Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Octomom, Nadia Suleman

radiojane Guest
    I can just see this woman doing the math on how her ability to breed will rake in the dough.

So irritated by this story. UGGH!

mandee1005 Guest
    I hope like hell DHR will be watching her like a hawk. Single mother raising that many kids? Bullshit.

kafenervosa Guest
    This is just disgusting. She has 6 other children and then gets fertility treatments! If the state of California wasn't bankrupt before, it will be now.

Shawver83 Guest
    Yeah, I don't understand why, if she already had six other kids at home, she was taking fertility treatments?

14 kids? Baby factory indeed.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    This is absolutely, totally F&^$*?D up!!!

It makes no sense, she lives with her mom, dad is unknown...probably just some sperm donor...
    Doesn't CA have a cap on how many kids they pay for? Most states do...
    Of course, she will get everything free. People have offered cribs, bedding, food, baby gifts all to the new mom...
    While there are struggling mom's out there who have so little.....

UGH this pisses me off....

LadyCurry Guest
    All I heard this morning was that her husband is a contractor scheduled to leave for Iraq. News reports are so skewed right now, I don't know what to believe!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Media knew little about the woman until a family acquaintance told CBS' "The Early Show" on Thursday that the mother is "fairly young" and lives with her parents and her six children.

But the grandfather warned that media may have a tougher time finding the family after the babies are released from the hospital.

"We have a huge house, not here," said the man, who would only identify himself as Ed. "You are never going to know where it is."

OK, so she lives with her parents, and they have a "Huge house" that they will seclude to....

Sounds like they don't need any help. They should donate all those free things they have been given to a shelter or crisis pregnancy center....

But how much you wanna bet they don't?

LadyCurry Guest
    This is what I have-

By Catherine Elsworth in Los Angeles
    Last Updated: 8:19AM GMT 30 Jan 2009

Angela Suleman told the Los Angeles Times her daughter, who already has six children, had the embryos implanted last year.
    "They all happened to take," Ms Suleman said. "I looked at those babies.
    They are so tiny and so beautiful."
    The grandmother told the paper that when her daughter discovered she was carrying multiple babies - doctors thought she was expecting seven - she was given the option of selectively reducing the number of embryos but refused.
    "What do you suggest she should have done? She refused to have them killed," Ms Suleman said. "That is a very painful thing."
    She added that, "it's going to be difficult" and her husband was heading back to Iraq, where he had been employed as a contract worker, to help support his drastically expanded family.
    The woman spoke after the media tracked the family down to a modest home in Whittier, a Los Angeles suburb. The mother of the octuplets was described by an acquaintance as "fairly young" and said to be living with her parents in a cul-de-sac with her six other children, including a set of twins.
    The children's grandfather told the Associated Press the babies were doing well but he had yet to learn their names.
    Meanwhile the octuplets' mother, who asked the hospital not to release her name, spoke for the first time of her joy and described her shock at having an unexpected eighth baby.
    In a prepared statement read out by her doctors, the woman's first public comments on the births that have garnered international attention, she said she was "ecstatic about all of their arrivals".
    She described the shock delivery of the eighth baby - ultrasounds scans had only detected seven - as "a surprise to us all but a blessing as well" and said that in time the family would "share additional details about this miraculous experience".
    Her doctors at a hospital in Bellflower, some 10 miles south of Whittier, meanwhile, said the mother's recovery was "progressing extremely well" and she had visited her newborn children several times.
    The babies, six boys and two girls born nine weeks premature by caesarean section on Monday, were doing well and improving every day, their doctors said. Seven of them were breathing on their own with only one requiring "just a very small amount of oxygen" and all but one were feeding. The eighth expected to start feeding on Friday.
    They were also receiving intravenous nutritional supplements.
    Officials at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Centre have refused to identify the mother or say if she received fertility treatments. But on Thursday they did disclose that the woman came to the hospital when she was 12 weeks pregnant and doctors there took over her case "from an outside provider".
    Their octuplets are only the second set known to have survived birth in the United States, In 1988, a Nigerian-born mother gave birth to eight babies in Houston, Texas. One died a week later but the others, five girls and two boys, survived and recently turned 10.

lisalouver Guest
    So she is married, but her husband is in Iraq working as a contractor. The last name of the mother doesn't sound hispanic, has that been confirmed yet?

