Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebs Whose Children Died

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Geirge H.W. Bush & Barbara's daughter Robin. SEE, I do pay attention to G.O.P. lives! Robin lived from '49-'53.
    Back then, there wasn't a thing that could be done for leukemia. I remember from reading Barbara Bush's biography that at the end of the ordeal (for the parents as well as their little daughter) her hair turned completely white...she was 28.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    He shot himself because he was addicted to Drugs. He was on that TV show with Carrol in the heat of the night. My mother faithfully watched that show.
    opps! I dunno why i thought he had an overdose.My mom watched that show faithfully as well! She got me started watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Geirge H.W. Bush & Barbara's daughter Robin. SEE, I do pay attention to G.O.P. lives! Robin lived from '49-'53.
    JOAN RIVERS once said that "ROBIN was her favorite BUSH."
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

motherogod Guest
    Vince Neill's daughter Skyler (sp?) died of a form of cancer. He has a tattoo of her name somewhere on him, apparently.

I remember some years ago when they were getting radio time, Smashmouth's singer lost a young child but cannot recall the reason.

Oh, yeah. Roman Polanski.

Terrible. I can't (and don't even want to) imagine.

Steve Harwell (Smashmouth) had an infant son who died of leukemia.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

lane4 Guest
    Now that I see the names my memory is jogged but there are quite a few I didn't know about.

Oprah had a son at 14 who died shortly after birth.

Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    Now that I see the names my memory is jogged but there are quite a few I didn't know about.

Oprah had a son at 14 who died shortly after birth.
    Wynona Judd ate it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

One of CLORIS LEACHMAN' 5 kids, a son named BRYAN od'd years ago.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

james1977 Guest
    Dr.J.-Julius Erving.One of the great basketball players ever.Had a son who died in a car crash he was found in the water in his car,dead.Dr.J. always a favorite of mine in sports.I remember the story well.

carebearsluv Guest
    Wasn't there an actress who's daughter jumped off a bridge? Hmm lemme go research...

RubySlippers Guest
    Hunter Tylo's son died not long ago...freak accident. He was 19.

Paige B Guest
    Author Danielle Steele's son, Nick Traina, committed suicide 1997 as a result of bipolar disorder and drug abuse.

http://www.nicktrainafoundation.com/

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige B View Post
    Author Danielle Steele's son, Nick Traina, committed suicide 1997 as a result of bipolar disorder and drug abuse.

She wrote a book about him.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    Friday, March 28, 1997
    Former Prince wants lawsuit kept private

CHASKA, Minn. (AP) -- The artist formerly known as Prince wants to keep a lawsuit about his private life away from the public.
    The Purple Rain star asked a judge to keep proceedings closed in his lawsuit against two former employees who went public with their story about the death of his newborn son.
    The rock star has sued Erlene and Arlene Mojica for going to a London tabloid last October, claiming they violated a confidentiality agreement.
    His lawyers asked Carver County District Judge Jean Davies on Thursday to make sure nothing more comes out publicly. Davies gave lawyers for both sides until Monday to file papers on the request.
    The Mojica sisters have claimed that Prince decided prematurely to shut off life support for his baby, who was born with a deformed skull that often causes retardation or early death.
    The artist and his wife have not publicly acknowledged the baby's death, and the child's birth and death records do not clearly document his parentage.
    More on the condtion...
    http://www.craniofacial.net/pfeiffer_syndrome.htm
    once you see the pictures then you'll probably recognize the condition.

Prince is weird ANYWAYS. I think he has the right to keep things as private as he wants. I imagine he did the things he did to protect himself, his wife and his baby. Unfortunately, being as famous as he was made him take extreme measures. Who know if what he did was out of selfishness or mercy - only he knows and lives with that everyday. As a mother with a child lost at 20 weeks, I know there are so many things that are asked of you in time of grief and fear - I sometimes wish for another go at it...*tear*

Paige B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    She wrote a book about him.
    Yes! I actually read it. It was a very interesting book that discussed his illness and drug abuse at great length.

What part of Colorado are you from?

RubySlippers Guest
    Yes! I actually read it. It was a very interesting book that discussed his illness and drug abuse at great length.

