Thread: Mike Mentzer

Danny62 Guest

Mike Mentzer

I am a death hag so that is why I am adding this guy.

He was a bodybuilder who claimed you didn't need to workout 6 days a week and only needed to do one set of each exercise to failure...he didn't do this himself though...anyway his death story!!

A footnote his brother Ray also a bodybuilder was found dead 24 hours later after making funeral arrangements for Mike!!

Bodybuilder Mike Mentzer, who retired when he lost the Mr. Olympia contest to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1980, died of an apparent heart attack. He was 49.

Mentzer's body was found Sunday by his brother Raymond, also a title-winning competitive bodybuilder, in the apartment they shared in Rolling Hills Estates, said David Rice of L.R. Rice Mortuary in Torrance.
    The cause of Mike Mentzer's death was not disclosed, pending a coroner's investigation. He had a history of heart trouble.
    After making funeral arrangements for his brother, Ray Mentzer's body was found in bed at the apartment. He was declared dead Monday, about 24 hours after his brother died.
    Rice said Ray Mentzer was a dialysis patient who looked "quite distressed'' when he came to make funeral arrangements. His death also was being investigated by the coroner's office, spokesman Scott Carrier said.
    In the late 1970s, Michael Mentzer created shock waves in the bodybuilding industry with the notion that six-day-a-week training was unnecessary. He won converts by winning several contests, including first place in the medium weight division at the 1976 Mr. America contest and first in the heavyweight division of the 1979 Mr. Olympia championships.
    Born near Philadelphia on Nov. 15, 1951, Mike Mentzer started lifting weights at the age of 11 and competed a year later in his first lifting contest. He later competed in Mr. America, Mr. World, Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia contests. He placed second overall Mr. Olympia in 1979.
    In 1980, he lost the Mr. Olympia contest to Schwarzenegger and stated publicly that he felt he was robbed.
    "We may be able to send a man to the moon, but when it comes to recognizing the rightful winner of the 1980 Olympia, mankind is surely arrested in its development,'' Mentzer said later.
    Mike's younger brother, Ray, was born on Aug. 2, 1953. In 1978 he won the Mr. USA title and a year later, in 1979, the Mr. America title. Later the same year he placed second in the Mr. Universe competition. The Mentzer brothers were both single and their parents are deceased.

Nov 15, 1951-June 10, 2001

Last edited by Danny62; 11-04-2007 at 08:05 PM.

xenaswolf Guest
    I remember him! Wow sad that he and his brother are both gone!

Bev Francis is STILL my idol LOL

Danny62 Guest

For Xenaswolf

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I remember him! Wow sad that he and his brother are both gone!

Bev Francis is STILL my idol LOL

Bev Francis! For Xenaswolf

Gardner32 Guest
    Ewwww gross! Danny, I hope you don't do that to yourself, it's nasty!

Kathyf Guest
    I think I remember a story about him but never heard about his brother dying so soon after.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardner32 View Post
    Ewwww gross! Danny, I hope you don't do that to yourself, it's nasty!
    Hell I am to old to put on that kind of muscle!

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

Eww. I hate the way the skin looks..ummm crispy..
    ~SinKitty

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Eww. I hate the way the skin looks..ummm crispy..
    ~SinKitty
    Yeah I can't wait to see her skin in say 10 years!! Yuck!!

KFC, Extra Crispy!!

1karenhb Guest
    I agree these pictures are totally gross and they are alive!!!

marimbagirl Guest
    I was watching something the other day about professional body builders and how they have so much muscle, but when you see them perform, they are usually at their weakest because of lack of nurishment.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I agree these pictures are totally gross and they are alive!!!
    OMG...that was frigging hilarious.....LMAO.....I couldn`t agree more....the men are bad enough, but the chicks are seriously gross...eeeewww.....my ex was a powerlifter and when went to the gym I swear these chicks had hair growing out of their ass`s........can anyone say " roids ".....

RoRo Guest
    sad story about the man.....scary pictures!! I'm sorry I don't like looking at people who look like they've had an air hose stuck up their butt!!! I know they work hard for thoselooks but it makes me ill....especially the women, it's gross but that's just my opinion

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    OMG...that was frigging hilarious.....LMAO.....I couldn`t agree more....the men are bad enough, but the chicks are seriously gross...eeeewww.....my ex was a powerlifter and when went to the gym I swear these chicks had hair growing out of their ass`s........can anyone say " roids ".....
    I think most of the bodybuildings use steroids. Its kind of sad. And from what I read steroids are very addicting!!

I can't imagine being with a girl built like a guy!!!

All they are missing is one important piece of hardware, or software depending on the mood!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

Thank you Danny! Damn just LOOK at her!!! I'd sell my soul to Satan for those muscles!!
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 11-12-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Danny62 Guest
    Thank you Danny! Damn just LOOK at her!!! I'd sell my soul to Satan for those muscles!!
    Your welcome...you finally noticed!!!

poppie Guest
    F U G L Y!

xenaswolf Guest
    LOL sorry Danny, there are so many threads I can't keep up. Now, if I could have these abs, my life would be golden!

Danny62 Guest
    LOL sorry Danny, there are so many threads I can't keep up. Now, if I could have these abs, my life would be golden!

Anything is possible!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    Nah I tried years ago, I don't have the drive, determination, time and will power to look like that. Besides I just got back from the doc, my bp is in the stratosphere, she thinks I have PTSD from some crap in my past, I've got some kind of positonal vertigo and many and asundry other things. I don't think it would be safe right now to be under a barbell LOL