Thread: Concert Deaths

I see dead people Guest

Concert Deaths

WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island -- Ninety-six people died Thursday in a fast-moving fire at a Rhode Island nightclub, Gov. Don Carcieri said Friday afternoon, adding that only a handful of the bodies have been identified.

With 35 people in critical and serious conditions, the governor said it would not surprise him if the death toll were to rise above 100.
    Because some bodies are badly burned, Carcieri said, family members might have to wait for DNA testing to learn their loved ones' fate.

Above was borrowed from CNN

Crazy to think you are going to a concet to blow off some steam and have a good time, and you could wind up dead.

I was at a Charley Daniels concert once, and we where up close to the stage and the crowd was pushing us into the stage, it was hard to breath and was probably the scariest concert moment I have ever been too. Have you seen the singer for Boy Hits Car jump off the speakers 70 feet up, could you image catching that crazy mo fo?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mEKxG9DVDHU

What other Notorious concert deaths have happened.

Moron's note!

I looked and did a search on the threads, once again, didn't really see anything like this (just the specific Rolling Stones one) but who knows, might already be a thread for it. Just humor me and please leave me feeling like I am really cool, like I am in my head. Thanks!

Jaxxx Guest
    There were so people trampled at a WHO concert, where it was first come first seated, they don't do that anymore.

Kathyf Guest
    I did not see that story. Terrible.I remember a lot of people getting hurt or killed at many concerts over the years. David Cassidy once wrote that when a girl was trampled and killed at one of his concerts he almost quit. It is very sad

ScottyMonger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    There were so people trampled at a WHO concert, where it was first come first seated, they don't do that anymore.
    That was December of '79 in Cincinnati. Eleven people were killed.

The first incident mentioned above was the "Great White" show, at the Station nightclub, that was caused when pyrotechnics caught the club on fire.

On Friday, June 31, 2000, nine people died from injuries sustained at a Pearl Jam concert 25 miles west of Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Last edited by ScottyMonger; 11-05-2007 at 04:07 PM.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    The worst would to die at a David Cassidy concert in the 70's in England...how embarrassing would that be??

Kugmu Guest
    AC/DC in Salt Lake City, Utah, 08 Jan '91.
    3 concert goers were trampled/crushed to death when the fans surged towards the stage at the start of the show.
    AC/DC was not aware of it until told late into the show.

hoxharding Guest
    After the Who concert-the tv show 'WKRP' had an episode about it. It was a really excellent/sad episode.
    I once went to a Motley Crue concert where they had only opened one door or something. I was able to move without touching the ground. The crowd carried me
    most of the way. A girl also had her arm broken before the concert.

Meredith Hunter was killed at Altamont on DEc 6/69 while the Stones played "Under My Thumb". 3 others also died that day - 2 in a car accident and another drowned in a drain.

stacebabe Guest
    I was home with my months-old baby when this happened (I am from the Boston area) and I remember watching the news. I remember seeing the numbers jump from like 10 dead to over 100. Being a child of the headbanging 80's-90's myself I could've easily been at that concert. Such a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by I see dead people View Post
    WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island -- Ninety-six people died Thursday in a fast-moving fire at a Rhode Island nightclub, Gov. Don Carcieri said Friday afternoon, adding that only a handful of the bodies have been identified.

With 35 people in critical and serious conditions, the governor said it would not surprise him if the death toll were to rise above 100.
    Because some bodies are badly burned, Carcieri said, family members might have to wait for DNA testing to learn their loved ones' fate.

Above was borrowed from CNN

Crazy to think you are going to a concet to blow off some steam and have a good time, and you could wind up dead.

I was at a Charley Daniels concert once, and we where up close to the stage and the crowd was pushing us into the stage, it was hard to breath and was probably the scariest concert moment I have ever been too. Have you seen the singer for Boy Hits Car jump off the speakers 70 feet up, could you image catching that crazy mo fo?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mEKxG9DVDHU

What other Notorious concert deaths have happened.

Moron's note!

I looked and did a search on the threads, once again, didn't really see anything like this (just the specific Rolling Stones one) but who knows, might already be a thread for it. Just humor me and please leave me feeling like I am really cool, like I am in my head. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    Back in the mid-80's, they were still doing that. I remember going to a few shows and waiting in line for HOURS before a concert, just to get a good seat as soon as the gates opened. I was successful a few times!

Amaya-chan Guest
    There was a girl who was killed at a New Kids on the Block concert. I think it was in South Korea or something.

There was also that Guns n' Roses concert back in 1991 where Axel walked out in mid-show and there was a huge riot afterwards. I can't remember if anyone died, though. There's videos of the whole thing on YouTube.

