Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucille Ball

'they call me cuban pete...i'm the king of the rumba beat''''...when i go chick chickee boom chick chickeee boom chick chikee booom'
    pull the string!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Babaluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    'they call me cuban pete...i'm the king of the rumba beat''''...when i go chick chickee boom chick chickeee boom chick chikee booom'
    Bwahahahahahahahah!!! Shake it baby...Don't break it!!!Shit, now I got that damn song stuck in my head...Thanks alot Kitty...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    oooo, i love that song. hehehe

crazedfemale Guest

I see Desi but not Lucy. Desi had more ass than a toilet seat.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Yep,their my grandparents too

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post

ooooo I love that!! hahaha more ass than a toilet seat!! Love it!

phirerednga Guest
    I hate to be the wet blanket here, but stranger things have happened.

NOVSTORM Guest
    If they wanted to put an end to it they would have that DNA test. I think those 2 loser kids of theirs are afraid that it is Desi's grand kid and they have to fork out some money? Desi Jr never accepted his own kid and Lucy never did either and Lucy did'nt like anyoe that they married or dated either . If the girl is serious she should get a court order and have the test done. I think it is Desi Sr's (if it is true) not Lucy. I can;t see Lucy giving a damn about having a kid especially when she was married.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    If they wanted to put an end to it they would have that DNA test. I think those 2 loser kids of theirs are afraid that it is Desi's grand kid and they have to fork out some money? Desi Jr never accepted his own kid and Lucy never did either and Lucy did'nt like anyoe that they married or dated either . If the girl is serious she should get a court order and have the test done. I think it is Desi Sr's (if it is true) not Lucy. I can;t see Lucy giving a damn about having a kid especially when she was married.
    I have to agree. What are Desi and Lucy Jr afraid of?

malaki Guest
    I agree w/ya all, she does resemble Desi, not Lucy at all, and take the tests....My grandparents are Clark Gable & Carole Lombard...No really they are..

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I agree, I think it comes down to money and Lucie and Desi Jr don't want to share with another family member. Why else would they be scared to do the DNA test.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest

LOVE IT!

I Love Lucy is my all-time fav but I hate when sordid stuff like this comes up about them .... they're supposed to be perfect, dammit! But I have to agree with more asses than a toilet seat statement about Desi

I don't believe Lucy would have given up a child ......

14. 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Chascsq Guest
    Usually when these claims come forward I tend to lean towards fruitcake, but that woman does resemble Desi, and with what was known there is good reasonable doubt. I do not believe she is Lucy's though. I doubt a woman who tried for years to get pregnant would give away her child. Most likely she's Desi's with some fling.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I have to agree. That child does resemble Desi, Lucie jr and Desi Jr. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was a love child of Desi Sr

Blurgle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    It would be simple to determine whether Lucy was her grandmother. It would be moderately difficult (with some margin of error) to determine whether the two of them were her grandparents. But it might not be possible to determine whether Desi was her grandfather with another woman *unless* that woman was found or the mother - the supposed adopted child - was exhumed and her DNA gathered.

Mitochondrial DNA is passed down only by the mother, and this woman claims Lucy is her maternal grandmother. So if this woman is Lucy's granddaughter, she will have the same mitochondrial DNA as Lucy, both her children, Lucie Arnaz's children, and any children Lucie's daughter Katherine has. Mitochondrial DNA testing is cheap, quick, and relatively simple compared to standard nuclear DNA testing.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to get an absolutely rock-hard yes or no from nuclear DNA paternity testing without DNA from the child in question and both parents. In this case, they should be able to get a yes or no as to whether this woman is descended from both Lucy and Desi, but it won't be anywhere near as easy to determine whether she's descended from Desi and another unknown woman. That's because although you get 50% of your DNA from each of your parents, due to recombinance you don't get exactly 25% of your DNA from each of your grandparents. Sometimes it's close but sometimes it isn't.

If she only has 1% or 2% of Desi's DNA, the similarities may not be enough to make a determination. (On the other hand, if her grandfather is not Desi but is even distantly related to him, she could share 1% of her DNA with him without being his granddaughter.)

They'd have a much greater chance of success if they exhumed the mother (the supposed child of Desi and Lucy) and compared her DNA to Lucie or Desi Jr. Comparing the DNA of siblings, even half-siblings, is always successful.

Edit to add: and now that I read the story more closely I realize that they want to test her against a "distant relative" of Desi's. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Blurgle; 09-07-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: adding stuff

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by malaki View Post
    I agree w/ya all, she does resemble Desi, not Lucy at all, and take the tests....My grandparents are Clark Gable & Carole Lombard...No really they are..

