having more kids she (the daughter) should become a kindergarten teacher.

A single woman of 33 with 14 kids. I don't envy her. This is crazy! Is she right in the head?
    No she is not right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by girl incognito View Post
    The Sun (UK) is reporting that she works at a fertilty clinic!! So that maybe why she was able to do this...she is crazy!!!
    She doesn't work there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Mother of octuplets already had 6 kids.

Her name is Angela Suleman. She's 33 years old and apparently lives with her parents

Is this woman or her family independently wealthy? How are they going to afford to raise 14 children? Is this another irresponsible welfare momma who I'm having to support with my tax dollars? No wonder California is broke. People like her are the reason im getting an IOU this year instead of a tax return check.
    Angela Suleman is the grandmother of all 14 kids, NOT the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    I saw video of the father. A bald middle-aged Middle Easterner.
    He was driving away from the news camera.

The news reports stated that the rabbit was 33 years old.
    This guy you saw is the GRANDFATHER. But still, I think that there's some mental instability in the 33 year old. At least the grandmother to these kids seems to have made some sensible comments.

This story is making my blood boil!! My sister, who is 34, is right at this moment waiting to find out if she is pregnant. She and her husband have been trying for 4 years to get pregnant, and finally, as a last resort, have done the in-vitro fertilization option.

Not sure about the States, but here in Canada, they will only put 1-2 embryos in a woman under 35, and 2-3 in someone older. How the hell did this woman get 8 implanted? Not counting all the other treatments my sister has tried prior to IVF, this procedure is costing them $14,000 for one shot! Only $5,000 of that is covered by her insurance.

She is finding out next week if the pregnancy took. She had 2 embryos put in. She doesn't think it did since she is having some bleeding and cramping (just for 1/2 a day). We are keeping our fingers crossed! If not, it's back for another try.
    Last edited by limey; 01-31-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Selfishness and most likely greed.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

NewYorkDoll Guest

talk amongst yourselves......

Octuplets mom obsessed with having children: grandmother
    Last Updated: Saturday, January 31, 2009 | 9:27 AM
    The Associated Press

The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

Angela Suleman told the Associated Press she was not supportive when her daughter, Nadya Suleman, decided to have more embryos implanted last year.

"It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."

Nadya Suleman, 33, gave birth Monday in nearby Bellflower. She was expected to remain in the hospital for at least a few more days, and her newborns for at least a month.

A spokeswoman at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center said the babies were doing well and seven were breathing unassisted.

While her daughter recovers, Angela Suleman is taking care of the other six children, ages 2 through 7, at the family home in Whittier, about 24 kilometres east of downtown Los Angeles.

She also said she warned her daughter: When Nadya gets home, "I'm going to be gone."

Grandmother says daughter's fallopian tubes were blocked

Angela Suleman said her daughter always had trouble conceiving and underwent in vitro fertilization treatments because her fallopian tubes are "plugged up."

There were frozen embryos left over after her previous pregnancies and her daughter didn't want them destroyed, so she decided to have more children.

Her mother and doctors have said the woman was told she had the option to abort some of the embryos and, later, the fetuses. She declined.

Her mother said she does not believe her daughter will have any more children.

"She doesn't have any more [frozen embryos], so it's over now," she said. "It has to be."

Nadya Suleman wanted to have children since she was a teenager, "but luckily she couldn't," her mother said.

"Instead of becoming a kindergarten teacher or something, she started having them, but not the normal way," he mother said.

Her daughter's obsession with children caused Angela Suleman considerable stress, so she sought help from a psychologist, who told her to order her daughter out of the house.

"Maybe she wouldn't have had so many kids then, but she is a grown woman," Angela Suleman said. "I feel responsible and I didn't want to throw her out."

Yolanda Garcia, 49, of Whittier, said she helped care for Nadya Suleman's autistic son three years ago.

"From what I could tell back then, she was pretty happy with herself, saying she liked having kids and she wanted 12 kids in all," Garcia told the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

"She told me that all of her kids were through in vitro, and I said 'Gosh, how can you afford that and go to school at the same time?"' she added. "And she said it's because she got paid for it."

Garcia said she did not ask for details.

Nadya Suleman holds a 2006 degree in child and adolescent development from California State University, Fullerton, and as late as last spring she was studying for a master's degree in counselling, college spokeswoman Paula Selleck told the Press-Telegram.

Her fertility doctor has not been identified. Her mother told the Los Angeles Times all the children came from the same sperm donor but she declined to identify him.

