Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam Peeps!

harlequin_clown Guest

Pearl Jam Peeps!

Can you scare me up the REAL lyrics for "Black"? Thanks!

Tracyb24 Guest
    Hey...oooh...
    Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets are clean
    Her things spread out before me as her body once did
    All five horizons revolved around her soul
    As the earth does the sun
    Now the air I've tasted and breathed has taken a turn
    Ooh, and all I taught her was everything
    Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore
    And now my bitter hands shake beneath the clouds
    Of what was everything
    Oh, all pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

I take a walk outside
    I'm surrounded by some kids at play
    I can feel their laughter, so why do I sear
    Oh, and twistin' thoughts that spin round my head
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
    How quick the sun can drop away
    And now my bitter hands cradle the broken glass
    Of what was everything
    All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

All the love gone bad turned my world to black
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I will be...yeah...
    Uh huh...uh huh...ooh...

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

(During live performances)
    We, we belong, we belong together, together

RubySlippers Guest
    FAB song.

That's what I found too.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

pvezz Guest
    If the "real" ones are different, bet Mrs. James Dean would know....

jeca Guest
    Those are the lyrics at their official site.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Well, I have to say reading the lyrics was enlightening. "her things spread out before me" I thought he said- "he legs spread out before me" I have thought that for years. I was in my early twenties when this song came out. I guess my mind might have been just a teensy bit dirty. hmmm

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    Well, I have to say reading the lyrics was enlightening. "her things spread out before me" I thought he said- "he legs spread out before me" I have thought that for years. I was in my early twenties when this song came out. I guess my mind might have been just a teensy bit dirty. hmmm

No, I tought the same thing! That's why I asked!

Nelliebean Guest
    I can see where you'd make that mistake.

Eddie is one hell of a mumbler.

harlequin_clown Guest
    He sure does mumble! If you listen to "Evenflow" you'd sing

"Freezin.rhino, salicylic acid on a pillow made of concrete"

endsleigh03 Guest

Not only did I think that but I also thought he was saying

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be, I know you'll be somebody elses kind of wife'

Holy crap, just shoot me

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post

LOL That sounds exactly like it!

endsleigh03 Guest
    And anyway, it's not about the lyrics in that song, it's about all the emotion.

(trying to save face here )

Great thread.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Not only did I think that but I also thought he was saying

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be, I know you'll be somebody elses kind of wife'

Holy crap, just shoot me
    well hell, you couldn't have known!

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    I can see where you'd make that mistake.

Eddie is one hell of a mumbler.
    Good. I'm glad it wasn't just my ears.

endsleigh03 Guest
    This from A to Z lyrics....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
    Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine

I just wanted to check is all

Here are some misheard Pearl Jam lyrics for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids came from every area because I was laughing so loud and hard!!!

"Make me fries" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

redkatrampant Guest

Eddie is the king ruler of mumbling! He has almost usurped Bob Dylan in the mumbling arena!

There was a time when I thought Eddie Vedder was God's gift to all humanity, lol.

They were a waaay better band than Nirvana!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post

I know *sigh* I said "Peeps" didn't I? After shoving a sock down my son's throat for the overuse of the word "noob" then I pull that.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids came from every area because I was laughing so loud and hard!!!

Yes, I LOVE "make me fries"!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Eddie is the king ruler of mumbling! He has almost usurped Bob Dylan in the mumbling arena!

There was a time when I thought Eddie Vedder was God's gift to all humanity, lol.

He is God's gift to humanity!! He's the most gorgeous thing on this planet.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    He is God's gift to humanity!! He's the most gorgeous thing on this planet.
    Oh yes indeed.......he can mumble on my kitty anytime

jeca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Oh yes indeed.......he can mumble on my kitty anytime
    LMAO!! I've had that same thought a time or two, myself!

cachluv Guest
    Vedder is painfully beautiful. Everything. It's all....just right. I'm not even the type to be negatively caught up in that looks bullshit but then again, beauty is beauty. He's actually lovely.