What??????

deathaddict Guest
    I remember in the 80s she did a series I think it was called life with Lucy. She played a grandmother. I thought it was good but it got cancelled shortly after.

20. 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM

Reason
    have to leave site

Noelle Page Guest
    Wow! I wanna be the first to welcome Julia to the forum. Cool genes!

knothere Guest
    wowee
    Thank you for coming to our forum Mrs. Arnaz.

Wow how kewl to have Hollywood Royalty rite here on FAD,Welcome Ms. Arnaz
    Last edited by Georgiaguy1; 10-13-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Guest Guest
    Wow... welcome to our humble forum.......

umm....... I'm sorry, but who is your mother..... I never really knew anything about your father or aunt,..... just your grandparents..

sunshine2828 Guest
    Welcome to the forum! Good to know the inside stuff instead of the rumors. Thank you!

ByrdSar Guest
    Welcome Julia!

Nicki Guest
    Here is Desi Arnaz Jr's Website: http://riccidesibilly.com/index.html

He is doing a play with the Der Bingle's....Bing Crosbys daughter Mary Crosby in early 2009 in Nevada.

Julia Arnaz Guest
    wow thank you so much, were am I? i do not even know!!! what kind of a site is this?lol..maybe I have a whole new group of new pals..come vist me on facebook and my space for more family photos..take a look at my daughter Desiree modeling pics on facebook..now that girl is going to be a star just like her greatgrandparents.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Hi Julia, welcome to the forum! What is the address (URL) to your myspace page? I would love to see your family pics. I am a big fan of Lucy & Desi!

Cettie Guest
    Welcome! This board is made up of a great bunch of folks who like to let their hair down and have a good time. Come join the fun.

Layla331 Guest
    Welcome to the family Julia...hope to see ya around ..!!!!

Julia Arnaz Guest
    cool glad to be here thank you new fantastic friends.look forward to lots of laughs.
    THE ARNAZ QUEOT IS LOVE AND LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!! truly Julia Arnaz

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Hi and welcome Julia!! Thank you so much for coming on a telling us your story. Very cool. Glad to have you as a member of the family

Sorry but what do you mean by 'had more ass than a toilet seat' ? I've never heard that before.

Layla331 Guest
    that means gets alotta ladies..gets more ass than a toilet seat means gets laid alot

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia Arnaz View Post
    First thank you to all my grandmother and grandfathers fans!
    I never knew this site was here very interesting
    I see a few posted some comments about me
    one lady said that my father Desi jr never acknowledged me, wrong! we had a rough start but I'm blessed he been man enough to step up, my poor Dad was only 15 years old when he got my top model mom prego,I came along when he was 16, think about that? that is really young
    My mom was the one who took me out of Hollywood CA,and raised me in Conn.Thank God!!I am so glad I didn't grow up their anyhoo my father is wonderful to me and his only granddaughter Desiree, Lucille and Desi only great grandchild.. in fact I was just their w/ my Dad and my stepmom amy in NV last weekend.I am Lucy and Desi very first grandchild, then their are my cousin Simon, Kate and Joe Lucie Arnaz's children...that is it...this whole other story about my grandmother having a baby is just not so. How can Lucille do retakes for husbands affairs in may? and the baby was born in June?
    their is much more against this woman cassandria carlson caims then just that..you guys should see the letters she wrote to my Father and Aunt lucie, talk about tripping yourself up! boy does she.. she said she had all these lawyers we have not been contacted once in 4 years,she said on her personal my space she went to court, we were never contacted ever!! To the woman who said google my name and read all about my screwd up life, their was never a dull moment in my life, and further more, Im proud to say I beat my cocaine problem 3 years ago thank you!to all other's have a fantastic Day! truly julia Arnaz.
    Welcome to the board. Did you ever get a chance to meet your grandparents?

Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    that means gets alotta ladies..gets more ass than a toilet seat means gets laid alot

ohhh ok call me stupid i thought it meant that his ass was so big it was bigger than average (enough to cover a toilet seat ) LOL.

Speaking of Ethel Mertz \ Vivian Vance: I love love love the hairstyle Vivian \ Ethel had on I Love Lucy! I would like to know how exactley if thats a popular hairstyle, is it done??? Are there any books or something from like the '50s that would show how to have hair today, like that??

radiojane Guest
    This is going to get me strangled, but the pigheaded idiot in me must say this: I Love Lucy could have been so much better.