What part of Colorado are you from?
    Denver-ish.

leeny994 Guest
    Ethel Merman had a son who died I believe--- of a drug overdose ruled as an accident.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    I always cry when i hear Tears in Heaven. Eric Claptons song about his son.

crazedfemale Guest
    Didn't actress Ann Miller lose a child?

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Didn't actress Ann Miller lose a child?

According to her page here http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/m.../annmiller.htm, she fell down a flight of stairs while 9 months pregnant and the baby died 3 hours after birth.

leemieczct Guest
    Mary Wilson formerly of the Supremes. Her son died while she and he were driving away from a San Francisco earthquake.

radiojane Guest
    Helen Hayes' daughter Mary died. either polio or menengitis. It's been awhile since I read her bio.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Vince Neill's daughter Skyler (sp?) died of a form of cancer. He has a tattoo of her name somewhere on him, apparently.
    Damn someone beat me to it
    His daughter's name is tattooed on a heart in the center of his chest that looks like a necklace with chains around his neck.

How about a child sibling? Model Niki Taylor's 17 year old sister Krissy..... died of an acute asthma attack complicated by sudden cardiac arrythmia. She had no history of heart problems.

Jimmy Stewart's adopted son Ronald was killed in Vietnam.

Zombiegirl Guest
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Doris Day had a child who died. Does anyone know any information about this?

Doris Day's son, Terry Melcher, was a music producer who worked with the Beach Boys in the 1960s. He also met an aspiring musician named Charles Manson. When Melcher didn't provide Manson with a recording contract, the Manson family was sent to Melchers former home on Cielo Drive and told to kill everyone in the house.
    Melcher died in 2004 of cancer.

Veronica Lake lost a child.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 02-26-2009 at 07:57 PM.

John Connor Guest
    Eddie Rabbit
    Barbara Eden
    Bill Cosby

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tingles View Post
    I always cry when i hear Tears in Heaven. Eric Claptons song about his son.
    Yes, that was a strange death. He accidently fell out of skyscraper window. Coincidentally, I'm sure Robert Plant (Led Zep) had a young child die in unusual circumstances, too. Drowned in a garden pool I seem to recall.

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Yes, that was a strange death. He accidently fell out of skyscraper window. Coincidentally, I'm sure Robert Plant (Led Zep) had a young child die in unusual circumstances, too. Drowned in a garden pool I seem to recall.
    Yes, his son Karac -- the blonde curly headed boy seen playing with his sister in "The Song Remains the Same" -- died at age five, but some sort of intestinal ailment was the cause of death. Because the film's release was delayed so long, it's likely the poor kid never got to see himself on the big screen.

crescentia Guest

Herad some juicy gossip about him from people in the SF Goth scene. He was supposedly pretty much a spoiled asshole who got away with raping some chick. Not a nice guy.

Handrejka Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    Wasn't there an actress who's daughter jumped off a bridge? Hmm lemme go research...
    Shirley Bassey's daughter jumped of Clifton Suspension Bridge. I was there last October and they have lots of notices with the number of the Samaritans on there. Must be a popular suicide spot.

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    The Skylar Neil Foundation
    http://www.skylarneil.org/

His tat for Skylar is a heart with a banner in the center of his chest. I couldn't find a pic.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    one of Gloria Vanderbuilt's Sons Jumped from her 14th floor Apartment in NYC killing himself. Gloria blamed the Asthma Drug Proventil she said it was an allergic reaction. Don't know if there was ever any litigation over it or not. It was the Full brother to CNN's Anderson Cooper.

Barbara Hutton's Only Son Lance died in a plane crash. He was once married to Jill St. John.

that's all off the top of my head.
    Off topic tidbit...did you know Anderson Cooper is also Gloria V's son?

Cassie Jo Guest
    don't know if anyone put Charlie Chaplin's youngest son Charles Chaplin Jr. (1925-1968) died of an a pulmonary thrombosis (clot in lung). Also just read where Sydney Earle Chaplin(1926-2009) died like, two or three days ago....

Maureen Reagan ( daughter of Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman) died of skin cancer in 2001.