**Jenna** Guest

LOL,I know that was funny!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Vedder is painfully beautiful. Everything. It's all....just right. I'm not even the type to be negatively caught up in that looks bullshit but then again, beauty is beauty. He's actually lovely.

Awww, so true!! I fuckin' love EDDIE VEDDER! That man is BEAUTIFUL! I'm such a dork that I still have the flower he gave me in Hawaii when i met him. I nearly fainted and sounded like a dork. HA!

*sigh* Eddie...

**Jenna** Guest

I agree.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Uh these are the official lyrics to black...

Hey ooh.
    Sheets of empty canvas.
    Untouched sheets of clay were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
    All five horizons revolved around her soul. As the earth to the sun.
    Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn.
    Ooh, and all I taught her was everything.
    Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore.
    And now my bitter hands shade beneath the clouds of what was everything.
    All the pictures have all been washed in black. Tattooed every day.
    I take a walk outside. I'm surrounded by some kids at play.
    Oh, I can feel their laughter. Oh, so why do I sear?
    Ooh, and twisted thoughts that spin around my head.
    I'm spinning. Oh, I'm spinning.
    How quick the sun can drop away.
    And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass of what was everything.
    All the pictures have all been washed in black. Tattooed everything.
    All the love gone bad turned my world to black.
    Tattooed all I see. All that I am. All I'll be. Yeah.
    Uh huh... Uh huh... Ooh.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
    I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?
    Oh... Ohh yeah oh.
    Do do do do do do do (x20 total) Yeah... Yeah...
    Hi. (x6)
    Yeah. (x3)

Ed mumbles too much! LOL

And yes, LIVE he always add "WE BELONG... WE BELONG TOGETHER.... TOGETHER... TOGETHER...." I love that tag.

Mrs. James Dean Guest

But he's still god gift to humanity! lol Better than Nirvana yes, but Nessa, are they way better than AIC? *runs*

KarmaKat Guest
    Pearl Jam were and are a totally underated band.
    Eddie's Voice could make a Nun swoon lol.
    He also not a bad actor. He was in the movie "Singles". He played, well, Himself really. Keep on mind though I did say not a bad actor. He's not Fabulous but he aint bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    But he's still god gift to humanity! lol Better than Nirvana yes, but Nessa, are they way better than AIC? *runs*
    Oh yeah!

- R.H. Sin

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Oh yeah!
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

aliceinnirvana Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Pearl Jam were and are a totally underated band.
    Eddie's Voice could make a Nun swoon lol.
    He also not a bad actor. He was in the movie "Singles". He played, well, Himself really. Keep on mind though I did say not a bad actor. He's not Fabulous but he aint bad lol.

Well he was better then the "professional" actors.

I seem to be the only one who hates that movie but w/e

Long Gone Day Guest

Happy Birthday Mike McCready

Since tomorrow is his birthday and he'll be 43, a nice link with some great vids of performances with Mudhoney, Mad Season, etc. They've selected some great vids.

Happy Birthday, Mike!

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Stor...?storyID=17408

Look up "Yellow Ledbedder" sometime...I am not sure if Eddie is even sure what he is mumbling. That song is one of my favorites...gets me a little misty eyed and I am by no means a crier.

"I don't know if I am the boxer or the bag".....priceless
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcnK...eature=related
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 04-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Look up "Yellow Ledbedder" sometime...I am not sure if Eddie is even sure what he is mumbling. That song is one of my favorites...gets me a little misty eyed and I am by no means a crier.

"I don't know if I am the boxer or the bag".....priceless
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcnK...eature=related
    You got that right, Inked. It's on that link above. They have several performances and that is one of them. It's the one from Nurnberg 2000.

Two Lost Souls Guest
    "Black" has to be one of the greatest rock song ever written. The lyrics are so beautiful and the emotion in Eddie's voice is amazing.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine
    One of my most favorite lyrics. Best part of the song for me.