Let me explain:

Lucille Ball was a relative latecomer to radio, but her sitcom "My Favorite Husband" was a hit up in the ranks of "Our Miss Brooks" and "The Life of Riley". She played a ditzy society wife alongside Richard Denning as her banker husband. Gale Gordon (her boss at the bank from her later tv series) and Bea Benederet (Petticoat Junction) were co-stars. So tv, comes a courting, and Lucy, (who at this time is trying to save her marriage to her philandering husband, who seems to resent her success, even though he's doing fairly well for him self working for Bob Hope among other ventures), says I'll do it, but only if Ricky can star. Consequently Denning (who later played the hawaiian governer on Hawaii 5-0) gets dropped, and the premise has to be changed to fit Desi's talents. They scuffled so much with the advertisers and producers, that they ended up doing most of it on their own.
    They wanted Gordon and Benederet to star, but since Gordon was doing three regular radio shows (The Phil Harris/Alice Faye Show, Fibber Mcgee and Molly and Our Miss Brooks) as well as guest appearances, and Bea Benederet was literally the female Mel Blanc, they weren't available. That's where Vance and Frawley came in. The show went from a society wife and her ladder climbing husband to Lucy and Ricky. A lot of the humor was changed too, in fact it was really dumbed down.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the show, but I am cursed with the knowledge of what it could have been. However, I think that without I Love Lucy, we wouldn't have had Desi's innovations, and that would have sucked. But the chance to have My favorite husband as it was on radio transferred to tv, that would have been so wonderful.

They did a radio pilot of I love Lucy with the tv cast. I have it. It's a half hour about Lucy and Ricky renting the apartment from the Mertzes.

I just finished a biography on Lucille ball not that long ago. My favorite tid bit is that DeMille wanted her to play Angel the elephant girl in The Greatest show On Earth. She ended up getting pregnant, and Gloria Grahamme got the role. Someone congratulated Lucy on "screwing Paramount, Cecil B. Demille and her husband all at once".

As for Desi and Lucy.... I really have to go with the star crossed lovers thing. I think they were soulmates, but soulmates don't always get to stay together. This bio I read really reads like a love story for the two of them, especially in the end. She cried for days when Desi died. I don't think she was a bitch, or at least I don't think she started out as one... she had a tough and tragic childhood, not horrible, but certainly difficult, and she struggled for years in Hollywood. And Desi, well, he was programmed to cheat. It was practically a family legacy with him.
    Last edited by radiojane; 10-17-2008 at 06:57 AM.

UnbreakableSam Guest
    one lady said that my father Desi jr never acknowledged me, wrong! we had a rough start but I'm blessed he been man enough to step up, my poor Dad was only 15 years old when he got my top model mom prego,I came along when he was 16, think about that? that is really young
    My mom was the one who took me out of Hollywood CA,and raised me in Conn.Thank God!!I am so glad I didn't grow up their anyhoo my father is wonderful to me and his only granddaughter Desiree, Lucille and Desi only great grandchild.. in fact I was just their w/ my Dad and my stepmom amy in NV last weekend.I am Lucy and Desi very first grandchild, then their are my cousin Simon, Kate and Joe Lucie Arnaz's children...that is it...this whole other story about my grandmother having a baby is just not so. How can Lucille do retakes for husbands affairs in may? and the baby was born in June?
    their is much more against this woman cassandria carlson caims then just that..you guys should see the letters she wrote to my Father and Aunt lucie, talk about tripping yourself up! boy does she.. she said she had all these lawyers we have not been contacted once in 4 years,she said on her personal my space she went to court, we were never contacted ever!! To the woman who said google my name and read all about my screwd up life, their was never a dull moment in my life, and further more, Im proud to say I beat my cocaine problem 3 years ago thank you!to all other's have a fantastic Day! truly julia Arnaz.

Are you certain or is it that your family is just afraid to deal with the consequences of her being their/your relation. I have read the article, read your comments about her and it's obvious that there's family resemblance in all of you. I read her husband's profile as he's an executive, these people would have a lot to lose if she was "making it up" being fairly wealthy themselves. I am sure you know this, you seem like a smart girl. Let's say if it wasn't true, your family would have filed charges against her a long time ago. Any average Joe would have for such allegations. You get my drift. The celebs tend to get the police involved asap.

Did you read the review of the polyanalyst who analyzed Cassandria? There was a man from Yale who wrote that "The woman, was dead on the money, fluent in her speaking, fast in her toes, full of knowledge and spirit. There was no pause in responses or her direction. She spoke with confidence and security. There's no deception in her audio tones, verbiage or knowledge of her history with Lucille Ball. She's fully aware and confident beyond the shadow of a doubt as to who she is.

