Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucille Ball

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    when i was younger, i was a complete lucy collector. most of the things i had were framed pictures and they all were broken in storage. i still have an i love lucy tin, coffee mug, street sign and metal pictures, that's as far as it goes though.
    Yeah, my sister has a lunch box, puzzles, magnets, coffee mugs, about 10 different Lucy Barbie dolls, and some other random stuff .. Christmas tree ornaments .. they are all still at my moms house on display, she hasn't transported her collection to her own house yet .. but I really don't see where she would put all that!! I think she has I Love Lucy on DVD too ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Lucy did this amazing movie with Katherine Hepburn called Stage Door in 1939. It was about young actresses trying to make it. She was SO beautiful. She had quite a career even before I love Lucy.

i've heard of this movie! is this the one with spencer tracey too?
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

bunny Guest
    what was the movie with Henry Fonda...when she has all those kids...man that was funny when she yelled at the kids to get away from the door when he came a calling hahaha killer stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    what was the movie with Henry Fonda...when she has all those kids...man that was funny when she yelled at the kids to get away from the door when he came a calling hahaha killer stuff

yours, mine and ours?

bunny Guest
    oh man that was it! it was so funny...when they get her drunk...that woman could act!

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    oh man that was it! it was so funny...when they get her drunk...that woman could act!
    agreed bunny. i really like that movie too. that scene is amazing. lol.

bunny Guest
    You know you can be in a bad mood sit down and watch I love Lucy and kill yourself laughing...
    Vitavivegtim? Man that was classic!
    I have to say the LOVED the ones when they went on the trip to Europe and Calfornia...

Dylgem22 Guest
    Yes!! I Love Lucy can definitely put a smile on my face anytime I watch it!! I love when they were in Hollywood and there were many cameos on the show .. I loved the Marx Brothers one and when they stole the footprint of John Wayne? I think it was John Wayne .. please correct me if I am wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    Yes!! I Love Lucy can definitely put a smile on my face anytime I watch it!! I love when they were in Hollywood and there were many cameos on the show .. I loved the Marx Brothers one and when they stole the footprint of John Wayne? I think it was John Wayne .. please correct me if I am wrong!!
    yep! it was john wayne. love that episode.

bunny Guest
    Oh me too...also the ones where they go site seeing! Oh man Hollywood in the 50's WOW so classy!
    When ladies always wore dresses and heals men wore hats!

Lucy's birthday festival is next weekend in her hometown, and I'm going! Anyone else going to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaBlair View Post
    Lucy's birthday festival is next weekend in her hometown, and I'm going! Anyone else going to be there?

oh man! i want to go! please take pictures.

Maruz83 Guest
    I love watching the show so much I got it on DVD. My husband had NEVER SEEN IT !!! Now he loves it !!!!!!!!!

Dylgem22 Guest
    Happy Birthday to Lucy!!!!

Raptorman Guest

Happy Birthday Lucy

Aug 6, another birthday without her. She ahd to be the funniest lady on TV when I was growing up.

Guest Guest
    lucille ball was the stuff.... she will be greatly missed! "BUT RICKEY..."

Sam Guest
    Lucy's house taken in 1979.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-10-2008-08.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	510.9 KB 
ID:	7157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-10-2008-07.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	456.6 KB 
ID:	7618  
    Last edited by Sam; 09-02-2008 at 08:41 PM.

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

SusanCarole Guest

Oops, that didn't work right. Sam, you were berry, berry bc in 1979. (get it? Lucy's house with the Ricky accent?) Anyway, I saw your pictures of Falcon's Lair. Did you live in that area in 1979? I wish that I live there now. I am in love with the city of angels.

Is Lucy's house allegedly haunted by "Technicolor Tessie?"