- R.H. Sin

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    This is one is one of my fav BLACK performances LIVE. It's from Milano, Italia 2006. The crowd was insanely loud-- this video doesn't even do it justice to being there in the flesh. The ending is amazing.. the music had stopped but the crowd continued.. Ed just stood there in awe and at the end had tears in his eyes. It was amazing and I'm proud to say I was there LIVE witnessing all of this. Those crazy Italians are very passionate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNbXrmVWPo

Mrs Tingles Guest

Lol!
    Until the other day i thought the lyrics to rearview mirror were:

Soy beans
    Soy beans
    Soy beans
    Soy beans
    Clearer
    Clearer
    Want you
    in my rearview mirror

I used to think to myself, he really likes his soy beans

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post

LOL! I love the potato head wave

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Awww, so true!! I fuckin' love EDDIE VEDDER! That man is BEAUTIFUL! I'm such a dork that I still have the flower he gave me in Hawaii when i met him. I nearly fainted and sounded like a dork. HA!

*sigh* Eddie...

Oh Geeze you are so lucky you got to meet him. What's he like? Is he as short as i've heard?

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tingles View Post
    Oh Geeze you are so lucky you got to meet him. What's he like? Is he as short as i've heard?
    I made a blog on my space days after meeting him and here it is:

WARNING: INSANE RAMBLING LOL This was written Dec 10, 2006
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, so I've only rambled about it very little on the message board. I'm not a big fan of message of boards. It's always about a popularity contests and bitter PJ fans. Eh. I've told a few of you about MY PART in meeting Eddie with Chris. I think I've only told one person EVERYTHING in detail though. I'm just like that. I tend to keep these memories to myself. They are my memories and they are in no way any less meaning than the countless of other people who have met Eddie.
    Anyway, this is my part, no; this is my moment with Eddie Vedder.

The day was Thursday December 7, 2006, in Waikiki. I was lying on the beach just sun-bathing away. At one point a couple sat near us and the man was wearing a U2 shirt. Chris mentioned that it was an awesome shirt and wanted to know where he got it. So he told me to ask him. So I went over and asked him where he got his U2 shirt. The man said he purchased it through a webpage back in April when U2's original show was scheduled, yada, yada, yada. So we were talking and like a true Pearl Jam fanatic that I am, I said I LOVE PEARL JAM. Nothing to do with the conversation we were having I just felt the need to let them know that I LOVE PEARL JAM! Why? I'm not sure. OUr conversation was just about the shirt and U2. However, I felt the need to let strangers now my love for Pearl Jam.
    Right then and there the man looks at his wife and says to her "Do we dare?" All along I'm thinking what do they mean? So the man gets up and walks over to Chris and starts saying something. I went over to his wife and she is like "Eddie Vedder is right over there!" She points to the direction right above from where we were. Sure enough there is Mr. Vedder in all his glory sipping a pina colada. HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!

My heart stopped for a moment. I started to shake really bad. I mean Eddie Vedder,EDDIE FUCKIN' VEDDER, the lead singer of the band I have been traveling to see all over the world is right in front me. The man who wrote the lyric "I know, I was born and I know that'll die, the in between is mine,"a lyric that has a lot of meaning in my life. That same man is in front of me. HOLY SHIT!

I started shaking, and staring at him. It's really him? I thought to myself. He's only a few feet away from me. GOOD LORD, what to do? I told Chris right away we should go and say hello. But Chris kept saying "No" that he did not feel right. I kept telling him I just want to say THANK YOU and walk away; no pictures just say thanks and leave. I told Chris we will regret it if we don't and that we will never EVER get another opportunity like this again. I started to move my body in that direction but Chris kept saying NO. So I told him we either go and say hello or leave now because this is killing me. We both just stood there. Something came over me and I just started walking that way. I packed my stuff and started walking. Chris followed and I told him you have to speak first.