I did see some orders in a court that were recently filed within the last two weeks on their behalf. The docs are "sealed" which in professional terms means "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL" no one seals things unless they are top secret anymore or they are looking to keep the media restricted from access. It was granted sealed by a judge. I also did see she is an advocate in her area as a translator for persons who do not speak english and she has court transcripts. Is that her job? Always being in court.

It sounds as though your family may not be telling you everything. I know most high profile families will keep the "need to know" only knowledgeable between the "must knows" (Lucie, her husband and Desi and his wife) and no one else. You may think you know-but I am sure you really don't. Don't get discouraged, hopefully, someone will submit DNA and let you get on with your lives. This news has to be unsettling.

Keep us posted. Sounds like you and your family have been through the ringer.

Sam

UnbreakableSam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakableSam View Post
    Are you certain or is it that your family is just afraid to deal with the consequences of her being their/your relation. I have read the article, read your comments about her and it's obvious that there's family resemblance in all of you. I read her husband's profile as he's an executive, these people would have a lot to lose if she was "making it up" being fairly wealthy themselves. I am sure you know this, you seem like a smart girl. Let's say if it wasn't true, your family would have filed charges against her a long time ago. Any average Joe would have for such allegations. You get my drift. The celebs tend to get the police involved asap.

Did you read the review of the polyanalyst who analyzed Cassandria? There was a man from Yale who wrote that "The woman, was dead on the money, fluent in her speaking, fast in her toes, full of knowledge and spirit. There was no pause in responses or her direction. She spoke with confidence and security. There's no deception in her audio tones, verbiage or knowledge of her history with Lucille Ball. She's fully aware and confident beyond the shadow of a doubt as to who she is.

I did see some orders in a court that were recently filed within the last two weeks on their behalf. The docs are "sealed" which in professional terms means "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL" no one seals things unless they are top secret anymore or they are looking to keep the media restricted from access. It was granted sealed by a judge. I also did see she is an advocate in her area as a translator for persons who do not speak english and she has court transcripts. Is that her job? Always being in court.

It sounds as though your family may not be telling you everything. I know most high profile families will keep the "need to know" only knowledgeable between the "must knows" (Lucie, her husband and Desi and his wife) and no one else. You may think you know-but I am sure you really don't. Don't get discouraged, hopefully, someone will submit DNA and let you get on with your lives. This news has to be unsettling.

Keep us posted. Sounds like you and your family have been through the ringer.

Sam

I felt I needed to add to this. Julia have you read your grandmother's will? I just did. I found that IF your dad, aunt or any one of the offspring try to fight a declared heir or direct decendant named in the Lucille Ball Morton trust that they are to be disowned. NO monkey business. Now if the whole world knew this, they would know why your aunt and dad aren't fighting this girl and her mother. The wills are visible on the Carlson's main webpage (not the myspace, but their entire website) it's by invite only with a passcode, but she's got over 700 pages of records for people to read. It's interesting and nicely done. Again, way too much for someone who isn't who they say they are. I am conflicted by reading all of it. But, it makes a lot of sense why your family anyone in your family is not fighting her or defaming her for when it's all proven those in violation or deliberately fighting against her can and will be disowned to the entire estate/trust. It's fascinating reading. Do you have the link? Wow. Sam

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Any truth to the rumor Desi Jr. is Sean Astin's dad?
    I used to think Sean Astin was Desi Jr son. I think a lot of people did. As a baby Sean even looked like Desi Jr.!
    According to this his biological father is Michael Tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Astin
    Early life

Astin was born Sean Patrick Duke[1] in Santa Monica, California, the son of actress Patty Duke. He discovered in 1994 that his biological father is Michael Tell, a music promoter and writer who edits and publishes the Jewish newspaper The Las Vegas Israelite.[2][3][4] Tell's marriage to Patty Duke was annulled shortly before her marriage to John Astin. At the time of his birth, it was widely assumed that his biological father was Desi Arnaz, Jr., although this was later proven false.

MoonRabbit Guest
    HI Julia Arnaz!

I have not kept up with the Arnaz family in years. When your grandparents passed it seemed like Desi Jr. and his sister Lucy kind of drifted from
    sight?
    Glad to know you and your father are close.
    You can't blame him for not being close in the beginning, he was just
    a kid at 15. He sounds like a wonderful man!
    I checked out his website and boy he is as handsome as ever!
    I am so happy to know your life in on track!
    Hope you continue to have a great life!

