Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Roller rink - Did you ever go?

RaRaRamona Guest
    [quote=PlumCrazyPurple;611483]
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Did you take the wrong off ramp?

No Ro why do you ask?
    I Hal & the other guy y9ou mentioned (I forget now) seemed random & out of the blue. Who's Hal?

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Lmfao..I was thinkng the same thing Rara...
    Whew I'm glad b/c I was sitting here thinking, "I have never heard of a stove up the butt." lol Glad it's not just me.

2. 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM

PlumCrazyPurple Guest
    Ro I posted a link up there ^^^^^

I watched an episode of Malcolm in the Middle the other day and Hal was teaching Malcolm how to roller skate.

And Duster...blades most definitely!

mandee1005 Guest
    For those who skated in the 80's and the 90's.. i've created a music playlist.. what did i miss??

http://www.imeem.com/people/0b-z7lR/...usic_playlist/

We wer just messin' around Tracy. Didn't mean to offend.

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    50 is the new 40...

And I bet I could still outskate you 20-somethings, on blades or wheels.

But you can't outskate the 30+

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    a stove up butt bone

For anyone concerned, there was no "stove up the butt anything" go back and read it again. Some people are not as fucking hilarious as they think they are.
    Um, what?

I read it the same way they did.

8. 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM

9. 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    a stove up butt bone

For anyone concerned, there was no "stove up the butt anything" go back and read it again. Some people are not as hilarious as they think they are.
    Why don't you get over yourself? We're just kidding. Sheesh

I am every bit as hilarious as I think I am. Thanks for proving it!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyPurple View Post
    Ro I posted a link up there ^^^^^

I watched an episode of Malcolm in the Middle the other day and Hal was teaching Malcolm how to roller skate.

And Duster...blades most definitely!

Oooooh I don't watch that so I thought you meant Hal Sparks LOL

11. 01-09-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    I remember listening to KFOG when I was stationed in CA. Sunday night was for polishing the boots and listening to Dr. Demento.
    Oops! How can I forget KFOG? I remember when they used to have "Psychedelic Sundays" back in the 80's. It was actually my parent's favorite station. They collected all those "Live from the Archive" CDs and went to a few of their firework shows.

I even have an old KFOG fridge magnet here on my fridge in Texas!

Anyway, getting back on topic...

Forever-27 Guest
    Dave Morey just quit at KFOG, hes been there for friggin years. Said he missed the midwest. Still doing 10 at 10 from his house in South Dakota.

oops not to allow the topic to stray ...

trose Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazyPurple View Post
    Ok so I'm the only one who finds Hal hilarious! My Malcolm thread was a dud too LOL!
    I thought it was funny. Took me a minute to figure out who that was skating tho - I never watched Malcolm.

Did the dad actually skate that himself or was there a stunt-skater?

trose Guest
    My brother & I used to go when we were 12 to 15. I was okay, my brother was amazing.

He was one of those tall skinny guys who looked like he had hinges in his knees going outward. Weird, but fascinating.

okay okay let's have a re-match, we all order big nasty drinks, etc. etc. Just let me do a couple's skate with Duster so I can erase the trauma of being the last chick standing, ok?

OK Doot? If you're really nice, I might fall down and try to remove boobage from my shirt, like that other girl. heeeeee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roller Skates.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	323.8 KB 
ID:	11733

Does anyone remember the thread about "what do you want for Christmas"? Well, everyone said world peace, end hunger, help the needy children, blah blah blah, (of course, there's nothing wrong with that) and I said I wanted roller skates. Well, here's me on my new roller skates a few weeks ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...I'd take those rosary bleeds and stuff 'em up your nose. "These bleeds?"

trose Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink517 View Post
    Does anyone remember the thread about "what do you want for Christmas"? Well, everyone said world peace, end hunger, help the needy children, blah blah blah, (of course, there's nothing wrong with that) and I said I wanted roller skates. Well, here's me on my new roller skates a few weeks ago.
    Dink, that looks like fun.

I must be crazy for even thinking that. Here I am 47 and overweight - I think butt pads would be in order. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by trose View Post
    Dink, that looks like fun.

I must be crazy for even thinking that. Here I am 47 and overweight - I think butt pads would be in order. LOL!
    Yeah, I asked the guy at the sporting goods store if they had butt pads, but he said they only sell knee pads and elbow pads. So that's what I got. I tell ya, it's not as easy as it was when we were 12 years old. It took quite a while to get the hang of it again. And then I was wiped out. And then I watched Xanadu. Nothing like a movie about a roller disco. But what great music!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...I'd take those rosary bleeds and stuff 'em up your nose. "These bleeds?"

De La Soul guys!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERthFAsiQLY
    Rollerskate.
    I didnt go for the obvious Good Times by Chic cuz Im cool like that.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I even have an old KFOG fridge magnet here on my fridge in Texas!
    Small world.....I have a KLBJ sticker around here somewhere.

I have a KSYM sticker stuck to some old furniture.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

LitaMalibu Guest
    Oh did I ever, every weekend! Everytime I hear that Nu-Shooz song, "I can't Wait" I see the roller rink in my head. Does any other 80's kid remember skate candy?

These are the skates I used to rock (the white ones)

FannyB1923 Guest
    When I was a kiddo in So Cal, my shoe skates were Roller Derby "Street Kings" which had steel wheels. Oh I had fun- you should see the scars on my knees from crashing- we didn't have steekin' knee pads in those days (I could have used 'em though!)

I had those too Fanny...then I graduated to the skating rink after a couple of years skating in my driveway!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Being a product of a divorced family, my dad would take me skating on his weekends. It was fun. He was/is a great skater. I'm okay. I could never skate backwards, always wanted to though!

vandal Guest
    Oh man we used to have roller skating parties every year with my elementary school, I think I went till 5th grade and then I got my finger rolled over, with those real wheels, not that rollar blade crap. But after that I never went back cause that hurt.

ozzysmom Guest
    every friday and saturday night. superskate, clearwater, florida. spent all my alowance there every week from 1980 thru 81. they would have overnight skates sometimes, although, i wasn't allowed to go to those.....damn it

Seagorath Guest
    We had the Rocket Roller Rink in my hometown...complete with disco ball, mini-arcade with Galaga, cheesy 70's lighting schemes, square pizza...and that dark carpeted corner for fingerin' the ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    every friday and saturday night. superskate, clearwater, florida. spent all my alowance there every week from 1980 thru 81. they would have overnight skates sometimes, although, i wasn't allowed to go to those.....damn it

Me Neither. Folks were more than willing to let us go to the all day skates tho...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post

Ooooh I lived for a lock-in!!!

I was telling hubby about this thread, and now I'm taking my 6 year old son roller skating this weekend...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

RubySlippers Guest
    i spent most of my saturdays and sundays in a roller rink in jr high.
    i graduated to ice rinks in high school.
    i miss it.