Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Curry

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    His voice gives me shivers of ANTICI........................................................................

Pation...
    ---I'll never forget the first time I saw the Frankenfurter elevator lower behind Brad and Janet. I remember "oh this must be good" and it sure was. Never has a man been so hot in thigh highs and a corset. When I left that movie for the first time I said to my friend that he was a HELL of an actor and that he has a stage presence that reaches even beyond the character. I'll watch anything he's ever in. Including me.

Us chickie posters are really randy today I've been reading the other threads, it's all 'go' for the holidays!!!!!!!

KarmaKat Guest
    By far one of the best actors of our generation. RHPS, It, Clue (love, love, love it), Hunt for red October, heck even Wild Thornburys are good because he's in it.
    He is a trully skilled actor whether you see or only hear him.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    ---I'll never forget the first time I saw the Frankenfurter elevator lower behind Brad and Janet. I remember "oh this must be good" and it sure was. Never has a man been so hot in thigh highs and a corset. When I left that movie for the first time I said to my friend that he was a HELL of an actor and that he has a stage presence that reaches even beyond the character. I'll watch anything he's ever in. Including me.

Us chickie posters are really randy today I've been reading the other threads, it's all 'go' for the holidays!!!!!!!
    I gotta watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

*As the paramedics rush Howie to the ER for Myocardial Infarction and before she passes out from the pain she whispers8

Why? OMG, WHY!!!

I'm seriously needing some CPR myself. How on E A R T H is this possible???? Hasn't seen Rocky Horror?????
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

sweetie103 Guest
    He is a great and talented actor.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    He is classy,handsome,witty,charming,...oh the list could go on and on....

I love all of his work...except Rocky Horror (sorry Howie)...I don't like the movie..but Tim was wonderful in it. I really loved his work in Eath 2. He was a villian, of course, but he was more of a human villian than some kind of monsterous one. His work as Shakespear was so moving. I wish he had more roles as a serious actor rather than some of the off beat, nutty characters.

howDidyouBuyit, also known as Howie, succumed to shock and died suddenly at the ripe old age of 35. Her friends will remember her as a loving, carefree lady with a love of all things Rocky Horror and Tim Curry. Funeral services will be conducted by the Very Reverend Horton Heat and music will be provided by the cast of the local troup of Rocky Horror reenactors. Graveside services will be at Forest Lawn and a short gathering will follow. Thanks to FAD hag Carrie, she is no more. In lieu of flowers the family requests that donations be made to KELT WAYWARD HOME FOR BOYS and to Dearly Departed Tours.

kimba Guest
    Okay- here ya go Howie.
    Perhaps this will revive ya.
    In Six Degrees of Separation..of Tim Curry
    you have 2.

You know me...
    and I worked with him on an animated film.
    There.Heart rate up again? Good.

Now- I never actually met him, because the voice work was done in L.A.but I heard that magnificent voice all day, because I worked right next to the editing room. So I figure that counts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forte.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	11433
    Last edited by kimba; 12-31-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    Okay- here ya go Howie.
    In Six Degrees of Separation..of Tim Curry
    you have 2.

You know me...
    and I worked with him on an animated film.
    There.
    Now- I never actually met him, because the voice work was done in L.A.but I heard that magnificent voice all day, because I worked right next to the editing room. So I figure that counts.

*THUD*
    That was me having my THIRD heart attack on this thread...OH MY GAWD!!! Kimba...You are my SHE-RO and I worship the ground you walk on...I shall throw rose petals in the path where you intend to walk and I shall feed you grapes that are chilled to perfection...I shall be your slave and do your bidding...I am YOUR BITCH!!!

kimba Guest
    And in honour of this thread-
    I will go and watch Rocky Horror tonight..for a special New Years treat!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    *SIGH*

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    I gotta watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    And in honour of this thread-
    I will go and watch Rocky Horror tonight..for a special New Years treat!
    ---Do it It's awesome, dark and campy.

"Toucha toucha toucha touch me. I wanna feel d-i-r-t-y....."

gemini33 Guest
    Love him! I never realized how old he is, 62!! He looks much younger!