MoonRabbit Guest
    Desi Arnez sr. wrote a great book called simply

A BOOK by Desi Arnez

I read it when it was first published and it is a great book!
    Desi reveals so much about his birth place in Cuba.
    And the true story of how he made it to the U.S.

I couldn't put it down!
    http://www.lucyfan.com/anotherbook.html

I felt I needed to add to this. Julia have you read your grandmother's will? I just did. I found that IF your dad, aunt or any one of the offspring try to fight a declared heir or direct decendant named in the Lucille Ball Morton trust that they are to be disowned. NO monkey business. Now if the whole world knew this, they would know why your aunt and dad aren't fighting this girl and her mother. The wills are visible on the Carlson's main webpage (not the myspace, but their entire website) it's by invite only with a passcode, but she's got over 700 pages of records for people to read. It's interesting and nicely done. Again, way too much for someone who isn't who they say they are. I am conflicted by reading all of it. But, it makes a lot of sense why your family anyone in your family is not fighting her or defaming her for when it's all proven those in violation or deliberately fighting against her can and will be disowned to the entire estate/trust. It's fascinating reading. Do you have the link? Wow. Sam

Sam, do you happen to have a link you could share I would love to visit this site you mentioned..thank you

[quote=howDIDyouBUYit?;404381]Bwahahahahahahahah!!! Shake it baby...Don't break it!!!Shit, now I got that damn song stuck in my head...Thanks alot Kitty...[/quote
    My name is Sally Sweet. I'm the queen of Delancey Street.

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Babaluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I have to have this CD since I'm a hardcore Lucy and Desi fan.

Welcome to the board, Julia and congratulations for putting your cocaine problem behind you.

MoonRabbit Guest

Desi had more ass than a toilet seat.

I told that line to a friend and he thought it meant Desi had a big ass!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    This is going to get me strangled, but the pigheaded idiot in me must say this: I Love Lucy could have been so much better.

Let me explain:

Lucille Ball was a relative latecomer to radio, but her sitcom "My Favorite Husband" was a hit up in the ranks of "Our Miss Brooks" and "The Life of Riley". She played a ditzy society wife alongside Richard Denning as her banker husband. Gale Gordon (her boss at the bank from her later tv series) and Bea Benederet (Petticoat Junction) were co-stars. So tv, comes a courting, and Lucy, (who at this time is trying to save her marriage to her philandering husband, who seems to resent her success, even though he's doing fairly well for him self working for Bob Hope among other ventures), says I'll do it, but only if Ricky can star. Consequently Denning (who later played the hawaiian governer on Hawaii 5-0) gets dropped, and the premise has to be changed to fit Desi's talents. They scuffled so much with the advertisers and producers, that they ended up doing most of it on their own.
    They wanted Gordon and Benederet to star, but since Gordon was doing three regular radio shows (The Phil Harris/Alice Faye Show, Fibber Mcgee and Molly and Our Miss Brooks) as well as guest appearances, and Bea Benederet was literally the female Mel Blanc, they weren't available. That's where Vance and Frawley came in. The show went from a society wife and her ladder climbing husband to Lucy and Ricky. A lot of the humor was changed too, in fact it was really dumbed down.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the show, but I am cursed with the knowledge of what it could have been. However, I think that without I Love Lucy, we wouldn't have had Desi's innovations, and that would have sucked. But the chance to have My favorite husband as it was on radio transferred to tv, that would have been so wonderful.

They did a radio pilot of I love Lucy with the tv cast. I have it. It's a half hour about Lucy and Ricky renting the apartment from the Mertzes.

I just finished a biography on Lucille ball not that long ago. My favorite tid bit is that DeMille wanted her to play Angel the elephant girl in The Greatest show On Earth. She ended up getting pregnant, and Gloria Grahamme got the role. Someone congratulated Lucy on "screwing Paramount, Cecil B. Demille and her husband all at once".

As for Desi and Lucy.... I really have to go with the star crossed lovers thing. I think they were soulmates, but soulmates don't always get to stay together. This bio I read really reads like a love story for the two of them, especially in the end. She cried for days when Desi died. I don't think she was a bitch, or at least I don't think she started out as one... she had a tough and tragic childhood, not horrible, but certainly difficult, and she struggled for years in Hollywood. And Desi, well, he was programmed to cheat. It was practically a family legacy with him.
    Really great info Jane
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

ByrdSar Guest
    I think its weird how this family keeps getting screwed with...and they can't fight it. That's so odd!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post

Let me explain:

Great stuff Jane. I have read a couple books on Lucy and Desi and found them to be very interesting. I would love to read yours. Thanks for posting all that info