View Poll Results: Should Michelle's ass be bigger?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I want to be able to see it from my house.

3 27.27%
  • No - That is all.

8 72.73%
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    In an earlier post I asked for alternatives and I haven't seen anything posted. I think no matter what is selected some group would have issues with it but this is really stretching it.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I don't recall the BUSH's literacy project being controversial unless I missed something.

Music programs in schools are underfunded.
    This might be a good one.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I don't recall the BUSH's literacy project being controversial unless I missed something.

Music programs in schools are underfunded.
    This might be a good one.
    Laura Bush did not face the same criticism because frankly the left and Democrats don;t tend to look for reasons to savage well meaning people for no good reason.
    Nothing the First Lady does will escape the mean spiritedness of the extreme right.
    Rush and Beck would savage her for Music programs when kids can't do basics math etc. Plus Beck would be looking for Antichrist messages in the music. It could get ugly.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The government not doing anything about obesity hasn't worked obviously. Ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away. Obesity cost our government 147 billion a year. 9% of our medical spending. Something must be done.
    The people who have any control over their obesity is the obese itself (outside of obesity due to medical reasons). The mommy/daddy government can try to legislate all they want but as long as there is any freedom in this country, people who don't care enough about their health or appearance to eat properly won't.

All these sorts of governmental movements do is create bigger government as they add committees and departments to try and regulate and control the agenda.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Can you imagine the backlash if someone remarked that Barbara Bush had a big ass? lol

Well actually that is all I used to see-If people weren't making fun of the male Bush-it was his wife-or his mother.

Turnabout is fair play.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    I remember they would make jokes about Barbara Bush being on the 1-Dollar Bill (ie she looks like George Washington) and that she looked like George H. W. Bush's mother, not his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    I remember they would make jokes about Barbara Bush being on the 1-Dollar Bill (ie she looks like George Washington) and that she looked like George H. W. Bush's mother, not his wife.
    People always made fun of her looks. I made fun of her looks.

pvezz Guest

Oh, no doubt; I've heard the George Washington thing before. I guess I see a difference between a comedian poking fun on SNL and Rush making the statement he did. I personally was OK with Barbara until the idiotic statement she made about the Katrina refugees at the Astrodome.

I don't remember hearing any jokes about Laura.

Here's Barack Obama's thoughts on the issue:

From his book The Audacity of Hope pg. 36:

"We all agree that society has a right to constrain individual freedom when it threatens to do harm to others. ... Likewise, we all agree that there must be limits to the state’s power to control our behavior, even if it’s for our own good. Not many Americans would feel comfortable with the government monitoring what we eat, no matter how many deaths and how much of our medical spending may be due to rising rates of obesity"

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Oh, no doubt; I've heard the George Washington thing before. I guess I see a difference between a comedian poking fun on SNL and Rush making the statement he did. I personally was OK with Barbara until the idiotic statement she made about the Katrina refugees at the Astrodome.

I don't remember hearing any jokes about Laura.
    Rush shouldn't say anything - he lost all credibility with me when he became an oxycontin addict. He doesn't walk the walk...

The only criticism I can recall about Laura was the car crash she had that killed her boyfriend. And there was something about her push for libraries that was snide but I can't recall right now...

The only reason I point out Michelle's big butt is she has made physical fitness her thing - I don't consider her fit. I seriously think she needs to run more to speed up her metabolism to get her trunk thinned out. If she hadn't made physical fitness her thing, it wouldn't put the spotlight on her fitness or lack thereof. Like when Arnold was the spokesman for the Presidents Physical Fitness Campaign, it was a good choice because he's fit. Also, if only we saw Michelle eating healthy instead of chowing down like everyone else - I don't think I have ever read that Michelle ate a salad, lol. Like Rush, I just don't think Michelle "walks the walk" either.

pvezz Guest
    Rush shouldn't say anything - he lost all credibility with me when he became an oxycontin addict. He doesn't walk the walk...

The only criticism I can recall about Laura was the car crash she had that killed her boyfriend. And there was something about her push for libraries that was snide but I can't recall right now...

