Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Celebs Whose Children Died

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Francis Ford Coppola lost a son, Giancarlo in a speedboat accident. He was decapitated when Ryan O'Neal's son, Griffin, was drunk driving the speedboat and drove it under a water skier's tow rope. The tow rope hit Giancarlo in the throat and because of the high speed the boat was moving at, severed his neck.
    Last edited by "What Tha....?"; 04-07-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I have a question for you and I think it's about Boz Scaggs but I'm not sure.
    Wasn't he the one who was on the highway and a truckdriver got pissed and shot his son in the mouth?
    I know this happened to a country artist I just can't remember who.
    Is any other HAGS want to jump in feel free.
    I tried Google and this is the closest I found, in a story about Ralph Stanley:

Stanley has had more than his share of both. In the early ’70s, several years after Carter’s death, Ralph Stanley found Roy Lee Centers, a singer he considered close to being his brother’s equal. One night after a festival near Jackson, Centers went to a party and got a ride home from a drunk he’d been in an argument with. The man reportedly drove Centers up a back road, told him, “I’m going to silence that beautiful voice forever,” and shot him in the mouth, killing the 29-year-old singer in front of Centers’s 10-year-old son.

Link to the story:

http://robertremington.wordpress.com/ralphstanley/

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Red Skelton lost his son to leukemia. After his child's death he couldn't bring himself to do his "Junior, the mean widdle kid" sketch that was so popular on Radio. He also kept his son's room as a shrine. Years later, his wife (or ex, by this time they'd divorced) later killed herself on the anniversary of their son's death. He quit performing for years after it affected him so bad.

Yes, he mentioned at the end of one of his shows. Really choked me up

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I don't think he's the one, Jersey.

He has one son, Austin Scaggs who is a musical journalist.
    Another son, Oscar, died of a heroin overdose in 1998 at the age of 21.
    It was the wrong Scaggs, it was Ricky Scaggs

Skaggs’ busy career suffered a setback when his son Andrew was shot in the mouth by a drug-crazed truck-driver, but returned in 1989 with two fine albums in the traditional mould: White Limozeen, which he produced for Dolly Parton, and his own Kentucky Thunder. 1991’s My Father’s Son was his most consistent album in years, but its poor sales led Columbia Records to drop him from their roster in 1992. He resurfaced on Atlantic Records, releasing two solid albums before expanding his horizons by forming his own Skaggs Family label at the end of the decade. His run of traditional recordings with his Kentucky Thunder band hit a peak in 2006 with the superb Instrumentals, which gave the artist his fourth Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album (Bluegrass Rules!, Ancient Tones and Brand New Strings had previously earned the accolade). The following year Skaggs collaborated with Bruce Hornsby on a highly enjoyable duo album, and also recorded an album with the Whites. He reunited with Kentucky Thunder in 2008 to record a collection of bluegrass classics from the late 40s.

Theres no info if the kid died or not nobody seems to know so I'm assuming he's still alive.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 04-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Mick Jagger and Maryann Faithfull had a stillborn daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    King George V and his wife, Queen Mary lost their youngest son, Prince John, to epilepsy when he was 13.
    Queen Mary also lost her second youngest son Prince George in an air crash in 1942. He was 39.

Anne Rice lost her daughter, Michele, to Leukemia before she was 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FannyB1923 Guest
    Burt Lancaster's son with 2nd wife Norma, Bill, died of cardiac arrest in 1997 at the age of 49
    he was married to Kippie Kovacs, daughter of Ernie. Kippie died in 2001 at age 52- described as "after years of poor health"

Ernie's daughter with Edie Adams, Mia died in 1982 in a traffic accident

Anna Nicole Smith's son died from ..... god only knows I think it was a mix of drugs. I saw the picture of Daniel dead with Anna Nicole laying next to him on the hospital bed. Heartbreaking

Marlon Brando's son Christian died from pnumonia in 2007/8
    Katherine & Joesph had twins and one of them was a stillborn- I can't remember whose twin it was.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 04-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.

walts_loving_wife Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Wynona Judd ate it.
    Really...