Last edited by cash; 03-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    What this thread reminds me of, in addition to fame & fortune, tragedy can befall any family. It gives me hope......particularly in the instances of celebs who've endured the death of a child, who go on to be creative & contributing artists.

carebearsluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Handrejka View Post
    Shirley Bassey's daughter jumped of Clifton Suspension Bridge. I was there last October and they have lots of notices with the number of the Samaritans on there. Must be a popular suicide spot.
    Thanks so much!! I'd been stressing myself out trying to remember the lady's name!!

crazedfemale Guest
    Singer Phoebe Snow lost her daughter Valerie Rose about two years ago.

Celebs who have lost children

Alot of FAD members have reached out to me when they learn that my wife and I lost our daughter to cancer in 2009.
    Here's a article about some and I'll try and add more.

Celebrities Who Have Lost Children

by Libby Pelham | More from this Blogger
    27 May 2009 07:56 AM
    As I read the headlines about Mike Tyson's daughter, Exodus, dying after being strangled by the cord on a treadmill, it made me realize that celebrities don't always have the charmed lives we believe they do. Many have suffered what many consider the worst thing that can happen - the loss of a child.

One of the most recent celebrity child tragedy was that of John and Kelly Travolta's son Jett, who died of a seizure in January 2009, but there have been plenty more. Some were results of accidents, some of overdoses, and some of diseases, but all were still tragic.
    I guess the first time I remember hearing about a celebrity losing a child was when television personality Art Linkletter's daughter Diane died after jumping out of a window in 1969. It was unclear whether drugs were to blame for her jumping or not. Linkletter also lost his son Robert in an automobile accident.
    Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil is a hardcore rock n' roller, but he showed a tender side when his daughter Skylar was diagnosed with cancer. She died at the age of four, but if any good can come from something so tragic, it did when Neil set up the Skylar Neil Memorial Foundation, which raises millions each year for children with cancer.
    No matter what the age, if the parent is still alive, they can suffer the death of a child. Mia Farrow learned this recently when her adopted daughter Lark Previn died at the age of 35. Mia also lost her daughter Tam in 2000 when she died of heart failure at the age of 19. Carroll O'Connor's son Hugh committed suicide in 1995 at the age of 32.
    Rapper Dr. Dre's son Andre died last year at the age of 20 due to a heroin and morphine overdose. Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel also died of a drug overdose in 2006, just days after his mother had given birth to his baby sister. Anna died only five months later of an overdose as well.
    Actress Hunter Tylo's 19 year old son Michael suffered a seizure, fell into the family pool, and drown in 2007. O.J. Simpson lost his toddler daughter Aaren after she fell into the family pool and drown in 1979.
    Few people can forget a couple of high profile celebrity children deaths. Bill Cosby's son Ennis was murdered in 1997 after he stopped to help Mikail Markhasev on a freeway. Eric Clapton's four year old son Connor fell from a Manhattan high rise in 1991. His death inspired Clapton to write the hit song "Tears in Heaven."
    Others:
    Susan St James
    Marie Osmond
    Bill Cosby
    Caroll O'Connor
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 03-25-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

radiojane Guest
    Katey Sagal's baby was stillborn sometime during the run of married with Children, and Dean Martin lost his son in a plane crash.

Danny Aiello- Pancreatic Cancer
    I forgot all about Dean Martin and I didn't know about Katey Sagal wow, how sad.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Carol Burnett's daughter Carrie died of cancer. Although not a young child still Carol outlived one of her children
    Walter Koening's son committed suicide recently - again not a child in years but a tragedy none the less
    These are just two I immediately thought of