[SIZE=4]How could I speak first? This not a typical celebrity I'm about to meet, it's EDDIE VEDDER for crying out loud!! So Chris spoke first. Not sure what he said. I guess you have to read his part of the story on the board. I'm just going to focus on my moment with Eddie. Actually, all I remember is my moment with him.

After Chris said his hello or what have you and shook Ed's hand (I think). It was my turn. Holy shit, this is the moment I've always wished for and have been talking to people about. I was shaking and speaking very lightly (I get so shy and nervous). Eddie turned my way and was staring at me with those blue eyes, I find so intimidating. I shook his hand and began to talk. I said something like "Eddie (Yeah so formal because I feel like I know Eddie through his music), I just want to thank you for the music (So I was shaking and Eddie leans over to me at one point and gently puts his hand over mine and leans into to hear me better) and the inspiration it has brought to me. It has change the world inside of me." Eddie just stares at me and it's like "Wow."I said one more thing that I will not share though. I'll keep it to myself.

BTW- Eddie had his hair back in a pony tail. He had just finished surfing and was wearing shorts. He was wearing an "Eddie Would Go" tank top. You could also see all the sun block on his face. Yes, I remember all of this! It's Eddie and I'm a girl! HEEEEEEEEE!!

Then Eddie asks us both were we are from. Chris said he's from where he's from. I said Sacramento. Ed turns to me and it's like "Sacramento, we haven't been there in a while." I was holy shit he RECOGNIZES he hasn't been there in a while!! So I was like, "Yeah I know, so when are you guys coming back?" Ed then said they are going to take a LONG BREAK after this. I told him "you guys deserve it!"

This part I do not remember but Ed brought up EUROPE (fuck, did he know I followed him over there? Did he somehow know I was the girl he threw a tambourine to? Or the fact that he pushed the butterflies away with me in Prague?) I remember saying, yeah, I saw you guys in Europe and Eddie is like WOW! LOL I wonder what he was thinking of me? It was weird.

Chris then goes on to mention about the work he has done for CCFA and the fund raiser he did the day of the PJ show for the kids and Ed and Jill were impressed. Eddie told him to wait and goes to his little bad and gives him an Eddie pick. We then just say goodbye and Ed shakes Chris' hand and then he looks at me and shakes my hand and told us thank you and to take care of ourselves. But then he looks at me and gives me that Eddie smile and takes the flower he had on his hair and hands it to me and smiles and waves good-bye!!!
    GOOD LORD.

Here's the FLOWER that ED gave me:

Is it because I'm a girl that having Eddie give me a flower is like better than he would have given me money? I mean EDDIE gave me a FLOWER?? Awwwww. He had it in his hair too!! I remember walking back to DUKES in a daze. I was there but not really. I remember Sam and Lorie telling us their stories and then Chris telling them his story in detail. I kept to myself about my part. All I could think is like WOW, I met EDDIE VEDDER! I'm HOLDING A FLOWER HE GAVE ME FROM HIS HAIR! Wait did he lean over to hear me better and gently held my hand? WTF??? Through out the whole day I was like did this really happen? Am I going to wake up?

I'm still waiting to wake up from this dream. Eddie is a genuine person. Very down to earth and very attentive to what you have to say. When you are talking to him he looks directly at you and is interested in what you are telling him. I have said so many times but that man is just FUCKIN' BEAUTIFUL!

Two Lost Souls Guest
    ^Wow, great story! That sounded like an awesome encounter.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Pearl Jam is coming to San Francisco in August! YESSSS!! I get to see them soon. I was going mad since the last time I saw them Live which was July lol I have issues when it comes to Pearl Jam -- total Nut!

Anyway, they are headlining the San Francisco music festival here in August and they will be headlining Austin City Limits in Sept in Austin, TX.

I'm HAPPY HAPPY with today's news.

You mean the Austin City Limits TV show or the concert festival? If it's the TV show, you have to let me know when it will air!

- R.H. Sin

- R.H. Sin

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    I am glad he is all right. It would have sucked if they had killed him...