LadyCurry Guest
    I don't think anything is being confirmed...if you just google this- the news stories - not talking about forums/blogs - have many different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemeris View Post
    Why? To get more state funds? Or is this a result of reality TV making stars out of people with litters?

~Gem
    I think that's it!!! I'm so mad right now...how selfish can one be! I hope people see this woman by who she is and NOT give her a tv show.

I bet she's been thinking about freebies all along!!!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

The trainwreck continues...

Octuplets' Family Filed For Bankruptcy

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4764432.shtml
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

djdeath-hag Guest
    I feel like a broken record, for having said the same thing in so many different threads about bad parenting choices but here I go again.
    Just because you CAN, doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

Shano Guest
    So there is no "Daddy"!?!! She conceived through a fertility program?!?! And her father is going back to his native Iraq to earn more money and he is ex Iraq mitlitary!!!! WTFFFFFFF!

She already had 6 kids!! What on earth would make her go and actively seek another pregnancy?! MONEY... sure she is all "please keep me nameless" right now but how long is that really going to last.

Yawn & Hate plus 8 are bad but this is way worse!!

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    This is the latest that I heard this morning: She is 32 years old and had 8 embryos implanted, and obviously all 8 took. Supposedly Dr.'s NEVER implant this many in someone so young because of the risk of this very thing happening ... usually they will implant more embryos as the mother gets older because of the viability of the eggs decreases with age. So whomever did this fuckery more than likely isn't here in this Country, or if he/she is, they have a lot of 'splainin to do

No wonder Cali is going broke.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    From what I understand, it is VERY irresponsible for any infertility Doc to transfer that many. if she filed bankruptsy, where the hell did she get the money for infertility treatments?? That shit sho' ain't cheap!

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    No wonder Cali is going broke.

This sort of clusterfuck is exactly why....

**Disclaimer - I am not against persons wanting to have kids, using fertility drugs and I am not here to down someone for wanting kids, doing anything to have them BUT*

why is this news? I hate when things like this come on, because it is not a shock. Ooooo, someone had MULTIPLE births with fertility drugs......ooooo. If a person had 8 kids natural that would be a shock. But having multiple births with fertility drugs is a given. That is what they do, inject all these fertiized eggs hoping some will stick.

See then they get glorified for being so brave as to take on having that many. Which it is a lot to do, but who suffers when there are big births (7-8+). Then you have several on O2 for a long time or who have increased risk with extreme Low Birth Weight of mental, respiratory, and other organ difficulties. I think it is sad.

PLUS who the hell is gonna pay that multi-million dollar hospital bill?????

LadyCurry Guest
    Nadya Suleman

I found the mother's name through comments on the news story link girl incog. posted. SO...if her father is a native from Iraq....with the last name Suleman? We may never get the whole story...However, it is starting to unravel! Go death hags!

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    I'm guessing the already broke state of California. Maybe just as a goof Trojan brand condoms will pick up the tab as a free advertisment.

The more I hear about this story, the more disgusted I get.

There has to be something shady going on- some sort of freak experiment or something. We looked into invitro and that was going to cost around $10000 plus another $2500 per month for the hormones and such.

It's a vagina, not a goddamned clown car.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    We are ... my fellow Californian!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curl_up_N_dye View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28914231/

Ok, I am fucking furious!! No husband, 6 other kids, lives off the State...

ACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

W.T.F??
    EXACTLY... What a bitch. I hope they zip her up for good. Aah, lucky for us the neighbors are talking... Hahaa!!

No wonder she doesn't want anyone knowing who she is... I hope they don't get any assistance. That bitch knew how many kids she was carrying. What was that 7 or 8 BS... What's the damn difference!!

Sorry, but this burns me up. How did this come out anyway? Because of the hospital carrying off such a delivery so they announced it?

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Again:

But the grandfather warned that media may have a tougher time finding the family after the babies are released from the hospital.

"We have a huge house, not here," said the man, who would only identify himself as Ed. "You are never going to know where it is."
    So does this mean they are taking all the kids back to Iraq?

Yet another family that can in no way provide proper attention and love to all their children. Very sad... this is why you should have a permit to reproduce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

InBruges Guest
    She'll probably get a lot of deals for having those kids. But after a few weeks the novelty will wear off. Still it would be hard looking after all those kids with no one to help out.

cachluv Guest
    Why, why, why???

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Why, why, why???

Don't you mean this darling,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsTIS-8III

cachluv Guest
    But there wasn't even any "more" to have!! It was all done at the doctor's office.