The only reason I point out Michelle's big butt is she has made physical fitness her thing - I don't consider her fit. I seriously think she needs to run more to speed up her metabolism to get her trunk thinned out. If she hadn't made physical fitness her thing, it wouldn't put the spotlight on her fitness or lack thereof. Like when Arnold was the spokesman for the Presidents Physical Fitness Campaign, it was a good choice because he's fit. Also, if only we saw Michelle eating healthy instead of chowing down like everyone else - I don't think I have ever read that Michelle ate a salad, lol. Like Rush, I just don't think Michelle "walks the walk" either.
    I actually think Mrs. Obama looks quite fit - I would kill to have her arms - smokin'! I'd hate to see what you'd say about me - lol -

I have no idea what her daily workout regimen is but I see your point - if she does sit around chain-smoking and sucking down double cheeseburgers while her gym equipment gathers dust -

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Here's Barack Obama's thoughts on the issue:

From his book The Audacity of Hope pg. 36:

"We all agree that society has a right to constrain individual freedom when it threatens to do harm to others. ... Likewise, we all agree that there must be limits to the stateā??s power to control our behavior, even if itā??s for our own good. Not many Americans would feel comfortable with the government monitoring what we eat, no matter how many deaths and how much of our medical spending may be due to rising rates of obesity"
    Does her program advocate the government monitoring what we eat? I don't know much about it; here's a snippet from the main page. I take his comment to mean a '1984' kinda thing.

Letā??s Move!

Letā??s Move! is a comprehensive initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams. Combining comprehensive strategies with common sense, Let's Move! is about putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years. Giving parents helpful information and fostering environments that support healthy choices. Providing healthier foods in our schools. Ensuring that every family has access to healthy, affordable food. And, helping kids become more physically active.
    Everyone has a role to play in reducing childhood obesity, including parents, elected officials from all levels of government, schools, health care professionals, faith-based and community-based organizations, and private sector companies. Your involvement is key to ensuring a healthy future for our children.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Exactly. This is being pumped up to make her/them look controlling and evil

It's ridiculous.

How anyone can take better nutrition and make it look like a friggin' goverment takeover is beyond me.

Does her program advocate the government monitoring what we eat? I don't know much about it; here's a snippet from the main page. I take his comment to mean a '1984' kinda thing.
    No, not at the moment. This thread is has gone in many directions about what can, could or should be done about obesity so I thought it was interesting that Obama addressed this at some level in his book.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    I actually think Mrs. Obama looks quite fit - I would kill to have her arms - smokin'! I'd hate to see what you'd say about me - lol -

I have no idea what her daily workout regimen is but I see your point - if she does sit around chain-smoking and sucking down double cheeseburgers while her gym equipment gathers dust -
    LOL, I saw your picture and thought you looked hot! I thought you'd be more appropriate as a spokeperson for getting physically fit than Michelle

pvezz Guest
    No, not at the moment. This thread is has gone in many directions about what can, could or should be done about obesity so I thought it was interesting that Obama addressed this at some level in his book.

Gotcha

Fujicakes Guest
    Have you SEEN the big ol' butt thread? Michelle's is nothing compared to some of those ladies.

All joking aside though, no two butts are the same. To me, that's kind of like saying she's not pretty because her breasts aren't big enough, or because her legs are too long. It's a matter of opinion. In the end, all women are built differently, and, as I've said before, nothing wrong with a big booty, and I'm sure many would agree. I personally find her to be in great shape and healthy-looking.

You also mention that you don't think you've ever read about her eating a salad. Of course you didn't. Salads are boring. Also, we don't know what she eats on a day to day basis. The press is only going to report on the occasional cheeseburger she eats because it sells. They like drama, and apparently so does the public.

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Yes and being fat, lazy and living on McDonald's doesn't kill Tucker LMAO. But that's really a stereotype, I'm American and aside from this week, I hardly ever eat at McDonald's :P

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    Have you SEEN the big ol' butt thread? Michelle's is nothing compared to some of those ladies.

All joking aside though, no two butts are the same. To me, that's kind of like saying she's not pretty because her breasts aren't big enough, or because her legs are too long. It's a matter of opinion. In the end, all women are built differently, and, as I've said before, nothing wrong with a big booty, and I'm sure many would agree. I personally find her to be in great shape and healthy-looking.

You also mention that you don't think you've ever read about her eating a salad. Of course you didn't. Salads are boring. Also, we don't know what she eats on a day to day basis. The press is only going to report on the occasional cheeseburger she eats because it sells. They like drama, and apparently so does the public.
    Yeah I hear you - But I also believe that the media is so enamored of the obamas that if Michelle was eating healthy (like she wants everyone else to) that they would be reporting it.
    I'll bet that within the next month or two that we will be reading about Michelle having a salad at some function, lol. She's going to try to deflect all the Super Bowl Wings/Ribs meals we've been reading about.

