View Poll Results: What do you think of Barbara Walters?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her.

16 15.09%
  • Hate her.

10 9.43%
  • She's a skinny, old, shrapnel-faced bitch, but a good reporter.

19 17.92%
  • She's a skinny old bitch who talks like she has marbles in her mouth.

18 16.98%
  • You wonder who she slept with to get where she is today.

24 22.64%
  • You would bet good money that she has squeeky, stinky farts.

7 6.60%
  • Other (please specify).

12 11.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Walters

Question Barbara Walters

We talk so much about Baba Wawa here on the forum, especially her latest interview with Patrick Swayze. But what do you really think about her?
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    I am indifferent to the Babs.
    Ditto for me. Star Jones and Rosie O'Donnell surely appear to have a bone to pick with her, though.

Jod6cindy Guest
    Cold, brittle, snappish, businesslike, professional, a perfectionist.

I know her type of person and have never really meshed well with it.
    Last edited by Jod6cindy; 01-11-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling error

kandykisses Guest
    Choice 2, 4, 5 and 6. She is not my favorite reporter at all. I think she is fake and superficial. I do think she went down on quite a few producers back in the day to get where she got. She sure didn't get there on brain power. I hate how she sucks up to important people just to be invited to their parties.

Layla331 Guest
    I think as shes aging she become harder to watch..i kinda feel sad for her,,she acts odd sometimes..thinking shes funny

Taggerez Guest
    Ah, Babba Wawa.

Babs is highly skilled at maneuvering the rocky shoals of show biz news, climbing the ladder to success and forging a long lasting career with a series of clever and even daring moves. But when it comes to really understanding hard issues, she's a dolt. She has proven this time and again through her interviews. She is at her worst interviewing people like Castro or Anwar Sadat but even when she takes on the lighter-than-air intellects of Hollywood she can stink it up (if you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be?). Not only that, but she is really thin-skinned about her dumb-ass questions as well as the speech-impediment induced "Babba Wawa" thing.

I don't think about her at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FannyB1923 Guest
    I wouldn't say I love her, but I'll give her points for being a trailblazer. She was one of the first newswomen given a serious role on the network news. She wasn't just "the weather girl" She's done some great interviews over the years. Then again, what was up with that "Be strong, be gentle with us" stuff to Jimmy Carter??? Or the infamous, "what kind of tree would you be?" question.
    She paved the way for luminous network people like Katie Couric (wha???)

wonder how that long jeep ride down the beach with fidel turned out?
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I used to have at least a modicum of respect for her, especially back when she was doing the Today show and co-anchoring the network news. She did a lot back then for the general visibility of women in key network positions...she was a player then.
    Now? The View killed her credibility with me, and her tell-all tome nailed the coffin shut. I really don't care what she has to say now, she seems like a preening, fading upper east side matron and not much else.
    Retire already Babs.

vandal Guest
    You wonder who she slept with to get where she is today.

1. Senator John Warner, while he was still married.
    2. Merv Adelson, the CEO of Lorimar Television.

I'm sure it helped.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jod6cindy View Post
    Cold, brittle, snappish, businesslike, professional, a perfectionist.

I know her type of person and have never really meshed well with it.

You'd hate me.

I'd have to go with indifferent although wasn't it her that asked Richard Gere if he stuck a gerbil up his arse? That's cool.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    I am indifferent to the Babs.
    Same goes for me. Don't love her, don't hate her

sheri Guest
    She's annoying as hell is hot. Just like Martha Stewart. Annoying that is.

GrinReaper Guest
    I dunno what to think of Ba Ba Wa Wa. I never really watched her. So I don't get what the big deal is or why is it that celebs will talk to her and open up. (She's probably kicking herself that Couric got Pailhead and not her.)

I think I prefer the Playboy interviews. Those keep me interested whenever I've read one.

I have loved her since she was on The Today Show back in the 60s. I watched that show every day before I went to school. I will edit this by saying, as Jack did, The View killed a lot of her creditability.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-12-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nicki Guest
    She is Ok. Have to say her interview with Patrick Swayze was one of her best.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    Ah, Babba Wawa.

Babs is highly skilled at maneuvering the rocky shoals of show biz news, climbing the ladder to success and forging a long lasting career with a series of clever and even daring moves. But when it comes to really understanding hard issues, she's a dolt. She has proven this time and again through her interviews. She is at her worst interviewing people like Castro or Anwar Sadat but even when she takes on the lighter-than-air intellects of Hollywood she can stink it up (if you could be a tree, what kind of tree would you be?). Not only that, but she is really thin-skinned about her dumb-ass questions as well as the speech-impediment induced "Babba Wawa" thing.