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Vince Neil lost his little girl to cancer or another disease. So sad. I choked up watching him talk about her.

George Benson has had 3 sons die.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassetlover09 View Post
    Vince Neil lost his little girl to cancer or another disease. So sad. I choked up watching him talk about her.
    I remember seeing that on the Motley Crue behind the music on VH1, it was heartbreaking. He was talking about telling her that she was beautiful after all of her hair fell out.......terrible.

Romy Schneider lost a son when he was impaled through a fence as a child. She never recovered from his death and probably died of a broken heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Katherine & Joesph had twins and one of them was a stillborn- I can't remember whose twin it was.
    It was Marlon's.

How strange it must be to know that you were born with a dead twin. Seems like that would automatically qualify you as a death hag.

Snarky247 Guest
    Michael Rockefeller (son of NY Governor & later Vice President Nelson) is presumed to have been killed on an anthropological excursion in New Guinea.
    Last edited by Snarky247; 11-05-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Because I was wrong about Kovacs!

Snarky247 Guest
    Robert Redford lost a child to SIDS

http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/21/r...on-sids-aarp/6

Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    Don't forget the Lindbergh baby!
    In that the father Charles had his baby killed because he was not "normal"

A few years later went on to say great thing about Hitler before
    WW2.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg lost their son 2 months after he was born.
    Errol Flynn and Lilli Damita's son Sean, a photo journalist went missing in 1970 in Cambodia and was declared legally dead in 1984. Lili spent a fortune trying to find her only child and she died in 1994.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

John Legend and Chrissy Teigan lost their son Jack, partway through her pregnancy due to complications with her placenta.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    George Benson has had 3 sons die.
    This is such a sad thing to even try to understand.

Marie Osmond, son Michael took his own life by jumping from the eighth floor of his apartment building.

Sylvester Stallone, a son, Sage who died of heart disease at age 36.

Mike Tyson, a daughter Exodus was found by her seven-year-old brother Miguel unconscious and tangled
    in a cord, dangling from an exercise treadmill. She died the next day in the hospital of her injuries.

Nick Cannon, a son, Zen died of brain cancer at five months old.

Regina Kings son, Ian Alexander Jr., died after committing suicide.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 05-09-2022 at 03:01 AM. Reason: addendum

My mom worked with Michael, at the hotel my mom was housekeeper at, I remember her coming home one day and saying Michael passed away, at the time it wasn't out what happened, she remembers him being a sweet kid, I think he was 18 at the time, he had worked with her the summer before his death. Don't know if it's been mentioned but Danielle Steele the author, son died due to an accidental overdose he was nineteen

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Marie Osmond, son Michael took his own life by jumping from the eighth floor of his apartment building.

Sylvester Stallone, a son, Sage who died of heart disease at age 36.

Mike Tyson, a daughter Exodus was found by her seven-year-old brother Miguel unconscious and tangled
    in a cord, dangling from an exercise treadmill. She died the next day in the hospital of her injuries.

Nick Cannon, a son, Zen died of brain cancer at five months old.

Regina Kings son, Ian Alexander Jr., died after committing suicide.
    About the suicide of Marie Osmond's son is maybe because
    he was gay and the Mormon faith looked down on it.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    About the suicide of Marie Osmond's son is maybe because
    he was gay and the Mormon faith looked down on it.
    You are correct.

Ralph Waite - John Walton , lost his only daughter when was young about 9 I think .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Ralph Waite - John Walton , lost his only daughter when was young about 9 I think .
    As a big fan of the show growing up in the 1970s
    I find this very sad.

Losing a child. Life's most punishing sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese1 View Post
    Losing a child. Life's most punishing sorrow.
    I so agree with this.

Lisa Marie Presley