Also I understand women are built differently and it's all a matter of taste. But I still think 99% of all people can transform their bodies if they have the drive/time.
    Have you seen Jennifer Hudson recently? She looks great! Totally different person...

I went to Rush's website to gather his commentary about the obesity progams.
    Rush mainly said what other people on this board are saying.
    Why are the Obama's exempting themselves from their own rules while telling everybody else what to do?
    Are they really leading by example.

: The previous caller said, and I ought to know this, that it doesn't matter what we eat but how much. Well, okay, fine.
    But Moochelle Obama is trying to tell us what we can and can't eat, not how much. And the point is, if you're gonna do this, if you're gonna tell everybody to eat twigs and berries and gravel and all this other stuff, you had better look like an Ethiopian. You'd better look like that's what you eat. Otherwise it's gonna fall on deaf ears.
    It's just that simple. Not even her husband believes, ladies and gentlemen, that the government ought to be in this business.

You know, these guys amaze me. Look at how they have attempted to destroy Sarah Palin. I mean you can say whatever you want about Sarah Palin. You can insult her family. You can insult her brain. You can insult her looks. You can insult her intelligence, but let me simply observe that Alex Rodriguez would not date the first lady... (laughing) All I said, Jeffrey, is what everybody's thinking.

It's that simple. Okay, if somebody's gonna tell us what we can and can't eat, got a big obesity program out there, we're gonna save people, we're gonna demand that schools not serve X, Y, and Z and that schools must serve this everybody, you must eat this, you must eat that, we're gonna have calorie counts on all kinds of food. All right, fine, show us some leadership. It's that simple.

But if you're gonna make the rules for everybody else and exempt yourself, I think people are going to scratch their heads over that. Now, the original report was that the short ribs and so forth that Michelle (My Belle) ate out there in Vail were 1,500 calories and 141 grams of fat. Then the owner of the restaurant came along and said, "No, no, no, no, these are perfectly healthy. These are low carb, low fat, low calorie ribs." Low carb and low fat, is what the chef at the Vail restaurant is claiming. Everybody knows there are low-fat, low-calorie ribs. We all know that. Don't we?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

radiojane Guest
    Nothing the First Lady does will escape the mean spiritedness of the extreme right.
    Exactly. However, to anyone with a brain, the attackers look like idiots when they claim that a campaign against obesity and unhealthy living is bad.

The people who have any control over their obesity is the obese itself (outside of obesity due to medical reasons). The mommy/daddy government can try to legislate all they want but as long as there is any freedom in this country, people who don't care enough about their health or appearance to eat properly won't.

All these sorts of governmental movements do is create bigger government as they add committees and departments to try and regulate and control the agenda.

Michelle Obama will never have big brother standing on your doorstep counting your calories or cracking a whip and making your children run around the yard. She is however, a public figure that many look up to, and her message is a good one. If it gets to a few people, as far as I'm concerned, it's successful.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Michelle obama's New Clothes

The extreme left reminds me of the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" - they blindly go along like lemmings and when a Republican mentions that the Queen has no clothes (or ugly clothes) and a big butt, it is THE MOST SHOCKING thing they have ever heard! How could he say that?!!
    GASP!

Bassetlover09 Guest
    The extreme left reminds me of the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" - they blindly go along like lemmings and when a Republican mentions that the Queen has no clothes (or ugly clothes) and a big butt, it is THE MOST SHOCKING thing they have ever heard! How could he say that?!!
    GASP!

LOL Pat~this is true!

STsFirstmate Guest

I think your answer is a little simplistic and as someone from the south now living in the north and traveling all over I see patterns.
    Kids and adults are generally heaftier in the south. In NY kids and adults seem fitter except for low income areas.
    If I travel to the midwest kids ad adults are moderately heavier.
    Fast food chains market to young people. McDonalds is the world's largest toy distributor and playground operator. What does that have to do with food other than enticing kids.
    It isn't easy to plan and provide healthy menus at home if you are low income and have no idea what constitutes a healthy menu. Using actual lard in refrieds is not great for example. I think education and offering alternatives is important. I think the fact that people have an issue with the First Lady's choice very interesting.
    Regards,
    Mary

Haunting_Immortal Guest
    OK so I have not read this entire thread, but the whole weight thing has been my biggest issue in life so I have to spout off, being the quiet type I am

I have always been overweight and felt like I had no control over it, I found freedom in the last year and it was because of www.naturalnews.com, they explained to me that the foods that we are eating, packaged, processed etc are full of ingredients that make us eat more, they are chemically engineered and designed to do that, food companies make money off us eating MORE, so they do not care if these ingredients are harmful and cause obesity and other health problems.