Kugmu Guest
    [SIZE=3]Montreal was where the riot was but it was in â??92.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Matallica singer James Hatfield severely burned his arm when some pyrotechnics went of, I think he walked into flaming fountain thing, and couldnâ??t continue the show.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After a loooong delay Guns â??nâ?? Roses took the stage. They soon walked off and cancelled the rest of the concert. Axl said he had a sore throat. The Poor Baby. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The audience was pissed and rioted as they left the arena. Nobody was killed but lots of material damage until the police got things under control.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I saw an interview with Lars Ulrich who expressed great disappointment with GnR.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Saying they could have been heroes that night but instead quit which started the riot.[/SIZE]

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya-chan View Post
    There was a girl who was killed at a New Kids on the Block concert. I think it was in South Korea or something.

There was also that Guns n' Roses concert back in 1991 where Axel walked out in mid-show and there was a huge riot afterwards. I can't remember if anyone died, though. There's videos of the whole thing on YouTube.
    No, that was in St Louis, at RiverPort, he had to come back (Axel) for court, he hurt some fans, then when Grateful Dead played here a Tornado came through where some of the Dead Heads were staying and was killed.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Yeah the only one I remember is that one not too long ago at the Great White concert. Sooo soo tragic.

Jack Raines Guest
    At a KoRn concert last July in Atlanta, 30-year-old Andy Richardson was beaten by two other concert-goers. It all started after the two men were moshing.

Andy told the men to be careful not to hurt his pregnant girlfriend and a mentally-challenged child he had with them.

A fight broke out between Andy and the men, but it soon ended and the men left. But the men soon returned, and one hit Andy in the head with his fist, knocking him head first onto the concrete. He was unconscious. He had blood all over his face, and died. The 2 people who killed him were never found.

I see dead people Guest
    I remember seeing the video of the people trying to get out of the Great White fire thingy. It was kind of creepy with them all stacked ontop of each other and people pulling thier arms and stuff. Have you ever gone to after hours parties where they turn office buildings and stuff into parties? They happen alot in Hollywood above the stores and bars after they close, they pack those places and charge like $100 to get in, if anything ever happened at one of those, you pretty much know you are not going to get out. It is just wall to wall people.

STsFirstmate Guest

1970s 11 Stampede Deaths Who Concert Cincinnati

I didn't find a thread on this incident. I was living in Cincinnati at the time and had been to previous Who concerts.
    I had been to one Festival seating type concert at Riverfront Coliseum and swore I would never go to another. They would sell tickets to capacity with no assigned seats and then open the door and first come first seated. People stood in line over night and fights broke out it was a real mess.
    This time they didn't have enough ticket takers and despite the police begging them to open more doors the management and union refused. The results was 11 dead and several injured.
    The Who and the crowd inside the concert were never told what happened until after the show. Scores of frantic parents were huddling outside begging them to stop the show so they could find their kids since they would not announce the name of the dead kids till families were notified. It was a screw up on more levels than you can imagine. News teams were outside filming the injured and sheet covered dead and broadcasting it on special reports and the people inside the concert and the performers were oblivious.
    A neighbor called me frantic because her daughter was there with friends and her husband was out of town. I went down there with her and it was a zoo. This was pre-cell phone and I was worried we would miss her daughter and not know she had driven the 40 miles back to the town we lived in.
    I called my cousin who was a Cincy cop and he verified she wasn't listed as injured or dead and we were lucky enough to find her ( I have no idea how) when the show let out. She had no idea why we were there but she did show us where a huge clump of her hair had been pulled out as she was "pushed through the doors" in a sea of people.
    Festival seating was banned at that venue after that thankfully but it was an awful evening. Warning the second you tube video is somewhat graphic.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,312557,00.html
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...0746-1,00.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRvzjs5xWz0
    Regards,
    Mary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM4Dv...eature=related

I merged these together because I remember reading about this some time ago. I also remember the day it happened. There was an "in memory of" thing at the end of that week's episode of, "WKRP in Cincinnatti".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I merged these together because I remember reading about this some time ago. I also remember the day it happened. There was an "in memory of" thing at the end of that week's episode of, "WKRP in Cincinnatti".
    Good memory and it was considered very controversial at the time for them to "remove the fourth wall" so to speak to mention it.
    Regards,
    Mary

heat123 Guest
    Someone did die after being crushed at a David Cassidy concert.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-1095281.html

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    The worst would to die at a David Cassidy concert in the 70's in England...how embarrassing would that be??