I just don't get it.

But she will, tax dollars at work.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I was just discussing this the other day with someone. And, they were like well, I guess she won't be wanting any more. Then yesterday, I read the whole deal about her having six already. Uuggh.

The comment about no wonder Cali is going broke... Is still cracking me up.

Nerak Guest
    jeez, I didn't know they already had 6!!! Is the state even obligated to help them out? Can they afford these children? and I mean from birth to putting them all thru university? craziness.

Here's something I don't understand: A couple that wants to adopt has to jump through hoops, go through extensive background checks etc., etc. to provide a home for an existing child who needs one. Single person or gay couple who want to adopt? Hoops X 10.

So why are there no legal, moral, or social boundries in place to prevent a travesty like this?

cachluv Guest
    I know I'll be the big-giant bitch upon wondering this, but are we sure these folks are actual citizens? Just wondering.....why are they guarding their id?

Methinks there's a hitch in the get-a-long somewhere.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I was thinking she didn't want to be known because she already had a bunch of kids. Hard to find sympathy for her, if you have that kind of knowledge.

When I think 8 kids, I think she has a hard time with pregnancy and has had some sort of medical help to be able to have children. Now I know that's not true.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I know I'll be the big-giant bitch upon wondering this, but are we sure these folks are actual citizens? Just wondering.....why are they guarding their id?

Methinks there's a hitch in the get-a-long somewhere.
    If you're a big giant bitch, I am also because I have been wondering the same thing....something's definitely fishy and this time it's not her knocked-up cooter

Nerak Guest
    If you're a big giant bitch, I am also because I have been wondering the same thing....something's definitely fishy and this time it's not her knocked-up cooter

LOL, gross

Damn it. I had dental surgery yesterday and you just made me smile...

Curl_up_N_dye Guest

NewYorkDoll Guest
    check this out:

The Octuplets Came Via Sperm Donor!!!! And MORE Craziness!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed under: Baby Blabber > Wacky, Tacky & True
    When you need some juiceā?¦..go to the nosey neighbors!
    Some savvy reporting unearthed more crazy stuff about the momma who gave birth to octuplets earlier in the week.
    A neighbor revealed that the momma's six kiddies AND the 8 new babies were made with sperm from one donor:
    "She is single. She used a sperm donor, someone she knew, who donated sperm a long time ago. He donated the sperm for the first six kids and she used his frozen sperm for these one. I don't think the sperm donor knows about these eight kids. He was not involved."
    This woman is insane!!!!!!!
    The blabber, who asked to remain anonymous, went on to say:
    "From what I heard she likes kids, she wants a jillion kids. She even lied to the doctors who impregnated herā?¦. We should find out who the doctor is and where the money came from because this is irresponsible. The girl seemed a little off - and I don't want to be paying for her kids.""
    And, there seems to be some confusion about the woman's age and her status.
    The latest now is that she is indeed single (aged 33) and it is her father that is going to Iraq, to support the huge family.
    According to the neighbor, the parents are very supportive of their daughter and even lost their own home in an effort to support her. "The parents lost their house supporting their daughter," the neighbor went on. "They actually bought this house for her, but then they lost their house supporting her and her kids and they had to move in with her. And now her father has to go back to Iraq to earn more money to support her. Her father either works as a truck driver or an interpreter [in Iraq]."
    As to whether the mother herself works, the neighbor says: "She's a professional student and I want to know where the money's coming from to do this. Maybe she's using her student loans to do it."
    This is some crazy, crazy stuff, if it's indeed true.
    Is this why the family has stayed out of the spotlight?

InBruges Guest
    A single woman of 33 with 14 kids. I don't envy her. This is crazy! Is she right in the head?

Mybe she's one of these hoarders, the kind that hoard animals like cats or dogs...She just hoards babies.

The Sun (UK) is reporting that she works at a fertilty clinic!! So that maybe why she was able to do this...she is crazy!!!

InBruges Guest
    Yeah I mean I love shoes and have loads of pairs but shoes don't have to be fed and looked after.

InBruges Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girl incognito View Post
    The Sun (UK) is reporting that she works at a fertilty clinic!! So that maybe why she was able to do this...she is crazy!!!
    I wonder was she putting her hand in the till so to speak?

Employee work shrinkage at its worst.

Sounds like her parents are as wacky as she is!

And this one is far too train wreck-y for TLC. It's more of an MTV or VH-1 type reality show.