I had never been able to take weight off even eating these supposed miracle diet, low fat diet AND STARVING etc, my husband and I finally found success by realizing that going back to nature was what we really needed to do.

We stopped eating corn syrup first, its an excitotoxin that makes your brain WANT food, crave it, then we started eating organic where possible and finally we stopped eating all forms of MSG. Corn syrup and MSG are in EVERYTHING most the time for no reason and even though they are marketed as natural (corn based) they are chemically altered to the nth degree so they are in no way natural.

I have lost 60 lbs and still going with no effort other than reading labels and cooking a little more, he has lost 50 and is at his weight goal, it starts with your FOOD and your attitude towards it, the more natural the better and organic is better and yes the price does seem like a lot more, but its worth it for your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunting_Immortal View Post
    I have lost 60 lbs and still going with no effort other than reading labels and cooking a little more, he has lost 50 and is at his weight goal, it starts with your FOOD and your attitude towards it, the more natural the better and organic is better and yes the price does seem like a lot more, but its worth it for your health!
    That is awesome, congrats. In my family we have simply taken the approach that as long as you burn more calories than you consume, you won't gain weight. I always look at the serving/calorie label on the back of the package or go online and find out the information for unlabelled produce. Once you get into the habit of knowing how much you can eat and of what, it becomes automatic.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunting_Immortal View Post
    OK so I have not read this entire thread, but the whole weight thing has been my biggest issue in life so I have to spout off, being the quiet type I am

I have always been overweight and felt like I had no control over it, I found freedom in the last year and it was because of www.naturalnews.com, they explained to me that the foods that we are eating, packaged, processed etc are full of ingredients that make us eat more, they are chemically engineered and designed to do that, food companies make money off us eating MORE, so they do not care if these ingredients are harmful and cause obesity and other health problems.

I had never been able to take weight off even eating these supposed miracle diet, low fat diet AND STARVING etc, my husband and I finally found success by realizing that going back to nature was what we really needed to do.

We stopped eating corn syrup first, its an excitotoxin that makes your brain WANT food, crave it, then we started eating organic where possible and finally we stopped eating all forms of MSG. Corn syrup and MSG are in EVERYTHING most the time for no reason and even though they are marketed as natural (corn based) they are chemically altered to the nth degree so they are in no way natural.

Congratulations HI - That's awesome! Everybody has to find what works best for them.
    For me it was biking and running. I bike at lunch and run after work. That has kept my metabolism cranking so I can pretty much eat whatever I want. I used to train where the only things I would eat are Tuna Fish, Sardines (yuck) and Salad to get to 5% body fat. I still keep cans of tuna here in my office.
    Keep up the good work HI. I'm glad your husband has joined you, it makes it easier.

Forever-27 Guest
    What was bothering to me at least was Michelle wanting to ban salt and transfats. Makes me think she knows whats best to me better then I do. Now im not thin by any means. I could stand to lose maybe 50 pounds or so. But thats my choice. Not theirs to tell me what I should eat and how much of this and that is healthy for me.

I will be 40 next mionth. Ive never had any health problems. Ive havent been inside a hospital since the late 1970s when I had to get a physical for the summer swim team league I was part of for years. Other then going to Lense Crafters in the mall for an eye check every 4 years for my drivers livcense renewl, I dont go to doctors or hospitals.

What shes doing is nice for moms and dads who want to watch what their little kids eat to prevent whatever may happen.

But I think shes way out of bounds to say she wants everyone to eat the way she thinks is healthy. When I go to lunch Ill buy 40 chicken McNuggets and a large fries with a Diet Coke. I dont eat fruits or vegetables. Thats my choice , thats what I want. I couldnt care less about calorie intake, the fat content or what this sort of food can potentially do to me years from now. During the day I will drink a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi or so during the day and instead of drinking coffee in the mornings, ill open a can of soda.