Birth certificates reviewed by the Associated Press identify a David Solomon as the father for the four oldest children. Certificates for the other children were not immediately available.

The news that the octuplets' mother already had six children sparked an ethical debate in the reproductive medicine field and lively Internet conversations.

Some medical experts were disturbed to hear that the woman was offered fertility treatment, and troubled by the possibility that she was implanted with so many embryos.

Others worried that the mother would be overwhelmed trying to raise her brood and would end up relying on public support.

The eight babies - six boys and two girls - were delivered by Caesarean section weighing between 1 pound, 8 ounces and 3 pounds, 4 ounces. Forty-six physicians and staff assisted in the deliveries.

ceege Guest
    Damn I love to see my tax dollars in action. You know that ho is already on the public dole.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i swear, i thought that article was from the onion when i first eyeballed it.

I noticed the babies were born at Kaiser. Do they accept Medi-Cal? When I lived in Cali Kaiser was an HMO for employee groups.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

lisalouver Guest
    One of her kids is autistic. That's nice. I'm sure he is getting what he needs from his "mother'

cachluv Guest
    Jesus, this gets worse and worse doesn't it?

I wonder if this MOM thinks she's okay, has done okay, and will do okay. Sounds to me like she's been a mess since she was a kid.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    This story is making my blood boil!! My sister, who is 34, is right at this moment waiting to find out if she is pregnant. She and her husband have been trying for 4 years to get pregnant, and finally, as a last resort, have done the in-vitro fertilization option.

Not sure about the States, but here in Canada, they will only put 1-2 embryos in a woman under 35, and 2-3 in someone older. How the hell did this woman get 8 implanted? Not counting all the other treatments my sister has tried prior to IVF, this procedure is costing them $14,000 for one shot! Only $5,000 of that is covered by her insurance.

She is finding out next week if the pregnancy took. She had 2 embryos put in. She doesn't think it did since she is having some bleeding and cramping (just for 1/2 a day). We are keeping our fingers crossed! If not, it's back for another try.
    2 to 3 is the norm here, also .... the fact that some Dr. implanted 8 definitely leaves him open to negligence.

And good luck to your sister. Fingers crossed!!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    it's just fucking crazy. she is a nutter but who is the physician who would agree to do this to a woman who already has 6 kids?

there is no way that the state of CA. is not paying for this. even if the breed mare had insurance, it would be maxxed out on something like this. 46 doctors and they prepared for the births for 7 weeks??? even if each of them had a $1million max out, it still would not cover the costs.

i think this is the same logic used by jon and kate who decided that it would easier on them financially if jon quit his job and the state of PA pay the costs which would far exceed the coverage they had.

but hey, the heart wants what the heart wants...

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    LOL breed mare

NY, it is beyond comprehension the costs that have been accrued from this clusterfuck. I hope hope HOPE that there is some sort of cap on what will be paid for. But here is a woman who filed Bankruptcy about 6 months before being implanted, has no hubby, no job, etc. The only hope for the hospital to be paid is from some entitlement program or another. Or of course the future patients ... instead of an aspirin costing 3 dollars, it will now cost 5 dollars

InBruges Guest
    Here's the latest about her

She made the comment in a prepared statement read by doctors in Los Angeles.
    Although the mother has yet to reveal her identity, it is believed she already has six other children.
    She has promised she will be happy to be interviewed about the births at a later date.
    "We understand that you are all curious about the arrival of the octuplets and we appreciate your respect for our family's privacy," she wrote.
    "Please know, in our own time, we will share additional details about this miraculous experience.
    "The babies continue to grow strong every day and make good progress. My family and I are ecstatic about all of their arrivals.
    "Needless to say, the eighth was a surprise to us all, but a blessing as well."
    The woman's six boys and two girls were delivered by Caesarean section on Monday.
    Giving an update on their condition, doctors described them as "feisty" and said all eight continued to show improvement in the Kaiser Permanente Medical Centre's neonatal intensive care unit.
    Seven are breathing completely on their own and have begun feeding, though they continue to receive intravenous nutritional supplements.
    Their arrival, as only the second set of octuplets known to have survived birth in the US, surprised doctors who had seen only seven babies in ultrasound images.
    Officials have declined to reveal if the mother received fertility treatments, which can increase the likelihood of multiple births.
    She herself has shed no light on such questions, appealing instead for respect of the family's privacy.
    Nonetheless, the Los Angeles Times quoted the grandmother of the octuplets, Angela Suleman, as saying the young mother already had six children and now faced the task of raising 14 children.
    She described the new arrivals as "so tiny and so beautiful".