Morto Guest
    My friends father discovered her,he was a big Italian bookie in Jamestown where Lucy was born and raised he threw her name out to guys and the rest is history....lol

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanCarole View Post
    Oops, that didn't work right. Sam, you were berry, berry bc in 1979. (get it? Lucy's house with the Ricky accent?) Anyway, I saw your pictures of Falcon's Lair. Did you live in that area in 1979? I wish that I live there now. I am in love with the city of angels.
    I didn't live there. I visited a friend of mine who lived there twice that year.
    We had a great time visiting the star's homes. I loaded my camera wrong and one entire roll of film (with photo's of Doris Day waving at me) didn't come out.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Is Lucy's house allegedly haunted by "Technicolor Tessie?"
    LOL.
    But I have heard that her old house on Roxbury is haunted....by her!

That Mercedes (second picture) is now in the Lucy-Desi museum in Jamestown.....

I didn't live there. I visited a friend of mine who lived there twice that year.
    We had a great time visiting the star's homes. I loaded my camera wrong and one entire roll of film (with photo's of Doris Day waving at me) didn't come out.
    What year was the picture of Doris, Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    LOL.
    But I have heard that her old house on Roxbury is haunted....by her!
    I meant did Lucy haunt the Roxbury house and assumed that "Technicolor Tessie" was a nickname for her.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaBlair View Post
    What year was the picture of Doris, Sam?
    1979, she was in her driveway and her then husband was taking photos of her and one of her dogs in, and around her Mercedes. The license plates were DAIS1 (Daisy). She saw me taking pictures and after looking to see that I was just a fan she posed and waived for me. That was really sweet of her, I just wish I'd loaded the film in the camera correctly!

Mach2 Guest
    Did anybody see the one hour show on Lucy by her two kids desi and (forgets her name-oops)? It was very negative about Lucy. Being a life long Lucy fan I was shocked and couldn't watch Lucy for ten years after that show.

ByrdSar Guest

Talking I love Lucy

I love Lucy. I remember when I was sick and in the hospital for six weeks, one of the things we would do is watch ILL on VHS. I think it had the episode where Lucy and Ethel are working in the chocolate factory, but I don't remember. The point is that Lucy and the gang cheered me up at a point in my life when I was very very low, and I feel a debt of gratitude for that.

lisalouver Guest
    1979, she was in her driveway and her then husband was taking photos of her and one of her dogs in, and around her Mercedes. The license plates were DAIS1 (Daisy). She saw me taking pictures and after looking to see that I was just a fan she posed and waived for me. That was really sweet of her, I just wish I'd loaded the film in the camera correctly!
    What a cool memory Sam!!

GAdeathhag Guest
    My grandfather always told stories of his great life -many of doing his Dr's residency at the Presbrytarian Hospital In New York-- this was way back in the day-- in the late 30's--this sotry always stuck with me-- though he never had any pictures he always told stories of dating her a few times--- he had a thing for redheads--he said she was a sure spitfire kind of lady--and that she was very funny--- he of course saw later in life how funny she really was.

My grandmother was a redhead too-

OhMyLola Guest
    I've heard she was an incredibly hardworking actress who knew her stuff and possibly was kind of a bitch too, but I've got tons of respect for her.
    Barbara Eden (from I Dream of Jeannie fame) says she was terrified before meeting the woman, but that Lucy was amazing to work with, and the two actually got along well...Lucille was actually going to sign her to a contract with Desilu, but Barbara got snapped up by 20th century first, I think.
    She also says Desi was "a handful" which I think translates from polite person speak to "he chased girls around the dressing room like a greyhound going after rabbits."
    I need to go watch some old I Love Lucy re-runs now...

If Lucy was a bitch, it was because she had to be to get where she did. Look what she had to put up with? I love Desi, but he was a bugger, and Hollywood has always been a man's town. I did hear once that she threw a fit when Desi Jr. took up with Patty Duke.
    LOL. Mama bear.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm sure she was controlling and difficult. Sugar and spice and everything nice doesn't get you ahead in Hollywood. At least not the superrich, superstar status Lucy attained.