Its amazing to me, people around me all work out, watch what they eat, take care of their bodies and still manage to get sick and make seemingly regular hospital visits. I smoke cigarettes , live on McDonalds and Burger King and never work out whatsoever and have never had any health problems.

I went to Rush's website to gather his commentary about the obesity progams.
    Rush mainly said what other people on this board are saying.
    Why are the Obama's exempting themselves from their own rules while telling everybody else what to do?
    Are they really leading by example.

My god you really spin this don't you.
    Eat sensibly and exercise, what a HORRIBLE thing to ask of people!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    What was bothering to me at least was Michelle wanting to ban salt and transfats. Makes me think she knows whats best to me better then I do. Now im not thin by any means. I could stand to lose maybe 50 pounds or so. But thats my choice. Not theirs to tell me what I should eat and how much of this and that is healthy for me.

I will be 40 next mionth. Ive never had any health problems. Ive havent been inside a hospital since the late 1970s when I had to get a physical for the summer swim team league I was part of for years. Other then going to Lense Crafters in the mall for an eye check every 4 years for my drivers livcense renewl, I dont go to doctors or hospitals.

What shes doing is nice for moms and dads who want to watch what their little kids eat to prevent whatever may happen.

But I think shes way out of bounds to say she wants everyone to eat the way she thinks is healthy. When I go to lunch Ill buy 40 chicken McNuggets and a large fries with a Diet Coke. I dont eat fruits or vegetables. Thats my choice , thats what I want. I couldnt care less about calorie intake, the fat content or what this sort of food can potentially do to me years from now. During the day I will drink a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi or so during the day and instead of drinking coffee in the mornings, ill open a can of soda.

Its amazing to me, people around me all work out, watch what they eat, take care of their bodies and still manage to get sick and make seemingly regular hospital visits. I smoke cigarettes , live on McDonalds and Burger King and never work out whatsoever and have never had any health problems.

I bet your cholesterol levels tell the story though.....

Forever-27 Guest
    Its my choice for now at least .... isnt it ?

I dont think Michelle Obama should be making these choices for me
    Last edited by Forever-27; 02-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    My god you really spin this don't you.
    Eat sensibly and exercise, what a HORRIBLE thing to ask of people!
    Other people on the board made the same comments.
    Michelle had a dinner of short ribs on vacation which are high in calories and fat content.
    The Obamas had a junk filled Superbowl Party.
    They are suppose to lead by example and that is how you get the message across.
    I think if Jillian Michaels from 'the biggest loser' was the 1st lady, the program would be more effective.
    Just seems to me now a lot of 'do as I say, not as I do'!
    Last edited by coconn04; 02-24-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

STsFirstmate Guest
    Michelle had a dinner of short ribs on vacation which are high in calories and fat content.
    I think if Jillian Michaels from 'the biggest loser' was the 1st lady, the program would be more effective.
    So by your logic GW as a good example for Laura Bush's literacy campaign never should have repeatedly said he didn't read newspapers.
    I get it.
    Regards,
    Mary

So by your logic GW as a good example for Laura Bush's literacy campaign never should have repeatedly said he didn't read newspapers.
    I get it.
    Regards,
    Mary
    GW has 2 ivy league degrees. Newspapers are full of bias and more of them are going out of business.
    The literacy campaign was more aimed at children and encouraging their love of books at a young age.
    Laura was a librarian and a school teacher after all so the cause is close to her heart.
    I don't know if Michelle's cause is really something that she picked herself or some group forced it on her.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

endsleigh03 Guest

From Let's Move...