TheMysterian Guest
    Bill Cosby's son was murdered, Ennis Cosby
    On the evening of January 16, 1997, Cosby was on his way to visit his friend Stephanie Crane when his Mercedes Benz got a flat tire along Interstate 405, Los Angeles. He pulled his vehicle near the off-ramp on Skirball Center Drive and phoned Crane, explaining what had happened. Crane drove out to meet Cosby, and focused the lights of her vehicle on the Mercedes' flat tire to illuminate it.
    As Cosby was changing the tire, Mikhail Markhasev, a Ukrainian immigrant who worked at a nearby restaurant, approached the driver side window of Crane's vehicle and pulled a gun on her. Crane sped 20â??50 feet down the street then turned the vehicle around to retrieve Cosby; by the time Crane got back to Cosby's vehicle, he had been shot in the head, and Crane could see Markhasev running down the street. Crane was unable to describe the killer, except that he resembled a character in the film Dead Man Walking.
    In the aftermath of Cosby's death, America's Most Wanted and The National Enquirer offered a reward for information leading to the killer's arrest. One of Markhasev's coworkers phoned the Enquirer, giving them Markhasev's name and telling them that Markhasev had bragged on the night of the killing that before work he'd shot a black man and that it was on the news.
    According to prosecutors, Markhasev demanded money from Cosby, then shot him in the head because he was moving too slowly. Markhasev was convicted after a jury trial. His DNA was found in a cap wrapped around the murder weapon, and a man to whom Markhasev had sent incriminating letters and told of the location of the murder weapon had testified against him.
    After Bill Cosby spoke out against giving Markhasev the death penalty,[1] Markhasev was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, plus 10 years.[2]
    Markhasev confessed his guilt in 2001 in a letter to the court stating he wished to discontinue his appeals, also stating in the letter that he, "Wanted to do the right thing...More than anything, [he] wanted to apologize to the victim's family." Markhasev is serving his sentence in Corcoran State Prison.[3]

radiojane Guest
    In that vein didn't Kirk Douglas lose a son too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Alot of FAD members have reached out to me when they learn that my wife and I lost our daughter to cancer in 2009.

I just want to say something about that before we lost her I was on a chat room for parents who's kids had cancer also, I would post and get no response whatsoever, nobody even went on it.
    When we did lose her I posted it on that website, once again, no response.
    A while after that the administrator of that board asked for my impressions of the board. I ripped her a new asshole for something so useless.
    I posted on Fad around the time she died and it was like a dam bursting, people reached out to me with PM's messages on my page it was amazing.
    I still get messages to this day from people who read my signature and read the posts where I do mention her. This board keeps my head on straight. JohnTrim taught me how to put together a album of her.
    I was kicked off a while back and then welcomed back and theres still the love and support here even after my absence. I've had contact with alot of new people and I tell you I thank God to each and every hag on the board for their support and love who help me make it thru the day.
    jerseysuck honored and proud to be a renowned death hag.

I just want to say something about that before we lost her I was on a chat room for parents who's kids had cancer also, I would post and get no response whatsoever, nobody even went on it.
    A while after that the administrator of that board asked for my impressions of the board. I ripped her a new asshole for something so useless.
    I posted on Fad around the time she died and it was like a dam bursting, people reached out to me with PM's messages on my page it was amazing.
    I still get messages to this day from people who read my signature and read the posts where I do mention her. This board keeps my head on straight. JohnTrim taught me how to put together a album of her.
    I was kicked off a while back and then welcomed back and theres still the love and support here even after my absence. I've had contact with alot of new people and I tell you I thank God to each and every hag on the board for their support and love who help me make it thru the day.
    Love ya sweetie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Alot of FAD members have reached out to me Eric Clapton's four year old son Connor fell from a Manhattan high rise in 1991. His death inspired Clapton to write the hit song "Tears in Heaven."

I lived in NYC when that happened and the condo was only about 10 blocks from my apartment at the time. I remember checking it out one day and it was so freaking high. I wondered what was going through the poor little guy's head while he was falling. A terrible, terrible tragedy.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Do you think it was because everyone was there for the same reason and all wrapped up in their own pain? Not an excuse but may explain it.
    We lost my Nephew Mike about 20 years ago. He was a grown man about 16 months younger than me. My sister to this day says a parent outliving their kids is the most horrible thing she can think of and she wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    OJ Simpson lost a child (drowned in the pool) and Errol Flynn lost a son who disappeared in Southeast Asia during the war ( he was a photgrapher I think, noncombatant).
    Of course the Lindberg's child kidnapped and injured causing death during the kidnapping.
    regards,
    mary

radiojane Guest
    Who's child drowned in Durante's fountain? or was it W.C. Fields? My memory is shoddy as all hell.

radiojane Guest
    Red Skelton lost his son to leukemia. After his child's death he couldn't bring himself to do his "Junior, the mean widdle kid" sketch that was so popular on Radio. He also kept his son's room as a shrine. Years later, his wife (or ex, by this time they'd divorced) later killed herself on the anniversary of their son's death. He quit performing for years after it affected him so bad.