Anyway, New Lucy scandal! A woman is claiming that her mother was the secret (post marriage) child of Lucy and Desi but that she was given up for adoption so as not to wreck Lucy's career. The girl claims "Mrs. Morton" came by for visits as her grandmother when she was little. Sounds incredible to me, but who knows. If she and Desi were married for 7 years when they had the baby in 1947, why would a baby wreck her career??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414901,00.html

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    "A brash redhead named Mrs. Morton..." That could describe a whole lot of people. I'll beat Aries to it and give this one a .

Sam Guest

I reversed the photos so that it shows the carport to the left of the house as it should have been.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyLola View Post
    I've heard she was an incredibly hardworking actress who knew her stuff and possibly was kind of a bitch too, ..................................................................................... .......
    She also says Desi was "a handful" which I think translates from polite person speak to "he chased girls around the dressing room like a greyhound going after rabbits."
    I need to go watch some old I Love Lucy re-runs now...

I read several bios by other actresses like Judy Carne for instance who told of Desi hitting on them.

I have read where Lucy did not go to parties and such choosing rather to save every penny up to buy a studio.

The last time I saw Desi on TV was on Letterman. He sang a song about one day seeing Cuba free from Castro called "I'll See You in C-U-B-A".

I think Lucy and Desi were very strong personalities and that led them apart. Theyboth knew how to run a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    I read several bios by other actresses like Judy Carne for instance who told of Desi hitting on them.

I have read where Lucy did not go to parties and such choosing rather to save every penny up to buy a studio.

The last time I saw Desi on TV was on Letterman. He sang a song about one day seeing Cuba free from Castro called "I'll See You in C-U-B-A".

I think Lucy and Desi were very strong personalities and that led them apart. Theyboth knew how to run a show.
    Not to mention the fact he humped everything that moved.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Zombiegirl Guest
    Well I wish the Arnaz's would submit their DNA so it would prove or disprove it. I guess they're afraid it could be true and that the woman would come after their money in some way.

TheMysterian Guest

I love lucy & desi - because they were my secret grandparents, woman claims

bblvnvelphy Guest
    thats crazy...

xenaswolf Guest
    I don't think she looks anything like Ball & Arnaz

This is my dubious face.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    PTHHHHHHH! Get a grip sister...What a famewhore...

s'plain!
    pull the string!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Well..since its in the Post it must be true, lolol.....

She could possibly be Desi's...since the man could not keep it in his pants, and there is not a father on the birth certificate....but as far as Lucy's....doubt it.

But man, I sure did love that couple....

beatlebaby4 Guest
    That's what I was thinking too. She looks like Desi and he was a hound dog but I don't believe for one minute that Lucy would give up a child for her career. She gave birth to Lucie when I Love Lucy just started and then had Desi Jr on the show! So obviously her career was not something that stopped her from having a family.
    She could have been Desi's love child.....who knows...but Lucy's...no way.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. She looks like Desi and he was a hound dog but I don't believe for one minute that Lucy would give up a child for her career. She gave birth to Lucie when I Love Lucy just started and then had Desi Jr on the show! So obviously her career was not something that stopped her from having a family.
    She could have been Desi's love child.....who knows...but Lucy's...no way.

I have to admit, she does look like Desi in that childhood picture. She could be his child, but I agree, not Lucy's.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I was walkin by this thread and I smelled the pudget odor of fish....Do you guys smell it?

FannyB1923 Guest
    She looks just like Desi Jr. when he was little but....the story of Lucy and Desi giving up their own child is far fetched.

It would be easier to accept that Desi had an affair with some lady. I'm not saying it's true, but what if Lucy knew about it and checked up on the little girl now and again?

The Arnaz' fought a lot, probably cheated on each other a lot. But after one major reconcilliation they were remarried in the Catholic church. Shortly after this, Lucy got pregnant with daughter Luci (why the different spelling?) In his bio, Desi wrote that he felt that it was God's blessing on their commitment marrying in the Church.