Agreed....but she always gets the people to sit down and talk to her that I want to know about, ie Patrick Swayze.....most of the people she interviews I could give a rats ass about, but every once in awhile there is one I do......and why do they " trust " her

ratkin638 Guest
    The View would surely have hurt her credibility with me. If there had been any in the first place, that is!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    The View would surely have hurt her credibility with me. If there had been any in the first place, that is!

* giggle *

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I used to have at least a modicum of respect for her, especially back when she was doing the Today show and co-anchoring the network news. She did a lot back then for the general visibility of women in key network positions...she was a player then.

Now? The View killed her credibility with me, and her tell-all tome nailed the coffin shut. I really don't care what she has to say now, she seems like a preening, fading upper east side matron and not much else.
    Retire already Babs.
    Yep, yep and YEP.

Snoopy Guest
    I don't care either way about her..she does seem shallow and strange at times.

A very dear friend of mine is a world renowned photographer. His catalog looks like whos who of the 20th century. Barbara Walters is the only subject he ever walked out on. During the Today show years, he was to shoot her for a magazine cover. She was horribly verbally abusive to everyone around her and he left. The story and cover never ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blue View Post
    A very dear friend of mine is a world renowned photographer. His catalog looks like whos who of the 20th century. Barbara Walters is the only subject he ever walked out on. During the Today show years, he was to shoot her for a magazine cover. She was horribly verbally abusive to everyone around her and he left. The story and cover never ran.
    My husband and I were spending a night at the Ritz-Carlton to celebrate our anniversary a few years back. The particular suite that we got also included free access to a VIP "Club" on the top floor. The Club is only available to those who are staying in high-end rooms, and is like going into a large but cozy living room. They have attendants who will bring you any drink you'd like, and they always have a table of food set out that varies based on the time of day. For example, in the morning they will have fresh fruit, muffins, egg fritatta, cheeses, yogurt, etc. At lunch time they will have a variety of salads, sandwiches and cookies.

In any event, the particular weekend that we were there also happened to be the same weekend as the annual Television Critics Association (TCA) meeting. Baba Wawa was there promoting something, although I don't know what. One afternoon my husband and I were in the club having drinks when who should walk in but none other than Baba Wawa herself. She was so rude, insulting and mean to the attendants, bitching to them about everything and how gross the food looked (it looked beautiful, like a work of art). She was with two other men, I am assuming they were somehow associated with ABC, and they looked very embarrassed for her. At that point, any respect that I had for her went out the window.

In real life, Baba looks like skeletor, extremely thin with bird legs. In addition, her face looks somewhat odd, very asymetrical and looking like she had either been in a car accident or had horrific plastic surgery. Different parts of her face appeared to be frozen, perhaps by overuse of Botox. All I can say is the lighting directors on her shows must work miracles!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

WendyK Guest
    My post disappeared!

WendyK Guest
    All I think is she should retire..

I think that she's a political animal who got to where she is in large part due to her father's connections. She gets great interview subjects & then soft balls the hell out of them. I really learn little from her 'interviews'.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I think that she's a political animal who got to where she is in large part due to her father's connections. She gets great interview subjects & then soft balls the hell out of them. I really learn little from her 'interviews'.
    I agree with a fellow HAG!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Without reviewing what others here voted or think about Ms. Walters, I voted for "other". I don't revere her nor do I dislike her. In a way, I admire Barbara Walters for her having paved the way for other women in American media. Considering her age, she remains active & relevant at nearly 80....for which I admire her. I also believe that she has deep feelings for her late sister & her daughter. I don't care who she has slept with.....that is no more my business than who I've slept with is hers. It is highly unlikely that I will read her autobiography. I admit to sometimes watching "The View" and am always interested in what she has to offer...but I cannot say that I love her.

mandi Guest
    I have no opinion on her really, she seems like a snob who has lived the high sheltered life for a long time so as a result, her presence seems over the top, i don't know, something about her i am not fond of..................... Oh i know what, it looks like she hasn't eaten a meal in about 30 years!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    We talk so much about Baba Wawa here on the forum, especially her latest interview with Patrick Swayze. But what do you really think about her?
    It depends on what mood i'm in,like right now she doesn't bother me,but who knows about tommorow .

I am just starting to read her autobiography.

Now I am finding out she has a HEART and she is getting its valve fixed.

AP – In this Friday, Nov. 13, 2009 photo released by ABC, ABC's Barbara Walters is seen at a New York City …

NEW YORK – Barbara Walters said she will have surgery to replace a faulty heart valve later this week and take the summer off from "The View" to recuperate.
    The television legend made the announcement on the air Monday. She said she's known about her condition for a while, and decided with her doctors that this is the best time to have the heart surgery done.

"Since the summer is coming up," she said, "I can take a nice vacation."
    Walters, 80, is one of the best-known personalities in television news. She began on the "Today" show, was the first woman to anchor a network evening news program, then was one of the toughest competitors in the fierce game of landing sought-after interviews.

