Thread: Andy Taylor from Duran Duran has stage 4 prostate cancer

Andy Taylor from Duran Duran has stage 4 prostate cancer

Sad news.(hope all the best for him)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Praying for Andy!! An uncle of mine was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 15-20 years ago and had to have his prostate removed but God healed him and he's still here at nearly 90-years-old!!!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Praying for Andy!! An uncle of mine was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 15-20 years ago and had to have his prostate removed but God healed him and he's still here at nearly 90-years-old!!!
    My grandad died from it over a decade ago. When he was told his literal words were 'I don't want a fuss'. It turned out he had known about it for years and been putting money away for my nana to bury him. We were told at the end of July and he died at the beginning of October. Even during the last few days he seemed so blase about it. He even refused pain medication saying it wouldn't do any good. What got the family is, if it was anyone else, he would be the one taking us to the doctor to get checked but when it came to him....I always say if there is a thing as Heaven, when I get up there, first thing I am gonna do is kick him in the ass for not going to a doctor sooner and giving us a few more years with him.

My aunt was a huge fan of the band so I grew up listening to them. As you say, it isn't always a death sentence and hopefully that is the case with Andy. My thoughts are with him, his family and the rest of the band.