Carrie Guest

howDidyouBuyit, also known as Howie, succumed to shock and died suddenly at the ripe old age of 35. Her friends will remember her as a loving, carefree lady with a love of all things Rocky Horror and Tim Curry. Funeral services will be conducted by the Very Reverend Horton Heat and music will be provided by the cast of the local troup of Rocky Horror reenactors. Graveside services will be at Forest Lawn and a short gathering will follow. Thanks to FAD hag Carrie, she is no more. In lieu of flowers the family requests that donations be made to KELT WAYWARD HOME FOR BOYS and to Dearly Departed Tours.

AWWWW Howie....I didn't mean it....it's just...well...it's just that I hate musicals. Geez, I don't like The Sound Of Music either....I never meant for this to happen...Oh, by the way, you have wonderful taste in carriages

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    That's O.K. Carrie...I do...I am a musical whore~~~

kimba Guest
    Don't dream it, Howie...
    Be it!

I'm a wild and an untamed thing.
    I'm a bee with a deadly sting.
    You get a hit and your mind goes ping.
    Your heart'll thump and your blood will sing.
    So let the party and the sounds rock on.
    We're gonna shake it `til the life has gone.
    Happy New Year to those on the East Coast...

Nelliebean Guest
    *SIGH*
    A toast !

deathpool Guest
    I loved him in Stephen Kings IT. Really scared me. He really puts his all into his roles.

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    A toast !

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi

I think my favorite part of RHPS was when he was chasing Rocky and running down the stairs, and he lifts his skirt and squeals like a girl...that little action was awesome to me.

octobersky Guest
    It's funny you bring him up. My fiance and I had a long talk about him tonight. Is he gay? I haven't been able to find anything online to say one way or the other. Doesn't matter to me - he is still damn fine.
    Love him in RHPC and Clue (fiance gave me the dvd for Christmas b/c i watch it everytime it's on tv). And everything else he has ever been in but...
    I was 5 when the Worst Witch movie came out... it scared the crap out of me. I don't know why, looking back. It wasn't even a scary movie, it was funny. But it just did. I couldn't watch anything with Tim in it for many years. I never really knew why I disliked Tim for years until I remembered some creepy movie (in my mind and memory) and I asked my mama. She said everyone thought it was hilarious that this movie scared me. No wonder I wasn't ever allowed to watch Horror Movies (and still haven't see hardly any of the Jason, Friday films). I am over that now. I think he is sexy now. I had the same problem with David Bowie in Labyrinth. Not irrational fears but I was a wee lassie. I was traumatized by these movies and my own fears. Mama shoulda known something was wrong with me!

Video of the part that scared me the most at age 5.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmG80v473AI
    Last edited by octobersky; 01-01-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Classy guy, great actor. He horrified me in IT.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

kimba Guest
    Well- I just finished watching Rocky..and what a fine fun funky fetishy flick it is!
    Tim does such an awesome job, I can't imagine anyone ever being able to match his performance, by turns cruel, campy, confident, vulnerable , and contrite, and finally genuinely scared and timid.
    It's a tour de force!

I have the 2 disc 25th anniversary edition, and I watched it with the commentary by Richard O'brien and Pat Quinn...
    quite informative.

All told a cool evening- and now I have to go back and watch it with out the commentary, just blasting the soundtrack and dialogue on the home theatre with THX sound, even!.
    My poor neighbours...oh well- they were letting off fireworks for the last week.
    And it is New Years, after all

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Our Tim was also in the best episode of "Tales From the Crypt" ever! He can do anything...with extraordinary panache. He really is a legend in his own time...a CULT legend perhaps, but a legend regardless. I too will never forget the first time I saw him at a young and tender age in RHPS...he literally blew me out of my chair. There's nobody like him--nobody.

John Connor Guest
    The first time I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show was in Iqualauit on the Baffin Island with a bunch of Inuit people. It didn't go over well to say the least. They only love John Wayne and love him more when he kills the Injuns.