Improves Nutrition and Focuses on Reducing Childhood Obesity
    • Gives USDA the authority to set nutritional standards for all foods regularly sold in schools during the school day, including vending machines, the “a la carte” lunch lines, and school stores.
    • Provides additional funding to schools that meet updated nutritional standards for federally-subsidized lunches. This is an historic investment, the first real reimbursement rate increase in over 30 years.
    • Helps communities establish local farm to school networks, create school gardens, and ensures that more local foods are used in the school setting.
    • Builds on USDA work to improve nutritional quality of commodity foods that schools receive from USDA and use in their breakfast and lunch programs.
    • Expands access to drinking water in schools, particularly during meal times.
    • Sets basic standards for school wellness policies including goals for nutrition promotion and education and physical activity, while still permitting local flexibility to tailor the policies to their particular needs.
    • Promotes nutrition and wellness in child care settings through the federally-subsidized Child and Adult Care Food Program.
    • Expands support for breastfeeding through the WIC program.
    Increases Access
    • Increases the number of eligible children enrolled in school meal programs by approximately 115,000 students by using Medicaid data to directly certify children who meet income requirements.
    • Helps certify an average additional 4,500 students per year to receive school meals by setting benchmarks for states to improve the certification process.
    • Allows more universal meal access for eligible students in high poverty communities by eliminating paper applications and using census data to determine school-wide income eligibility.
    • Expands USDA authority to support meals served to at-risk children in afterschool programs.
    Increases Program Monitoring and Integrity
    • Requires school districts to be audited every three years to improve compliance with nutritional standards.
    • Requires schools to make information more readily available to parents about the nutritional quality of meals.
    • Includes provisions to ensure the safety of school foods like improving recall procedures and extending hazard analysis and food safety requirements for school meals throughout the campus.
    • Provides training and technical assistance for school food service providers.
    The First Lady spoke on the massive coalition that came behind this bill to make it possible:
    These are the basic values that we all share, regardless of race, party, religion. This is what we share. These are the values that this bill embodies. And that’s why we’ve seen such a groundswell of support for these efforts –- not just from members of Congress here in Washington, but from folks in every corner of the country. It’s been beautiful to see.
    From educators working to provide healthier school meals, because they know the connection between proper nutrition and academic performance.
    From doctors and nurses who know that unhealthy kids grow into unhealthy adults –- at risk for obesity-related diseases like diabetes, heart disease, cancer.
    From business and labor leaders who know that we spend nearly $150 billion a year to treat these diseases and who worry about the impact on our economy.
    From advocates and faith leaders who know that school meals are vital for combating hunger, feeding more than 31 million children a day.
    And from military leaders who tell us that when more than one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight, they tell us that childhood obesity isn’t just a public health issue; they tell us that it is not just an economic threat — it is a national security threat as well.
    Now, these folks come at this issue from all different angles. But they’ve come together to support this bill because they know it’s the right thing to do for our kids. And they know that in the long run, it won’t just save money, but it’s going to save lives.

http://www.letsmove.gov/
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 02-24-2011 at 11:54 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Also, concerning Rush Limbaugh remarks about the Obamas exempting themselves from their own rules...

Are you kidding me?

This from the drug addled droolin' down his own face idiot who used to skewer people who abused drugs, while he was doing it himself?

OMG, I am telling you, He is so full of shit I can't believe ANYONE listens to him.

STsFirstmate Guest
    GW has 2 ivy league degrees. Newspapers are full of bias and more of them are going out of business.
    The literacy campaign was more aimed at children and encouraging their love of books at a young age.
    Laura was a librarian and a school teacher after all so the cause is close to her heart.
    I don't know if Michelle's cause is really something that she picked herself or some group forced it on her.
    Off topic but here in NY and when I lived in Florida I read at least three Newspapers a day, every day. My selection always includes a liberal newspaper, a conservative newspaper, well regarded paper and a financial newspaper and right now I am also reading a foreign newspaper.
    Two I get in print and the rest electronically. Right now I read the NY Times, Newsday, the Union Leader (conservative) WSJ, and The London Times. The London Times is an eye opener. I have friends in Europe who shake their head when they watch or read the news here in the US and always comment that all our news is "local news" that would be news about the US.
    My company pays my subscription fees for three of the above publications.
    The important thing is that a bright well rounded person should be exposed to all the spectrum of ideas, not just what fits their world view.
    The rise of new media has lead to poor to nonexistent fact checking and also publications becoming simply house organs for a particular political group.
    We are almost back to the days of the colonial broadside where hyperbole rules and once an untruth or half truth is floated to people it is almost impossible to undo the damage. The Burr, Hamilton duel was because Hamilton published a Broadside defaming Burr with half truths. It was settled on a cliff side in New Jersey.
    In terms of Michelle being forced to do it. I don't think she has the type of temperament to be forced to do much she doesn't want to do.
    So if an Ivy League education is your benchmark then you must love Dr. Cornell West as much as I do.
    regards,
    Mary

Oscar Delaurentis criticized Michelle Obama over not wearing more American designers and Michelle's response was that of 'I will wear what I want'.