At a time others would be slowing down, she invented "The View" in 1997 and the daily talk show with a woman's round-table is a staple on daytime TV. She said earlier this year she was giving up her annual interview special with actors that traditionally preceded the Academy Awards.

She said her condition would be a surprise to many friends. "But I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance," she said.

Walters said she had not felt any symptoms from the narrowing of the heart valve, which can worsen and restrict the flow of blood to the heart. There are four heart valves, and they can be surgically replaced by a mechanical valve, an animal valve or human organ from a donor.

"There's no denying that this is serious surgery," said ABC News President David Westin. "But it's also a type of surgery that has been done often and successfully. and, as those of us who work with Barbara know, she's in excellent condition. So we have every reason to expect a great result and a speedy recovery."

Walters said recovery generally takes one to three months, mostly involving regaining strength.

Former First Lady Barbara Bush and comic Robin Williams had heart valve replacement surgery last year.

Whoopi Goldberg, her co-host on "The View," asked if she was scared.

She said no and pointed to how it has become more commonplace, but said, "Look, nobody wants to have this kind of surgery
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

She paved the way and opened a lot of doors for female news anchors.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

havoc Guest
    She lost me when she asked Katherine Hepburn what kind of tree she would be.

I think she will have the same Surgeon who performed a similar
    type operation on celebrites like: Larry King, Regis Philbin, David
    Letterman and former President Bill Clinton.
    She should also be glad that she can be able to afford the best
    Health Care that a person like her needs.
    Maybe unlike a lot of other people in that same situation.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Me Too! What would anyone ask someone a dumber then dirt question like that? Especially Katherine Hepburn. Anyone remember what her response was to that question? I'd love to hear it. FOUND IT...here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_X2Xd1iOmM
    Last edited by Nicki; 05-11-2010 at 11:20 AM.

John carpenter Guest
    I picked I love Her..which i don't lol..I don't hate her either...I love her interviews. The only thing that bugs me is her snooty accent & her plastic Surgery. She is 80 years old & wants the world to believe she's 40Her face is pulled tighter than Rosie O'Donnel's sweat pants

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Now that's funny, because Sandra Bullock asked her the same question and Barbara Walter's tried continually to dismiss her ...

I find her arrogant, with a sense of entitlement. She may have been a pioneer, but is out of sync with who and where people are in the present, and too self-righteous to realize it.

Barbara Walters Recovering From Heart Surger

By PopEater Staff Posted May 14th 2010 05:28P

Barbara Walters' doctors are happy with the results of the TV legend's heart surgery.

"Barbara Walters' surgery went well and the doctors are very pleased with the outcome," says the rep to the 80-year-old 'View' star. Walters' had valve replacement. She had explained that one of her heart valves was getting "tighter and smaller" and that it needed to be replaced.

"Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery," Walters said when she announced she was going under the knife. "It's not elective."

'The View' host expects to be sidelined for at least one month while she recovers. ?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Seagorath Guest
    I'd fuck her.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'd fuck her.
    The funniest answer yet!

I don't care much either way, but the View is a real turnoff. I love the stuff Kathy Griffin says about her-"I prefewr Astroglide!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'd fuck her.

Sympathy fuck or would you wipe your dick on her living room drapes afterwards, then split ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Barbara Walters to retire in 2014

Glad she is going, but a few years too
    late.
    Think how Regis Philbin and Larry King
    left.(on top of their game)
    Only started to watch her show when
    Rosie Odonnell was on it.
    Stopped watching when Rosie left.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

same here....don't let the door hit you on the way out
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Mammy Guest
    I really don't have much of an opinion about her one way or the other, but my Dad despises her and always has. He'll be thrilled that she is retiring. He can just hear her voice and swell up like a sore tailed cat.

Can't stand the woman!!!

Ludigan, please do a search before you create a thread. A celeb with the magnitude of Barbara Walters is almost certainly listed in our archives. And it doesn't matter if it's a new news item, all things about a celeb go in one thread, unless that person dies, then the thread is closed and another created in the death section. Either use the Search box in the right hand corner of any page, click on the Advanced Search below that, go into Feedback and Support and click on Google Custom Search, or ask a staff member via their profile or PM.

A hundred years ago I'd get up and watch her on the Today Show before I had to walk to school. Never liked her then, don't like her now. I don't know what it is, but she puts me off.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-28-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ludigan, please do a search before you create a thread. A celeb with the magnitude of Barbara Walters is almost certainly listed in our archives.
    I didn't realize that a poll counted as a thread. I used the search engine, and in the two pages that came up, there was no specific thread on Baba Wawa.

Vandalay Guest
    Pwease Babwa, tell us how someone with a speech impediment has a caweeah on Network TV?? I weelly, weely wanna know..