IrishBabe Guest
    Love , love, love him! When I was in college, one of my best friends was a production assistant on Oscar...and I got to meet Tim *and* Yvonne DeCarlo....it was one of the most awesome days of my life! Seriously.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    The first time I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show was in Iqualauit on the Baffin Island with a bunch of Inuit people. It didn't go over well to say the least. They only love John Wayne and love him more when he kills the Injuns.
    Oh that had to be a trip. Did they chase you around with a seal hook?
    regards,
    Mary

GAdeathhag Guest
    First time I saw Tim Curry in Rhps--- was in high school-- a friend of mine was playing Rocky and wanted us to come see him at the theater--- I had never seen the movie but always wanted to--- so I got to see it for the first time with a cast acting the movie down below-- I was hooked after that--- Ilike Tim Curry and as much as clowns freak me the hell out i watched IT-----scared to damn death through in in broad daylight..............

JestersKiss Guest
    My Favorite is him in Clue,,,,i love his character.

GAdeathhag Guest

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Love , love, love him! When I was in college, one of my best friends was a production assistant on Oscar...and I got to meet Tim *and* Yvonne DeCarlo....it was one of the most awesome days of my life! Seriously.
    *Howie has her fourth heart attack on this thread*

DID YA GET TO TOUCH HIM!!?!?!?!?! DID YA!??A~?~?!?!?!?!

ceege Guest
    Tim Curry is the bombdiggity man!!!!

fultondyke Guest
    Love him in every role I've ever seen him (I see no one has mentioned his part in the film Annie...), but he will always be a Sweet Transvestite from Transylvaniaaa--ah-ah to me!!! He is one of the best and most versatile character actors today, IMHO!

JestersKiss Guest

35. 01-01-2009, 08:20 AM

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest

He was amazing in Legend. Nobody seemed to like that movie but I loved it! It wouldn't have been the same without him. I did not know he was the evil clown in IT!! Learn something new everyday....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IrishBabe Guest
    *Howie has her fourth heart attack on this thread*

DID YA GET TO TOUCH HIM!!?!?!?!?! DID YA!??A~?~?!?!?!?!

Yes, ma'am. He even kissed me on the cheek. *swoon*

And just in case you were wondering....he smells wonderful.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Yes, ma'am. He even kissed me on the cheek. *swoon*

And just in case you were wondering....he smells wonderful.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    *THUD*

#5 if you are keepin count*

OH MY GREAT GARTERS AND PUMPS!!! You are the LUCKIEST WOMAN ON EARTH...Can I have your autograph?!?!?!

ceege Guest
    *ceege drags howie to side of thread and fans her with an old program from RHPS*

Just breathe hunny. Slooooow breaths.

deathpool Guest
    i loved Tim in the Rocky Horror Show. I love avi of him Howie

JestersKiss Guest
    Give her MOUTH TO MOUTH

deathpool Guest
    Also did you know that if Jack Nicolson had turned down the role of the Joker in the first Batman film Tim Curry was second choice.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I don't know how much longer I can hang on Ceegee...

*Grasps Ceege's collar and does her best impersonation of Jim Carrey in the MASK*

*Cough, cough*

I guess this is the last roundup...I cane see the light children...

*Cough, cough, gasp*

Yup, time fer this ol cowpoke ta hang up her spurs...

*cough, cough, gag*

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpool View Post
    Also did you know that if Jack Nicolson had turned down the role of the Joker in the first Batman film Tim Curry was second choice.
    Now...THAT would have been AWESOME!!! I mean I LOVE Nicholson but HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!

ceege Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpool View Post
    OMG he would have been amazing. Damn.

48. 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM

deathpool Guest
    If Chris Nolan ever does bring back the Joker maybe Tim curry could do it. Although I do think that Heath owned the role but it was open ended so who knows?

50. 01-01-2009, 10:19 AM

ceege Guest
    *ceege eyes howie's fishnet stockings and rhinestone tiara as she holds a mirror under howie's nose*

Elizabeth Guest

Me too

I think I love you...Will you do the honor of swooning together to his voice...AND........GO!
    *arm and arm, howdid and Elizabeth rock side by side slowly to "Going Home"*

What is he up to lately? And does the boy have an official website I can check out??

MrsF Guest
    I met him once about 10 years ago in New York. I think way more attractive in person. Very sweet man.