I don't think she is the type to be forced into this this program.
    I know that politicians though have to please the major donors of their campaign by boosting one of their ideas.
    The Rose Garden was not Jackie Kennedy's idea it was Bunny Mellon's.
    She is also Caroline's godmother.
    Bunny is now about 100 and deeply involved with funneling money to John Edwards.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Also, concerning Rush Limbaugh remarks about the Obamas exempting themselves from their own rules...

Are you kidding me?

This from the drug addled droolin' down his own face idiot who used to skewer people who abused drugs, while he was doing it himself?

OMG, I am telling you, He is so full of shit I can't believe ANYONE listens to him.

LOL!

Too true. But worse yet the people who do listen really believe this crap.

Did they ever say no snacks at all???

You just want to find fault and boy howdy you are really digging.

The truly funny thing was Laura Bush and her literacy program.
    She is married to someone who is borderline illiterate.

Sheesh

Thumbs down

Sheesh
    How do you define borderline illiterate?
    All I know is that there are some magical low calorie short ribs on her platter.
    Ok, she didn't do the slaughtering!
    How do then tell everybody to eat your veggies?
    The Obamas are so smart that they will find
    a way'

Edna St. Vincent Millay

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post

I was like that too. And I got away with it because I was "ridiculously healthy". My sugars, cholesterol, everything was perfect. I was just fat. It is your choice, and it's like smoking. Some people smoke a pack a day and live to 100. Some jog, eat organic and live healthy and die. Yeah. It can be random.

I do hope you know that the "blessed good health" thing doesn't always last. Just some (I know, unsolicited), advice from a hag who's been there. Certainly don't change for Michelle Obama, but if your health goes, do it for you.

Sheesh

Yeah the mudslinging is getting retarded. It's a HEALTHY EATING CAMPAIGN! she isn't asking you to tatoo the the swastika on your nose!

The bitching about the ribs, her ass and the superbowl party is the worst display of ignorance I've ever seen. Someone look up the definition of "balance" please. You can have ribs, snacks etc IN MODERATION. Common sense people. Please.

And cut Laura some slack. Maybe she was hoping someone would help her teach Dubya his ABC's.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Has anybody here ever seen or heard of michelle obama eating a healthy meal before? EVER?

Has anybody here ever seen or heard of michelle obama eating a healthy meal before? EVER?
    Did anybody ever hear of her cooking her own meals?
    How many kids are really listening to her?
    I just would like a program where there are results!
    Why would I go to Michelle Obama for advice?

Edna St. Vincent Millay

endsleigh03 Guest
    I can tell you this....

The President is not overweight.

The girls are not overweight.

And Michelle, big ass or not, is not fat. She is tall tho - 5'11.

radiojane Guest

You don't have to listen to her. But if you're going to rail against her, at least have a valid argument.

So if she tweets a pic of her plate at every meal will you listen to her? She's not a hypocrite just because you want her to be.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Really reaching now

That is just it. You wouldn't go to her for anything ever, no matter what it was.

radiojane Guest
    Really reaching now

Understatement of the century.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    She's made healthy eating her campaign - I have never seen her have a healthy meal. Period.
    And sorry, she does not look like she's in shape to me. Guys, being guys, usually immediately think of a question when they meet a girl of a certain age range - and the answer to michelle is Hell no

radiojane Guest
    She's made healthy eating her campaign - I have never seen her have a healthy meal. Period.
    And sorry, she does not look like she's in shape to me. Guys, being guys, usually immediately think of a question when they meet a girl of a certain age range - and the answer to michelle is Hell no

Which is probably reciprocated on her end.

She looks pretty damned healthy to me. In fact, damned good for a woman of that age who's raised children.

And where exactly, are you watching her eat AT ALL?

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Really reaching now

That is just it. You wouldn't go to her for anything ever, no matter what it was.
    How is it reaching? To want her to practice what she preaches?
    When Arnold was the President's Physical Fitness Campaign Spokesperson, everyone knew he worked out. We saw him working out.

Then the obamas ask Americans to forego vacations and the next week they are skiing in Vail.

The obamas are nothing but hypocrites. barack never even wore the American Flag Lapel Pin until he thought it would cost him votes. Now he wears it all the time -

but he doesn't FEEL it.
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 02-24-2011 at 02:34 PM.